Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.
Premiere Silver members still have a little over a month before the PM nerf hits us. Getting a rep over the phone to understand this may be ymmv. :roll:

[quote name='htz']Premiere Silver members still have a little over a month before the PM nerf hits us. Getting a rep over the phone to understand this may be ymmv. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Can you provide a link to that source? I'd like to have it handy when I call in to PM. Thanks.

[quote name='htz']Premiere Silver members still have a little over a month before the PM nerf hits us. Getting a rep over the phone to understand this may be ymmv. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I'm confused... so the PM policy is going from 60 to 15 days? If so that is completely awful and ruins the point of Silver...

[quote name='htz']Best Buy Low Price Guarantee FAQs

I also added a section with info relating to the new PM policy in the OP.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link htz.

[quote name='WV Matsui']I'm confused... so the PM policy is going from 60 to 15 days? If so that is completely awful and ruins the point of Silver...[/QUOTE]

Read the OP. PM other competitors at the time of sale only; 15 days to PM applies only to Best Buy prices. Silver is still useful because you still have 60 days to return and you are still earning 25% more points. But yes, all we Silver members will miss 60 days to PM.

Hey Dund3r,
Don't get too excited like I did, I just realize the extended price matching period for silver members only works on Best Buy's prices. If you want to price match a competitor you still have to do it when you purchase the product. So essentially Best Buy already nerfed competitor price matching for everyone starting today. :whistle2:(

Is the post purchase price match initially extended for Reward Zone Premier Silver customers?

Yes. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013.
Notice the part in red I highlighted...

[quote name='htz']Hey Dund3r,
Don't get too excited like I did, I just realize the extended price matching period for silver members only works on Best Buy's prices. If you want to price match a competitor you still have to do it when you purchase the product. So essentially Best Buy already nerfed competitor price matching for everyone starting today. :whistle2:(

Notice the part in red I highlighted...[/QUOTE]*sigh* So I'll have to hope I can PM Kmart's $15 gaming coupon for Tomb Raider, or failing that, hope that BBY has it on sale within two months...which might happen, given how quickly Deus Ex: Human Revolution dropped in price.

That does make everything clearer, though; thanks for pointing that out.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Ya pick it up where they have the "in store pickup"sign, usually up front, or at the customer service[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks!!

[quote name='htz']Hey Dund3r,

Notice the part in red I highlighted...[/QUOTE]

ugh...you are right - on first glance I definitely read it as allowing PMing to all competitors until April 18! Well, I think I'll still buy games from this promo on Day 1 until pre-April 18, but I am a little more hesitant now. Thanks for the heads up.

Definitely a good news/bad news situation...

Got a Best Buy question:

I want to buy a Zodiac blu-ray, but it's backlogged online, and my local store doesn't have one. However, some of the other stores around do (they're 100-150 miles away though). Does Best Buy do store-to-store orders? Or will I have to put in an online order and wait for more stock?

Thanks in advance.

Note: Amazon is almost the same price ($11.24 vs $10 @ BB) but I don't have anything else to get right now for free shipping.

Edit: Nevermind, the BB price went up to $13. Guess I need to find something else to buy @ Amazon.

New question:

Dead Island Riptide steelbook. It's giving me the option to pre-order the game for store pickup and ship the steelbook in the mail (no pickup option for the steelbook). Should I be wary of that? In other words, should I set both to ship via mail just in case, or is there no problem shipping one item and holding the other in store? I haven't done an order like this before.

[quote name='GuyManDude']New question:

Dead Island Riptide steelbook. It's giving me the option to pre-order the game for store pickup and ship the steelbook in the mail (no pickup option for the steelbook). Should I be wary of that? In other words, should I set both to ship via mail just in case, or is there no problem shipping one item and holding the other in store? I haven't done an order like this before.[/QUOTE]

I did it that way for Assassin's Creed 3 and they shipped me the steelbook no problem and then I just picked up the game in store. My points all posted properly.

[quote name='bojay1997']I did it that way for Assassin's Creed 3 and they shipped me the steelbook no problem and then I just picked up the game in store. My points all posted properly.[/QUOTE]

Excellent. Thank you sir/madam.

I apologize if this has been answered in previous posts but this is a big thread.

In people's experience how long does it take for the extra reward zone points to post? My purchase of MGR was just posted but not the extra ones. Is this common? This is the first game I've purchased with the promo.

Thanks.

[quote name='Yeahman']I apologize if this has been answered in previous posts but this is a big thread.

In people's experience how long does it take for the extra reward zone points to post? My purchase of MGR was just posted but not the extra ones. Is this common? This is the first game I've purchased with the promo.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Should be in the OP but about 30 to 35 days for regular folks. Silver members get it early, sometimes around 14 days.

Thanks lwhitit for the response. The 30 day turnaround is why I much prefer gift card deals since you can use those at least in a few hours (TRU).

So now with the PM policy for Silver Members now established I guess the only real reason to be a Silver member is for the expedited shipping and 1.25x points. Oh well.

[quote name='Jdub_smooth']To those who preordered Tomb Raider....did you get the comic on the spot or told you'd get it when you got the game?[/QUOTE]

It's packaged with the game.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So now with the PM policy for Silver Members now established I guess the only real reason to be a Silver member is for the expedited shipping and 1.25x points. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You still have 60 days for returns as well.

[quote name='jamesdevil']Anyone else still waiting for their Dead Space points?[/QUOTE]

Listed but pending for me. I'll call on Friday if they don't go through by then.

[quote name='GuyManDude']Listed but pending for me. I'll call on Friday if they don't go through by then.[/QUOTE]
Ah. Mine haven't even listed yet. Last year the promo was really smooth for me.

[quote name='Dund3r']You still have 60 days for returns as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty surprised they aren't giving Silver members 30 days to PM though.

[quote name='Dund3r']You still have 60 days for returns as well.[/QUOTE]
Which means for normal non-packaged purchases they can still price match... it is just called return and rebuy. Too bad it kills the $20 RZ :(

[quote name='lordopus99']Which means for normal non-packaged purchases they can still price match... it is just called return and rebuy. Too bad it kills the $20 RZ :([/QUOTE]
you are right, but you risk getting flagged for return and rebuy too much, so do it at your own risks. i believe it is standard of 90s days of not being able to return your purchases, once you are flagged for excessive returns.

I'm sorry, I have looked at both the first page of this thread and the Gamer Unlock page through my reward zone log in, but I cannot find a definite answer to this: I used to be a gamer club member, was I automatically enrolled in the Unlock gamer club, or do I need to reenroll? Additionally, do I need to be a paid unlock member to get these prebuy perks?

[quote name='mistermoravec']I'm sorry, I have looked at both the first page of this thread and the Gamer Unlock page through my reward zone log in, but I cannot find a definite answer to this: I used to be a gamer club member, was I automatically enrolled in the Unlock gamer club, or do I need to reenroll? Additionally, do I need to be a paid unlock member to get these prebuy perks?[/QUOTE]

Gamers Club and Gamers Club Unlocked are different (gamers club is free). You have to enroll in the Gamer Club Unlocked. This is done in-store only for $14.99/year. Being in the GCU is the only way to access the prebuy perks, i.e. $20 RZ certificates for pre-ordering.

See the link below for more info:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamers/benefits

Nice.

Just preordered Tomb Raider for PS3 with in store pick up.

I'm actually quite excited for this game. Especially since I'm rolling RZ certs into the purchase.

[quote name='YBX87']you are right, but you risk getting flagged for return and rebuy too much, so do it at your own risks. i believe it is standard of 90s days of not being able to return your purchases, once you are flagged for excessive returns.[/QUOTE]

I have spent over $5000 at best buy every year and have been a Premier Silver member since the beginning. I also return a lot of stuff. At least 2 or 3 times a month. sometimes in excess of 5 to 6 times a month and I have never been flagged for excess returning. I change my mind a lot & also I usually find a lower price within 60 days. It's not like I am defrauding Best buy. I just buy a lot, so I return a lot. I am a CAGer and a Slickdealer. Every $$ counts in this day and age.

Also I used to get my $20 reward certs for game pre-orders after 14-21 days. Lately I haven't been getting any after 30-40 days. It's usually a 5 min phone call and they credit my RewardZone account $20. When that happens, with premier silver you could then easily then return the game (with the 60 day return policy) and keep the $20 reward cert. I don't usually do it, but best buy has a lot of holes in their system. I commend them for continuously trying but I will miss them when they are gone and Amazon fully takes over the DVD / Video Game market.

FYI, I price matched Frys.com's $50 Tomb Raider pe-order deal no problem (via phone). I had to place my pre-order at the time of the call, but they gave it to me for $50. I see that many of the BB games with the $20 pre-order bonus are also $50 on Fry's' website. For those of us bummed about our 30/60 day price-matching window disappearing, this may be a good alternative.

[quote name='mathyou']FYI, I price matched Frys.com's $50 Tomb Raider pe-order deal no problem (via phone). I had to place my pre-order at the time of the call, but they gave it to me for $50. I see that many of the BB games with the $20 pre-order bonus are also $50 on Fry's' website. For those of us bummed about our 30/60 day price-matching window disappearing, this may be a good alternative.[/QUOTE]

This is probably why I'm going to end up pre-ordering most of the games in-store. It's easier/faster to price match in-store for me. In and out in 10 minutes. It takes like average 30 minutes to call in...depending on when I call.

[quote name='mathyou']FYI, I price matched Frys.com's $50 Tomb Raider pe-order deal no problem (via phone). I had to place my pre-order at the time of the call, but they gave it to me for $50. I see that many of the BB games with the $20 pre-order bonus are also $50 on Fry's' website. For those of us bummed about our 30/60 day price-matching window disappearing, this may be a good alternative.[/QUOTE]

link to the frys.com deal please?

[quote name='htz']Best Buy Low Price Guarantee FAQs

I also added a section with info relating to the new PM policy in the OP.[/QUOTE]

The way I interpret this for Silver members effective today is:

Competitor PM's - Only at time of purchase

BB PM's - 60 days from purchase/pick up up until April 18th. 15 day PM's on purchases beginning April 19th

That sound about right? Best Buy is pretty good about price drops within 60 days with an exception here or there. At least we get another month and a half until our PM's are totally nerfed. Damn...

[quote name='klimb22']Premier Silver has to be on/in the receipt/transaction for the system to automatically recognize the 60 days. Especially important for price matching since their is no override option in the system for PMs past 30/60 days.[/QUOTE]

It's been a couple of months since I returned something that was between 30 and 60 days but when my return required a manager override, I think it actually was a .com order instead.

So the system may have a limitation in that it can't distinguish Silver member purchases on .com orders when you return them in-store just FYI to clarify.

[quote name='iduncurr']This is probably why I'm going to end up pre-ordering most of the games in-store. It's easier/faster to price match in-store for me. In and out in 10 minutes. It takes like average 30 minutes to call in...depending on when I call.[/QUOTE]

Any ideas if you can price match the pre-order right now or would you have to wait until release? GTA 5 and Bioshock are both $50 at Frys.com but the FAQ says immediately available products. Gotta stop in for Wreck it Ralph on tuesday and I'd prefer in-store vs. phone.

[quote name='Foladar']Any ideas if you can price match the pre-order right now or would you have to wait until release? GTA 5 and Bioshock are both $50 at Frys.com but the FAQ says immediately available products. Gotta stop in for Wreck it Ralph on tuesday and I'd prefer in-store vs. phone.[/QUOTE]

Wait for the release unfortunately.

[quote name='Foladar']Any ideas if you can price match the pre-order right now or would you have to wait until release? GTA 5 and Bioshock are both $50 at Frys.com but the FAQ says immediately available products. Gotta stop in for Wreck it Ralph on tuesday and I'd prefer in-store vs. phone.[/QUOTE]
Officially the policy says you can't since like you said it is only available on immediately available products. But as we all know BB reps don't follow the rules, sometimes it plays out in your favor and sometimes it doesn't.

Thinking about pre-ordering the God of War collectors edition. It's the first collectors edition that I actually may want. Just can't decide if will be actually worth it instead of waiting even with the 20 RZ Cert.

I should have kept a closer eye on this, but has everyone's Metal Gear transaction showed up? I'm not talking about the bonus points, just the transaction itself. I see that things I have bought since then are pending, but not that. I am thinking whoever checked me out might have screwed up and not entered my reward zone info. Is that possible since they had to use my previous receipt with the reward zone info to pull up the preorder?

For anyone that has pre ordered Tomb Raider online, were your pre order items in your cart when you checked out? Usually mine are and then they are emailed. It still had the Tomb Raider pre order stuff listed on the web site when I ordered but nothing was in my cart except the game itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back