Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vigilante']Thanks. Should I still do so even though it'd be easier to get a PM with an in-store preorder? You only need to show the receipt from when you picked up the game when PMing, so the CS rep wouldn't know how long ago the preorder was placed and thus you would avoid any issue involving that.[/QUOTE]

Maybe. I just find it easier to PM online.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just joined Unlocked and my preorders are in for Dead Space and Tomb Raider. :) The certs take about 30 days to get, right? So I'll at least have the cert from Dead Space in time for BioShock Infinite's release date?[/QUOTE]

35 days

Dunno if its been mentioned or if CEs and LEs even count for the $20 promo this time ...

But I saw the MG Rising preorder card hanging on the shelves today and looked at it. It advertised the CE on the back but said it is "Online Only". So if anyone's interested in it from BBY that seems to be the only route.

[quote name='evophile']Dunno if its been mentioned or if CEs and LEs even count for the $20 promo this time ...

But I saw the MG Rising preorder card hanging on the shelves today and looked at it. It advertised the CE on the back but said it is "Online Only". So if anyone's interested in it from BBY that seems to be the only route.[/QUOTE]
The one with the lamp?

So I went to BB today and preordered DmC, Dead Island, and GTA V. I got the case for the DI:R preorder, but I asked about the poster with GTA V and the employee told me they didn't have any and that they would probably show up closer to release.

I searched through this thread and maybe found one person who said they got their poster. I was just wondering if others have already got their poster. I got the little preorder card thing that's about the size of a game. Please tell me that's not a "poster".

Did anyone preorder God of War LE/CE in store yet? I search the kiosk they had but couldn't find it. I know it's available online with store pick up but don't feel like paying for the whole thing up front.

Also if I show the cashier the SKU# will I be able to preorder it that way? I want to preorder early before they pull it for the LE/CE.

[quote name='jr1016']Did anyone preorder God of War LE/CE in store yet? I search the kiosk they had but couldn't find it. I know it's available online with store pick up but don't feel like paying for the whole thing up front.

Also if I show the cashier the SKU# will I be able to preorder it that way? I want to preorder early before they pull it for the LE/CE.[/QUOTE]

If its not at the kiosk at your store it might have been pulled already.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the kiosk back when it was first announced. It's weird, my store also has the Bioshock Songbird and other CE pulled but it's still online.

[quote name='evophile']If its not at the kiosk at your store it might have been pulled already.

I'm pretty sure I saw it in the kiosk back when it was first announced. It's weird, my store also has the Bioshock Songbird and other CE pulled but it's still online.[/QUOTE]
Songbird is not sold out at BBY it seems, online. Thanks for mentioning it.

I don't have a local Best Buy and the closest one to me is about 2 hours away. I was able to join Reward Zone online and use it for my online purchases but it seems I can't sign up for unlocked online. It tells me to print a page and take it into the store. :(

Is there any way around this? I doubt there is but couldn't hurt to ask.

Looks like the big money CEs are online only, which is an actual sound business decision. Great job Best Buy! You're getting the hang of this now! :applause:

[quote name='JiggleZ']So I went to BB today and preordered DmC, Dead Island, and GTA V. I got the case for the DI:R preorder, but I asked about the poster with GTA V and the employee told me they didn't have any and that they would probably show up closer to release.

I searched through this thread and maybe found one person who said they got their poster. I was just wondering if others have already got their poster. I got the little preorder card thing that's about the size of a game. Please tell me that's not a "poster".[/QUOTE]

Yes the posters were at the store a while ago (november I think) and that little card is not the poster. Either they are out, never received them, or my best bet the employee was clueless as to their location in the store. When I went to preorder mine they had to go into the back to get the posters and a box full of the picture viewers.

[quote name='Komentra']I don't have a local Best Buy and the closest one to me is about 2 hours away. I was able to join Reward Zone online and use it for my online purchases but it seems I can't sign up for unlocked online. It tells me to print a page and take it into the store. :(

Is there any way around this? I doubt there is but couldn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]

Unlocked can only be signed up for in store.

[quote name='JiggleZ']So I went to BB today and preordered DmC, Dead Island, and GTA V. I got the case for the DI:R preorder, but I asked about the poster with GTA V and the employee told me they didn't have any and that they would probably show up closer to release.

I searched through this thread and maybe found one person who said they got their poster. I was just wondering if others have already got their poster. I got the little preorder card thing that's about the size of a game. Please tell me that's not a "poster".[/QUOTE]

Hmm, so I might have a chance to pick up a steelcase still? Nice.

[quote name='Komentra']I don't have a local Best Buy and the closest one to me is about 2 hours away. I was able to join Reward Zone online and use it for my online purchases but it seems I can't sign up for unlocked online. It tells me to print a page and take it into the store. :(

Is there any way around this? I doubt there is but couldn't hurt to ask.[/QUOTE]
You can only sign up for Unlocked in-store.
[quote name='panda911']Looks like the big money CEs are online only, which is an actual sound business decision. Great job Best Buy! You're getting the hang of this now! :applause:[/QUOTE]
Good for best buy but not for those of us hoping to score a CE on clearance now. :whistle2:#

I'm with you on that regarding CEs at BB. I rarely even see them around anymore... and they will often not get any in on launch day.

I'd suggest pre-ordering all the games in-store using a GC on 1 receipt(even on games you don't want to avoid the "If I new ___ was gonna be on sale for $40 I would've done the BB $20 deal".

DON'T WORRY ABOUT TRYIN TO GET THE $5 BACK WHEN PICKING UP THE GAMES UNTIL AFTER ALL THE THE TITLES HAVE BEEN ACCOUNTED FOR.

You won't lose the $60 pre-orders no matter how long it goes & since it's a GC it'll be easy for CS to refund down the line. And if won't effect the $20 pre-order since u have still met all the requirements needed. I personally haven't used the $5 for any pre-order in 2 yrs & being silver the points post in about 2 weeks.

Also, for non-silver members u can reach silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs or use the pre-paid visa method which only cost $77.35 in fees(13 cards total).

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Just joined Unlocked and my preorders are in for Dead Space and Tomb Raider. :) The certs take about 30 days to get, right? So I'll at least have the cert from Dead Space in time for BioShock Infinite's release date?[/QUOTE]

My BB still doesn't have the Tomb Raider cards out. :(

I wish they'd add some WiiU titles to the promo. (more specifically, Pikmin & Rayman)

[quote name='Corvin']My BB still doesn't have the Tomb Raider cards out. :(

I wish they'd add some WiiU titles to the promo. (more specifically, Pikmin & Rayman)[/QUOTE]

your Best Buy doesn't have a kiosk for pre ordering games?

Can I use my RZ certs that expire on like 3/2 and 3/14 right now to pre-order games that don't come out until a couple of days later and still have them count?

[quote name='Corvin']My BB still doesn't have the Tomb Raider cards out. :([/QUOTE]
I place all my orders online for instore pickup. Although for some weird reason they didn't have the 360 version of Dead Space 3 available for preorder on the website until just recently.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Can I use my RZ certs that expire on like 3/2 and 3/14 right now to pre-order games that don't come out until a couple of days later and still have them count?[/QUOTE]

I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.

Do they add additional games, or is this going to be it? I'm hoping to see a good pre-order deal for MLB The Show '13 somewhere.

I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all. Going to be picking up Revengeance and Bioshock (and maybe Last of Us) with the promo though. A couple others I want, but I can wait for a price drop on the rest. On a separate note, did Revengeance have preorder DLC at one point? I could have sworn I read something about it, but theres no mention on the BB site.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']I think I'm one of the few people who isn't going crazy for GTAV. Everytime I've picked up a GTA game, I play maybe 4 or 5 story missions, then spend 2 weeks driving around running over hookers until I get bored of the game. I don't think I've ever gotten off the first island in ANY GTA game, and I've played them all.[/QUOTE]
I am like this too. I've played all of the GTA games before, but never stuck with an open world game for more than a couple of hours until Saints Row 3. I'm waiting to see more of GTA5 before making a decision.

this is off topic, but i doubt south park game is coming out, especially with THQ being bankrupt, and being auction off ,lol

[quote name='YBX87']this is off topic, but i doubt south park game is coming out, especially with THQ being bankrupt, and being auction off ,lol[/QUOTE]

Think the game is basically finished, given the brand appeal there's little reason to think a bigger publisher doesn't pick it up and finish/release it under their name. At this point I'd be more surprised if it doesn't come out than if it does. Not sure the current date will hold up, but it will come out., lol

[quote name='advanced']I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.[/QUOTE]

Damn, really? Kills part of the deal for me. I pre-order all my stuff from BB's website and it was great just putting in the RZ cert codes and going from there. Not sure there's enough at BB regular (plus the 45 minute minimum ride to get there) to justify continued shopping. I'll give it a shot and if not may just blow all my certs at once. Oh well, good run I suppose.

[quote name='advanced']I'm think the new system doesn't allow for one to use RZ certs to preorder anymore.[/QUOTE]
Oh dang, really? That kind of changes my plans.

Just checked the BB website, it does say that reward certs are valid for "in stock" items only. Anyone actually tried this recently and can confirm?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Think the game is basically finished, given the brand appeal there's little reason to think a bigger publisher doesn't pick it up and finish/release it under their name. At this point I'd be more surprised if it doesn't come out than if it does. Not sure the current date will hold up, but it will come out., lol

Damn, really? Kills part of the deal for me. I pre-order all my stuff from BB's website and it was great just putting in the RZ cert codes and going from there. Not sure there's enough at BB regular (plus the 45 minute minimum ride to get there) to justify continued shopping. I'll give it a shot and if not may just blow all my certs at once. Oh well, good run I suppose.[/QUOTE]

The 3/5 date won't hold up. It's already been pushed back before all the THQ bankruptcy stuff started.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/05/THQ-delays-metro-last-light-company-of-heroes-2-south-park/

And I meant in-store, not on the web. You should still be able to use the RZ certs on the web, but I haven't tried it.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Oh dang, really? That kind of changes my plans.

Just checked the BB website, it does say that reward certs are valid for "in stock" items only. Anyone actually tried this recently and can confirm?[/QUOTE]

I meant in-store. I live in a city with 2 BB's within a short drive and I kinda forget that people aren't the same. The new in-store system doesn't allow it if I remember right. It should still work for online I imagine. You'd have to try.

i hope you are right about the south park game actually coming out, lol i always wanted to play a south park game,lol

I'm a sucker for useless nerd things, so it's a tad depressing that CE/LEs don't seem to be included aross the board for this.

[quote name='Enuf']
Also, for non-silver members u can reach silver status by spending $1500 in back to back yrs or use the pre-paid visa method which only cost $77.35 in fees(13 cards total).[/QUOTE]

whoo, that's good to know. i spent approx $2k this year and someone else mentioned the visa GC option that could have been used to fill the gap to $2.5k. Unfortunately, it was after they reset my points to 0 for this year.

I'll just keep an eye out and once Oct/Nov comes around, I'll have a better idea how much I'll need to "visa" to get past the $1500 threshold. If last year was any indication, $1500 shouldn't be much of a problem to do this year.

Edit oops: @Enuf, I was silver last year so does that mean that I have to spend $1500 in 2013 and 2014 to be silver in 2015? Or will I be able to get silver based on 2012's $2k purchases and 2013's $1.5k purchases?

[quote name='secondhand1']I'm a sucker for useless nerd things, so it's a tad depressing that CE/LEs don't seem to be included aross the board for this.[/QUOTE]

I thought the LE/SE versions of the ones offered (on the same platform) WERE included, even if they don't specifically mention it on the item page (i.e. Tomb Raider 360 LE)?

My GCU expires 3/4, but Tomb Raider (the last game I am bothering to preorder this year) comes out 3/5. The lack of good coupons is making it a really tough decision for me... :(

Assuming I keep GCU, I pretty much have to make an extra visit to go in to a store to renew? I have a $10 RZ cert right now, can I use that to pay for the sub?

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Damn, really? Kills part of the deal for me. I pre-order all my stuff from BB's website and it was great just putting in the RZ cert codes and going from there. Not sure there's enough at BB regular (plus the 45 minute minimum ride to get there) to justify continued shopping. I'll give it a shot and if not may just blow all my certs at once. Oh well, good run I suppose.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Oh dang, really? That kind of changes my plans.

Just checked the BB website, it does say that reward certs are valid for "in stock" items only. Anyone actually tried this recently and can confirm?[/QUOTE]
He was talking about in-store. I just used a rz cert to preorder DS3 online, no problems.

[quote name='secondhand1']I'm a sucker for useless nerd things, so it's a tad depressing that CE/LEs don't seem to be included aross the board for this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='knight19']I thought the LE/SE versions of the ones offered (on the same platform) WERE included, even if they don't specifically mention it on the item page (i.e. Tomb Raider 360 LE)?[/QUOTE]
Is there any official word on this like last time? The LEs on the website don't list the 20 promo in the sidebar. Did they list it for the last batch? I don't remember. I'd really like 20 back on my songbird.

[quote name='panda911']He was talking about in-store. I just used a rz cert to preorder DS3 online, no problems.

Is there any official word on this like last time? The LEs on the website don't list the 20 promo in the sidebar. Did they list it for the last batch? I don't remember. I'd really like 20 back on my songbird.[/QUOTE]

The only LE/CE I pre-ordered last time was COD:BO2 - and that one did have the $20, but none of the COD:BO2 listed the $20 promo. So I can't say.

[quote name='knight19']The only LE/CE I pre-ordered last time was COD:BO2 - and that one did have the $20, but none of the COD:BO2 listed the $20 promo. So I can't say.[/QUOTE]

I don't think any edition of Blops 2 listed the 20 promo though.

[quote name='knight19']I thought the LE/SE versions of the ones offered (on the same platform) WERE included, even if they don't specifically mention it on the item page (i.e. Tomb Raider 360 LE)?[/QUOTE]
During last year's $20 cert promo, all LE/CE were included with the offer.

I have made a request for an updated FAQ for this year's promo. I know the terms have changed slightly based on the conversation I had with a BBY Connector back in November(He didn't provide much since he wanted to focus on finishing the 2012 promotion at that time).

[quote name='htz']During last year's $20 cert promo, all LE/CE were included with the offer.

I have made a request for an updated FAQ for this year's promo. I know the terms have changed slightly based on the conversation I had with a BBY Connector back in November(He didn't provide much since he wanted to focus on finishing the 2012 promotion at that time).[/QUOTE]CE/LE's have been a part of all the promos going back to the 5 for $100 deal I don't see it going away. Even the systems bundled w/the games were included(but I think a pm to a BB forums rep was needed for some on that).

I'd actually like to see BB increase the $20 on CE/LE's it's not really fair to a person who's paying more with less of a chance at a pm.

[quote name='Enuf']I'd actually like to see BB increase the $20 on CE/LE's it's not really fair to a person who's paying more with less of a chance at a pm.[/QUOTE]

Not fair? :lol: I always thought we were lucky that BB even included them. When amazon would run their $20 promos they never included the CE and I thought that sucked.

As much as I'd like another $20, I pre-ordered the MGS:Rising Collector's Edition at GameStop...gotta have that Gray Fox skin...even if it becomes DLC later on, I want it NAOW.

Although...I could pre-order it at both, and then return the BB copy to GameStop after I make sure to redeem my skin...that's not so bad. Plus...it's GameStop...who can hate on shafting them, even if it's just for pre-order DLC?

[quote name='panda911']He was talking about in-store. I just used a rz cert to preorder DS3 online, no problems.

Is there any official word on this like last time? The LEs on the website don't list the 20 promo in the sidebar. Did they list it for the last batch? I don't remember. I'd really like 20 back on my songbird.[/QUOTE]

I suppose all of this could be solved with a trip to BB. But man, this laziness is overwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back