Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mpaullin']I should have kept a closer eye on this, but has everyone's Metal Gear transaction showed up? I'm not talking about the bonus points, just the transaction itself. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='deadite76']My Metal Gear purchase isn't showing up either. Receipt shows its been applied.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as both of you. My Metal Gear purchase isn't showing up and I KNOW the guy scanned my Reward Zone card when I picked it up and paid for it. Funny thing is that on the same day my Game of Thrones pickup (done in a separate transaction) is also not showing up.

Hopefully they can figure it out and get it posted since I don't know if I can find/hunt down my receipt for either. If it never gets posted I will have to call CS and complain which I don't like doing..

[quote name='DomLando']For anyone that has pre ordered Tomb Raider online, were your pre order items in your cart when you checked out? Usually mine are and then they are emailed. It still had the Tomb Raider pre order stuff listed on the web site when I ordered but nothing was in my cart except the game itself.[/QUOTE]

Everything is bundled together so it is considered as 1 item only. DLC code is inside packaging as well.

[quote name='Dwarfman']I'm in the same boat as both of you. My Metal Gear purchase isn't showing up and I KNOW the guy scanned my Reward Zone card when I picked it up and paid for it. Funny thing is that on the same day my Game of Thrones pickup (done in a separate transaction) is also not showing up.

Hopefully they can figure it out and get it posted since I don't know if I can find/hunt down my receipt for either. If it never gets posted I will have to call CS and complain which I don't like doing..[/QUOTE]
My Metal Gear transaction is also not showing up but I was assured by some guy on the BB forums that everything was working fine and that if by bonus points aren't up in 35 days to respond back.

[quote name='jr1016']Everything is bundled together so it is considered as 1 item only. DLC code is inside packaging as well.[/QUOTE]

Ok thats good. Thanks for the response.

I had to call for Dead Space 3. Best Buy gave me regular points for the transaction, but not the 1000 bonus points. I also let the customer service rep know that I do not have the 2000 points pending for my Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising. I am concerned becasue I have Tomb Raider and God of War on preorder as well. I do not know what is going on with Best Buy, but I hope they can get it together. It is not like them to mess up so many preorders.

[quote name='Dwarfman']I'm in the same boat as both of you. My Metal Gear purchase isn't showing up and I KNOW the guy scanned my Reward Zone card when I picked it up and paid for it. Funny thing is that on the same day my Game of Thrones pickup (done in a separate transaction) is also not showing up.

Hopefully they can figure it out and get it posted since I don't know if I can find/hunt down my receipt for either. If it never gets posted I will have to call CS and complain which I don't like doing..[/QUOTE]

[quote name='deadite76']My Metal Gear purchase isn't showing up either. Receipt shows its been applied.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']My Metal Gear transaction is also not showing up but I was assured by some guy on the BB forums that everything was working fine and that if by bonus points aren't up in 35 days to respond back.[/QUOTE]

Alright, glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue. I will give it a bit longer before I call (I hate calling since it always takes 15 minutes minimum and I only seem to get someone who is competent about half the time).

By chance, did you guys use a reward certificate towards Metal Gear? I did and they had to do that loyalty adjustment thing (where they make you pay full price for the game, then take certificates off afterward). I was wondering if that would cause some sort of issue later...

[quote name='therealdanhill']I have a feeling I'm going to have to call for my dead space 3 points. Hope not.[/QUOTE]

I had to call for Dead Space 3. Best Buy gave me regular points for the transaction, but not the 1000 bonus points. I also let the customer service rep know that I do not have the 2000 points pending for my Crysis 3 and Metal Gear Rising. I am concerned becasue I have Tomb Raider and God of War on preorder as well. I do not know what is going on with Best Buy, but I hope they can get it together. It is not like them to mess up so many preorders. :cry:

[quote name='mpaullin']Alright, glad to hear I am not the only one with this issue. I will give it a bit longer before I call (I hate calling since it always takes 15 minutes minimum and I only seem to get someone who is competent about half the time).

By chance, did you guys use a reward certificate towards Metal Gear? I did and they had to do that loyalty adjustment thing (where they make you pay full price for the game, then take certificates off afterward). I was wondering if that would cause some sort of issue later...[/QUOTE]

I didn't use RZ certs but did use a Giftcard on part of it. The only thing that was stupid is that they had to do both my MGR and Game of Thrones as separate transactions when before I never had a problem picking up multiple things.

I looked and I can't find my receipt...I don't know where but someone said that BB's preorder/pickup system needs to be more like Gamestops. BB's leaves too much room for error on the pickup side for my liking.

So here's an interesting situation... pre-ordered both Crysis and MGR. Picked them up on the same day, together on one receipt.

Transaction is listed as pending. Detail shows base points (for both), unlocked double points (for both), and MGR bonus all pending, but not Crysis bonus. Anyone else pickup two pre-orders together and have a similar issue?

[quote name='lectersvictim']I have spent over $5000 at best buy every year and have been a Premier Silver member since the beginning. I also return a lot of stuff. At least 2 or 3 times a month. sometimes in excess of 5 to 6 times a month and I have never been flagged for excess returning. I change my mind a lot & also I usually find a lower price within 60 days. It's not like I am defrauding Best buy. I just buy a lot, so I return a lot. I am a CAGer and a Slickdealer. Every $$ counts in this day and age.

Also I used to get my $20 reward certs for game pre-orders after 14-21 days. Lately I haven't been getting any after 30-40 days. It's usually a 5 min phone call and they credit my RewardZone account $20. When that happens, with premier silver you could then easily then return the game (with the 60 day return policy) and keep the $20 reward cert. I don't usually do it, but best buy has a lot of holes in their system. I commend them for continuously trying but I will miss them when they are gone and Amazon fully takes over the DVD / Video Game market.[/QUOTE]

And you won't have an issue returning items of such low value relative to the 5 grand you spend there every year. That's just it:the banning threshold is relative to how much you spend there. That's what a manger there told me. The excesive return/rebuy becomes an issue for those who don't spend much there to begin with

My Crysis 3 points posted a couple days go but no sign of the $20/1000 points. I preordered it online for instore pickup, I got the DLC code and everything but no $20. Do I have to call customer service now?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man still haven't gotten my Dead Space points aswell. I could really use them since I have yet to preorder God of War yet.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I'm probably going to call on Thursday.

After wondering why I was not receiving my DS3 points, I realized today I paid my preorder off in full using BB gift cards.

I had no clue you couldn't get the points if you used a gift card.

Lesson Learned.

Boo.

[quote name='yedgee']After wondering why I was not receiving my DS3 points, I realized today I paid my preorder off in full using BB gift cards.

Lesson Learned.

Boo.[/QUOTE]
I paid in full with a gift card and got my points. You should call or put a post on their forum about your issue.

Edit
I meant you will receive the 1000 bonus points only when using gift cards for the purchase.

[quote name='yedgee']After wondering why I was not receiving my DS3 points, I realized today I paid my preorder off in full using BB gift cards.

Lesson Learned.

Boo.[/QUOTE]

Well you won't get points for the $60 spent on the game, but you are still entitled to the 1000 points that come from the preorder promotion.

Edit:Damn, this is the third time today I've been too slow with my responding!

[quote name='mpaullin']Well you won't get points for the $60 spent on the game, but you are still entitled to the 1000 points that come from the preorder promotion.

Edit:Damn, this is the third time today I've been too slow with my responding![/QUOTE]

I normally don't get points for my purchase ($60 worth), never complain about it because if you go the conventional route in getting GCs (purchase then use), you'd be doubling up on points. So I understand why someone wouldn't get points for GC purchases.

Figure I double up on trade credit using the pitch in card so I never push it with GC purchases.

I called in today because I still didn't have my Dead Space 3 bonus points (today was day 35 for me because the transaction date on my reward zone site was 1/29/13).
The CS lady was very helpful and issued me my 1000 points.

I told her I also preordered MGRR and Crysis 3 which were also part of the promo but didn't see any pending bonus points yet. She made a note on my account that if I don't have my bonus points by March 21, she would manually add them to my account for me. Probably the best CS experience I have ever had with BBY.

[quote name='Dund3r']I called in today because I still didn't have my Dead Space 3 bonus points (today was day 35 for me because the transaction date on my reward zone site was 1/29/13).[/QUOTE]

It's 35 days from pickup date because by your example, I would get a $20 cert before pickup just by preordering anything 5 weeks in advance of release date.

[quote name='Donut2922']It's 35 days from pickup date because by your example, I would get a $20 cert before pickup just be preordering anything 5 weeks in advance of release date.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well, guess you're right. At least the CS rep didn't mind. :D

2/5 is the release date for the first game in this promo, Dead Space 3, 35 days after that would be 3/12. there's nothing to be confused or worried about before 3/12, and that's for those of us picked up the game on release day.

[quote name='nuuuuj']So here's an interesting situation... pre-ordered both Crysis and MGR. Picked them up on the same day, together on one receipt.

Transaction is listed as pending. Detail shows base points (for both), unlocked double points (for both), and MGR bonus all pending, but not Crysis bonus. Anyone else pickup two pre-orders together and have a similar issue?[/QUOTE]

I picked up MGR and Crysis in the same transaction and my point details are the same as yours.

Unrelated, but I just noticed when I picked up Hitman HD trilogy on sale a while back that the transaction never posted to my account... I can't seem to find the receipt either... Bummer lol

[quote name='mpaullin']I should have kept a closer eye on this, but has everyone's Metal Gear transaction showed up? I'm not talking about the bonus points, just the transaction itself. I see that things I have bought since then are pending, but not that. I am thinking whoever checked me out might have screwed up and not entered my reward zone info. Is that possible since they had to use my previous receipt with the reward zone info to pull up the preorder?[/QUOTE]

my regular points for crysis 3/metal gear aren't showing up either on both of my accounts. My dead space 3 ones came up fine.

Bestbuy is really a cluster fuck with their points

so on their site the ps3 version says preorder and the xbox version says add to cart

if I order the ps3 version now will I still get the $20GC? Do they do their time by EST or PST?

Has anyone been able to use their RWZ certs to pre-order in-store recently? I remember some CAGS saying they wouldn't apply for some reason. I'm wondering if thats still happening.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Has anyone been able to use their RWZ certs to pre-order in-store recently? I remember some CAGS saying they wouldn't apply for some reason. I'm wondering if thats still happening.[/QUOTE]

Wont work. The in-store system doesn't recognize the pre-order as a sale (hence why it doesnt charge tax), just a place holder.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']which games will still apply for 60 day price adjust and which will be forced into the new 15 day policy?[/QUOTE]

Regular members:

Purchases before March 3 (30 day period)

Silver members:

Purchases before April 19

Competitor post purchase PMs stop for both members beginning March 3.

I caved and called today, mainly because I've had enough issues in the past to feel like I could avoid an issue on day 35. The girl got kind of aggravated and kept telling me my regular points were pending (they posted along time ago), and not addressing the bonus points issue. She eventually told me that bonus points will not visibly pend, which according to people here isn't true either.

My biggest frustration is with my past messed up experiences with Best Buy, and the fact that we're not all reporting the same experience. I wanted to stay in the "wait it out" boat, but I caved after reading some stuff here.

mahthyou: last month they had their yearly maintenance where most purchases were not visible. i had the same problem.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']mahthyou: last month they had their yearly maintenance where most purchases were not visible. i had the same problem.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sure, I'm well aware. And from working at a Fortune 500 company for quite awhile I know that internal systems are sometimes horribly dated and cause problems. My issue is, because some people are reporting pending or even having received bonus points, and I'm not, and since I've had issues in the past, I would like a direct answer about why this problem exists for some of us and not others.

I quite like Best Buy and want them to succeed, but inconsistent services and inconsistent answers from Customer Service about said issues kind of turns people off long term, and those that do stick around (like me) remain wary. Getting off-the-cuff answers from CS (Premiere Silver, nonetheless!) just feeds the machine.

I got a question for you guys: I preordered Dead Space 3 almost a week earlier and when I went to pick it up on release day, the BB I preordered for in store pickup didn't have any copies left. The BB rep told me I can switch to another BB location to pick it up. Do you think this switch of BB location would affect my $20 RZ certificate?

[quote name='ky151']I picked up MGR and Crysis in the same transaction and my point details are the same as yours.[/QUOTE]

I also picked up MGR and Crysis in the same transaction and my point details are the same.
I only show points for MGR, not Crysis.

I picked up MGR and Crysis 3 at the same time, separate transactions. 1000 points pending for MGR, but not Crysis 3. Been like that for a couple days. Who knows, their system is wacky :whee:

just picked up Tomb Raider. The weird thing is seems like they didn't deduct my initial $5 deposit. Glad I checked the receipt again so went over customer service and they refunded me $5 plus tax back as PRICE MATCH!?? WTF. Anyway, the new receipt said the original transaction was returned. I dont know if this would screw up my $20 certificate. This is my first game taken advantage of Gamer unlock, kinda worry. Anyone knows? and how many time can you price match? Lets say if next week a sale of $50 happens, would I be able to price match again?

[quote name='red_devil32']just picked up Tomb Raider. The weird thing is seems like they didn't deduct my initial $5 deposit. Glad I checked the receipt again so went over customer service and they refunded me $5 plus tax back as PRICE MATCH!?? WTF. Anyway, the new receipt said the original transaction was returned. I dont know if this would screw up my $20 certificate. This is my first game taken advantage of Gamer unlock, kinda worry. Anyone knows? and how many time can you price match? Lets say if next week a sale of $50 happens, would I be able to price match again?[/QUOTE]

Not to be the pessimist but I'm guessing it will affect your ability to get the $20 certificate. My pickup was also slightly messed up today. I have all of my receipts so I can fight it if need be.

[quote name='red_devil32']just picked up Tomb Raider. The weird thing is seems like they didn't deduct my initial $5 deposit. Glad I checked the receipt again so went over customer service and they refunded me $5 plus tax back as PRICE MATCH!?? WTF. Anyway, the new receipt said the original transaction was returned. I dont know if this would screw up my $20 certificate. This is my first game taken advantage of Gamer unlock, kinda worry. Anyone knows? and how many time can you price match? Lets say if next week a sale of $50 happens, would I be able to price match again?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Not to be the pessimist but I'm guessing it will affect your ability to get the $20 certificate. My pickup was also slightly messed up today. I have all of my receipts so I can fight it if need be.[/QUOTE]

If it says Price Match on the receipt it will NOT affect their ability to get the 1000 points. If it simply said return then there would be an issue. What it will mess up is their ability to hopefully price match the game in the next 2 weeks (non-silver) or 2 months (silver).

[quote name='Saix_XIII']If it says Price Match on the receipt it will NOT affect their ability to get the 1000 points. If it simply said return then there would be an issue. What it will mess up is their ability to hopefully price match the game in the next 2 weeks (non-silver) or 2 months (silver).[/QUOTE]

Don't forget their new policy is live. Which only allows 1 PM and is shortened to a 15 day window (60 for silver).

[quote name='Jimmienoman']Don't forget their new policy is live. Which only allows 1 PM and is shortened to a 15 day window (60 for silver).[/QUOTE]

Um it allows for more than 1 PM, but good luck finding more than 1 PM within 15 days....and I stated that time frame already....

[quote name='red_devil32']just picked up Tomb Raider. The weird thing is seems like they didn't deduct my initial $5 deposit. [/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today...we got it fixed (because I noticed) but it was weird. Hopefully I still get the $20 certificate...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um it allows for more than 1 PM, but good luck finding more than 1 PM within 15 days....and I stated that time frame already....[/QUOTE]
Jimmi is correct in that the new price match policy is limited to one price match per item per guest.
The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitor's service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um it allows for more than 1 PM, but good luck finding more than 1 PM within 15 days....and I stated that time frame already....[/QUOTE]

Policy here

"What’s changing?
Starting March 3, 2013, at the time of purchase only, we will price match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from local retail competitors and select designated major online retailers.

If Best Buy lowers a price on a product (online or in-store), we will price match within 15 days of the original purchase.

The Low Price Guarantee expands our price match policy to include all product categories except services and mobile phones with contracts.

There will be a limit of one price match per identical item, per guest.

*See complete policy for list of designated online retailers and exclusions."

Now that I read it a couple times it sounds more like you can only PM one of that item and not what I initially thought of only PMing it once. As it stands I assume it means you couldn't PM 2 copies of an item. But 1 copy could be PMed multiple times.

Although the wording is still wonky enough that I am unsure if that is correct either.

I stand corrected on the 1 limit, but at the same time within 15 days it'll be hard to get more than one if at all. In terms of the 60 days it may be easier to find more than 1, but I think doing it for anything less than $10-20 is a waste of time overall.

[quote name='htz']Jimmi is correct in that the new price match policy is limited to one price match per item per guest.[/QUOTE]

argh shit that sucks! It's their fault for forgetting to deduct my initial $5 deposit thou :(
Square enix games drops in price fast too. It would suck if next week there is a $45 deal or something. Hitman drops 15 bucks in like a week from one of the deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back