Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sasuke543']I'm never going to get my games through instore pickup anymore. I see my Far Cry 3 transaction on my RZ account and see no sign of Gamer Club Unlocked Victory message. Should I call bestbuy to check up on that?[/QUOTE]

No, it can take a few days for the bonus points to be added to the transaction after your game has posted to your account. Happened to me with Black Ops. Be patient people.

We guys, I signed up for the Gamers Unlocked program at the midnight launch of Black Ops II. My reward zone account has had a pending "1,189" amount of points for awhile now. When can I actually use them ? Its almost been a month.

[quote name='Deader2818']Considering Black Ops 2 came out Nov 13th and it takes 30 days... id say about 5 more days.[/QUOTE]

Still no 1000 points and preorder code from farcry 3. It's never taken this long before.

[quote name='KENFL0']Still no 1000 points and preorder code from farcry 3. It's never taken this long before.[/QUOTE]

Same here but trying to report missing points says they're already applied to my account

Sigh.

Do you receipts say return or exchange at the top? If return, you're screwed. Make a post on the BB forums.

If exchange, just chill. You should be fine.

I never received the certificate for Halo 4 and don't see an extra 1,000 points pending on my account.... Time to call them I guess?

[quote name='Rozz']I never received the certificate for Halo 4 and don't see an extra 1,000 points pending on my account.... Time to call them I guess?[/QUOTE]

If you picked it up more than 30 days ago yes. The most important thing is that you made sure your GCU RZ account was attached to the preorder/purchase.

[quote name='KENFL0']Still no 1000 points and preorder code from farcry 3. It's never taken this long before.[/QUOTE]

It actually has. The RZ site has been known to be glitchy before. As FlyingMonkey said, if you can't apply your purchase with the missing points function, it just hasn't loaded onto the public RZ site. The Best Buy system definitely has it in there. As long as you get it in 30 days, it not being there should be irrelevant for the time being.

I've preordered easily around 15 titles from BB over the last 2 years and despite some transactions not posting for many days from pickup, I've not had to manually ask for CS to credit me any $20 RZ certificate. Everything has posted properly and posted by 30 days of pickup. I cannot emphasize enough on this site for some cags to learn a little patience.

I got Halo 4 on release day and it was maybe just Friday or Thursday when I got my 20 dollars, I still have yet to call BB about why I never got my points added towards the 20 dollar reward zone for my BLOP2 preorder.

[quote name='Donut2922']It actually has. The RZ site has been known to be glitchy before. As FlyingMonkey said, if you can't apply your purchase with the missing points function, it just hasn't loaded onto the public RZ site. The Best Buy system definitely has it in there. As long as you get it in 30 days, it not being there should be irrelevant for the time being.

I've preordered easily around 15 titles from BB over the last 2 years and despite some transactions not posting for many days from pickup, I've not had to manually ask for CS to credit me any $20 RZ certificate. Everything has posted properly and posted by 30 days of pickup. I cannot emphasize enough on this site for some cags to learn a little patience.[/QUOTE]

Alright thanks, I tried the missing points thing and it didn't work so I guess it's still processing. I was just worried cuz usually my 1000 points shows up 3 days after purchase. As for the preorder DLC code, it's been 4 days and still no code. Should I message bestbuy support?

[quote name='KENFL0']Alright thanks, I tried the missing points thing and it didn't work so I guess it's still processing. I was just worried cuz usually my 1000 points shows up 3 days after purchase. As for the preorder DLC code, it's been 4 days and still no code. Should I message bestbuy support?[/QUOTE]

Yes shoot a PM to the BBY Gaming Inbox. The codes usually take 48 hours to process the majority of transactions (assuming the item has been already picked up)

[quote name='KENFL0']Alright thanks, I tried the missing points thing and it didn't work so I guess it's still processing. I was just worried cuz usually my 1000 points shows up 3 days after purchase. As for the preorder DLC code, it's been 4 days and still no code. Should I message bestbuy support?[/QUOTE]

Use the BB forums. Either make a post or PM the Gaming-BBY mod. Got mine the day after I did that.

I checked my email earlier and got 2 Far Cry 3 codes sent to me. Not sure why, I remember this used to happen a lot in the past with BB but not recently. *shrug*

[quote name='ironmenpb']so price matching is only for 30 days? even if your an unlocked member?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Only Silver gets an extention.

[quote name='Donut2922']If you picked it up more than 30 days ago yes. The most important thing is that you made sure your GCU RZ account was attached to the preorder/purchase.[/QUOTE]

Called them up and after a few minutes on the phone I now have the 1,000 points in my account. Good service.

Up until now our in-store preorder process, as many of you have become familiar with, had you putting $5 down and then exchanged that amount towards the purchase of the game when it released. To break it down even further, this process involved two different SKUs (a SKU is essentially a unique number we assign to identify each distinct product): one SKU for the $5 preorder, and one SKU for the actual game. This new process eliminates the need for two different SKUs thus removing some of the complexity behind the transactions.

What does this mean for you? For starters, you can now put down any amount up to the total cost of the item plus tax as a deposit on the game. That means you could potentially have the game paid in-full before it even comes out, giving you the comfort of knowing all you'll have to do on release day is a couple quick scans and you're on your way.

This new process also allows for more seamless downloadable content attachment. Getting your preorder bonus code will be automated and triggered a code to be printed on your receipt and emailed (if you want) right when you pick up1.

I realize these changes may not be something you'll even notice, and that's because we've designed it that way. A good process is one you don't even know about, right?
The new pre-order system has been confirmed by kyle from Best Buy and is in effect for all future pre-orders.

[quote name='htz']The new pre-order system has been confirmed by kyle from Best Buy and is in effect for all future pre-orders.[/QUOTE]

Nice!

Anyways, I got a PM for BO2 today at my BB. It says Price Match in bold letters at the top of my receipt. The receipt says

"RETURN ITEMS - CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 59.99-

SALE ITEMS - CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 47.99"

Is this a typical receipt for a price match? I am still eligible for the $20 cert?

[quote name='Zolor23']Nice!

Anyways, I got a PM for BO2 today at my BB. It says Price Match in bold letters at the top of my receipt. The receipt says

"RETURN ITEMS - CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 59.99-

SALE ITEMS - CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 47.99"

Is this a typical receipt for a price match? I am still eligible for the $20 cert?[/QUOTE]

As long as it says price match on top yes

[quote name='Lord Hamm']As long as it says price match on top yes[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought. Points are still pending, so...I guess I'm fine

Yeah, when I pre-ordered Dead Island (wanted that Steelbook) and Tomb Raider, the guy was like so you're only putting down $5? It seemed kinda funny since it was a new system, since that's what I'm used to doing there (and still did anyway).

[quote name='GreenArrow']Is it possible to use the welcome coupon of Unlocked Gamer Club on Pre-orders(B2G1)?[/QUOTE]

Possibly with the new pre-order system, but what coupon are you using?

My new game B2G1 coupon says valued up to $39.99.

[quote name='GreenArrow']Is it possible to use the welcome coupon of Unlocked Gamer Club on Pre-orders(B2G1)?[/QUOTE]

This is a great question and I'm not sure. Maybe someone can answer this. If so, my B2G1 expires at the end of the year and I would definitely take advantage. My gut feeling is that it won't work though.

[quote name='Zolor23']Possibly with the new pre-order system, but what coupon are you using?

My new game B2G1 coupon says valued up to $39.99.[/QUOTE]

I just looked at my welcome coupon as well and it also says valued up to $39.99. So it wouldn't work.

[quote name='DeliveryPizza']I just looked at my welcome coupon as well and it also says valued up to $39.99. So it wouldn't work.[/QUOTE]

Wait a second...the new pre-order system lets you put down any amount at the pre-order time...what if we put down $39.99? Will the coupon work?

[quote name='Zolor23']Wait a second...the new pre-order system lets you put down any amount at the pre-order time...what if we put down $39.99? Will the coupon work?[/QUOTE]

Just because you pay $39.99 doesn't mean the game is magically valued at $39.99. Apples to oranges.

[quote name='KanYozakura']Just because you pay $39.99 doesn't mean the game is magically valued at $39.99. Apples to oranges.[/QUOTE]

if only the coupon said "purchased at $39.99." one can dream.

I cannot understand why people continue to try to game the system with this offer. The $20 cert and Price match are more than enough to make them great deals. Trying to find ways to combine them with other offers BBY did not intend only hurts future offers.

I just called to Price Match Halo 4 and BLOPS 2. I had no problem with Halo since it was delivered. But with BLOPS 2 I did in store pick up so they gave me a hard time. I said then how do I get a price match. There is no difference between delivered or pick up. The woman put it through and said she was breaking the rules for me. I rarely price match but it seems like on these pre-orders that delivery is the way to go. It is just too bad that my Premier Silver ends in February.

[quote name='goldeneye64']I just called to Price Match Halo 4 and BLOPS 2. I had no problem with Halo since it was delivered. But with BLOPS 2 I did in store pick up so they gave me a hard time. I said then how do I get a price match. There is no difference between delivered or pick up. The woman put it through and said she was breaking the rules for me. I rarely price match but it seems like on these pre-orders that delivery is the way to go. It is just too bad that my Premier Silver ends in February.[/QUOTE]Out of curiosity, are you sure your Premier Silver membership ends in February 2013? My account says Feb. 2014, and I was one of those who received a random upgrade to Silver.

[quote name='Vigilante']Out of curiosity, are you sure your Premier Silver membership ends in February 2013? My account says Feb. 2014, and I was one of those who received a random upgrade to Silver.[/QUOTE]

According to my card and account I only have Silver til February 2013. I received the free random upgrade around this time last year.

[quote name='goldeneye64']According to my card and account I only have Silver til February 2013. I received the free random upgrade around this time last year.[/QUOTE]Oh, that explains it.

[quote name='plastik3000']Looks like my Black Ops II cert is going to take the full 35 days.[/QUOTE]

The game didn't come out till Nov 13th. Its currently Dec 9th. It hasn't even been 30 days yet.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I cannot understand why people continue to try to game the system with this offer. The $20 cert and Price match are more than enough to make them great deals. Trying to find ways to combine them with other offers BBY did not intend only hurts future offers.[/QUOTE]

Economic is tough, gotta use those CAG skill to the max.:cool:

Finally got my Far Cry 3 preorder code from the BBY forum. I know this is suppose to be inputted in game but why does the email say Xbox?

[quote name='jr1016']Finally got my Far Cry 3 preorder code from the BBY forum. I know this is suppose to be inputted in game but why does the email say Xbox?[/QUOTE]

They say that regardless of how you actually have to enter the code.

[quote name='GreenArrow']Economic is tough, gotta use those CAG skill to the max.:cool:[/QUOTE]

As long as you're using that saved money for a college education, I'm ok with it. Maybe a focus on English.

[quote name='jr1016']Finally got my Far Cry 3 preorder code from the BBY forum. I know this is suppose to be inputted in game but why does the email say Xbox?[/QUOTE]

What also confused the hell out of me was the message was sent to me XXX-XXXX-XXXX.....So it made me assume it needed to be used as a regular Xbox code not in game and that they forgot a number or letter in my code.

[quote name='koruwa']
Also, where did you pm blops with?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it for $49.99. Its on their website and in the fine print underneath the ad for the Wii U version

[quote name='koruwa']
Also, where did you pm blops with?[/QUOTE]

Best Buy has it for $49.99. Its on there website and in the fine print underneath the ad for the Wii U version

atm GTAV is the only title I would even consider, the other things look short and rather wait a month or 2 and get half off. unless GTAV is as bad as 4 then it is almost guaranteed to be fun for weeks.

[quote name='usrevenge']atm GTAV is the only title I would even consider, the other things look short and rather wait a month or 2 and get half off. unless GTAV is as bad as 4 then it is almost guaranteed to be fun for weeks.[/QUOTE]
Please shut up with saying GTA 4 is bad, there's a reason it's one of the highest rated games of all time.

Yes, you may want to pretend it makes you a better person saying the game is bad while you hold a pinky in the air but all it does is show you have awful taste, and that's nothing to brag about.

My farcry 3 points are now showing the extra 1000 pending. Also, I was going to PM Black Ops, will that cause any issues with the 1000 pt bonus I got on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back