Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='htz']The all-star dlc code won't be activated until 3/19.[/QUOTE]

Ok so to break everything down.

*The Best Buy DLC, according to Best Buy, is supposed to be in the box for both the CE and standard
*There are only TWO codes in the CE, can't say about the standard.
*One of the CE codes is for the online pass and stuff. That redeemed fine, yet lists the service for the XP boost as 24 hours, NOT 48 hours like the box and voucher state. Sony said it's a known issue and took down my info.
*The other code is for the PSASBR DLC, which is not valid till the 18th, unlike what the voucher says which is the 1st of this month.

So...I KNOW one of the codes is NOT for the BB DLC and the other code cannot be redeemed....so how is anyone claiming to know how to get the DLC?

I had to call tonight for DS3. They gave me a hard time because of my price match, but said the 1000 points would show up in 24-48 hours.

Q: Where are my weapon or armor pre-order bonuses?
A: Your items can be found by going to the online lobby and checking the corresponding weapon or armor section.

Q: How long does my XP bonus last?
A: There are 2 types of XP bonuses for pre-orders. Small XP bonuses each last for 24 hours and give you a 1.5x bonus. Large XP bonuses each last for 48 hours and give you a 2x bonus.

If you have more than one, bonuses of the same type stack together. For example, 3 Small bonuses would give you 72 hours - even if they are activated all at once. Large and Small bonuses don't stack together, however. If you activate them at the same time, you will not receive the effects of the small bonus.

The bonus clock starts counting down as soon as it is activated and will expire 24 or 48 hours later (in real-time, not game time).

Included with God of War: Ascension is an insert with a promotional code that unlocks Zeus and Isaac as playable characters in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.
The insert says that the content is available starting 3/1/13, but this information is incorrect.
The Zeus and Isaac DLC will be available on 3/19/13.

Best Buy:
NOTE: These items are provided on a voucher for those who pre-order the game:
- Mjölnir, the Hammer of Thor, for use in multiplayer
- $20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
- Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack

Collector's Edition
NOTE: The following are items included in the CE version of the game that will be available from select retailers:
- Official Game Soundtrack
- Multiplayer XP Boost
- PS3 Dynamic Theme
- PSN Avatar Pack
- Future DLC Pass
- Kratos statue

I Drove 40min to my nearest BBY after work to pick up my pre-order for God of War CE. Waited an hour in the store while they tried to find one for me. Ultimately, left disappointed and without the CE. :(

[quote name='htz']
Best Buy:
NOTE: These items are provided on a voucher for those who pre-order the game:
- Mjölnir, the Hammer of Thor, for use in multiplayer
- $20 in Reward Certificates for Gamers Club Unlocked members
- Mythological Heroes Multiplayer Pack
[/QUOTE]

Voucher? How is the certificate on a voucher with DLC, man I'm confused....I just want Mjolnir and Odysseus :/

I am still confused. So you're saying the CE code for the XP booster, theme, avatars, etc etc etc give the hammer and skin DLC but mention NOWHERE on the voucher OR in the download it includes that stuff??? If they are on an ADDITIONAL voucher....then give me the voucher cause it sure as Hades wasn't in my package with the other 2 vouchers.

So I pre-ordered the CE for God of War a few days ago and when I left to pick up the game today they didn't have it in store yet. I opted to just get the regular edition of the game. Anyone know if I will still get my $20? The guy at the register said I would, but I wanna be sure.

Also, I'm thinking about not opening it and waiting for the CE to ship and pick it up instead. $20 Promo voided with returns and rebuys?

[quote name='TheCro']So I pre-ordered the CE for God of War a few days ago and when I left to pick up the game today they didn't have it in store yet. I opted to just get the regular edition of the game. Anyone know if I will still get my $20? The guy at the register said I would, but I wanna be sure.

Also, I'm thinking about not opening it and waiting for the CE to ship and pick it up instead. $20 Promo voided with returns and rebuys?[/QUOTE]

did you get a credit of $5 from your preorder on the receipt? If you did then you should be fine.

I preordered tomb raider xbox and I wanted the PS3 version but the guy at the register wasn't able to change it, the system wasn't allowing him to ring up the xbox version since it went by sku

If your guy just made a different order without attaching it to the preorder then you won't get the $20

[quote name='jrr6415sun']did you get a credit of $5 from your preorder on the receipt? If you did then you should be fine.

I preordered tomb raider xbox and I wanted the PS3 version but the guy at the register wasn't able to change it, the system wasn't allowing him to ring up the xbox version since it went by sku

If your guy just made a different order without attaching it to the preorder then you won't get the $20[/QUOTE]

Damn. Gonna call them up or something. I've got a fat stack of receipts under here and the one for the purchase doesn't say anything about a pre-order. Also have another one under it that says I cancelled the pre-order. Looks like I'll have to call customer service.

[quote name='MoCiWe']Voucher? How is the certificate on a voucher with DLC, man I'm confused....I just want Mjolnir and Odysseus :/[/QUOTE]
The $20 RZ cert is definitely not on the voucher, I was copy and pasting this info from the Playstation website.
[quote name='Saix_XIII']I am still confused. So you're saying the CE code for the XP booster, theme, avatars, etc etc etc give the hammer and skin DLC but mention NOWHERE on the voucher OR in the download it includes that stuff??? If they are on an ADDITIONAL voucher....then give me the voucher cause it sure as Hades wasn't in my package with the other 2 vouchers.[/QUOTE]
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4876
https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4887

I'm going by what the playstation website is providing.

^ I got that same voucher with my standard edition copy. It looks like it wasn't included inside CE for some reason.

Also surprised there wasn't some cool inside artwork most Sony games get, just some lame controls layout.

Is still possible to get the 20$ RZ certificate if i go ahead and purchase GOW: Ascension?? I'm checking bb.com and it says they are still offering the certificate, just wanna make sure if they will honor it.

[quote name='DojimaDragon']Is still possible to get the 20$ RZ certificate if i go ahead and purchase GOW: Ascension?? I'm checking bb.com and it says they are still offering the certificate, just wanna make sure if they will honor it.[/QUOTE]

No they won't since its pre-orders only with gamer unlocked. The website is slow at updating.

As others have reported, my Dead Space points showed up today as pending. My Tomb Raider points also show as pending. Still nothing for Crysis 3 even though MGR bonus points have already posted in the same transaction.

i had to fight them over crysis 3 gamestop pricematch. they kept saying the covers looked different and mine was the hunter version. i had to repeatedly tell them that all preorders were hunter version or something and cmon cmon cmoooooon. and they finally caved. put money back on cards and hung up whispering something. luckily i found cards. woot

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Here is some interesting info while looking on ebay. THIS IS A PHYSICAL VOUCHER! Some people have it in hand. Case in point. http://www.ebay.com/itm/God-of-War-...650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d0a803322
So either this was supposed to be in the package or Best Buy was supposed to give it to us....Either way this was not supposed to be emailed, but is a physical voucher. Wtf is going on?!?![/QUOTE]
For both the regular and collector's editions of the game, the code for the Mjolnir hammer and the Mythological Heroes Multiplayer pack will be in the package.
Bill-BBY has already stated both the standard and collector's edition pre-order bonus comes in the packaging. Looks to me like Sony had a manufacturing issue where they left typos on the voucher and maybe even left out the voucher in some games. :roll:

[quote name='htz']Bill-BBY has already stated both the standard and collector's edition pre-order bonus comes in the packaging. Looks to me like Sony had a manufacturing issue where they left typos on the voucher and maybe even left out the voucher in some games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree it does seem that way. On the phone waiting for Sony to pick up to see where I can get with them.

[quote name='hxcmusic']I thought I read some where that I didn't need to print out my RZ certs any more, that the cashier can apply them once I've given my acct info. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they can look it up for you at the end of the transaction. Just make sure they put in your RZ info during the transaction, and then just let them know you have certificates you want to use. They have to be redeemed first in order for them to pop up.

I bought the God of War CE. I didn't know that it came with the $20 certificate. If that was the case, I would've pre-ordered it. I constantly checked the thread, but whatever. I'm afraid to open this CE, and not have the codes be in the box. I would be bummed if that was the case. Anyways, I'll think about it for the next few days and go from there. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

Everybody so far that preordered a CE from Best Buy has reported not getting the voucher packed in. I just picked up my standard edition and it included it. You should compare the UPC of the BB copy because the UPC for the standard copy between BB and other retailers is indeed different.

The UPC of the Gamestop CE edition is 711719991038.

If your Best Buy copy is the same, then it's what I suspect - Sony screwed up and didn't specifically pack the voucher for the BB copies and this resulted in miscommunication with the BBY gaming mods.

[quote name='Donut2922']Everybody so far that preordered a CE from Best Buy has reported not getting the voucher packed in. I just picked up my standard edition and it included it. You should compare the UPC of the BB copy because the UPC for the standard copy between BB and other retailers is indeed different.

The UPC of the Gamestop CE edition is 711719991038.

If your Best Buy copy is the same, then it's what I suspect - Sony screwed up and didn't specifically pack the voucher for the BB copies and this resulted in miscommunication with the BBY gaming mods.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if.this is why some stores didn't get any in today

The UPC is indeed the same. Seems like that is the issue...Called Sony and they asked for a copy of the receipt and I just sent that in. Said I should hear back by Monday (3-4 business days). I'll post when I hear back.

So....I'm not going to to get the Myth Heroes & Mjolnir DLC when my God of War CE shows up sometime tommorrow? ....great that's just peachy. The one freaking time I ever decide I'm going to gt a CE and it backfires on me. :drool:

Thoughts so far on the game anyone? Thinking about returning my CE when it gets here tomorrow after the voucher mishap and gears and Bioshock about to come out I think I might can hold off on getting this for awhile if its not just breathe taking

Yep - Got screwed again by BB for the GOW CE. They didn't have my pre-order copy when I went to pick it up. Why do I even continue to shop there? At least I know if I pre-order at GS they would have my copy. Or I should just stick with Amazon (which they still have the game in stock). But it's the free $20 that I want from BB.
What a pisser!!!

[quote name='Methoes']Yep - Got screwed again by BB for the GOW CE. They didn't have my pre-order copy when I went to pick it up. Why do I even continue to shop there? At least I know if I pre-order at GS they would have my copy. Or I should just stick with Amazon (which they still have the game in stock). But it's the free $20 that I want from BB.
What a pisser!!![/QUOTE]

yea it's never an enjoyable experience preordering from bestbuy. If you're worried something will be limited you need to get there right at opening otherwise some employee who has no idea what they are doing will give it away. The $20 is hard to pass up though which is the only reason I would preorder anything from them.

BB sucks when it comes to CE's in general I'd suggest you order these online to ensure you get them. In the event that they sell your CE & there's no way for them to get you another see if they discount the reg. edition in-store. You can also see if BB.com CS will offer you customer satisfaction pts for the error. $20 RZ, $20 customer satisfaction not a bad deal in the end. Sell the reg. GOW for $50 on CL & using that towards purchasing the CE from elsewhere.

[quote name='Methoes']Yep - Got screwed again by BB for the GOW CE. They didn't have my pre-order copy when I went to pick it up. Why do I even continue to shop there? At least I know if I pre-order at GS they would have my copy. Or I should just stick with Amazon (which they still have the game in stock). But it's the free $20 that I want from BB.
What a pisser!!![/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='RaysGame']I Drove 40min to my nearest BBY after work to pick up my pre-order for God of War CE. Waited an hour in the store while they tried to find one for me. Ultimately, left disappointed and without the CE. :([/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='TheCro']So I pre-ordered the CE for God of War a few days ago and when I left to pick up the game today they didn't have it in store yet. I opted to just get the regular edition of the game. Anyone know if I will still get my $20? The guy at the register said I would, but I wanna be sure.

Also, I'm thinking about not opening it and waiting for the CE to ship and pick it up instead. $20 Promo voided with returns and rebuys?[/QUOTE]You will get the $20, the pre-order doesn't have to match on purchased. When you get the CE call CS & tell them what happened & ask for the customer satisfaction pts.

[quote name='Dund3r']Here's a question that is, unlike many recent ones in this thread, not answered in the OP:

Are there any Day 1 deals on GOW:A? As in potential PMs to BBY? I haven't come across any yet, curious if anyone else has.

Someone mentioned PMing Amazon's $10 GC preorder bonus, but that's gotta be highly YMMV.[/QUOTE]Well, I was surprised during a trip to a BB I dont frequent concerning the new pm policy, the rep & manager confimred they'd be pm'ing as normal even past 4/18. They realized the flaw in the policy wouuld only piss off customers. And the store would lose the sale, loyal customer & they'd be getting even more open box items. ot sure if your silver(it only cost *$77.XX) but I suggest getting in good with your local stores staff & go over the issue with them. I spoke with 3 other stores & they also agreed so the $20 deals are still golden. Along with these convos I think there's a good chance to get the previous policy adpated, I'm working on the best way to present it to BB & will link it when done. Fair warning though, you most likely will need to be a silver member or they may have to charge a yearly fee for the privilege.

What a pisser!!![/QUOTE]

In the future, if possible, try to order any CEs online. This way they literally have to put your name on the item and email you that they have it. I'd also imagine any screw-ups using this method would be met with harsher discipline from corporate.

Yeah.. if you are doing a preorder with Best Buy and want to make sure they are 100% guaranteed to pull it.. then order it online for in store pickup. I did a preorder pickup today and had to pull a copy off the shelf because the guys order was never picked. Turns out he did it in store so that basically nullified the picking process.

Preorder in store.. you are basically hoping they have copies on the shelf. Preorder online.. a copy has to be pulled for you as an order is sent into the warehouse of the store.

If you're cool with the gaming reps go in-store on Sun/Mon & with your pre-order receipt & have them put it aside either under the gaming counter with a copy of your pre-order receip or have it place where in-store p/u's go with your info taped to it.

So, I picked up metal gear rising revengeance and no $20 reward zone has showed up. The purchase isn't even on my reward zone history. Dd the cashier screw up and im boned?

Edit to say I still have the pre order receipt and I paid $5 less than the full price at pickup.

[quote name='panda911']In the future, if possible, try to order any CEs online. This way they literally have to put your name on the item and email you that they have it. I'd also imagine any screw-ups using this method would be met with harsher discipline from corporate.[/QUOTE]

Working as the Inventory Control guy for a Staples Distribution Center I can tell you this is not true.

Can be plenty of screw ups before the item hits the trailer to be shipped / also there can be any kind of inventory discrepancies where you may still not get it.

When I run out of something, and the customer wants more, all I have to do is tell the system there is x amount of items in the box, 0 items in the warehouse, then scratch the remaining quantity to back order / throw it in limbo if we won't carry it any further.

[quote name='jer7583']So, I picked up metal gear rising revengeance and no $20 reward zone has showed up. The purchase isn't even on my reward zone history. Dd the cashier screw up and im boned?

Edit to say I still have the pre order receipt and I paid $5 less than the full price at pickup.[/QUOTE]

Did you by any chance pick up your game on 2/19 (or the launch date)? I actually have the same issues. As for me, I made three different purchases (three different receipts) on that day, 2 pre-order pickups and 1 iPad purchase, and none of them are showing on myrz website. I called 800-number and they verified that they do have those purchases are showing on their end, showing pending. I was advised to wait for full-35 days, then call them back in case that it does not show on myrz after the waiting period.

[quote name='BiggyP2P']Yeah.. if you are doing a preorder with Best Buy and want to make sure they are 100% guaranteed to pull it.. then order it online for in store pickup. I did a preorder pickup today and had to pull a copy off the shelf because the guys order was never picked. Turns out he did it in store so that basically nullified the picking process.

Preorder in store.. you are basically hoping they have copies on the shelf. Preorder online.. a copy has to be pulled for you as an order is sent into the warehouse of the store.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily true. I remember preordering the Hardened Edition of Black Ops 2 online for in-store pickup. When I arrived to pickup my order, it had not been set aside despite receiving an email that said my order was ready for pickup. Fortunately, I got there in the morning and two Hardened Editions were still available, but lesson learned.

When I called the other day about my DS3 missing bonus points, I mentioned that my MGR and Crysis 3 bonus points weren't showing up as pending and the rep said she would take care of it. Just checked my RZ account and I have $60 worth of certs ready to use. Finally had something go my way with BB as I didn't expect $40 of that $60 for another few weeks.

[quote name='kangchousa']Did you by any chance pick up your game on 2/19 (or the launch date)? I actually have the same issues. As for me, I made three different purchases (three different receipts) on that day, 2 pre-order pickups and 1 iPad purchase, and none of them are showing on myrz website. I called 800-number and they verified that they do have those purchases are showing on their end, showing pending. I was advised to wait for full-35 days, then call them back in case that it does not show on myrz after the waiting period.[/QUOTE]

Not the person you were responding too, but my purchase was on launch day and I made a separate online order that same day, neither of them are showing up but they told me the same thing that it's in their system, I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Should we add in the OP that points will clear 35 days from the pickup date? Yesterday my Dead Space 3 points just showed up (never were pending). It was 35 days from it's release date. We get a lot of questions in this thread asking when points clear so maybe it'll help them. Just a suggestion only of course.

[quote name='Donut2922']Should we add in the OP that points will clear 35 days from the pickup date? Yesterday my Dead Space 3 points just showed up (never were pending). It was 35 days from it's release date. We get a lot of questions in this thread asking when points clear so maybe it'll help them. Just a suggestion only of course.[/QUOTE]

you could do that but people will still freak out when points aren't showing up on their account because patience is in very short supply

The site isnt letting me apply RZ certs towards my preorder, what's going on? It says it doesn't match their records?

Edit: Linked my accounts through the App, it let me do it there

[quote name='Donut2922']Should we add in the OP that points will clear 35 days from the pickup date? Yesterday my Dead Space 3 points just showed up (never were pending). It was 35 days from it's release date. We get a lot of questions in this thread asking when points clear so maybe it'll help them. Just a suggestion only of course.[/QUOTE]

Me 2, along with me metal gear points. Not sure why they both came in @ the same time but i will take it.

Did you at least have the purchase history (or the transaction itself) shown before the points showing/clearing up yesterday? In my case, the purchase history on 2/19 isn't even showing.

Well, I just got an email from BB with another pre-order bonus code for GOW ascension. Its different for the one package in with my game. So if you didn't get one there's a chance they will send it by email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back