Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Anybody even have their MGR points from picking up the preorder posted yet?[/QUOTE]

Purchasing points? Yes

Promo points: read the thread

[quote name='StryderOmega']Purchasing points? Yes

Promo points: read the thread[/QUOTE]
I know it takes 30 days for the promo points. I still haven't gotten my purchase points yet.

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']I know it takes 30 days for the promo points. I still haven't gotten my purchase points yet.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's like the purchase doesn't even exist. I feel like they're really fucking it up this year. Hopefully it's just because of the site maintenance.

[quote name='panda911']Not to ruin your bubble of ignorance, but you're completely wrong. In the grand scheme of things, it's easier/cheaper to buy yourself a year of gold for $35 than it is to convince people to play this game on a platform where they already have 2 great versions of this style of multiplayer. Oh and you get a 14 day gold trial inside your game box, but I'm sure you already knew that.[/QUOTE]

Let me burst YOUR bubble of ignorance. PS Plus is giving an extra 3 months on top of the yearly membership which crap on the "14 day" live allowance.

Also the fact that PS + is not required in the slightest to enjoy the full capabilities of your game.

Getting PS+ is just icing on your cake, because whenever your done with Tomb Raider, you can play Infamous 2, Darksiders, Borderlands, ect, etc,

Xbox isn't doing that, they just bombard you with more advertisements.

I wasn't too interested in Tomb Raider, but all of these glowing reviews coming out today are changing my mind. Might have to preorder this one after all.

[quote name='Vap']Same here. It's like the purchase doesn't even exist. I feel like they're really fucking it up this year. Hopefully it's just because of the site maintenance.[/QUOTE]

Third that. My MGR and Crysis havent shown up at all

[quote name='evophile']Third that. My MGR and Crysis havent shown up at all[/QUOTE]

Mine have posted. I bought both MGRR and Crysis 3 and the purchase points have been posted as pending since at least late last week.

[quote name='Dund3r']I wasn't too interested in Tomb Raider, but all of these glowing reviews coming out today are changing my mind. Might have to preorder this one after all.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='Dund3r']Mine have posted. I bought both MGRR and Crysis 3 and the purchase points have been posted as pending since at least late last week.[/QUOTE]

That's strange. I wonder what's up with the 3 of us. I also find it weird how I picked MGRR up release day and nothing shows up, but a trade in I did Friday showed up less then 4 hours later...

I love how they still refuse to give these pre order deals out for the PC version of games.
Oh dude also, now, apparently they don't match online too. I was talking to them the other day to price match gamestop and they said they cannot because it must have low match guaranteed on the item. All Video Games don't have it and movies so I'm done with them. It's weird because in-store they do. I just price matched dead space 3 last week with gohastings and the lady said oh well they could reprimanded for that. Then I also, figured out you don't get $20 reward zone points for Collector's Editions. WTF. Okay, so I pay more for a game but I can't get the points thing. I said screw it and gave amazon my money. They give you $5 bonus and some nice preorder bonuses for Tomb Raider and God of War Ascension Collector's Editions. And I know I won't have to wait 30 - 60 days for the bonus either.

[quote name='doc_j88']Let me burst YOUR bubble of ignorance. PS Plus is giving an extra 3 months on top of the yearly membership which crap on the "14 day" live allowance.

Also the fact that PS + is not required in the slightest to enjoy the full capabilities of your game.

Getting PS+ is just icing on your cake, because whenever your done with Tomb Raider, you can play Infamous 2, Darksiders, Borderlands, ect, etc,

Xbox isn't doing that, they just bombard you with more advertisements.[/QUOTE]

lolwut. Please point out where I said anything about PS+.

[quote name='R3DNate']Oh dude also, now, apparently they don't match online too. I was talking to them the other day to price match gamestop and they said they cannot because it must have low match guaranteed on the item. All Video Games don't have it and movies so I'm done with them. It's weird because in-store they do. I just price matched dead space 3 last week with gohastings and the lady said oh well they could reprimanded for that. Then I also, figured out you don't get $20 reward zone points for Collector's Editions. WTF. Okay, so I pay more for a game but I can't get the points thing. I said screw it and gave amazon my money. They give you $5 bonus and some nice preorder bonuses for Tomb Raider and God of War Ascension Collector's Editions. And I know I won't have to wait 30 - 60 days for the bonus either.[/QUOTE]

Did a rep tell you that? It's bs. It's been constantly pointed out that we -should- get points for CE's? I have Ascension pre-ordered, and bought MGR:LE points of purchase are pending (what I paid with in cash) nothing about the $20 yet, but it hasn't even been over a week since the game came out so I'm not worried about it.. yet anyways.

[quote name='R3DNate']Oh dude also, now, apparently they don't match online too. I was talking to them the other day to price match gamestop and they said they cannot because it must have low match guaranteed on the item. All Video Games don't have it and movies so I'm done with them. It's weird because in-store they do. I just price matched dead space 3 last week with gohastings and the lady said oh well they could reprimanded for that. Then I also, figured out you don't get $20 reward zone points for Collector's Editions. WTF. Okay, so I pay more for a game but I can't get the points thing. I said screw it and gave amazon my money. They give you $5 bonus and some nice preorder bonuses for Tomb Raider and God of War Ascension Collector's Editions. And I know I won't have to wait 30 - 60 days for the bonus either.[/QUOTE]

Lots of stuff to comment on there, but I will choose the one that makes the least sense overall.

They state flat out on the terms for the 2013 promotion that you get the $20 for Collectors Editions, no idea who told you otherwise, but they're wrong.

Did a rep tell you that? It's bs. It's been constantly pointed out that we -should- get points for CE's? I have Ascension pre-ordered, and bought MGR:LE points of purchase are pending (what I paid with in cash) nothing about the $20 yet, but it hasn't even been over a week since the game came out so I'm not worried about it.. yet anyways.
The lady took an hour to get a hold of her supervisor and they told me the same thing.

no points pending for dead space 3 nor crysis 3 =[
i feel like switching over to walmart. their price-matching is easy as fuck. mostly because the employees don't give a shit......works for me! if only they took in trade-ins....

[quote name='R3DNate']The lady took an hour to get a hold of her supervisor and they told me the same thing.[/QUOTE]FYI, supervisors aren't always the authority on this kind of thing. You can look in the brochure that advertises this promotion and it says flat-out (like Saix_XIII said) that CEs are included.

I love my Best Buy, but today had a terrible experience. Touch screen printer was broken, and the Bioshock Infinite pre-order cards were gone. Waited 15 minutes for an employee. Flagged one down, but he couldn't fix it. Went to pick up, which I discovered can do pre-orders with no papers. The system no longer allows the $5 down to be RZ certificates? Can someone please confirm?

[quote name='bojay1997']It's relevant in the sense that for whatever reason, multiplayer tends to be much more active for longer after launch of a new title on the 360 than it is on the PS3. If you're only going to play the game for a few weeks after launch, it probably doesn't matter. If, however, you see yourself as playing it for many months afterward, the 360 is probably the better choice and you probably should pay for Gold. [/QUOTE]

This game's MP isn't going to have a long life on either platform...

PS3; Cannot/Couldn't even keep Uncharted 3 populated without lag right after release... (Same with UC2) And TR isn't going to out sale either of those... Nor is it a game that people flock to for MP. (Just like the UCs games. Lots of SP and done players.)

360; What little lifespan the game has is going to be hampered, if not outright damaged beyond belief, by the release of Gear of War: Judgment two weeks later. (Note: if it was a numbered exclusive it would outright kill it.)

Honestly, I recommend seeing what your online friends will be getting it on... If there's not enough on 360 to warrant getting it on that platform I would suggest the PS3. (This isn't a title your worth paying for the MP.)

You might have not noticed but Gears pre-orders are abysmal by Gears standards. It might sell worse than Dead Space 3. Currently sitting at a projected 120,000 pre-orders, about 20,000 more than 360 Tomb Raider. Plus Tomb Raider most likely has little overlap to Gears.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Plus Tomb Raider most likely has little overlap to Gears.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, you would think that but considering this game is more Uncharted than Tomb Raider and Uncharted, believe it or not, mechanically has more in common with Gears than the original Tomb Raider games I wouldn't be so sure to write off that overlap...

Didn't know about the preorders for Judgment being so low... Though I sort of doubt it since the numbers being so low (or even just rumored to be that low) would certainly be news worthy.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Honestly, you would think that but considering this game is more Uncharted than Tomb Raider and Uncharted, believe it or not, mechanically has more in common with Gears than the original Tomb Raider games I wouldn't be so sure to write off that overlap...

Didn't know about the preorders for Judgment being so low... Though I sort of doubt it since the numbers being so low (or even just rumored to be that low) would certainly be news worthy.[/QUOTE]
Pre-orders for God of War Ascension is also doing poorly. I forgot where I saw this but a chart was comparing the pre-orders of both judgement/ascension to their predecessors and both are only getting half of the demand.

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Honestly, you would think that but considering this game is more Uncharted than Tomb Raider and Uncharted, believe it or not, mechanically has more in common with Gears than the original Tomb Raider games I wouldn't be so sure to write off that overlap...

Didn't know about the preorders for Judgment being so low... Though I sort of doubt it since the numbers being so low (or even just rumored to be that low) would certainly be news worthy.[/QUOTE]

Well this website has them at 119,000 at the end of Feb 19th. Even if you find their methods suspect they had GOW3 at over 1 million 6 weeks out. By the end GOW3 had 1.5 million pre-orders and 3 million first week sales. At best this game will sell 400,000 copies the first week. Table is a little out date for Judgement.

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

GoWJudgementvsGoW3-8.png

Edit: I think people are hanging onto their money right now waiting to see the next gen to be honest. Plus these are sort of retreaded games offering confusing story lines.

Edit 2: I should give credit to I OU a Beatn for posting this chart in the GoW: Judgement forum

[quote name='Interstella 5555']I guess people are finally getting tired of these sequels.[/QUOTE]

Doubtful... I think cancerman has it right. (People are waiting/saving for next gen systems.)

Also, while there is two 'big' sequels coming out I don't think they really draw people in for various reasons... Sequels aren't the reason.

Gears without Epic making it...

GoW with MP...

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Doubtful... I think cancerman has it right. (People are waiting/saving for next gen systems.)

Also, while there is two 'big' sequels coming out I don't think they really draw people in for various reasons... Sequels aren't the reason.

Gears without Epic making it...

GoW with MP...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am sure with so many big names leaving Epic and People Can Fly making Judgement it lost a lot of steam. This is a pretty packed month also. Tomb Raider, Gears, God of War, and Bioshock are all big IPs for any month much less March. I think at one point Metro Last Light and South Park were slated for March also. As a CAG I hope it just means some quicker price drops.

[quote name='Dund3r']Mine have posted. I bought both MGRR and Crysis 3 and the purchase points have been posted as pending since at least late last week.[/QUOTE]

Just noticed that I am missing Crysis 3 from my points. I see the pre order, but not the actual pick-up. Gonna give it a couple days before I try to submit for lost points since I bought it Friday.

So...is there a definitive answer on whether or not the Tomb Raider CE will come with the $20 RZ credit? I know that people have pointed to a FAQ that states all versions will receive the credit, but BB.com only shows the $20 for the regular edition.

Regular
CE

Why does BB have to make things so confusing?

[quote name='cancerman1120']You might have not noticed but Gears pre-orders are abysmal by Gears standards. It might sell worse than Dead Space 3. Currently sitting at a projected 120,000 pre-orders, about 20,000 more than 360 Tomb Raider. Plus Tomb Raider most likely has little overlap to Gears.[/QUOTE]

not to mention the gears of war judgement sales is going to be hurt by the early release of the game on torrent sites earlier this month

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I am sure with so many big names leaving Epic and People Can Fly making Judgement it lost a lot of steam. This is a pretty packed month also. Tomb Raider, Gears, God of War, and Bioshock are all big IPs for any month much less March. I think at one point Metro Last Light and South Park were slated for March also. As a CAG I hope it just means some quicker price drops.[/QUOTE]

i think metro last night, and south park is either going to be delay, or scrapped all together due to THQ situation

[quote name='Donut2922']Is the Tomb Raider Aviatrix DLC packed inside the game case or is it being emailed to preordering customers?[/QUOTE]
Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus You'll receive two exclusive items when you pre-order the game for Xbox 360 or PS3:
• Aviatrix In-Game Skin: Dress Lara as a classic 1930s adventurer, bomber jacket and all.
Tomb Raider: The Beginnings Comic Book: Written by Rhianna Pratchett with cover art by Tomb Raider Art Director Brian Horton. The Beginnings is a 48-page, six-part comic book that explains how the Endurance's ill-fated voyage came to be.
This special edition comic book brings together the cast and crew, including a budding young adventurer named Lara Croft, as they search for the Yamatai off Japan's East Coast.
Access code for skin included on packaging. Comic book packaged with game. While supplies last.
Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##2##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

[quote name='cancerman1120']Plus Tomb Raider most likely has little overlap to Gears.[/QUOTE]
They're both third-person shooters... kind of. :) Anyway I'm definitely getting both.

Speaking of third-person shooters in March, what is the deal with Fuse? It was supposedly going to release in March, but with a specific date still not announced, there's no way it hasn't been delayed I would think.

Damnit, my inner toy collector has me wanting to grab that Tomb Raider CE. I have a ton of Play Arts Kai figs as is.

Might slap down a preorder at BB just in case. Hope it gets the points later.

[quote name='panda911']Not to ruin your bubble of ignorance, but you're completely wrong. In the grand scheme of things, it's easier/cheaper to buy yourself a year of gold for $35 than it is to convince people to play this game on a platform where they already have 2 great versions of this style of multiplayer. Oh and you get a 14 day gold trial inside your game box, but I'm sure you already knew that.[/QUOTE]

Late responding to this, but how "in the grand scheme of things" is paying $35 (really $50.. but if you rush out and buy it this week its "only" 35) easier or cheaper than paying nothing? Why would you have to convince someone else to play with you??

i preordered the bioshock game the other day and got an email this morning saying i have a code for the game that i can redeem, anyone know what its for?

[quote name='htz']Source: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...##2##2&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n[/QUOTE]

Thanks i saw that too before i preordered but i was trying to confirm. The website has been reliable about this sort of thing in the past but i do remember they goofed on Dishonored one time stating the DLC was packed inside when it was actually emailed.

Edit - just realized it's not out till next week.

[quote name='gamererik']i preordered the bioshock game the other day and got an email this morning saying i have a code for the game that i can redeem, anyone know what its for?[/QUOTE]
Access to some browser-based puzzle game spinoff thing.

My Metal Gear Rising transaction hasn't posted yet. Anyway, are there any differences between the 360 and PS3 versions of Tomb Raider? Deciding which version to pre order.

Awesome. An offical response on the forums about not getting 1,000 bonus points when using gift card and/or reward zone certificates.

Hello everyone!

I want to express a sincere thank you all for investing the time to post your concerns to the forum. It definitely appears there may have been a miscommunication somewhere. We should be making every effort to ensure that every customer is provided accurate information, so I would like to see if I can help provide some clarification.

Per the Reward Zone Program Rules, a purchase made using gift cards or Reward Zone certificates would not count as a qualifying purchase toward earning points. So, if a customer were to purchase Dead Space 3 using only certificates and/or gift cards, then they may not earn any standard points; however, the 1000 Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered bonus points should still post if that customer is an active Unlocked member and they pick-up their Dead Space 3 pre-order, or a future eligible gaming title, within 7 days of the release date. The form of payment should not be an issue.

Reward Zone points can remain in pending status for up to 35 days before posting, and it is fairly common for bonus points not to appear as pending or even post until after that time frame. We would need to allow the full 35 days for the bonus points to post. You should see the bonus points post after 35 days if the promotional terms were followed; however, please feel free to send me a private message if the bonus points do not post following the full pending period. A private message can be sent by clicking on the envelope within my signature.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

So after 35 days if its still not there and a rep tries to deny you, just have them look at that message.

[quote name='Deader2818']Awesome. An offical response on the forums about not getting 1,000 bonus points when using gift card and/or reward zone certificates.

Hello everyone!

I want to express a sincere thank you all for investing the time to post your concerns to the forum. It definitely appears there may have been a miscommunication somewhere. We should be making every effort to ensure that every customer is provided accurate information, so I would like to see if I can help provide some clarification.

Per the Reward Zone Program Rules, a purchase made using gift cards or Reward Zone certificates would not count as a qualifying purchase toward earning points. So, if a customer were to purchase Dead Space 3 using only certificates and/or gift cards, then they may not earn any standard points; however, the 1000 Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered bonus points should still post if that customer is an active Unlocked member and they pick-up their Dead Space 3 pre-order, or a future eligible gaming title, within 7 days of the release date. The form of payment should not be an issue.

Reward Zone points can remain in pending status for up to 35 days before posting, and it is fairly common for bonus points not to appear as pending or even post until after that time frame. We would need to allow the full 35 days for the bonus points to post. You should see the bonus points post after 35 days if the promotional terms were followed; however, please feel free to send me a private message if the bonus points do not post following the full pending period. A private message can be sent by clicking on the envelope within my signature.

So after 35 days if its still not there and a rep tries to deny you, just have them look at that message.[/QUOTE]

great information, but unfortunately the posters who were complaining earlier on during previous pages will just ignore it, and continue their complaining.

The short month in February messes me up. If I picked up Dead Space on the 4th when it came out, when is it 35 days? I guess I won't get the 20 before Tomb Raider.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']^ Awesome, it also looks like points are clearing in 14 days for silver members again. I had a purchase I made on the 10th clear on Monday.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I had a purchase from the 11th cleared either yesterday or today.

[quote name='YBX87']great information, but unfortunately the posters who were complaining earlier on during previous pages will just ignore it, and continue their complaining.[/QUOTE]

In terms of myself I know I will not. My issue was never waiting, it was being told that I did not qualify because I used GC/RZ certificates. Waiting 35 is not a big deal at all to me.

Glad to hear this issue is getting cleared up. I thought it was for me already. I logged in this morning and it told me I had 1000 points pending that were unaccounted for in my points and purchases. Just looked again and they are gone (and weren't deposited, either). Just gonna chalk this up to their goofy maintenance and hope the points show up at the 35 day mark.

I have updated the OP with the BB connector's info(via hyperlink) regarding paying with RZ certs/Gift Cards with this promo. Just direct anyone that ask about it to the OP.

[quote name='Deader2818']Awesome. An offical response on the forums about not getting 1,000 bonus points when using gift card and/or reward zone certificates.

Hello everyone!

So after 35 days if its still not there and a rep tries to deny you, just have them look at that message.[/QUOTE]

Well look at that. To quote my post from earlier for all you douches that cant get it through your fucking skulls, if it hasn't been 30-35 days since you picked up your game, STFU and go back to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back