Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jrr6415sun']so amazon has dead space 3 for $39.99 can we PM to bestbuy? or did they stop doing PMs already?[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered through BBY online, called them earlier this morning and was able to PM Amazon's price

Called on Sunday to PM Kmart's $44.99 but it was worth the extra 5 minutes on the phone with BBY today

Now I can get a used copy of RE:ORC ...just kidding\\:D/

Did anyone get their $20 points from Dead Space 3 yet, or at least show them pending?

My purchase shows, with regular pending points, but not the usual "victory can be per-ordered" 1000 point bonus. Just wondering if I should ask about it when I call for the price match today.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']There's nothing in the MGRR cases, just the manual and an advert for an upcoming Konami loyalty program (similar to SquareEnix's, I think)/15% off Metal Gear clothing from the Konami shop.

My shipped copy just had the pre-order code turn up in my email.[/QUOTE]

I wonder how that is gonna work (Konami loyalty program). I've gotten the highest tier rewards for the last 2 years in both Club Nintendo and Square Enix Members.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I wonder how that is gonna work (Konami loyalty program). I've gotten the highest tier rewards for the last 2 years in both Club Nintendo and Square Enix Members.[/QUOTE]

I have been highest tier rewards for the Miami Dolphins but still haven't received a good QB :lol:

[quote name='jrr6415sun']so amazon has dead space 3 for $39.99 can we PM to bestbuy? or did they stop doing PMs already?[/QUOTE]

Worked without any hassle about three hours ago.

[quote name='IamPro']I have been highest tier rewards for the Miami Dolphins but still haven't received a good QB :lol:[/QUOTE]
Tannehill is the answer, better than the 30 or so that came before him (post Marino era).

P.S. That post made me laugh for five minutes in my office, I'm sure it made me look crazy.

Crysis and MGS campaigns are both under 6 hours so neither is worth $60. I got Crysis 3 from Gamefly so hopefully there is no online pass and pass on MGS. I don't like Raiden and hack/slash games besides GOW.

Next up is Tomb Raider which I'm on the fence with. Just looks like female version of Uncharted and unknown with multiplayer.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Tannehill is the answer, better than the 30 or so that came before him (post Marino era).

P.S. That post made me laugh for five minutes in my office, I'm sure it made me look crazy.[/QUOTE]

Yea he played pretty solid and def has the potential (certainly more then Jay Fiedler and any QB since Marino :bouncy:)

He needs to throw to Fasano more (kind of gets obv hes going to Hartline 75% of the time lol) and get some decent WRs... need a deep threat guy imo

And for crying out loud, resign Reggie Bush.. do not let him go to Detroit, Lamar Miller will not be able to handle the full load this season sigh (Dolphins front office prob gonna fuck up and not make him an offer)

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Crysis and MGS campaigns are both under 6 hours so neither is worth $60. I got Crysis 3 from Gamefly so hopefully there is no online pass and pass on MGS. I don't like Raiden and hack/slash games besides GOW.

Next up is Tomb Raider which I'm on the fence with. Just looks like female version of Uncharted and unknown with multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

Looks like no online pass for Crysis 3. Only missing out on the MP booster and predator bow which will most likely be in the box like #2. You do miss out on the digital copy of Crysis 1 but I have that for the PS3 already so I am renting it also.

Edit: It is supposed to be at Redbox but none in my area so far.

I was emailed a code from Best Buy for Crysis 3. I haven't redeemed it yet, but does anyone know what it is for? Is it a download for Crysis 1 or does it have to do with items that come with the Hunter Edition? The only information in the email is "X360 - Crysis 3 - Preorder Bonus is available to download".

[quote name='Dund3r']I was emailed a code from Best Buy for Crysis 3. I haven't redeemed it yet, but does anyone know what it is for? Is it a download for Crysis 1 or does it have to do with items that come with the Hunter Edition? The only information in the email is "X360 - Crysis 3 - Preorder Bonus is available to download".[/QUOTE]

I don't know for certain but my guess would be it is for Crysis 1. There is most likely an insert inside the box for the Hunter Edition stuff like Crysis 2. You can enter the code on the xbox (not online) and it will tell you what it is before you redeem it if you want to check first.

[quote name='Dund3r']I was emailed a code from Best Buy for Crysis 3. I haven't redeemed it yet, but does anyone know what it is for? Is it a download for Crysis 1 or does it have to do with items that come with the Hunter Edition? The only information in the email is "X360 - Crysis 3 - Preorder Bonus is available to download".[/QUOTE]

It's 4.09 gigs of Crysis 1.

[quote name='kojubat']Worked without any hassle about three hours ago.[/QUOTE]

In store or over the phone?

And can you match in store orders over the phone? I got my $10 back for Sly over the phone today (online order) and the rep asked if it was an in-store order or online order. Not sure if you can do both or if she was just making sure it was an online order.

[quote name='GuyManDude']In store or over the phone?

And can you match in store orders over the phone? I got my $10 back for Sly over the phone today (online order) and the rep asked if it was an in-store order or online order. Not sure if you can do both or if she was just making sure it was an online order.[/QUOTE]If it was an in-store order, then the rep wouldn't have been able to do the price-match. So to answer your question, no, you can't match in-store orders over the phone.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Anyone successful at having BB match the $40GC offer for Crysis 3 + Metal Gear?[/QUOTE]

I don't know this offer... Where is this one from?

I'm going to PM the price off Fry's but they took that down. :(

[quote name='GuyManDude']In store or over the phone?[/QUOTE]

In store.

My understanding is that the two systems are separate, but knowledgeable employees can move a transaction from one to the other with a lot of paperwork and hassle, and then do any adjustments. That being said, the person who explained it to me seemed reluctant to reveal it could be done in the first place and I've never asked anyone to do it.

[quote name='Vigilante']If it was an in-store order, then the rep wouldn't have been able to do the price-match. So to answer your question, no, you can't match in-store orders over the phone.[/QUOTE]

I didn't think so but I figured I'd double check. Thanks.

[quote name='Methoes']I don't know this offer... Where is this one from?

I'm going to PM the price off Fry's but they took that down. :([/QUOTE]

Toys R' Us, and I don't think BB matches GC offers. I could be wrong.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Toys R' Us, and I don't think BB matches GC offers. I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]

You are correct. If they do match a GC offer, it's very YMMV. From their pricematch site:

Does Best Buy price match "free gift with purchase" offers?

No. Best Buy does not price match "free gift with purchase" orders.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

Also, I just noticed that both Crysis 3 and MGR:R come up as $53.99 in cart on the Toys R Us website. Potential small PM there.

[quote name='Donut2922']Juat look up your Far Cry 3 order under your BB..com account. You'll notice a credit in the amount of your PM under the subtotals. Do the same process for your new orders. Or just wait on your credit card activity online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. I can see the $20 PM on Far Cry as "Digital Dollars and Credits" but nothing on the other 2 orders. Figured it went too quickly when I called the first time. Have to call back later on today or tomorrow if they don't show up since the PM window for Ni No Kuni ends Thursday.

So I am a Gamers Club Unlocked member, have been for a few months, but I just checked my Reward Zone thing on my Bioshock Infinite Song Bird pre-order and it states that I'm a "Core" member.

Should I correct it now, and risk them trying a cancel and re-order, or just complain AFTER receiving it to get the $20 GC?

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']So I am a Gamers Club Unlocked member, have been for a few months, but I just checked my Reward Zone thing on my Bioshock Infinite Song Bird pre-order and it states that I'm a "Core" member.

Should I correct it now, and risk them trying a cancel and re-order, or just complain AFTER receiving it to get the $20 GC?[/QUOTE]

just a heads up, the bioshock inifinite song bird edition is already sold out on bestbuy, so if you do cancel and try reordering, you risk losing the chance to purchase it. As long as you have your invoice/receipt for the preorder, you can take up the issue with them, if you do not receive your $20 rewardzone certif after 30 days of pickup/ purchase. For the last time, the $20 is not a gift card, but a rewardzone certificate

[quote name='cancerman1120']Looks like Crysis 3 is going to end up about at 8/10 which means I can wait. Not a bad score but with a 5-6 hour campaign I can rent and wait for a price drop for the mp. Going to move that money over to Tomb Raider now...crosses fingers.[/QUOTE]

are u playing to play crysis 3 for the single player campaign only? if that is the case, you might as well wait, because it is basically call of duty with better graphics, LOL

[quote name='Methoes']I don't know this offer... Where is this one from?

I'm going to PM the price off Fry's but they took that down. :([/QUOTE]

The $50 price for MGR from Fry's is still active, it's on their weekly ad.

Successfully PM-ed Metal Gear using the Fry's ad, but I encountered something puzzling...

Basically, I tried using two $25 certs I received during the holidays and, somehow, certificates unfortunately don't 'work' on pre-orders (!?) So, what the manager did was she let me rang normally (paid using my CC, etc.) and the receipt printed w/ the DLC code and so on. AND then she did this 'loyalty' process on the register where I was refunded with $50 in cash (50 being the two $25 certs), and I received another receipt with that loyalty thingy on the top.

Guess what I'm trying to say or ask is -- will I still be getting the $20 rewards in 30 days time after this crazy process? The scenario felt like I paid the first transaction normally, and then I was (technically) refunded afterwards thanks to my 2 x $25 certs. Doesn't refunding void Gamer's Unlocked rewards or something? Any help would be nice.

[quote name='Killbomb']Thanks for the tip. I can see the $20 PM on Far Cry as "Digital Dollars and Credits" but nothing on the other 2 orders. Figured it went too quickly when I called the first time. Have to call back later on today or tomorrow if they don't show up since the PM window for Ni No Kuni ends Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Then i'd bet the CS rep did not fully execute the credit adjustment.

[quote name='newtype06']Successfully PM-ed Metal Gear using the Fry's ad, but I encountered something puzzling...

Basically, I tried using two $25 certs I received during the holidays and, somehow, certificates unfortunately don't 'work' on pre-orders (!?) So, what the manager did was she let me rang normally (paid using my CC, etc.) and the receipt printed w/ the DLC code and so on. AND then she did this 'loyalty' process on the register where I was refunded with $50 in cash (50 being the two $25 certs), and I received another receipt with that loyalty thingy on the top.

Guess what I'm trying to say or ask is -- will I still be getting the $20 rewards in 30 days time after this crazy process? The scenario felt like I paid the first transaction normally, and then I was (technically) refunded afterwards thanks to my 2 x $25 certs. Doesn't refunding void Gamer's Unlocked rewards or something? Any help would be nice.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen when I bought DS3. I am not sure how it is going to play out. But I have a transaction that has posted so that is a start and they were able to price match it later so I am hoping it will work out.l

[quote name='YBX87']are u playing to play crysis 3 for the single player campaign only? if that is the case, you might as well wait, because it is basically call of duty with better graphics, LOL[/QUOTE]

?? I haven't played Crysis 3, but Crysis 2 campaign couldn't be more different from Call of Duty. I

[quote name='newtype06']Successfully PM-ed Metal Gear using the Fry's ad, but I encountered something puzzling...

Guess what I'm trying to say or ask is -- will I still be getting the $20 rewards in 30 days time after this crazy process? The scenario felt like I paid the first transaction normally, and then I was (technically) refunded afterwards thanks to my 2 x $25 certs. Doesn't refunding void Gamer's Unlocked rewards or something? Any help would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Same thing just happened to me. Some weird quirk in the preorder system now?

Is the preorder DLC's for both MGR & Crysis 3 automatically added on the receipt or do they have to put in a SKU # like before?

[quote name='cancerman1120']I had the same thing happen when I bought DS3. I am not sure how it is going to play out. But I have a transaction that has posted so that is a start and they were able to price match it later so I am hoping it will work out.l[/QUOTE]

You're better off than I am, my transaction isn't even showing where I picked up DS3 (although 2 other transactions I did on that same visit, a trade-in and a preorder for Last Of Us are both showing). I figure there's no point in calling before the 23rd tho, because I know they'll just tell me about that maintenance thing.

I had it happen to me as well. They had to pay in full, then they did a loyalty adjustment to give me back the 30 I wanted to use in certs.

They told me if I had any issues with the 20 cert to call them and tell them everything that happened and it will be fixed though.

I normally don't pre-order prior till the week before it releases. Guess I missed BioShock Infinite. :( You think they'll still let me pre-order it off the paper-card from in-store?

Yes - I wanted the limited edition!!!

[quote name='IamPro']Yea he played pretty solid and def has the potential (certainly more then Jay Fiedler and any QB since Marino :bouncy:)

He needs to throw to Fasano more (kind of gets obv hes going to Hartline 75% of the time lol) and get some decent WRs... need a deep threat guy imo

And for crying out loud, resign Reggie Bush.. do not let him go to Detroit, Lamar Miller will not be able to handle the full load this season sigh (Dolphins front office prob gonna fuck up and not make him an offer)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for Brandon Marshall :mrgreen:

[quote name='Methoes']I normally don't pre-order prior till the week before it releases. Guess I missed BioShock Infinite. :( You think they'll still let me pre-order it off the paper-card from in-store?

Yes - I wanted the limited edition!!![/QUOTE]

bestbuy rep on their official forum confirmed they oversold on bioshock songbird/collector edition preorders, and they had to cancel some orders previously a few weeks ago. so you are too late. your best bet is to go to gamestop, to see if they are still accepting preorders for the limited editions in store.

Is the Last of Us Survival Edition available in the in-store kiosk yet? I checked today and didnt see it and I really hope they didn't run out of my store's allotment already.

My Best Buy today changed where to pick up preorders from the gamers section to the instore pickup section.
It took almost 30 mins to get my game but they were nice and it was the first time they had to do it. I got my preorder code at least, lets hope the $20 rz through. This only bothers me because the guys in my game section are awesome and always know whats going on.

[quote name='jr1016']Is the preorder DLC's for both MGR & Crysis 3 automatically added on the receipt or do they have to put in a SKU # like before?[/QUOTE]
Both of mine have SKU for the dlc, but I'm not sure if the clerk added them or if they are automatically added by the computer.

[quote name='evophile']Is the Last of Us Survival Edition available in the in-store kiosk yet? I checked today and didnt see it and I really hope they didn't run out of my store's allotment already.

My Best Buy today changed where to pick up preorders from the gamers section to the instore pickup section.
It took almost 30 mins to get my game but they were nice and it was the first time they had to do it. I got my preorder code at least, lets hope the $20 rz through. This only bothers me because the guys in my game section are awesome and always know whats going on.[/QUOTE]

certain collectors edition are only available for online shipping .

[quote name='YBX87']bestbuy rep on their official forum confirmed they oversold on bioshock songbird/collector edition preorders, and they had to cancel some orders previously a few weeks ago. so you are too late. your best bet is to go to gamestop, to see if they are still accepting preorders for the limited editions in store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - I don't like shopping at GS. I rather throw my $$$ at BB. Guess, I'll wait till they re-stock those from people that forget to pick them up.

[quote name='Methoes']Thanks - I don't like shopping at GS. I rather throw my $$$ at BB. Guess, I'll wait till they re-stock those from people that forget to pick them up.[/QUOTE]

yep, but the problem is the song bird limited edition were only available for preorder on bestbuy.com, so unless it shows back up on bestbuy.com, you are sol. other than amazon.com

[quote name='YBX87']yep, but the problem is the song bird limited edition were only available for preorder on bestbuy.com, so unless it shows back up on bestbuy.com, you are sol. other than amazon.com[/QUOTE]

I would be very hesitant about buying any CEs from BestBuy.com for store pickup at this point. I preordered Aliens CE four months ahead of time via BestBuy.com for store pickup and according to my local store, corporate never even shipped them my copy. I ended up getting a refund which I suppose was very lucky given the reviews, but I would be very cautious about relying on Best Buy for any kind of CEs going forward.

[quote name='lilman']Both of mine have SKU for the dlc, but I'm not sure if the clerk added them or if they are automatically added by the computer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I just want to get a heads up because the clerks lately at my store had been clueless when it comes to videogame related.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would be very hesitant about buying any CEs from BestBuy.com for store pickup at this point. I preordered Aliens CE four months ahead of time via BestBuy.com for store pickup and according to my local store, corporate never even shipped them my copy. I ended up getting a refund which I suppose was very lucky given the reviews, but I would be very cautious about relying on Best Buy for any kind of CEs going forward.[/QUOTE]

the reason why is because they do not want to oversell on the video game collector editions, then having to clearance it out for $30 or less, like the uncharted 3 ce for example. you should of complained. some people who got their bioshock preorder cancelled due to their system glitch/ mistake ended with free copies of the game, in some cases free limited/collectors editions they preorder earlier that was cancelled.

The pre-order bonus skus should pop up automatically after they scan the pre-order deposit receipt plus the corresponding game's UPC. I watched my gaming rep closely and I saw the pre-order bonus added after he scanned the game's UPC.

Crysis 3 doesn't have an online pass just like Crysis 2 for those wondering. Also the code BB emails you or the one on the receipt should be for Crysis 1. The hunter edition stuff is a separate code inside the box.

[quote name='YBX87']the reason why is because they do not want to oversell on the video game collector editions, then having to clearance it out for $30 or less, like the uncharted 3 ce for example. you should of complained. some people who got their bioshock preorder cancelled due to their system glitch/ mistake ended with free copies of the game, in some cases free limited/collectors editions they preorder earlier that was cancelled.[/QUOTE]

That has nothing to do with it. I placed an order on BestBuy.com and was charged the authorization months ago. Corporate simply didn't ship them the stock and I know several employees at the store and they contacted other local stores for me which said the same thing. All I'm warning people about is that if they are relying on Best Buy for harder to find CE versions, there is no guarantee anymore because as you said, there is no supplemental inventory being shipped to stores. The reason I didn't complain is that the game turned out to be terrible, so I can wait on the inevitable price drop from other retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back