Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Mugatu']Dumb question but how long is the $20 pre-order certificate offer good until for a game?

For instance, Tomb Raider is already out but bestbuy.com still shows the $20 cert as an offer on the game page, could I go buy it now and get the $20 still? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
No, preorder only. That's a website lazy update.

Yeah I thought the same thing looking at the site.

Also got my Crysis 3 PMed to 40. Forgot to ask about the Metal Gear Solid Rising DLC.

[quote name='TooPoor']No, preorder only. That's a website lazy update.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - that's what I figured but since the good reviews I was hoping otherwise.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']how are people PMing Fry's (too late for god of war) and Newegg's Gears promo? It seems you have to signin for both sites to see the prices.[/QUOTE]

I was told by a CS Rep that they have dummy log-ins for the sites they price match. Another CS Rep just called Fry's online customer service to verify. If you're denied because you have to sign in, ask them to call; a competitor's price is a competitor's price, regardless of where in the process it's displayed.

have they made it where you can fully pay off a preorder instore yet? I remember last year one of the guys that work there told me they would at the start of this year

The Last of Us is also 49.99 at Fry's so you can get that pre-order adjusted.

I had Bioshock, Gears and Last of Us adjusted but I haven't received any emails to confirm so I'm a little worried.

[quote name='tlwizard']The Last of Us is also 49.99 at Fry's so you can get that pre-order adjusted.

I had Bioshock, Gears and Last of Us adjusted but I haven't received any emails to confirm so I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know they could adjust orders. I thought the CS rep had to place the order for you.

[quote name='Mako1215']I can't decide if I want the last of us CE or not.

I have a $25 gc to game stop.[/QUOTE]

Here is how I see the 3 editions.

• Base Game-$60-Base Game...
  • Suvival Edition-$80-Steelbook, some DLC I think, and art book for $20 more. The art book alone has an MSRP of $40.
  • Post Apocolyptic Edition-$160-Includes everything from Survival Edition EXCEPT the art book and tosses in a statue for $100.

I like statues don't get me wrong, but $100 for one is silly to me. If they included the art book and the statue it would be a tough choice. The only thing that makes the $160 even remotely tempting is it's GS exclusive so it MAY be limited. In the end I went with the Survival Edition at Best Buy due to getting $20 back in rewards.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']my gaming rep told me the deadline for pickup changed from 1 week to 1 day to get the credit, i assuming he was fulla crap, was waiting till sunday to pickup games now since the price adjust policy changed.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='nuuuuj']He's full of shit. Its seven days.[/QUOTE]

This is my biggest problem with Best Buy right now. Every rep seems to make up their own rules which is what makes calling them such a pain. Been putting off calling about my DS3 points and a Crysis 3 PM but I suppose I better do it now before I forget.

On the phone trying to PM now - wish they'd make this online so I wouldn't have to sit here waiting while someone types this all up and checks things. I don't mind since I'm getting the deal but you figure I could send them the info of where I want to match online and they could take their time to verify instead of making a rep do it one person at a time.

[quote name='tlwizard']The Last of Us is also 49.99 at Fry's so you can get that pre-order adjusted.

I had Bioshock, Gears and Last of Us adjusted but I haven't received any emails to confirm so I'm a little worried.[/QUOTE]

Btw per policy they aren't supposed to PM a preorder as the policy dictates "has to be in stock and readily available"

Preorders are not readily available.

But it never hurts to ask

[quote name='Mugatu']On the phone trying to PM now - wish they'd make this online so I wouldn't have to sit here waiting while someone types this all up and checks things. I don't mind since I'm getting the deal but you figure I could send them the info of where I want to match online and they could take their time to verify instead of making a rep do it one person at a time.[/QUOTE]

There is a chat option on their website, not sure how much better it is since I have never used it, but it's an option.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is a chat option on their website, not sure how much better it is since I have never used it, but it's an option.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it next time but I doubt they'll do it. Just figure it would be easier for everyone involved.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
The only thing that makes the $160 even remotely tempting is it's GS exclusive so it MAY be limited.[/QUOTE]
I remember it's already sold out right?

[quote name='Killbomb']This is my biggest problem with Best Buy right now. Every rep seems to make up their own rules which is what makes calling them such a pain. Been putting off calling about my DS3 points and a Crysis 3 PM but I suppose I better do it now before I forget.[/QUOTE]

If you could I'd call another day. I just spent 90 minutes (most of that on hold or being transferred) on the phone over 2 calls (first one disconnected of course) trying to pm the newegg price to no avail. BBY's cs is seriously the worst I've ever experienced.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Best Buy doesn't do pre-order deals for vita games but my B2G1 from joining expires 4/30 which is the day Soul Sacrifice comes out :D[/QUOTE]

how you get a B2G1 coupon? i just joined also

Ok, I think it worked - I was told to place the order again online and give the rep my order number and she said she made a case and sent it off to get adjusted??

If it doesn't work then at the minimum I'm back where I started to no big deal.

PS. I matched Gears to newegg and Bioshock to Fry's

just got denied on matching newegg and fry's and was told they're promotions, not actual sales. ....wtf? and the guy also told me they haven't PM'd those two sources the whole day and he must be bullshitting cuz people are posting that they've done both. and finally told me he can't add stuff to cart cuz he can't create log ins, etc. wow. ridiculous.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']just got denied on matching newegg and fry's and was told they're promotions, not actual sales. ....wtf? and the guy also told me they haven't PM'd those two sources the whole day and he must be bullshitting cuz people are posting that they've done both. and finally told me he can't add stuff to cart cuz he can't create log ins, etc. wow. ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I would call back and complain. The rep I spoke to had 0 issues at all and made the order for me.

[quote name='panda911']If you could I'd call another day. I just spent 90 minutes (most of that on hold or being transferred) on the phone over 2 calls (first one disconnected of course) trying to pm the newegg price to no avail. BBY's cs is seriously the worst I've ever experienced.[/QUOTE]

I got the DS3 bonus points issue taken care of very quickly. I also told her that MGR and Crysis 3's bonus points weren't showing up as pending and she took care of that too. Had to wait on hold while a different rep verified that I could still PM C3 under their new policy. :roll: She eventually told me she processed the PM but I didn't get an email instantly like I have before so I guess I"ll wait and see. The Reward Zone rep did know exactly what was going on at least. Really wish she could have helped me with both issues.

EDIT: Just got the email saying credit was applied so all looks to be well.

Yeah my rep had no issues either price matching except I had to tell her to click on Gears since the promo is only on the actual product page and not the search results at newegg. It took about 25 minutes but no problems (assuming I get it, can't be sure until it actually shows up).

Call back later and try it with someone else or be the guinea pig and try the online chat.

To the people who were successful, when did you call? i.e. how many hours ago? Another person told me that "upstairs" decided this and that they can no longer create dummy accounts to check prices, etc.

My Tomb Raider points are pending and I should get them in time for Infinite, I also got my ready for pickup email for GOW Ascension, can't wait. :bouncy:

[quote name='ChaosLaw']just got denied on matching newegg and fry's and was told they're promotions, not actual sales. ....wtf? and the guy also told me they haven't PM'd those two sources the whole day and he must be bullshitting cuz people are posting that they've done both. and finally told me he can't add stuff to cart cuz he can't create log ins, etc. wow. ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

They're not suppose to match either retailer in this situation, people are just getting lucky with reps who don't know the policy.

fuck i hate how i always miss these things. bby goes apeshit defensive after they're in on it. now they're telling me fry's is out of both of those games? LOL YEAH RIGHT. Two games that haven't come out yet just went out of stock? give me a fucking break.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']hmmm I picked up Tomb Raider early Tuesday morning, my base points are pending, but are people seeing the 1000 points pending as well?[/QUOTE]

Tomb Raider Bonus Points are pending for me, they were just added this morning.

I tried the chat, but they said I had to call for a price match.

She also said "Macey S : I can imagine the call time is high. Randomly, I have had about 5 chats almost in a row with the same request."

[quote name='Saix_XIII']hmmm I picked up Tomb Raider early Tuesday morning, my base points are pending, but are people seeing the 1000 points pending as well?[/QUOTE]

No. I have yet to see any of my bonus points from any of my pre-orders show as pending.

PMing Judgment to $40 and using RZ on it and getting $20 more would be awesome. Plus, isn't there a spend $10+ and get $10 promo coming up?
Will try tomorrow. How do I go about PMing for online and paying?

[quote name='kylerg']PMing Judgment to $40 and using RZ on it and getting $20 more would be awesome. Plus, isn't there a spend $10+ and get $10 promo coming up?
Will try tomorrow. How do I go about PMing for online and paying?[/QUOTE]

Newegg preorder for gears is dead now apparently.

[quote name='jinxpalm']Anyone else's God of War not ship yet?

BB is slacking.[/QUOTE]

Mine did. I paid the 2 bucks for release date shipping. Don't know if that effects it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I would call back and complain. The rep I spoke to had 0 issues at all and made the order for me.[/QUOTE]

Call back and complain because the rep actually upheld the policy correctly? Man do I feel for any CS anymore...

[quote name='ChaosLaw']fuck i hate how i always miss these things. bby goes apeshit defensive after they're in on it. now they're telling me fry's is out of both of those games? LOL YEAH RIGHT. Two games that haven't come out yet just went out of stock? give me a fucking break.[/QUOTE]
BBY PM policy:
"If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor?s store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers"

Hmmm now let me think. If I am preordering a product does that mean the product is immediately available? I wonder why they would be out (as in have none to sell) of a product that CANNOT BE SOLD YET.

Where do people see there pending points for the pickup of their tomb raider?! I picked mine up last Tuesday in the morning and I don't see anything on my reward page...?!?

Tomb raider was my first Gamer unlock pre order.... Does it just show up as 1000 points when it does?

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Where do people see there pending points for the pickup of their tomb raider?! I picked mine up last Tuesday in the morning and I don't see anything on my reward page...?!?

Tomb raider was my first Gamer unlock pre order.... Does it just show up as 1000 points when it does?[/QUOTE]

The point's will only CLEAR after the 30 days or so, until then they will show up as 1000 pending point's, give it a few day's for the GCU preorder point's to show as pending, it's no rush and ppl already did enough freaking out with DS3, they appeared and ppl just got in a frenzy for nothing XD.
If by april they still aren't appearing even as PENDING than maybe post on the forum, or call CS. But yes your fine.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Where do people see there pending points for the pickup of their tomb raider?! I picked mine up last Tuesday in the morning and I don't see anything on my reward page...?!?

Tomb raider was my first Gamer unlock pre order.... Does it just show up as 1000 points when it does?[/QUOTE]

My 1000 points showed as pending for Dead Space 3 2 weeks after pick up. My 1000 points do not show up as pending at all 3 weeks after Crysis 3 pickup. My Tomb Raider 1000 points were showing up as pending yesterday less than a week after pick up. There is no rhyme or reason it seems. I don't worry about it though cuz every single pre order I've done for this promo since it started I have ultimately had the points available to use by the 35 day mark. That's all that matters. If you don't have them at that point then let us know and one of us will tell you who to contact.

i hope bby pays you apologists a salary. it's the inconsistency that annoys me, but i want to be on the good end of it. i'm about to quit bby and i would have already if i didn't have credit locked in. i'm waiting for them to do something stupid like put pokemon games on sale so i can just convert that to u.s. dollars and get out of there. target might be the way to go now: buy the game now and you have 90 days to buy it somewhere cheaper and close out the expensive position at target, plus 30 day "normal" PM.

[quote name='Hemi']^CLEARLY missed the $15 pokemon black/white 2's[/QUOTE]

I missed it when I referenced to it being a bad move by best buy and I wanted them to do something like that again so I can convert my credit?

Haha. Yeah. You "got me."

So I called customer support 3 different times today about my Dead Space 3 points still not showing up. First time I talked to some Indian guy that had no idea what I was talking about and just kept telling me to add them myself. Second time was some woman that first told me the same thing, then told me to just wait patiently for them. Finally the third time I talked to another woman. She said she'd look into it for me, I was on hold for atleast 15 minutes. She came back and told me that I already issued the points. I tried to explain to her that I issued a $20 certificate a couple days ago but it wasn't the Dead Space points. She said, Well if they don't show up with 2 weeks call back.

So I give up. I don't know what else to do. All I know is I'm definitely cancelling my Bioshock pre order.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']So I called customer support 3 different times today about my Dead Space 3 points still not showing up. First time I talked to some Indian guy that had no idea what I was talking about and just kept telling me to add them myself. Second time was some woman that first told me the same thing, then told me to just wait patiently for them. Finally the third time I talked to another woman. She said she'd look into it for me, I was on hold for atleast 15 minutes. She came back and told me that I already issued the points. I tried to explain to her that I issued a $20 certificate a couple days ago but it wasn't the Dead Space points. She said, Well if they don't show up with 2 weeks call back.

So I give up. I don't know what else to do. All I know is I'm definitely cancelling my Bioshock pre order.[/QUOTE]

Calling BB CS can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. If I were you I would just post on the BB forums and explain your situation, it may take a couple of days for them to get to you but a lot of people here have had success.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

[quote name='ChaosLaw']i hope bby pays you apologists a salary. it's the inconsistency that annoys me, but i want to be on the good end of it. i'm about to quit bby and i would have already if i didn't have credit locked in. i'm waiting for them to do something stupid like put pokemon games on sale so i can just convert that to u.s. dollars and get out of there. target might be the way to go now: buy the game now and you have 90 days to buy it somewhere cheaper and close out the expensive position at target, plus 30 day "normal" PM.[/QUOTE]

I know Target is definitely getting my business next week for the B2G1. Held off on Ascension this week so I can pick it up next week with Judgment and something else. Probably use my upcoming RZ certs on Injustice and/or Last of Us then that might be it for Best Buy.

[quote name='ChaosLaw']i hope bby pays you apologists a salary. it's the inconsistency that annoys me, but i want to be on the good end of it. i'm about to quit bby and i would have already if i didn't have credit locked in. i'm waiting for them to do something stupid like put pokemon games on sale so i can just convert that to u.s. dollars and get out of there. target might be the way to go now: buy the game now and you have 90 days to buy it somewhere cheaper and close out the expensive position at target, plus 30 day "normal" PM.[/QUOTE]

You can buy Amazon gift cards with credit - yeah you're locked in somewhere else but if you hate BBY it might be a better thing for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back