Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']lol nice.

I don't have a GoHastings nearby me anyway. Kmart is though so I'm happy with the $45 PM already.[/QUOTE]Gohastings is the name of the Hastings website, and since you can order from Gohastings no matter where you live, I think you still could have PMed the $39.99 price.

If you're happy, though, that's cool. :)

I was able to PM the 40.45 but I'm not sure my rep calculated the tax correctly.

Still happy though...didn't even bother to check. Just refunded me 19 some dollars which I can't complain.

The whole BB PM business has me depressed for my future buying ventures though.

[quote name='Vigilante']Gohastings is the name of the Hastings website, and since you can order from Gohastings no matter where you live, I think you still could have PMed the $39.99 price.

If you're happy, though, that's cool. :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm very familiar with GoHastings. They're my favorite place for used game purchases actually.

You can't PM online sites technically speaking. It's only for gaming hardware. Not software. Plus iirc, it's supposed to be at the time of purchase. Not post purchase.

Wow just got denied the kmart price match because it was a limited edition and she called , Kmart and said Kmart didn't have the limited edition , I didn't even argue with her I will simply call again .

[quote name='Dev518']Is anyone else unable to log in to the Reward Zone Facebook app?[/QUOTE]

Me too.

I also haven't been able to log into bestbuy.com. I'm not sure if it's a related issue or not.

[quote name='Donut2922']lol nice.

I don't have a GoHastings nearby me anyway. Kmart is though so I'm happy with the $45 PM already.[/QUOTE]

Me either but the rep was nice enough to look the site up.

[quote name='Kevlar338']Wow just got denied the kmart price match because it was a limited edition and she called , Kmart and said Kmart didn't have the limited edition , I didn't even argue with her I will simply call again .[/QUOTE]

Call back and get another rep.

How long does it usually take to get the reward certificate? I have only started doing the pre orders with Dead Space.. I have heard it takes a while but can't find anything online to give me a window on when it should be in my account. I was wanting to use the certificate to order Bioshock.

[quote name='blume3']How long does it usually take to get the reward certificate? I have only started doing the pre orders with Dead Space.. I have heard it takes a while but can't find anything online to give me a window on when it should be in my account. I was wanting to use the certificate to order Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

you must not be able to read then, it is right on the first page of this thread by the op.

To be eligible, you must be a Reward Zone program Gamers Club Unlocked member and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game at time of pickup or shipment. Visit MyRewardZone.com/gamersclub for list of eligible game titles, street dates, minimum age and other requirements. Street dates are subject to change by publisher. Offer valid at BestBuy.com and in Best Buy stores in 50 U.S./D.C. (excluding Puerto Rico). Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date; or (2) If you pre-order online for Ship to Home, your purchase will be processed and shipped on or about street date. Please provide Reward Zone member number at time of pre-order and pickup. Eligible Gamers Club Unlocked members will receive 1,000 Reward Zone points (worth $20 Reward Certificate) per qualified purchase. Limit one award per member per title. Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment. Follow instructions on MyRewardZone.com to issue your Reward Certificate. Reward Zone membership and Reward Certificates are subject to Reward Zone program rules. Gamers Club Unlocked subscriptions ($14.99 per year) are available for purchase in Best Buy stores only. If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title. No dealers. No rainchecks.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='YBX87']you must not be able to read then, it is right on the first page of this thread by the op.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for being so humble about letting me know where to find it.

If you have already placed the order we can not match another store, you can match a Best Buy price after purchase but not another retailer post purchase.

umm yeah ya can
iv done that past few years
its a video game
im a silver member
they say 30 or maybe even 60 day price match of other retailers

the policy has changed, the only way to get an online or price match from another store is at the time of purchase.

omg, im in chat and this guy keeps saying you can't pricematch anyone but bestbuy. argh. lol. ill just call

Lol, it's also news to me. I had read a few pages back when ppl still thought it was just a rumor but haven't read the all the posts yet.

Well, sad news. Luckily the only two games I've PM'd these last few months was RE6 and AC3, so I don't think it will bother me too much.

After a few bad PMing experiences the last few months, this DS3 PM was painless. The BB rep didn't bother calling Kmart and actually PM the $40.49 price when you add Dead Space 3 on Kmart website. Good stuff.

[quote name='Vigilante']I was able to easily PM Gohastings' $39.99 price for DS3 thanks to the printout I had showing the price as clear as day.[/QUOTE]

Me either! Just said "bought this and gohastings.com now has it for 39.99" done and done. Took 2 minutes.

Can someone tell me what happens when you PM a game purchased with RZ credit? I PM'd the Kmart deal and got this email.

"A credit in the amount of $1.88 has been applied to the order you placed on 02/04/2013. You are receiving this credit because of a price difference. "

I used $50 in RZ credit and put the rest on my card.

My local BB wouldn't PM DS3 gohasting even when I show them the site on my phone... So I told them that Kmart had them on sale too which they looked it up and gave it to me for $40.49.

Question... I see that they return my the DS3 then re-rang it for the PM price. They didn't scan my RZ card. Would I still get my pre-order $20? I thought if they return it and re-rang it for lower the system would count that I return it and my $20 would go away. Can anyone let me know if I got screwed?

[quote name='Methoes']My local BB wouldn't PM DS3 gohasting even when I show them the site on my phone... So I told them that Kmart had them on sale too which they looked it up and gave it to me for $40.49.

Question... I see that they return my the DS3 then re-rang it for the PM price. They didn't scan my RZ card. Would I still get my pre-order $20? I thought if they return it and re-rang it for lower the system would count that I return it and my $20 would go away. Can anyone let me know if I got screwed?[/QUOTE]
yes, you might be in trouble if they did a return, and rebuy.

[quote name='rsxnova']Can someone tell me what happens when you PM a game purchased with RZ credit? I PM'd the Kmart deal and got this email.

"A credit in the amount of $1.88 has been applied to the order you placed on 02/04/2013. You are receiving this credit because of a price difference. "

I used $50 in RZ credit and put the rest on my card.[/QUOTE]

You're supposed to get the full difference from the actual price of the game when you bought it and the matched price. I'd call them back.

No problems Pming Kmart in store today. I could tell they are more than aware of the new policy change coming soon because he went and asked another person if I could PM a purchase made on Feb 8th. It should be interesting to see how it works once the new policy is in place and we have overlapping time frames especially with silver membership.

Edit: I still find it funny that BBY does not have Kmart in their Price match system. At least at mine. There are 2 Kmarts within 10 miles of my BBY.

[quote name='kylerg']If I bought online, and used $50 worth of RZ, how do I PM and get credit?[/QUOTE]

Well they should be able to refund you $15 worth of RZ certs. The points should just be refunded to your account. I have never done a price match with mostly certs though. I have only done returns with certs and they just refund the points back to your account.

Edit: Online orders will need you to call CS.

Called Best Buy for my PMs on Ni No Kuni and DS3 and it seemed to go smoothly. After giving her both order numbers, she put me on hold for a few minutes. She came back and said that DS3 was still 59.99 then I told her about Kmart's $40.49 price. She just took the price without looking into it at all. Seemed too easy so I hope it actually goes through. :D Going to PM Sly 4 at the store when I go pick up Metal Gear Rising on Tuesday.

So I just checked and my Dead Space 3 purchase has no pending points(i used certs/gc) or mention of the RZunlocked promo. Should I be worried? I never had any issues last year with some of the other promo games.

[quote name='thegame85']So I just checked and my Dead Space 3 purchase has no pending points(i used certs/gc) or mention of the RZunlocked promo. Should I be worried? I never had any issues last year with some of the other promo games.[/QUOTE]

I also only have 60 points posted since I only paid 30 in cash. Is it just taking awhile to post the 1000 since RZ is supposedly undergoing maintenance?

[quote name='Killbomb']Called Best Buy for my PMs on Ni No Kuni and DS3 and it seemed to go smoothly. After giving her both order numbers, she put me on hold for a few minutes. She came back and said that DS3 was still 59.99 then I told her about Kmart's $40.49 price. She just took the price without looking into it at all. Seemed too easy so I hope it actually goes through. :D Going to PM Sly 4 at the store when I go pick up Metal Gear Rising on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

If your not picking up the LE, PM frys 49.99 price for MGR at the same time. (They are considered to be an online competitor via their policy on the website.)

[quote name='thegame85']So I just checked and my Dead Space 3 purchase has no pending points(i used certs/gc) or mention of the RZunlocked promo. Should I be worried? I never had any issues last year with some of the other promo games.[/QUOTE]

Someone earlier said there are massive RZ glitches right now.

No one's promo as of yet has appeared. Though you won't get any other points since you have used gc/certs. So you will just eventually get only the $20.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but does the "Limit one award per member per title" mean I won't get $40 in certificates if I buy a game for 360 & PS3?

[quote name='StryderOmega']Nope.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks. Just curious, which Best Buy let you PM Frys? I've tried the Henrietta store a couple times, but they say it's not a local store and deny me the match.

Well I swear I saw it in their policy earlier today... Can't seem to find it now, but anyway, I had luck PMing gohastings at the Victor store. The best time to do it when they are more flexible (since they just want to go home) is near closing time. Went in at 5:30 today and had no problems what so ever.

Quick note:

Also having the attitude of "we'll I can just buy it from them and return the copy from you" will also help.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well I swear I saw it in their policy earlier today... Can't seem to find it now, but anyway, I had luck PMing gohastings at the Victor store. The best time to do it when they are more flexible (since they just want to go home) is near closing time. Went in at 5:30 today and had no problems what so ever.

Quick note:

Also having the attitude of "we'll I can just buy it from them and return the copy from you" will also help.[/QUOTE]

Haha that makes sense. I know I was the same after a long day when I worked retail. Sometimes I'd reuse coupons or even do price adjustments for expired coupons :lol:

it says "limit one award per member per title." does this mean you can only get a 20 dollar cert for 1 of these titles? or does that mean that if you pre order the same game twice you only get one cert?

Because the former sucks but the latter makes sense.

[quote name='RenoVatio']thank you guys. Why the hell throw the "member" in there that just makes things confusing.[/QUOTE]

Cause you essentially can have as many memberships as you want. Thus making the deal a little sweeter for those that need multiple copies.

Best Buy made it official with its price-matching and return policy changes

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global/Low-Price-Guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

Best Buy currently has a Low Price Guarantee policy in place. Look for the Low Price Guarantee badge next to qualifying products on BestBuy.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products available in both Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store.

Most products only available from Best Buy at BestBuy.com ("Online Only Products") qualify for the Low Price Guarantee. For these products Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and at local retail competitor's store. Online Only Products are products with the designation "Online only" or state "From our Expanded Online Assortment" on the product description page. Online Only music, movies, mobile phones, digital downloads, pre-order, and refurbished products and products from Marketplace vendors on BestBuy.com do not qualify for the Low Price Guarantee.

For the above promotions, the Designated Major Online Retailers are: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, CircuitCity.com, CompUSA.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com, and Walmart.com. Appliance and electronics hardware products include audio hardware, video hardware, cameras, camcorders, desktop computers, notebook computers, e-Readers, tablets, TVs, MP3 players, small appliances, major appliances, gaming handheld devices and consoles.

Best Buy will not price match during the return and exchange period. Best Buy will not price match the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace Vendors) on Designated Major Online Retailers websites.

Customers can receive a price match on the above promotions by providing information about a competitor's price either with a Best Buy employee in our Stores or by calling 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). On qualifying products, Best Buy will then verify pricing to complete the price match. Valid for purchases made between January 31, 2013 - March 2, 2013. Best Buy may amend these terms at any time. All other terms and conditions of the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back