Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deader2818']There was clearly an issue with MGR, Cyrsis 3 and Tomb Raider points not posting because there has been several reports of the reward zone help line telling people they wouldnt get their points because they used giftcards/certs.

They werent just going to magically appear. Seems like its a pretty known issue now and people have had to call in to get their points.[/QUOTE]

I used $15 worth of certs on my TR pre-order and the 1000 points have been pending for awhile now and I believe they will post soon since I have RZ Premier Silver. While I do agree that some people are having issues I personally have never had an issue with this promotion and and have used a combination of certs/gift cards with my purchases several times.

For whatever reason, MGR and Tomb Raider were messed up because I used a gift card and after I was done, he told me that it was good a called because since something was messed up it was never going to post anyways.

Really, to me, if the purchase as cleared and you didn't get the promo points id call. How many cases are there of people getting their promo points a few weeks after their purchase cleared?

[quote name='Deader2818']Really, to me, if the purchase as cleared and you didn't get the promo points id call. How many cases are there of people getting their promo points a few weeks after their purchase cleared?[/QUOTE]

It happened to me with Dead Space 3.

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I used $15 worth of certs on my TR pre-order and the 1000 points have been pending for awhile now and I believe they will post soon since I have RZ Premier Silver. While I do agree that some people are having issues I personally have never had an issue with this promotion and and have used a combination certs/gift cards with my purchases several times.[/QUOTE]

This x 100.

I've preordered nearly every single game eligible for the $20 promo for the last 2 years. I've never had to call into CS once. I've just been patient. No stress no hassle. Points haven't showed up before but I waited and they "magically" appeared.

Not every CS rep is going to know how the GCU program works and it's customer service RZ interface issues. Frankly, I'm more knowledgable than the average CS rep so I've never been duped by them either.

In the end, no harm was done. The issue was fixed, everyone was happy :D

I never had any issue last year, and I pre-orded, CoD, ACIII, RE6, and Dishonored. Dead Space 3 was fine for me as well. For whatever reason, MGS and TR were not. God of War is though.

Called about Crysis today. The actual purchase isn't showing in my account, nor are the 1000 points. CS rep couldn't figure it out, filed a claim and told he it'll take 7 days to figure it out. Lame.

My GOW:A bonus points cleared today. Good to see bonus points are clearing fairly fast now - not sure if it has to do with being Silver status or not, but I'll take it either way.

[quote name='Dund3r']My GOW:A bonus points cleared today. Good to see bonus points are clearing fairly fast now - not sure if it has to do with being Silver status or not, but I'll take it either way.[/QUOTE]

I am not a silver member anymore and everything is clearing fairly quickly for me now. My GOW: A points also cleared today.

I complained about my metal gear rising and crysis 3 points not showing up, even the regular points aren't there. All the points for that day aren't there. They could see the purchase but they said I was correct that I wasn't awarded points for it.

they told me they submitted a ticket and they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks?? :shock:

Anybody know how long it takes to receive games in the mail? I preordered Bioshock for shipping and its the first game I'm having shipped after losing my Silver status. When I was Silver I'd receive games on Wednesday, now that I'm back to core I was wondering if anyone knew how much longer it would take to get to me.

[quote name='Dump1eSti1tskin']Anybody know how long it takes to receive games in the mail? I preordered Bioshock for shipping and its the first game I'm having shipped after losing my Silver status. When I was Silver I'd receive games on Wednesday, now that I'm back to core I was wondering if anyone knew how much longer it would take to get to me.[/QUOTE]
Best Buy shipped my games via UPS Mail Innovation when I was a regular RZ member. I usually get them on Thursday and Friday the latest. I get them on release day now due to Silver. :D

[quote name='htz']Best Buy shipped my games via UPS Mail Innovation when I was a regular RZ member. I usually get them on Thursday and Friday the latest. I get them on release day now due to Silver. :D[/QUOTE]

I got metal gear rising the Saturday after release day because of the slow UPS innovations which uses USPS for local delivery. And it shipped out the Friday before release date from Tennessee to Cali.

Has anyone's Rewards points showed up as pending or anything for Gears Judgment? This is the first BB pre-order I did by mail so I don't know if the points take longer to show up.

I know it has to take 30 days to clear, but I was expecting it to at least show up as pending.

Finally went ahead and Pre-ordered Infinite for PS3. Couldn't decide whether to get it for PS3 or PC especially with the amazing PC deals but ending up choosing console since I prefer it.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']Has anyone's Rewards points showed up as pending or anything for Gears Judgment? This is the first BB pre-order I did by mail so I don't know if the points take longer to show up.

I know it has to take 30 days to clear, but I was expecting it to at least show up as pending.[/QUOTE]

no nothing has shown up for Gears of War and I pre-ordered in store, seems like it is now actually taking the full 5 days to show up instead of taking up to 5 days, but points will still post after the same 30 days

Interesting. My Gears PO is pending but i got the fb 500 point promo and not the GCU 1k. Hopefully it will show up late like the last two and i get 1500 points for the transaction.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']no nothing has shown up for Gears of War and I pre-ordered in store, seems like it is now actually taking the full 5 days to show up instead of taking up to 5 days, but points will still post after the same 30 days[/QUOTE]

Ok, thanks. I thought I used to see the points pending sooner. I was surprised I got the 500 FB points from the transaction faster than the Unlocked points.

Finally got BB to PM Fry's price on Bioshock Infinite. Third times the charms. Never order via phone so hopefully she didn't mess any thing up and I'll still get the 1000 points for preordering.

Went to BB to trade in Tomb Raider and realized my Unlocked ran out. Looks like I'll have to cancel and re-order Bioshock. Hopefully there's no problems with the RZ certs coming back.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Went to BB to trade in Tomb Raider and realized my Unlocked ran out. Looks like I'll have to cancel and re-order Bioshock. Hopefully there's no problems with the RZ certs coming back.[/QUOTE]

You don't have to cancel your pre-order, just make sure you're a GCU member when you pick up Bioshock and you will be good.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']Went to BB to trade in Tomb Raider and realized my Unlocked ran out. Looks like I'll have to cancel and re-order Bioshock. Hopefully there's no problems with the RZ certs coming back.[/QUOTE]

As long as you are unlocked before or during the same transaction that you pick it up in then you don't have to cancel or reorder.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']You don't have to cancel your pre-order, just make sure you're a GCU member when you pick up Bioshock and you will be good.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='shady520']As long as you are unlocked before or during the same transaction that you pick it up in then you don't have to cancel or reorder.[/QUOTE]
Now I feel like an idiot. Oh well, I just assumed it had to be when you pre-order it.

Thanks for the info though, I'll know that for next time.

I have a theory that you need to have your unlocked membership at the time your points clear because I didn't have my membership renewed by time I picked up my preorder and I renewed the day after I picked up my preorder but I still got my bonus points

For the people who have preordered bioshock: have you guys received the Industrial Revolution DLC? My receipt said within 24 hours and its been 2 days...

[quote name='Quagmilion']For the people who have preordered bioshock: have you guys received the Industrial Revolution DLC? My receipt said within 24 hours and its been 2 days...[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine one evening and received it the next morning, so it took roughly 12 hours or so to get the code. Might be worth calling up BBY because they say it can take 24-48 hours and you'll be past that timeframe by now.

[quote name='Dund3r']I ordered mine one evening and received it the next morning, so it took roughly 12 hours or so to get the code. Might be worth calling up BBY because they say it can take 24-48 hours and you'll be past that timeframe by now.[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

Interesting situation. My God of War Ascension points were pending and then I checked today and my pending points were 1000 less, but my point total did not go up. I checked my transaction history and God of War is just flat out gone....

I call RZ cause I have never seen that before, she is really confused as well, she had never seen anything like it. She saw that it was pending and then just poof gone. So she was sorry for what happened but had no idea what happened. So she issues me 1500 points for the issue.

Just a heads up for others.

[quote name='Lemstar']I had that happen once to a game that should have had 1000 points pending. It showed up again the next day.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm interesting, kind of feel bad now...I had never seen it before and if she told me it would be back to normal soon I would have been fine with that, but it was just really confusing to me.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Interesting situation. My God of War Ascension points were pending and then I checked today and my pending points were 1000 less, but my point total did not go up. I checked my transaction history and God of War is just flat out gone....

I call RZ cause I have never seen that before, she is really confused as well, she had never seen anything like it. She saw that it was pending and then just poof gone. So she was sorry for what happened but had no idea what happened. So she issues me 1500 points for the issue.

Just a heads up for others.[/QUOTE]

how does everyone get reps that just randomly issue points? Anytime I have a problem they tell me they will create a report and send it to the back office and they will get back to me in 1-2 weeks

Can you use your BB credit card to do it? If I still need to sign up for the gamer club, can I do it tomorrow (Monday) and pre order it the day before and still get the $20?

Had so much trouble canceling my store preorder for Gears. Hopefully there will be an actual sale for Bioshock and not one of those preorder sales so I don't get som bullshit denied PM.

Chatted with a BB CS on the Live Chat. She said that since im Silver, the points take 60 days to post, but i tried to tell her its cause I used gift cards on the purchase and it was making the promo pop.

[quote name='strait edge follower']my god of war points are still pending. do i really have to wait 30-35 days after pickup ? :([/QUOTE]For the points to appear? Maybe.

Before calling someone at BBY and complaining about it? Yes.

[quote name='strait edge follower']my god of war points are still pending. do i really have to wait 30-35 days after pickup ? :([/QUOTE]
You will only have to wait up to 20 days now due to the new return/exchange policy.

So I got an e-mail saying Bioshock will be ready for pick up tomorrow but when I check the order status page it says it's ready to pick up now.

PS. I got an e-mail this morning saying I got a credit applied to my order - I'm assuming it was for price matching Gears of War (that was on the same order) to Newegg. Not sure how this works though. it says I have "Digital Dollars & Credits" whatever that means.

[quote name='Ric Flair']My 1000 points finally showed up as pending this morning or Gears of War Judgment. Just now checked again and they're gone. What gives?[/QUOTE]

That has happened to me a couple of times in the past. The pending points should pop back up in a day or so. The RWZ site can be very screwy at times, but it usually sorts itself out in the end. So no need to worry.

Preordered Bioshock on Friday and I just got an email saying it shipped today (Hopefully it comes no later than Thursday). I also got two emails for the industrial revolution, so was I suppose to get two codes and does the email for the ingame sniper come tomorrow or when the game reaches my house?

[quote name='Gamer4life88']That has happened to me a couple of times in the past. The pending points should pop back up in a day or so. The RWZ site can be very screwy at times, but it usually sorts itself out in the end. So no need to worry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the site is a bit odd. I just checked and mine weren't there but it did pop up asking if I wanted to do a survey so I filled it out and told them about this - no idea if they'll listen but it's there anyway.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Preordered Bioshock on Friday and I just got an email saying it shipped today (Hopefully it comes no later than Thursday). I also got two emails for the industrial revolution, so was I suppose to get two codes and does the email for the ingame sniper come tomorrow or when the game reaches my house?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you need two codes. One is for the mini-game where you can unlock stuff in game and the other is for the Sniper Rifle. At the site they send you to it will ask what platform you'll play on and then enter the code - then it will give you an Xbox Live (or Steam or PSN I would guess) code to enter in on your console/PC to actually unlock the items in game.

[quote name='Mugatu']Yes, you need two codes. One is for the mini-game where you can unlock stuff in game and the other is for the Sniper Rifle. At the site they send you to it will ask what platform you'll play on and then enter the code - then it will give you an Xbox Live (or Steam or PSN I would guess) code to enter in on your console/PC to actually unlock the items in game.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks. I was thinking of selling the code, but I'll hold on to it for now. The dlc is just for an extra skin and enhancing the damage for the sniper correct?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Wow, thanks. I was thinking of selling the code, but I'll hold on to it for now. The dlc is just for an extra skin and enhancing the damage for the sniper correct?[/QUOTE]

I'm not 100% sure, the site is a bit hard to understand, for me at least. From what it looks like, and I might be wrong, the sniper code gets bundled in with the Industrial Revolution pack that everyone gets for pre-ordering (so basically it gives you a code for IR with the snipe rifle) so if you sell the code you might also lose the IR pack but I'm not 100% sure about this.

I don't think the Industrial Revolution DLC is the same as the sniper rifle DLC. Every retailer is giving out the IR DLC while BB's unique DLC is the sniper rifle. It will most likely be a code that is printed and emailed at the time of pickup like the past titles they've been promoting with preorder bonuses.

I think somebody mentioned awhile ago that only one of the IR codes were working and that the other was a dud.

im almost done with that industrial revolution game. im at level 22 at work, and it is just getting boring. i suppose all these bonuses im unlocking get carried over in game. also Vox Populi forever!

Been on the phone with BB for 30 minutes over this Crysis 3 shit. Got the stock email saying it was invalid because I used a GC/RZCert. Fighting tooth and nail over this bullshit. Directed the lady to the forum FAQ and she still won't do shit. Won't hand me over to a supervisor, and only wants to deny me or open another ticket.

She said the FAQ doesn't apply. And for future reference that the promo won't apply if I use a GC/RZCert. What a bunch of bs.

Supposed to pick up Bioshock tomorrow and had planned on using RZ certs but hell, I don't know if I want to go through this again.

Kianda was my CS rep so avoid her.

*edit - well after 35 minutes of me not getting off the phone she finally relented and gave me the 1000 points. A "one time doing me a favor" type thing. I'm still having her supervisor call me back.

[quote name='Corvin']Been on the phone with BB for 30 minutes over this Crysis 3 shit. Got the stock email saying it was invalid because I used a GC/RZCert. Fighting tooth and nail over this bullshit. Directed the lady to the forum FAQ and she still won't do shit. Won't hand me over to a supervisor, and only wants to deny me or open another ticket.

She said the FAQ doesn't apply. And for future reference that the promo won't apply if I use a GC/RZCert.

What a bunch of bs.

Supposed to pick up Bioshock tomorrow and had planned on using RZ certs but hell, I don't know if I want to go through this again.

Kianda was my CS rep so avoid her.[/QUOTE]

That is BS. I used a $20 certificate for Tomb Raider and I received my bonus points for that purchase with no hassle. I preordered the game online for in-store pick up.

Just keep trying. Hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back