Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='djricekcn']only 15 days[/QUOTE]

And only if that price is what is at BB or BB.com, not another competitor. Competitor price match is day of purchase and that's it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']And only if that price is what is at BB or BB.com, not another competitor. Competitor price match is day of purchase and that's it.[/QUOTE]

Starting March 3rd as far as I am aware. (April for Silver if the information is correct).

[quote name='StryderOmega']Starting March 3rd as far as I am aware. (April for Silver if the information is correct).[/QUOTE]

The real question is when they will formally announce it

[quote name='sasuke543']So again...Crysis 3 and MGS: Revengeance would still be using the currently policy?[/QUOTE]

Do they get released after March 3rd?

yeah i won't be preordering anymore games from bestbuy if they arent gonna pm competitors within 30 days. how lame. oh well, way to get rid of a bunch of pre orders. I know a bunch of bestbuy apologists will say well they don't need your business anyway if you were just gonna pm and get the game cheap. but 60-20=40, i might as well wait til it's under $25 eventually anyway. and by then even wait longer til goty edition. most of us have backlogs that are huge but were considering getting some/all of these just cuz day 1 release for $20-$30 is awesome. but day 1 release for $40+tax... i think alot of us can just wait it out.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i won't be preordering anymore games from bestbuy if they arent gonna pm competitors within 30 days. how lame. oh well, way to get rid of a bunch of pre orders. I know a bunch of bestbuy apologists will say well they don't need your business anyway if you were just gonna pm and get the game cheap. but 60-20=40, i might as well wait til it's under $25 eventually anyway. and by then even wait longer til goty edition. most of us have backlogs that are huge but were considering getting some/all of these just cuz day 1 release for $20-$30 is awesome. but day 1 release for $40+tax... i think alot of us can just wait it out.[/QUOTE]

But, a PM within 15 days is very possible for most of these games. Dead Space already has a $45 PM opportunity 11 days from launch.

[quote name='Zolor23']But, a PM within 15 days is very possible for most of these games. Dead Space already has a $45 PM opportunity 11 days from launch.[/QUOTE]
The new PM policy does not include competitors.

[quote name='Zolor23']But, a PM within 15 days is very possible for most of these games. Dead Space already has a $45 PM opportunity 11 days from launch.[/QUOTE]

You must not have understood the new policy. Post purchase PM'ing won't be allowed on competitors prices, just their own.

Man this sucks. So I guess Bioshock Infinite is gonna be my only preorder from BB for a while. Since I'm silver am I right that I can still PM Amazon or other retailers til April 18th. After that is it correct that we only get 15 days to PM and it must be a BB Pricematch? I really enjoyed getting most of my games for $20 or less sucks its gonna end. At least we can still sell the preorder bonuses to make back some of the funds.

Can someone edit the OP with the upcoming PM details so its easier to find the info instead of reading though pages of forum posts.

[quote name='StryderOmega']It is already posted on their website. It is at the bottom of the Price Match policy page.

For the lazy:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

But as of right now the Premiere Silver information is just hearsay.[/QUOTE]

That is the old policy, it expires just before the new policy would take effect. There is no official info on the new policy.

Untrue. That is from K-Mart, as such you cannot price match it from a previous purchase.

[quote name='Zolor23']But, a PM within 15 days is very possible for most of these games. Dead Space already has a $45 PM opportunity 11 days from launch.[/QUOTE]Where is it for $45?

[quote name='TooPoor']The new PM policy does not include competitors.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aircobra']You must not have understood the new policy. Post purchase PM'ing won't be allowed on competitors prices, just their own.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. That really changes everything, then.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']That is the old policy, it expires just before the new policy would take effect. There is no official info on the new policy.

Untrue. That is from K-Mart, as such you cannot price match it from a previous purchase.[/QUOTE]

Ah see I got confused with this in the current statement:

"Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites. Not valid on purchases at Best Buy Mobile stores or on Best Buy For Business purchases."

[quote name='StryderOmega']

But as of right now the Premiere Silver information is just hearsay.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but when the change in the BB returns policy was hearsay, it ended up being spot on.

[quote name='sasuke543']Not sure if BB PM gohasting...but Dead Space 3 is on sale for 39.99!!![/QUOTE]

I just saw the other thread too--too bad goHastings isn't listed as one of BBY's online competitors

Hopefully other retailers will follow their lead...

[quote name='sasuke543']Not sure if BB PM gohasting...but Dead Space 3 is on sale for 39.99!!![/QUOTE]
Even if Best Buy did price matched gohastings, the $39.99 price doesn't show up unless you apply coupon code EVANGELIZER. You can PM Kmart though which has the game on sale.

[quote name='aircobra']You must not have understood the new policy. Post purchase PM'ing won't be allowed on competitors prices, just their own.[/QUOTE]

fark, i just signed up for gamers unlock and got no benefits yet :censored:

[quote name='coopscohen']For those that have a Fry's in your area MGR: Revengeance will be $49.99 on release day.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Nothing on Crysis 3 though?

[quote name='htz']Even if Best Buy did price matched gohastings, the $39.99 price doesn't show up unless you apply coupon code EVANGELIZER. You can PM Kmart though which has the game on sale.[/QUOTE]Really? I'm looking at the product page right now and it says the following for both versions above the "Add to Cart" button: $39.99 You save: $20.00

:???:

http://www.gohastings.com/product/GAME/Dead-Space-3-Limited-Edition/sku/289835179.uts

Either way, I'm giving it a shot.

[quote name='htz']Even if Best Buy did price matched gohastings, the $39.99 price doesn't show up unless you apply coupon code EVANGELIZER. You can PM Kmart though which has the game on sale.[/QUOTE]

But...you lose out on $5 :(

[quote name='htz']What is the coupon code for then?:whistle2:k[/QUOTE]Nothing, apparently--I just entered it after adding DS3 to my cart and it says the coupon code was applied, but nothing changed.

[quote name='Vigilante']Nothing, apparently--I just entered it after adding DS3 to my cart and it says the coupon code was applied, but nothing changed.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to do the PM with Kmart since I have the print ad for it making it easier for me. Don't think any employees at my local BB even heard of gohastings before.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']So has anyone points for the 1000 from Dead Space 3 post as pending yet?[/QUOTE]

The $64 I paid for the game has shown and is pending my but 1000 points remain to be unseen.

Has anyone tried to pm gohasting's DS3 price yet?

I preordered God of War Ascension two weeks ago and I was not a BestBuy unlocked gamer member. If I go in the store and purchase the subscription (unlocked) would I be eligible for the $20 in reward certificates?
Or should I cancel my preorder, purchase unlocked subscription, and then preorder again?

[quote name='ens04']I preordered God of War Ascension two weeks ago and I was not a BestBuy unlocked gamer member. If I go in the store and purchase the subscription (unlocked) would I be eligible for the $20 in reward certificates?
Or should I cancel my preorder, purchase unlocked subscription, and then preorder again?[/QUOTE]

the latter.

Thanks confoosious, I will go cancel my preorder, I buy unlocked subscription.

One more question does anybody know if I preorder two different God of War Ascension games would I receive $40 in reward certificates?

[quote name='ens04']Thanks confoosious, I will go cancel my preorder, I buy unlocked subscription.

One more question does anybody know if I preorder two different God of War Ascension games would I receive $40 in reward certificates?[/QUOTE]

1 cert per title per console.

[quote name='sasuke543']gohasting was a no go, but they said they don't PM Kmart either??? Is this new? I ordered this online for in store pickup.[/QUOTE]

You called? If that is the case i would call back and try again.

After close to 24 minutes on the phone (20 of which were me standing on hold), I get told BB doesnt price match gohastings, but the cs rep said she would send a $20 gc to my house or email within 10 to 14 business days. I was also given a case id. Anyone know what's that for?

[quote name='StryderOmega']1 cert per title per console.[/QUOTE]

I don't see any reference to "per console" in the offer details. It is limited to one Reward Cert per title.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']After close to 24 minutes on the phone (20 of which were me standing on hold), I get told BB doesnt price match gohastings, but the cs rep said she would send a $20 gc to my house or email within 10 to 14 business days. I was also given a case id. Anyone know what's that for?[/QUOTE]
You did a successful PM is what happened.

[quote name='skyzen']I don't see any reference to "per console" in the offer details. It is limited to one Reward Cert per title.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. The terms have changed since the last promo.

1 per title per member.

Also 7 days to pick up, changed from 5.

Just price matched kmart for ds3, 1st i tried gohastings but they said they dont price match them so i tried kmart & sure enough got back the credit

[quote name='Royal High Knight']After close to 24 minutes on the phone (20 of which were me standing on hold), I get told BB doesnt price match gohastings, but the cs rep said she would send a $20 gc to my house or email within 10 to 14 business days. I was also given a case id. Anyone know what's that for?[/QUOTE]

For when a month goes by and they still haven't sent you the gift card. Sometimes the back office rejects issuing the gift card, so you may need that case number when you call back.

funny story - i just got off the phone with the BB CS rep and it took less than 5 minutes from the time i picked up my phone to the time my credit adjustment email came in. When I said I was going to PM a game she cut me off and asked, "what store?" I said "Kmart" and she promptly said she'll give me the $15 plus tax adjustment for Dead Space 3 once I give her my order #. I didn't even tell her what game I was trying to PM. She just knew right away what I was going to do once I brought Kmart up. She didn't bother calling them since she said she spoke with "a bunch of people that called in this morning already." Her name was Britney.

LOL thanks to all the CAGs that saved me an extra 15 minutes from being on hold. Kmart is notorious for understaffing employees at the electronics section to do any price check.

Too bad these PM days are numbered :cry:

[quote name='Donut2922']funny story - i just got off the phone with the BB CS rep and it took less than 5 minutes from the time i picked up my phone to the time my credit adjustment email came in. When I said I was going to PM a game she cut me off and asked, "what store?" I said "Kmart" and she promptly said she'll give me the $15 plus tax adjustment for Dead Space 3 once I give her my order #. I didn't even tell her what game I was trying to PM. She just knew right away what I was going to do once I brought Kmart up. She didn't bother calling them since she said she spoke with "a bunch of people that called in this morning already." Her name was Britney.

LOL thanks to all the CAGs that saved me an extra 15 minutes from being on hold. Kmart is notorious for understaffing employees at the electronics section to do any price check.

Too bad these PM days are numbered :cry:[/QUOTE]

I spoke to her 2! You could have PM'd gohastings!!!! She was really nice about it but i called 3 hours ago or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lwhitit']I spoke too her 2! You could have PM'd gohastings!!!! She was really nice about it but i called 3 hours ago or so.[/QUOTE]

lol nice.

I don't have a GoHastings nearby me anyway. Kmart is though so I'm happy with the $45 PM already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back