Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pounce!']Use certificate to get physical BBY GC and preorder. That shows them![/QUOTE]

Wait, can you actually do this? I'd much rather have an actual GC than a RZ certificate.

[quote name='Methoes']I just looked at my purchased history and notice that my purchase of Dead Space 3 is not pending anymore to get the RZ points. So shouldn't I get my pre-order $20 (1,000 points) added to my account? Or does the points come later?

Could someone check their history and let me know if your pending points got lifted.[/QUOTE]

Usually it would show the 1,000 bonus points in that same transaction. I also did not receive the 1,000 bonus points. I called in and told them about it and they said they would post the points and it would take about 3-5 days. This is probably tied to the maintenance they were doing, where no purchases at all posted for me for amount a month and a half.

Edit: The 1,000 points just now posted.

[quote name='Methoes']I just looked at my purchased history and notice that my purchase of Dead Space 3 is not pending anymore to get the RZ points. So shouldn't I get my pre-order $20 (1,000 points) added to my account? Or does the points come later?

Could someone check their history and let me know if your pending points got lifted.[/QUOTE]

Same situation for me currently. The points from the sale have posted (133 total), but not the 1000 points from the promo. I'll give them through the 23rd unless other people state that they did receive their bonus points. Then it's time for another chat with CS.

[quote name='TooPoor']I thought eBay suspends your account when you sell codes? I was always timid of doing so.[/QUOTE]

I have sold a bunch of DLC codes in the past. Gears of War 3, Arkham City, Mortal Kombat, Halo 4... Since I don't usually care about skins, it helps offset the initial cost of the game by quite a bit. I'll be doing the same for Tomb Raider and Gears of War Judgment.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Usually it would show the 1,000 bonus points in that same transaction. I also did not receive the 1,000 bonus points. I called in and told them about it and they said they would post the points and it would take about 3-5 days. This is probably tied to the maintenance they were doing, where no purchases at all posted for me for amount a month and a half.

Edit: The 1,000 points just now posted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dund3r']Same situation for me currently. The points from the sale have posted (133 total), but not the 1000 points from the promo. I'll give them through the 23rd unless other people state that they did receive their bonus points. Then it's time for another chat with CS.[/QUOTE]

I have also not received my 1,000 points for Dead Space 3. I asked about it when I called them yesterday, and the lady was clueless. She said that pre-order promotion ended 12/31/2012... I said no, there's a new one for a bunch of 2013 games... She said they are doing maintainance so some points may be inaccurate until 2/23 and to wait until then. She also said the points should take 30-35 days, and would post with the sale when the sale points posted. But I looked today, and I have my points from the actual sale, but no 1,000 bonus points.

Last year, I usually got my points within 2 weeks or so. But before they posted, they at least said pending and listed the promotion. This time there is no trace of it anywhere.

This is frustrating.

Hello. I just recently gotten into the Rewards Zone Gamers Unlocked Club. I pre ordered Crysis 3, the same day I signed up for the program. I pre ordered in full too. Now I noticed My Warheads on the myrz site say GC for Gamers Club next to it, but my Pre order doesn't, even though I just picked up Crysis 3 yesterday. Should I be worried? How long does it usually take to show up on myrz? Should there be a confirmation of 1,000 points coming on my reciept I should look for?

Oh, & btw, they screwed me out of a $20 pre order. We told the customer service rep. that we wanted to pre order & pay in full Crysis 3 which she did, then she asked if there's anyother games we'd like to pre order, than we said there is Gears Judgement, but for now we'll do Metal Gear Rising, we'll pre order Gears in a few weeks. So what did she do? She pre ordered us Gears when we specifically said Metal Gear, so now I'm contemplating where & when to get Metal Gear, cuz our rule of thumb is no games over $40 (unless we pay $60 & get $20 in coupons or mspoints) because we acquire quite a few quite often, so now I may be screwed until a price drop, anyone know if I can call & complain about that? Or anyway I can get it for $40 anytime soon, say a $20 e-card, certificate, or mspoints?

Just a note, I can't believe Aliens: Colonial Marines has reviewed so terribly, I see it's flying off shelves fast around here, can never find a copy, lol. I was following that game since they announced in back during original Xbox, really sucks man, I had high hopes for this game,as I did Duke Nukem Forever.
Seems Gearbox is a one hit wonder w/the Borderlands franchise, I atleast rank that series one of my all time fav.'s.
Srry for the long book, lol, figured I'd get all my stuff out in one post since this is my 1st time on this site posting. Hope you all don't mind. ^_^

[quote name='PhyziX']Just a note, I can't believe Aliens: Colonial Marines has reviewed so terribly, I see it's flying off shelves fast around here, can never find a copy, lol. I was following that game since they announced in back during original Xbox, really sucks man, I was depending on this game. [/QUOTE]

You're assuming that they had a bunch of copies to sell in the first place. My Best Buy only got a few of it.

[quote name='aircobra']You're assuming that they had a bunch of copies to sell in the first place. My Best Buy only got a few of it.[/QUOTE]

i agree, and PhyziX if you want alien: colonial marines so badly, why didn't you order online with free shipping from bestbuy, Lol

[quote name='DDustiNN']I have also not received my 1,000 points for Dead Space 3. I asked about it when I called them yesterday, and the lady was clueless. She said that pre-order promotion ended 12/31/2012... I said no, there's a new one for a bunch of 2013 games... She said they are doing maintainance so some points may be inaccurate until 2/23 and to wait until then. She also said the points should take 30-35 days, and would post with the sale when the sale points posted. But I looked today, and I have my points from the actual sale, but no 1,000 bonus points.

Last year, I usually got my points within 2 weeks or so. But before they posted, they at least said pending and listed the promotion. This time there is no trace of it anywhere.

This is frustrating.[/QUOTE]

+1 to not getting my bonus points from Dead Space despite the transaction posting. Will keep an eye on this thread and give it a few more days before calling CS (that it always an ordeal in my experience).

[quote name='TooPoor']I thought eBay suspends your account when you sell codes? I was always timid of doing so.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']i searched the code and saw maybe 30+ of them listed. lots of accounts with over 100 feedback score, same with mine. usually they remove my code auctions after a few days. If you put one up for a 3 day auction or a buy it now usually they wont catch it in time. I have had maybe 5 or 6 code auctions taken down and never been reprimanded.

I think ebay gets confused as to what digital content and ownership means. People used to sell in game items and characters earned through playing games, such as gold in MMOs. These codes are different in my opinion as its not a type of currency in a game, its earned only through a form of purchase, sometimes impossible to obtain without using a certain retailer. I sold my MU online char maybe 10 years ago for around $100. A few months later they started outlawing that kinda stuff.

Do it at your own risk, but being a customer of ebay for a long time I have never run into any real problems.[/QUOTE]

I have had a few auctions taken down but after a quick reword they are back up without any problems from eBay. Technically you are supposed to make mention that you are physically shipping a voucher for the DLC. Even if you just print out the code and mail it that counts. I offer the buyer the option for me to e-mail or snail mail. My only request is for them to leave feedback asap if i email "so i know the dlc was redeemed". If they want it snail mailed bite the bullet and get tracking for it. Yes it cost more ($1.69 for first class with tracking) but it is worth it to avoid any problems.

I would recommend doing a 1 day auction. It is faster, and it is less time for eBay to cancel you item if they find it. If you are worried about you item selling for less vs a longer auction, dont be. Most of the bidding wont happen till the last hour or so anyways.

Selling off the DLC is a great way to take care of the initial cost to purchase the game. People will buy anything...

[quote name='aircobra']You're assuming that they had a bunch of copies to sell in the first place. My Best Buy only got a few of it.[/QUOTE]

Our bestbuy, walmart, & both Gamestops had rows of them, w/stock in the back they kept rolling out. It's a shock too me why ppl would drop retail price on a game that is said by most to be a lackluster experience.

Okay...for some reasone I got refunded 59.99 on my discover card from Best Buy after PM several games the past week. Could it have been a mistake to refund me that much??? :eek:

[quote name='YBX87']i agree, and PhyziX if you want alien: colonial marines so badly, why didn't you order online with free shipping from bestbuy, Lol[/QUOTE]

Like stated before, around here it's stocked to the max alongside Metal Gear Rising & Crysis 3. & I never stated I wanted it atm, I pre ordered it in full, then took my pre order off, becuase even the early "live" gameplay demo on IGN, looked amazing, until they sided it with the real game after launch, & the lighting & shading that made the game what it was, was greyed & no dark areas. Also, the Aliens rush at you, Aliens don't do that, lol. It looked & reviewed bad enough for me to take mypaid in full pre order off, just like I did Duke Nukem Forever, & will buy Aliens just like I did DNF, for $10 at Walmart in a few months, lol.

I just got BB customer service to match Frys price on Metal Gear Rising for me. I had to call twice. The first rep asked me if I had a Frys within 25 miles (which I do not) and she wouldn't do it. I called back again and the rep PM'ed it with no issue.

[quote name='DomLando']I just got BB customer service to match Frys price on Metal Gear Rising for me. I had to call twice. The first rep asked me if I had a Frys within 25 miles (which I do not) and she wouldn't do it. I called back again and the rep PM'ed it with no issue.[/QUOTE]

I dislike calling... so Idid the Chat but she still told me to call the 1-888 service line. Guess - I'll need to call.

To-do: PM for Metal Gear Rising & 1,000 point for Dead Space 3

[quote name='PhyziX']Like stated before, around here it's stocked to the max alongside Metal Gear Rising & Crysis 3. & I never stated I wanted it atm, I pre ordered it in full, then took my pre order off, becuase even the early "live" gameplay demo on IGN, looked amazing, until they sided it with the real game after launch, & the lighting & shading that made the game what it was, was greyed & no dark areas. Also, the Aliens rush at you, Aliens don't do that, lol. It looked & reviewed bad enough for me to take mypaid in full pre order off, just like I did Duke Nukem Forever, & will buy Aliens just like I did DNF, for $10 at Walmart in a few months, lol.[/QUOTE]

Well it does appear to be stocking well now but last week was no where to be found here on Eastern Long Island and preorders were not met in the 2 Best Buys I shop at by me(I preordered from Newegg and got it on release day so that did not effect me) as per the gaming reps there.

I just checked my RZ account and my bonus points from Dead Space preorder just posted today. $20 certificate waiting for me. I also had a lot of other pending points from January post.

called to price match to Fry's on Metal Gear Rising, no problem, but then tried to pm Dead Space 3 to Kmart or Amazon, same guy said they don't price match Kmart or Amazon.

[quote name='PhyziX']

Oh, & btw, they screwed me out of a $20 pre order. We told the customer service rep. that we wanted to pre order & pay in full Crysis 3 which she did, then she asked if there's anyother games we'd like to pre order, than we said there is Gears Judgement, but for now we'll do Metal Gear Rising, we'll pre order Gears in a few weeks. So what did she do? She pre ordered us Gears when we specifically said Metal Gear, so now I'm contemplating where & when to get Metal Gear, cuz our rule of thumb is no games over $40 (unless we pay $60 & get $20 in coupons or mspoints) because we acquire quite a few quite often, so now I may be screwed until a price drop, anyone know if I can call & complain about that? Or anyway I can get it for $40 anytime soon, say a $20 e-card, certificate, or mspoints?

[/QUOTE]

If you buy crysis and metal gear from toysrus they will give you a $40 gift card. If you already opened crysis you can buy a new one from toysrus and return it to bestbuy.

but if you feel like waiting i'm sure there will be a $40 deal in the next few weeks, sort of how dead space 3 is $39.99 today a few weeks after release.

My bonus points did not show up for Dead Space 3. It is not pending anymore either. I called up and the rep said she added the 1000 to my account. She said it takes 3-5 days so I hope it shows up. This is the first time I had an issue with this promotion and I bought a bunch of games last year. I pre order all my games online for instore pick up because I never had an issue doing it that way before. Best Buy really needs to straighten out there system.

[quote name='perfectsil']called to price match to Fry's on Metal Gear Rising, no problem, but then tried to pm Dead Space 3 to Kmart or Amazon, same guy said they don't price match Kmart or Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon PM'd Gamestop. Use them.

What happened to the Dead Space watch thread? Did i miss something?

[quote name='DomLando']My bonus points did not show up for Dead Space 3. It is not pending anymore either. I called up and the rep said she added the 1000 to my account. She said it takes 3-5 days so I hope it shows up. This is the first time I had an issue with this promotion and I bought a bunch of games last year. I pre order all my games online for instore pick up because I never had an issue doing it that way before. Best Buy really needs to straighten out there system.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's in here, but I'm missing it. Could you post the number you called? I'm having the same issue.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']I'm sure it's in here, but I'm missing it. Could you post the number you called? I'm having the same issue.[/QUOTE]

I'm a Silver member so I called (1-866-797-7367). If not I'm not sure if there is another number for regular reward members. You can always just call 1-888-BESTBUY

[quote name='Donut2922']Amazon PM'd Gamestop. Use them.

What happened to the Dead Space watch thread? Did i miss something?[/QUOTE]

TY just got $6 back since the PS3 version is less on Amazon

Join GCU yesterday and preorder bioshock infinite. Got the welcome package. Buy 2 get 1 free on USED games. Thought it was on new game. Also got a separate email saying we don't need to print out RZ Certs, we could use a ID and RZ member number.

So after over a half hour on the phone with Best Buy customer service, I finally got Ni No Kuni PM'd. She wouldn't match Kmart's price on Dead Space 3 since she insisted on calling a local store and, of course, nobody answered the phone. Try one last time tomorrow for DS3. $15 really isn't worth all the hassle but I still feel compelled to attempt to get it.

[quote name='Killbomb']So after over a half hour on the phone with Best Buy customer service, I finally got Ni No Kuni PM'd. She wouldn't match Kmart's price on Dead Space 3 since she insisted on calling a local store and, of course, nobody answered the phone. Try one last time tomorrow for DS3. $15 really isn't worth all the hassle but I still feel compelled to attempt to get it.[/QUOTE]
Do it. $15 can buy you a new game. And use a bluetooth to do your own tasks while on hold.

[quote name='j.t']Join GCU yesterday and preorder bioshock infinite. Got the welcome package. Buy 2 get 1 free on USED games. Thought it was on new game. Also got a separate email saying we don't need to print out RZ Certs, we could use a ID and RZ member number.[/QUOTE]

Uh oh they caught on to the Black Friday B2G1 steals!

Anyway, how did you get the welcome package a day after signing up? It took a good like 2 months or so for mine.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Uh oh they caught on to the Black Friday B2G1 steals!

Anyway, how did you get the welcome package a day after signing up? It took a good like 2 months or so for mine.[/QUOTE]
They are emailed now (been like this since December). The bar codes are unique and one time use.
[quote name='j.t']Join GCU yesterday and preorder bioshock infinite. Got the welcome package. Buy 2 get 1 free on USED games. Thought it was on new game. Also got a separate email saying we don't need to print out RZ Certs, we could use a ID and RZ member number.[/QUOTE]
The B2G1 for new games coupon was still available when I got my coupons emailed a few weeks ago.

Edit:
I also want to add, that the official FAQ is up on the Best Buy forums.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ered-2013-FAQ/m-p/659585/highlight/true#M8819

Successfully got my copy of Dead Space 3 matched from GameStop. This was the first time the guy actually called the store to check for in stock.

Question for the price match of dead space, since i bought my copy in the store do i just go to the store and get them to do it at the customer service counter or do i just call?

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Question for the price match of dead space, since i bought my copy in the store do i just go to the store and get them to do it at the customer service counter or do i just call?[/QUOTE]

If you bought the game in-store, you have to go to the store and do a price match at customer service. You have to call if you bought online (regardless of whether you had the game shipped or did in-store pick up).

[quote name='htz']They are emailed now (been like this since December). The bar codes are unique and one time use.

The B2G1 for new games coupon was still available when I got my coupons emailed a few weeks ago.

Edit:
I also want to add, that the official FAQ is up on the Best Buy forums.
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...ered-2013-FAQ/m-p/659585/highlight/true#M8819[/QUOTE]

Well that's good as long as they do go back to B2G1 new cause my BB has nothing for used games. (Actually both BB near me.)

[quote name='DWulf']If you bought the game in-store, you have to go to the store and do a price match at customer service. You have to call if you bought online (regardless of whether you had the game shipped or did in-store pick up).[/QUOTE]

Going to attempt this tonight. It doesn't need to be the same store though, correct? Just any BB? Really going to miss these post-price matches

Needed 2 calls to my MG:R, first rep said it wasnt on the list of places they match (its local for me) and seemed a little combative so I call back and was done in 10 mins with a nice rep named Jill. She mentioned today was the last day Frys has this price (she called to confirm) so if anyone is waiting to do a Frys pm do it now.

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Going to attempt this tonight. It doesn't need to be the same store though, correct? Just any BB? Really going to miss these post-price matches[/QUOTE]

Any store, and we are all going it miss this PMing. :cry:

[quote name='DirkDiggler']Going to attempt this tonight. It doesn't need to be the same store though, correct? Just any BB? Really going to miss these post-price matches[/QUOTE]

Any BB will work.

Edit: ninja'd! :)

So did everyone who's transaction cleared get their bonus points for Dead Space 3? Mine has cleared, but still no points. Not sure if its time to worry about that yet...

[quote name='mpaullin']So did everyone who's transaction cleared get their bonus points for Dead Space 3? Mine has cleared, but still no points. Not sure if its time to worry about that yet...[/QUOTE]

Mine cleared but no bonus points. Gonna give it until after the 23rd then I'll call, I want to use it on GOW ascension CE. Funny thing is that I used GC for the total purchased of Dead Space and when I did the PM it gave me pending points for the PM price.

Also I canceled my preorder of MGR last night and the system would not allow the clerk to cancel. In the end he was able to just return it but it only give him the option to give me $5 back in GC eventhough I paid cash when I preordered it. Is that something new with this new preorder system they have?

[quote name='mpaullin']So did everyone who's transaction cleared get their bonus points for Dead Space 3? Mine has cleared, but still no points. Not sure if its time to worry about that yet...[/QUOTE]

My pending cleared but I haven't got my 1000 RZ points yet. People on the thread said either call CS and tell them so or wait till 2/23 until BB finish updating their system.

Anyone notice that we'll need to drop more $$$ on 3/5 for Tomb Raider & South Park? Also, MLB2K13 or the MLB The Show plus Sim City. I'm breaking my bank.

[quote name='jr1016']Mine cleared but no bonus points. Gonna give it until after the 23rd then I'll call, I want to use it on GOW ascension CE. Funny thing is that I used GC for the total purchased of Dead Space and when I did the PM it gave me pending points for the PM price.

Also I canceled my preorder of MGR last night and the system would not allow the clerk to cancel. In the end he was able to just return it but it only give him the option to give me $5 back in GC eventhough I paid cash when I preordered it. Is that something new with this new preorder system they have?[/QUOTE]

Did u call the manager over? I'd be pissed I didn't get my cash back.

No bonus points for my DS3 purchase either even though it already cleared. I'm probably going to have to call in to get it. This would be the first time I would have to do that and I've pre-ordered a lot of these promo games from them in the past.

[quote name='jr1016']Also I canceled my preorder of MGR last night and the system would not allow the clerk to cancel. In the end he was able to just return it but it only give him the option to give me $5 back in GC eventhough I paid cash when I preordered it. Is that something new with this new preorder system they have?[/QUOTE]

I was able to cancel my Crysis 3 pre-order today without any hassle. It was paid in full with a GC not sure if that matters.

[quote name='Methoes']My pending cleared but I haven't got my 1000 RZ points yet. People on the thread said either call CS and tell them so or wait till 2/23 until BB finish updating their system.

Anyone notice that we'll need to drop more $$$ on 3/5 for Tomb Raider & South Park? Also, MLB2K13 or the MLB The Show plus Sim City. I'm breaking my bank.[/QUOTE]

You should call CS: all my points came through

[quote name='jr1016']Also I canceled my preorder of MGR last night and the system would not allow the clerk to cancel. In the end he was able to just return it but it only give him the option to give me $5 back in GC eventhough I paid cash when I preordered it. Is that something new with this new preorder system they have?[/QUOTE]

I cancelled my preorder for South Park a few days ago and got cash back, but it was a hassle. I think most employees don't know how to do it now that they have the new preorder system. After 5-10 minutes of trying a manager came over and knew what to do.

Another problem with the new preorder system is that it apparently doesn't recognize (at least some of) the preorder cards that are sitting around the store. I picked up one for Bioshock and it wouldn't ring up. Ended up having to print one out of the kiosk. I cancelled the South Park preorder and picked up the Bioshock one in the same trip, so it was all a pretty annoying experience.

Still no bonus points for my Dead Space 3 purchase either. I'll call after the 23rd. Transactions pending for MGR:R and Crysis 3, no sign of bonus points for those two purchases.

I didn't make abig deal about it since it was only $5 that I'll end up using on something anyways but it could just be the clerk not knowing what to do. He kept trying for about 10min and the manager never came. My BBY is really going down hill with all this changes.

Will the new PM policy include PMing at the time of pre-ordering? What if Fry's or Newegg has a price of $49.99...can we PM that when we purchase? I wonder if it'll go through if you call them.

So they announced Bioshock Infinite will have a $20 Season Pass. I am really disappointed to be honest. I thought this might be a real complete game release at launch. My biggest gripe is the withholding of additional powers and weapons. I am just tired of it and this was the only game I cared about this spring. Yeah I know..."they gotta make money" or "I don't have to buy it" but I was already spending $80 and can a gamer just dream of buying a complete game without thinking they are already missing something on day1?

Edit: Well after reading Levine's twitter feed I feel slightly better about the dlc. Not that I will buy it but that the game is 100% told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back