Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dkl415']An update on my missing receipt. I called and was left on hold for half an hour so I just went to the store in person. In about 30 seconds, an employee reprinted the receipt. All she needed was the credit card I had paid with.

I went on myrewardzone to register it, and the site says it's already been applied to my account. Maybe it'll show within the next week or so? If not, at least I have the receipt to contest it.[/QUOTE]

Glad it worked out somewhat for you. It should show up within 35 days after the purchase date. If it doesn't post on the forums and I am sure someone will help you. I've had nothing but positive experiences with the forum people, the phone help is faster, but it's a mixed bag.

OK this happen's alot where a transaction is "missing". Theres two system's, the one we see, and the real one, all likelyhood you can still get the point's, if no point's after (with new pricematch policy new point clearing dates) 20 day's, post on the forum, a mod will still see your purchase and be able to handle adding the point's manually.

Honestly??? I've started doing all my preorder's online for in-store pickup because the store systems are just, awful. Takes them like 40 minutes to process a preorder pickup, take the $5 off manually because it's stupid, and add any RZ cert's I have. This way, walk in, hand them pickup slip, walk out with game.

Keep in mind reviews are by PEOPLE, some people just don't like certain games, ZombiiU for the WiiU got like a 6.x by IGN, it is a FANTASTIC game. I'm sure there will be some glitches but nothing COMPLETELY game breaking like they make it sound. There's always patches too (No excuse but still a remedy) and install to your HDD will fix some framerate issues ATLEAST.

[quote name='Hemi']Keep in mind reviews are by PEOPLE, some people just don't like certain games, ZombiiU for the WiiU got like a 6.x by IGN, it is a FANTASTIC game. I'm sure there will be some glitches but nothing COMPLETELY game breaking like they make it sound. There's always patches too (No excuse but still a remedy) and install to your HDD will fix some framerate issues ATLEAST.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I totally agree with you. Either way I'm picking it up Day 1. just wanted to share reviews with fellow CAG.

[quote name='Hemi']
Honestly??? I've started doing all my preorder's online for in-store pickup because the store systems are just, awful. Takes them like 40 minutes to process a preorder pickup, take the $5 off manually because it's stupid, and add any RZ cert's I have. This way, walk in, hand them pickup slip, walk out with game.[/QUOTE]

...and don't forget the time it takes to argue with the CS agent that they are *about* to do it wrong. Secret huddles of doubt on how to get it right. Minutes of dirty looks and suspended transactions when they are about to cancel/rebuy or charge the order incorrectly. I'm talking to you Store#660.

Sad I'm not alone. Online seems the way now (especially for PMs also).

^Yup it's damn crazy. Also not mentioned is how for two games so far my 1000 point's needed to be added manually... The latest one bioshock infinite, atleast the TRANSACTION is showing up but the 1000? Missing.

[quote name='Hemi']^Yup it's damn crazy. Also not mentioned is how for two games so far my 1000 point's needed to be added manually... The latest one bioshock infinite, atleast the TRANSACTION is showing up but the 1000? Missing.[/QUOTE]

/sigh

Can take up to 30-35 days for points to show up...

Here we go again...

[quote name='StryderOmega']/sigh

Can take up to 30-35 days for points to show up...

Here we go again...[/QUOTE]

This is no longer true. With the new return policy its now 15 to 20 days.

[quote name='Deader2818']This is no longer true. With the new return policy its now 15 to 20 days.[/QUOTE]

However this might be true for most instances, the actual print of the terms still states 30-35 days.

Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...0050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003&DCMP=rdr18396

To be eligible, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club Unlocked member and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game at time of pickup or shipment. Visit MyRewardZone.com/gamersclub for list of eligible game titles, street dates, minimum age and other requirements. Street dates are subject to change by publisher. Offer valid at BestBuy.com and in Best Buy stores in 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding Puerto Rico). Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive 1,000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 Reward Certificate) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Reward Zone membership and Reward Certificates are subject to Reward Zone program rules. Gamers Club Unlocked subscriptions ($14.99 per year) are available for purchase in Best Buy stores only. If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title. No dealers. No rainchecks.

[quote name='Deader2818']Im pretty sure the forum posts says different.

That likely hasn't been updated[/QUOTE]

I believe you, but the truth of it still remains that they don't have to be in your account till 30 days have gone by, because that is the printed terms in which you were originally agreeing to.

I preordered Dead Island Riptide by picking up the steelbook for 5 dollars last year. By doing this, am I locked into the $20 dollar points promotion? Is there any way to tell if I'm locked into getting the $20 back by buying this game from purchasing the $5 steelbook?

Thanks.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I preordered Dead Island Riptide by picking up the steelbook for 5 dollars last year. By doing this, am I locked into the $20 dollar points promotion? Is there any way to tell if I'm locked into getting the $20 back by buying this game from purchasing the $5 steelbook?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Only way now is to pick it up with the reserve receipt.

Worst case scenario, it doesn't show up in the time frame, and you call CS.

Just no way to know for sure as the SKU for the reserve changed.

Just came back from picking up my order of Dead Island: Riptide. They didn't even have any copies out; they had to grab it all the way in the back.

Deader2818,

Some of the mods on the BB forum still request you wait the 30-35 grace period for this promo when responding to "where's my 1000 points?!!!!"

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I went to pickup an order yesterday and the worker also brought out my dead island preorder. hope picking it up early doesn't mess up the points[/QUOTE]

You can get Best Buy in trouble for breaking street date. The publishers can fine Best Buy now.

I tried to read through the first 10 or so pages but didnt see this any where(also last of us is not searchable it seems). Does any one know if Best Buy will have the "Sights and sounds" pre order bonus that everwhere else seems to have?

[quote name='shady520']Last post on page, second paragraph.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...an-Be-Pre-Ordered-2013-FAQ/td-p/659585/page/3

You could always point to that when talking to, pming, or posting about it.[/QUOTE]

Like I said previously this isn't the "set in stone" terms. The original terms which I had been talking about is the official terms which everyone is bound too, since that is the official terms you agreed to when you went thru with the offer.

[quote name='Donut2922']You can get Best Buy in trouble for breaking street date. The publishers can fine Best Buy now.[/QUOTE]

That's not true. There is no direct financial penalty for breaking street date. They can retaliate in other ways like reducing marketing dollars or refusing to support certain promos with co-spending, but it's unlikely they would do that for one accidental sale at the store level.

[quote name='mathyou']Does anyone know if the DI: R DLC is packaged with the game, or will it be e-mailed separately?[/QUOTE]

In the box.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I believe you, but the truth of it still remains that they don't have to be in your account till 30 days have gone by, because that is the printed terms in which you were originally agreeing to.[/QUOTE]

I got this directly from a BB forum rep, check the GCU forums for ppl talking about misssing point's a rep will say 15-20 day's. He had me wait 21 days to see if my point's posted from bioshock before manually adding them. Someone just hasn't gone and changed the time in the little description yet. It may SAY 30-35 but that's not true and after 21 day's you should have your point's or the system messed up.

Shady & Hemi,

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it IS supposed to be 20 days now, and all mine have gone thru in the 20 days. I was just saying there have been conflicting answers from the BB mods since the change. I've seen both the 20 & 35 day answer from them, including that one that specifically state both depending on purchase date that was linked to earlier.

With the previous terms directly for this promo, and as wonky as the RZ system can be, I just wouldn't be surprised if some of them do still take the 35 days. At least until the next set (hopefully) of games with the updated terms.

That being said, I'd still be posting on the BB forums if it's not there on day 21 :)

Got my Dead Island riptide pre-order yesterday and sure enough no steelbook as what I was expecting. Called CS and after about a hour and half being transferred around got nowhere. They were absolutely clueless on what to do. Most of the people I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. Out of the three that did, one said it was only for pre-orders and that's why I didn't receive it. :wall:

The other two, admitted they I should have received it but had no idea how to fix it since the system keep trying to charge me $50 bucks for the case.

In other words it was my typical Bestbuy phone CS experience. When it comes to helping you place a order their geniuses but when it comes to fixing their screw up, no one knows anything. As per usual I posted the problem on their forums since they seem to be the only people in the company and can actually help you.

[quote name='TheRock88']Anyone else's points missing? I had $145 total worth of reward certs saved up for a big purchase and right now it says I have nothing.[/QUOTE]

Dumb question here, but did the certs expire? I know only last a couple of months(like 4) after you issue them.

[quote name='solidus_00']Got my Dead Island riptide pre-order yesterday and sure enough no steelbook as what I was expecting. Called CS and after about a hour and half being transferred around got nowhere. They were absolutely clueless on what to do. Most of the people I talked to had no idea what I was talking about. Out of the three that did, one said it was only for pre-orders and that's why I didn't receive it. :wall:

The other two, admitted they I should have received it but had no idea how to fix it since the system keep trying to charge me $50 bucks for the case.

In other words it was my typical Bestbuy phone CS experience. When it comes to helping you place a order their geniuses but when it comes to fixing their screw up, no one knows anything. As per usual I posted the problem on their forums since they seem to be the only people in the company and can actually help you.[/QUOTE]

When did you preorder it?

My brother ordered the game online on Monday this week, the day before release and he got the game and steelcase the next day on Tuesday.

[quote name='usagi']My brother ordered the game online on Monday this week, the day before release and he got the game and steelcase the next day on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

Chalk that up to luck then, and don't expect it.

The SB will 99% only come with orders from last year and if you got lucky and found it sitting on the shelf in VG sections.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Chalk that up to luck then, and don't expect it.

The SB will 99% only come with orders from last year and if you got lucky and found it sitting on the shelf in VG sections.[/QUOTE]

Um it was advertised on the website for Dead Island Riptide, stating it would ship separately when the game released....

The ones you got in store were at time of pickup, online pre-orders should have gotten it at time of game release.

I nearly forgot that I "preordered" the Riptide steelbook by itself last year when it was online for $5, and I got it in the mail yesterday with no markings that I can see. I'll probably never get the game, but the steelbook looks nice. :)

I never got the steelbook either. When I called on Tuesday the woman said they were all sold out so she could only give me a $5 coupon for a future online order. Just now checked the item description on BB for the base game and it still lists the steelbook. I added the game to the cart and the steelbook was automatically added even though of course it is impossible for it to be a pre-order right now. Why the woman told me it was sold out...when as I can easily see it isn't is beyond me, so on the phone again about this.

For anyone who cares:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Dead-Is...CategoryId=pcmcat50300050014&id=1218752783221

EDIT: Just got off the phone and the rep was able to send me the steelbook at no extra cost to me and shipped it with overnight delivery due to the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may have a big problem picking up my preorder of Dead Island Riptide tomorrow.

I preordered the game almost a full year ago and the ink on the preorder receipt is almost completely gone. You can't really even see the barcode at the top.

Am I screwed? I have a pretty powerful light at home that I can use to barely read the receipt. Does anyone know which numbers on the receipt the best buy employee can use to redeem my preorder? Is this even possible without the barcode being scan-able?

I'm trying to type up everything important on the receipt to try to make the transaction smoother tomorrow. I'm not buying the mediocre game without the $5 deposit and the $20 rewardzone certificate coming later.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I think I may have a big problem picking up my preorder of Dead Island Riptide tomorrow.

I preordered the game almost a full year ago and the ink on the preorder receipt is almost completely gone. You can't really even see the barcode at the top.

Am I screwed? I have a pretty powerful light at home that I can use to barely read the receipt. Does anyone know which numbers on the receipt the best buy employee can use to redeem my preorder? Is this even possible without the barcode being scan-able?

I'm trying to type up everything important on the receipt to try to make the transaction smoother tomorrow. I'm not buying the mediocre game without the $5 deposit and the $20 rewardzone certificate coming later.[/QUOTE]
I believe they might be able to look up your pre-order by your name/phone number. I did that once a few years ago when I picked up Battlefield 3. If you are looking for important numbers, I think important one is the Customer Service Pin at bottom by the survey stuff. You could also find that number in your rewardzone account.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I think I may have a big problem picking up my preorder of Dead Island Riptide tomorrow.

I'm trying to type up everything important on the receipt to try to make the transaction smoother tomorrow. I'm not buying the mediocre game without the $5 deposit and the $20 rewardzone certificate coming later.[/QUOTE]
My pickup with a preorder slip from October of last year didn't work at all. They had to adjust the price down $5 when I bought a copy.

[quote name='Lemstar']My pickup with a preorder slip from October of last year didn't work at all. They had to adjust the price down $5 when I bought a copy.[/QUOTE]

fucking shit. Mine is from October also. I printed out a new copy pf the receipt from my rewardzone account. I'm not sure if this will make any difference.

So what are you supposed to do about the $20 rewardzone certificate? Spend 30-45 minutes on the phone with customer service 35 days from now and hope that you speak with someone nice and knowledgeable enough to apply 1000 rewardzone points to your account because you asked them to?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']fucking shit. Mine is from October also. I printed out a new copy pf the receipt from my rewardzone account. I'm not sure if this will make any difference.

So what are you supposed to do about the $20 rewardzone certificate? Spend 30-45 minutes on the phone with customer service 35 days from now and hope that you speak with someone nice and knowledgeable enough to apply 1000 rewardzone points to your account because you asked them to?[/QUOTE]
The Best Buy forum is where it's at for fixing these problems. Any issues I've had were handled from a few days to 2-3 weeks because the number issues they work with. I'm not sure how they handle Gamer unlocked rewardzone points, so they may give you a gift card or just add points to your account.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

[quote name='usagi']The Best Buy forum is where it's at for fixing these problems. Any issues I've had were handled from a few days to 2-3 weeks because the number issues they work with. I'm not sure how they handle Gamer unlocked rewardzone points, so they may give you a gift card or just add points to your account.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I appreciate the help.

The other question I have is this: Can I redeem my preorder at a different best buy store than the one I preordered at?

The Best Buy I preordered Dead Island Riptide at has horrible customer service and a despicably horrendous manager. I don't want to get into the whole story, but I vowed to myself that I would never go to this shitty Best Buy again when there are 4 other good Bestbuy stores in reasonably easy driving distance. I completely forget that my October 2012 Dead Island preorder receipt was from this shit ass store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back