Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DWulf']I believe they changed their system within the last few months (I'm not sure when). It used to be that you could only pay $5 of the pre-order in-store, but from what I've heard (haven't done it myself) the system now allows you to pay as much as you want towards the game when pre-ordering. I believe it's only a one time thing though, so you can't put $10 down initially, then come back on another day and put another $10 down on the pre-order (like you can at Gamestop). Some employees may not know about the system change though.[/QUOTE]The system change was put into place for all 2013 titles and beyond, so it should be in place for all preorders at this time.

The Limited edition of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is up for pre-order (at least on the website, didn't check in store today) if anyone is interested in it.

That's what I was waiting on even though I've never seen any official conformation of collector/limited editions like last year I'm going to hope it works (and can always try complaining).

Store Pickup: Not Available
Find it at a Best Buy store.
Check Stores

Anyone know why Store Pickup has been disabled for almost everything on the list? I had no problems doing pre-order/in-store pickup with the last promo. Although, I usually did pre-order just a month before release, so maybe it becomes enabled near the release date.

[quote name='GamerDooD']Store Pickup: Not Available
Find it at a Best Buy store.
Check Stores

Anyone know why Store Pickup has been disabled for almost everything on the list? I had no problems doing pre-order/in-store pickup with the last promo. Although, I usually did pre-order just a month before release, so maybe it becomes enabled near the release date.[/QUOTE]

I just did in-store pickup for Dead Space 3 so try it now.

[quote name='panda911']I just did in-store pickup for Dead Space 3 so try it now.[/QUOTE]
Looks like they enabled it on a few more today. I got Tomb Raider pre-ordered now, but Metal Gear Rising still says no store pickup and it's out earlier.

[quote name='edson13']im trying to price match the 39.99 games this week and the guy helping me says they cant because I used a $20 cert on each, so its double dipping? Any advice?[/QUOTE]

Just call again and get someone else.

Same thing happened to me. I talked to a CS rep and she told me that if I use reward certificates I cannot price match. I then asked at the store and they said it doesn't matter how you pay for a item (gift cards, reward certificates) you can still price match.

I called again and the next CS rep price matched my item with no questions asked.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']when you preorder online do they charge you $5 or the full $60?[/QUOTE]
The full 60tax

[quote name='Royal High Knight']when you preorder online do they charge you $5 or the full $60?[/QUOTE]

Also as a note for preordering: It's my understanding that price matching for preorders happens from the date the game was paid for, not the date the game was picked up. So, if you preorder online today, paying in full, for a game that doesn't come out until March, you wouldn't be able to price match it after you pick it up.

If you preorder in store for store pick up (only putting the $5 down), you can PM 30 days/60 days AFTER you pick up the title.

[quote name='honzoh']Also as a note for preordering: It's my understanding that price matching for preorders happens from the date the game was paid for, not the date the game was picked up. So, if you preorder online today, paying in full, for a game that doesn't come out until March, you wouldn't be able to price match it after you pick it up.

If you preorder in store for store pick up (only putting the $5 down), you can PM 30 days/60 days AFTER you pick up the title.[/QUOTE]

thanks you man for that response and the same to k1ngster. Yeah I need to preorder Dead Space so it can start my line of getting new games for $40. I haven't stepped foot in BB in over a month, since there hasn't been any really good deals like winter 2011. I just have to figure out if I wanna get Judgement for $40.

Neither. You will see a temp authorization for the amount if you check your card account, but it isn't charged until it ships/is ready for pickup.

If you choose PayPal, I think it takes the full amount right away as that is how they work.

[quote name='GamerDooD']Looks like they enabled it on a few more today. I got Tomb Raider pre-ordered now, but Metal Gear Rising still says no store pickup and it's out earlier.[/QUOTE]

It let me do a store pickup on it two days ago. I wanted to be sure it was in store so they couldn't possibly damage the lamp (I've heard horror stories about BBY shipping). I didn't have to do anything specific to get it, just gave me the option for it.

[quote name='honzoh']Also as a note for preordering: It's my understanding that price matching for preorders happens from the date the game was paid for, not the date the game was picked up. So, if you preorder online today, paying in full, for a game that doesn't come out until March, you wouldn't be able to price match it after you pick it up.[/QUOTE]

That seems wrong. It should start from the time it ships/you pick up. That's when you're charged for it so that's when the sale happens.

Here's a BB mod saying the same thing, though the thread is a year old - I couldn't find an BB rrsponse in a newer thread:
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/BestBu...B-com-orders/m-p/404346/highlight/true#M36220

Last edited by a moderator:
Will this List be Updated?? Ive been told In-store that there is actually more games that give you this bonus $20RZ Cert.

[quote name='honzoh']Also as a note for preordering: It's my understanding that price matching for preorders happens from the date the game was paid for, not the date the game was picked up. So, if you preorder online today, paying in full, for a game that doesn't come out until March, you wouldn't be able to price match it after you pick it up.

If you preorder in store for store pick up (only putting the $5 down), you can PM 30 days/60 days AFTER you pick up the title.[/QUOTE]

That's not right, although I have heard this from mistaken cs reps. The pm/return period starts from when you actually pick up the item. You have up until a week after the release date to still qualify for the 20 rz promo.

[quote name='panda911']That's not right, although I have heard this from mistaken cs reps. The pm/return period starts from when you actually pick up the item. You have up until a week after the release date to still qualify for the 20 rz promo.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping this was the case. Doesn't make much sense the other way.

[quote name='panda911']That's not right, although I have heard this from mistaken cs reps. The pm/return period starts from when you actually pick up the item. You have up until a week after the release date to still qualify for the 20 rz promo.[/QUOTE]

In September, I preordered Xcom for the $15 GC and when I rried to PM it in November, via the phone, was told it went off of the preorder date, not the release date. Maybe it is CS rep specific, but I'll never preorder online again to risk it. The best part of these preorders is the 60day PM policy, in my case, and there's no point in me risking being told no again.

[quote name='honzoh']In September, I preordered Xcom for the $15 GC and when I rried to PM it in November, via the phone, was told it went off of the preorder date, not the release date. Maybe it is CS rep specific, but I'll never preorder online again to risk it. The best part of these preorders is the 60day PM policy, in my case, and there's no point in me risking being told no again.[/QUOTE]

You just got an incompetent rep. Hang up on them and recall.

This discussion made me wonder: should I just preorder near the release date (say, 3 days before) to avoid this hassle of PM date issue?

Another question for CAG vets, which of these games do you think will mostly likely see a "official sale" from BestBuy in 90 days? Although I am not silver, a lot of credit card companies offer PM within 90 days, but the sale must be made by the same merchant from which the original purchase was made.

I am guess Splinter Cell or MGS:R?

[quote name='TooPoor']Another question for CAG vets, which of these games do you think will mostly likely see a "official sale" from BestBuy in 90 days?
I am guess Splinter Cell or MGS:R?[/QUOTE]I'd say definitely for Splinter Cell. I can't recall how many times I've bought a Ubisoft game near release only to have it go on sale for much less seemingly immediately afterwards.

Having said that...Blacklist is currently the only one I'm considering pre-ordering for the $20 RZ cert. I think that's because I'm a sucker.

[quote name='TooPoor']This discussion made me wonder: should I just preorder near the release date (say, 3 days before) to avoid this hassle of PM date issue?

Another question for CAG vets, which of these games do you think will mostly likely see a "official sale" from BestBuy in 90 days? Although I am not silver, a lot of credit card companies offer PM within 90 days, but the sale must be made by the same merchant from which the original purchase was made.

I am guess Splinter Cell or MGS:R?[/QUOTE]

How r u able tp pm within 90 days. Silver members only get 60 day to pm.

[quote name='Daring']How r u able tp pm within 90 days. Silver members only get 60 day to pm.[/QUOTE]
Your answer is in his post.

[quote name='TooPoor']This discussion made me wonder: should I just preorder near the release date (say, 3 days before) to avoid this hassle of PM date issue?

I think so

MGS bc you can see how flaming Raiden is :lol:

[quote name='TooPoor']This discussion made me wonder: should I just preorder near the release date (say, 3 days before) to avoid this hassle of PM date issue?[/QUOTE]

May as well. I had no problems preordering games from the 2012 list the weekend before.

The only issue with pre-ordering only a few days before release is that most of the CE/SE are not available at that point. But if you want a 'regular' version, I would think that would work... I, too, ran into difficulties PM'ing games I had pre-ordered months before release (AC3, Halo) and decided to wait longer for Far Cry 3.

Thanks to eauget, IamPro and Kyden for the insights.

Guess I will preorder Blacklist, and find one of my many credit cards that allows for extended period of PM, I cannot for the love of god remember which one.

I see Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3 dropping for sure and maybe Dead Space 3 in the 60 day price match. Gta V is really the only one I don't see it happening to.

Ok the time has come to start the BB 2013 pre order bonanza and maximize by predicting which titles have the best shot of silver PM window.

I found it worked out best to preorder 3 weeks before you will pick them up because the rewardzone certificates would pend ~4-5 days and then post ~a month after the preorder date allowing me to use it on the next game faster without being a silver member. As for the 90 day thing, I have no clue but I am sure almost all of them will see a $10 or $20 PM opportunity during the initial 30 or 60 days.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Ok the time has come to start the BB 2013 pre order bonanza and maximize by predicting which titles have the best shot of silver PM window.[/QUOTE]

All of them do. I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and pricematched all of them down to $40.

I was looking at my points it was telling me to recerity for 2013 i was a few hundred point and I bought a wii and assassins that clearly put me over but they never posted. When I was looking it said points sometime take 35 days to post.

I believe that is there mistake and they should recertify me coming this feb.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm finally considering GCU because of this deal. Is it worth it if you don't have a BB within a convenient distance and have to do everything online? Assuming that everything works the same online, the only drawback I can see is their slow-ish free shipping.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm finally considering GCU because of this deal. Is it worth it if you don't have a BB within a convenient distance and have to do everything online? Assuming that everything works the same online, the only drawback I can see is their slow-ish free shipping.[/QUOTE]
The coupons are only good for in-store use. The trade-in bonus is in-store obviously. So...

[quote name='klimb22']The coupons are only good for in-store use. The trade-in bonus is in-store obviously. So...[/QUOTE]

??? what coupons? the @gamer? rz certs work online fine and he can pm over phone. He was saying he wanted the $20 rz preorder bonus for gcu.

I got the coupon train started yesterday by preordering Dead Space 3 :)360:), though I already have Bioshock Infinite :)ps3:) and GTA V :)ps3:) preordered, as well.

Does anyone know if Tomb Raider will be better on either system? I'm a bit unsure which system for which I should get it.

[quote name='Vigilante']
Does anyone know if Tomb Raider will be better on either system? I'm a bit unsure which system for which I should get it.[/QUOTE]
Would like to know this as well. Interested in the :pc: and console version comparisons, I know :pc: does not enjoy the $20 promo but if the quality difference is significant I will go PC.

[quote name='Dund3r']All of them do. I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and pricematched all of them down to $40.[/QUOTE]

Question; when you price-match a game down, does it affect the value of your $20 RZ certificate for that game?

[quote name='tk_tymes']Question; when you price-match a game down, does it affect the value of your $20 RZ certificate for that game?[/QUOTE]

No, I always received the $20 RZ certificate.

[quote name='tk_tymes']Question; when you price-match a game down, does it affect the value of your $20 RZ certificate for that game?[/QUOTE]

If they do an actual pricematch then no but if they do a return-rebuy then yes. I had points taken out of my normal balance for pricematching equal to the cash back but it might be YMMV.

[quote name='VaultBoy101']Sorry if this has been asked already, but I'm finally considering GCU because of this deal. Is it worth it if you don't have a BB within a convenient distance and have to do everything online? Assuming that everything works the same online, the only drawback I can see is their slow-ish free shipping.[/QUOTE]
Majority of the GCU benefits are in-store only.

• @gamer coupons
  • Bi-weekly RZ offers
  • Welcome packet coupons
  • 10% trade in bonus
GCU benefits that can be done online.

• $20 RZ cert for pre-ordering select games
  • 10% off pre-owned games
But taking advantage of 2 or more $20 RZ cert promos can cover the cost of the subscription.

[quote name='MetalSlugger']If they do an actual pricematch then no but if they do a return-rebuy then yes. I had points taken out of my normal balance for pricematching equal to the cash back but it might be YMMV.[/QUOTE]

What are the circumstances that would cause them to do a return-rebuy, instead of a regular price-match?

[quote name='tk_tymes']What are the circumstances that would cause them to do a return-rebuy, instead of a regular price-match?[/QUOTE]
Improper training. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back