Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Zolor23']Do I go to the Gaming Counter or the Customer Service counter for a PM? Do I need the receipt with me?[/QUOTE]

Just go to Customer Service with your receipt.

[quote name='jr1016']Just go to Customer Service with your receipt.[/QUOTE]

I don't have my receipt! WHAT SHALL I DO?!!?!?!?!?

I'm screwed, aren't i?

[quote name='TooPoor']I never preordered online (aways preordered in-store due to various other reasons). I always thought PM online would be easier since you can sit in the comfort of your own home and not waste gas money, apparently that's not the case?[/QUOTE]

I think it depends on the quality of your local store and your luck with phone reps. My store is really quick/nice with pms, its really close, and I'm in there often enough anyways. Its a guaranteed good experience for me.

Phone reps are hit or miss. Sometimes its a smooth process that takes just a few minutes. Sometimes it takes a while because the rep wants to call and verify stock. Sometimes the rep won't agree to pm. Sometimes you randomly get disconnected. Even with a bad experience you can usually just call back in and try again, but I'd rather go to my store.

[quote name='Zolor23']I don't have my receipt! WHAT SHALL I DO?!!?!?!?!?

I'm screwed, aren't i?[/QUOTE]

Just print up a reciept from the RZ site

All they need is the customer PIN

I believe they have a way of looking up the recipt through your member ID as well

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Just print up a reciept from the RZ site

I believe they have a way of looking up the recipt through your member ID as well[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess I'm good then. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Do I bring the pre-order reciept or the exchanged receipt? The receipt from the website shows that I paid $4.71 because I paid with gift cards...can I still pm?

[quote name='Zolor23']Well, I guess I'm good then. Thanks guys!

EDIT: Do I bring the pre-order reciept or the exchanged receipt? The receipt from the website shows that I paid $4.71 because I paid with gift cards...can I still pm?[/QUOTE]

Just show them that transaction. They will pull up the regular receipt from that.

I just bring it up on my phone and they take it from there.

[quote name='shady520']well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.[/QUOTE]

Still waiting here for DLC as well, preordered online for in-store pickup

So, I caved and preordered Farcry 3 on Monday after work in-store and my recent had an Ubisoft DLC code on it that I also received in my e-mail. I'm hoping that the code doesn't "invalidate" when I pick up the game since they do a return/purchase with that pre-order purchase.

It was also very weird because the preorder UPC was ringing up as $59.99 with this side item on the register to add a $5 preorder bonus so the guy just added the preorder bonus and canceled the $59.99 part of the transaction. At the time I told the guy, "Since it rings up at full price can I get the game today?" :D

[quote name='Kyden139']I think it depends on the quality of your local store and your luck with phone reps. My store is really quick/nice with pms, its really close, and I'm in there often enough anyways. Its a guaranteed good experience for me.

Phone reps are hit or miss. Sometimes its a smooth process that takes just a few minutes. Sometimes it takes a while because the rep wants to call and verify stock. Sometimes the rep won't agree to pm. Sometimes you randomly get disconnected. Even with a bad experience you can usually just call back in and try again, but I'd rather go to my store.[/QUOTE]Try to get in good with your gaming reps & supervisors during pm's/purchases then when u need help they will be around for u. That's been the key for me getting somee major YMMV stuff like TRU GC deals that apply to all games vs the onesin the ad.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Just print up a reciept from the RZ site

I believe they have a way of looking up the recipt through your member ID as well[/QUOTE]Avoid this if u have lots of purchases and/or don't know the date u made the purchase. I've seen the screen they when they tried this for me & it was like a gov't spreadsheet of text. 40+ transaction in a month make that tough.

Are you guys calling now to get the PM for Halo 4, or do you have to wait until 12/16 when the price starts? Also for over the phone PM, what info do I need to give them?

[quote name='ChaosGamer']according to kmarts pm galore can i still get the pricematch refund on assassins creed III even if i preordered it in october?[/QUOTE]off course the pre-order date means nothing ur pm window starts from they day u buy it, not 100% sure if for online purchases they go from shipping or recieved date though.

[quote name='momouchi']Are you guys calling now to get the PM for Halo 4, or do you have to wait until 12/16 when the price starts? Also for over the phone PM, what info do I need to give them?[/QUOTE]
You need wait till current price is on sale before calling. Once you call them you tell them your order number and which item is on sale at which store. After that you wait a few minutes as they check the price and they credit back the difference on your gift card or credit/debit card.

So, does doing a phone PM vs in-store PM let you keep your 1000 bonus RZ points for pre-ordering and picking up?

The way I had read it on the Best Buy forums was that if you returned your game you got the pre-order bonus points for you would lose any bonus RZ points you got and since to PM in-store they do a return/repurchase of your game you would essentially get your 1000RZ points deducted from your account. What has been people's experience?

[quote name='shady520']well since the other thread got closed, anybody check into the DLC, from the forums it seems like people who did an online in store pickup order are not getting their dlc codes.[/QUOTE]

i always preordered online and do a in-store pick up with my game preorders and also got my codes and $20 certs with no issues till far cry 3.

Anyways theres a way to get your code via bestbuy support forums and i contacted them via PM and got a response last night that they confirmed my preorder and purchase. So i'll be getting the code within 24 hours. Someone on the forums received the code already too

[quote name='momouchi']Are you guys calling now to get the PM for Halo 4, or do you have to wait until 12/16 when the price starts? Also for over the phone PM, what info do I need to give them?[/QUOTE]

Kmart has it on sale the week before too, so you can call Sunday 12/9.

Tell them it's in the Kmart national ad, pull up the newspaper insert online so you can give them any details needed, and have your local Kmart's phone# handy in case they want to call over there.

[quote name='usagi']You need wait till current price is on sale before calling. Once you call them you tell them your order number and which item is on sale at which store. After that you wait a few minutes as they check the price and they credit back the difference on your gift card or credit/debit card.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='litepink']Kmart has it on sale the week before too, so you can call Sunday 12/9.

Tell them it's in the Kmart national ad, pull up the newspaper insert online so you can give them any details needed, and have your local Kmart's phone# handy in case they want to call over there.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I've never price-matched a pre-order. Seems ways easier than I thought.

[quote name='woodcan']So, does doing a phone PM vs in-store PM let you keep your 1000 bonus RZ points for pre-ordering and picking up?

The way I had read it on the Best Buy forums was that if you returned your game you got the pre-order bonus points for you would lose any bonus RZ points you got and since to PM in-store they do a return/repurchase of your game you would essentially get your 1000RZ points deducted from your account. What has been people's experience?[/QUOTE]
The PM procedure for phone and in-store is the same. The big difference is when you PM on phone there is a chance to get disconnected from their side. When you PM on the phone the rep usually gives you back credit as an adjustment. At the store they process it as a price match at top of receipt they give you. Just double check with customer service rep they don't process it as return/rebuy, so you can keep your RZ points.

Just got my Far Cry 3 code emailed to me a little bit ago. I know many people were too impatient to wait this long (2 days?), but they generally do get them out to you with no problem.

[quote name='iduncurr']I forgot how PMing online orders are such a pain.
and this is why I'll by pre-ordering in-store for the 2013 titles[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm with you, but I think I'll just wait for the games to drop in price now. It happens so fast, and with my backlog, I don't need to get anything day 1 any more.

Farcry points are pending but no sign of 1000 points as of yet and i still havent got my preorder bonus code!

I'll eventually buy at least half of those games, but I've kind of learned my lesson from this fall and will likely wait on most of them until they're like $20 or less on Black Friday. I will be getting GTA V and South Park right away, though. My two most anticipated games of the year.

I am a bit cautious on South Park because of the bad history of SP-related games, but I can just cancel my preorder if reviews are awful.

[quote name='akathatoneguy']I'll eventually buy at least half of those games, but I've kind of learned my lesson from this fall and will likely wait on most of them until they're like $20 or less on Black Friday. I will be getting GTA V and South Park right away, though. My two most anticipated games of the year.

I am a bit cautious on South Park because of the bad history of SP-related games, but I can just cancel my preorder if reviews are awful.[/QUOTE]

Its being made by obsidian

So it might be buggy but it will be a good game, they never dissappoint

[quote name='KENFL0']Farcry points are pending but no sign of 1000 points as of yet and i still havent got my preorder bonus code![/QUOTE]

Same by me i dont know why bestbuy is taking so long

anyone know if you preorder 2 of the same game if you get 2 $20 certificates? sorry if this has been answered already

[quote name='Jayare']anyone know if you preorder 2 of the same game if you get 2 $20 certificates? sorry if this has been answered already[/QUOTE]
Nope, you just get 1 $20 cert per game if you are a Gamer's Unlocked member. If you want two signup a friend or relative and buy with their rewardzone card then you can get 2 certs.

Had to have the cashier rering the purchase as the codes didn't print out. He had to do it as a separate transaction. The biggest issue is my purchase is showing up on my account, but no $20 unlocked points are appearing. They better get this sorted.

I sent a private message through Best Buy Unlocked yesterday morning about my Far Cry 3 pre-order code for the 360 and received a reply this morning. I was impressed by the response time. But of course with my luck the 1st row of 4 letters or numbers only has 3 instead of 4 in the message. So I just sent them a reply.

[quote name='get_loud']Had to have the cashier rering the purchase as the codes didn't print out. He had to do it as a separate transaction. The biggest issue is my purchase is showing up on my account, but no $20 unlocked points are appearing. They better get this sorted.[/QUOTE]

Relax. The bonus 1000 points always take extra days to show. Wait at least a week, preferably 2 before getting anxious.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I sent a private message through Best Buy Unlocked yesterday morning about my Far Cry 3 pre-order code for the 360 and received a reply this morning. I was impressed by the response time. But of course with my luck the 1st row of 4 letters or numbers only has 3 instead of 4 in the message. So I just sent them a reply.[/QUOTE]

It is an in game code. You have to enter it in the extras category.

ok. i don't want to get anyone else too excited, but i woke up today and my email said i had another $20 rz cert to spend. im like whoa that far cry 3 points posted super quick, but lo and behold... it was for the $35 ac3 i picked up on black friday. now im not complaining about $15 ac3 for black friday, but was curious why this happened and if anyone else got lucky. I did have an ac3 preorder a long time ago just to get the steelcase they were offering, but i never picked it up, maybe this still counted altho weeks later and at sale price. how odd but hopefully others get it too, woot.

also i spent 2 hours playing poker on far cry 3 last night, lol. i think im playing it wrong :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just want to check in:

Any pm opportunites for Dishonored right now? (I'm still @ 59.99)

Bordelrnads 2 any $29.99 or less PMs currently?

Does the PM period get extended for the holidays? I assume that since you could potential return the item and rebuy it (because of the extended return policy) that you should not have a problem just PMing it. Reason for asking is Halo 4 is on sale at Target next week and it would be over the 30 day mark. Never did a phone PM (online order) and don't really feel like wasting my time. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='slowdive21']Just want to check in:

Any pm opportunites for Dishonored right now? (I'm still @ 59.99)

Bordelrnads 2 any $29.99 or less PMs currently?[/QUOTE]

Sunday Target has it for $39.99. So if you are silver and picked it up on the Thursday or later you should be good to go. I screwed up and picked up Tuesday to be sure I got a lamp and I missed the PM by 1 day.

[quote name='cancerman1120']LAST OF US May 7th 2013 Hell yes!! That trailer was awesome.[/QUOTE]
fAPmB.gif

qDlyx.gif

L2N4M.gif

[quote name='cancerman1120']Sunday Target has it for $39.99. So if you are silver and picked it up on the Thursday or later you should be good to go. I screwed up and picked up Tuesday to be sure I got a lamp and I missed the PM by 1 day.[/QUOTE]

fuck, I bought it online and it says 10-6. I am already out of pm/return window. I wish I could just return it and forfeit the points.

Seems FC3 is pulling the same stuff RE6 Anthology did. No posted 1,000 points while all my post Tuesday purchases are popping up. I'm not too worried since I still got the anthology cert in 15 days, but its odd its doing it for a regular release title...anthology was a special edition, so that at least gave some insight of why an issue might have occurred.

[quote name='jcp42877']Seems FC3 is pulling the same stuff RE6 Anthology did. No posted 1,000 points while all my post Tuesday purchases are popping up. I'm not too worried since I still got the anthology cert in 15 days, but its odd its doing it for a regular release title...anthology was a special edition, so that at least gave some insight of why an issue might have occurred.[/QUOTE]

Its doing the same thing to me

I think they are just a little slow this time rolling out the 1000 GC promotion for some reason

[quote name='NJMane']Does the PM period get extended for the holidays? I assume that since you could potential return the item and rebuy it (because of the extended return policy) that you should not have a problem just PMing it. Reason for asking is Halo 4 is on sale at Target next week and it would be over the 30 day mark. Never did a phone PM (online order) and don't really feel like wasting my time. Thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]The extended policy is in effect till 1/24/13 so ur golden

[quote name='akathatoneguy']I'll eventually buy at least half of those games, but I've kind of learned my lesson from this fall and will likely wait on most of them until they're like $20 or less on Black Friday. I will be getting GTA V and South Park right away, though. My two most anticipated games of the year.

I am a bit cautious on South Park because of the bad history of SP-related games, but I can just cancel my preorder if reviews are awful.[/QUOTE]If u string the promos back to back along with pm's & then beat them/trade them for $43ish u make out better short/long term.
Ex.
$40(after pm) + $20 credit on the 1st game then trade it back to BB for $43.
Now use the $43 + $20 credit on ur next game rinse/repeat BB pays u to buy/play games all yr long.

[quote name='ubdu']Yeah, I'm with you, but I think I'll just wait for the games to drop in price now. It happens so fast, and with my backlog, I don't need to get anything day 1 any more.[/QUOTE]That's kinda why I love to get stuff on day 1 with credit + it fuels my silver status. Also, look at the above response on how BB will pay u to buy games from them.

[quote name='Enuf']The extended policy is in effect till 1/24/13 so ur golden[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. Crossing my fingers I can get a rep who can make it quick and painless (looks like some have not been so lucky).

[quote name='NJMane']Thanks for the confirmation. Crossing my fingers I can get a rep who can make it quick and painless (looks like some have not been so lucky).[/QUOTE]I gotta make a pm FAQ for BB & post it it'll help out alot of people.

[quote name='Deader2818']What is the first game coming out? Dead Space 3?[/QUOTE]
crysis 3 I think comes out feb 3

[quote name='s2k']Bioshock infinite delayed till march 26 ;.;[/QUOTE]short delays usually are good means they're either avoiding another title or just putting finishing touches vs long delays that could mean major bugs.

[quote name='Enuf']short delays usually are good means they're either avoiding another title or just putting finishing touches vs long delays that could mean major bugs.[/QUOTE]

Ken Levine said it's for polish and bugs.

I'm never going to get my games through instore pickup anymore. I see my Far Cry 3 transaction on my RZ account and see no sign of Gamer Club Unlocked Victory message. Should I call bestbuy to check up on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back