Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 1000pts pending from bioshock. But I didn't preorder and I'm not a gamer unlocked member lol. I hope it sticks.

I finally called again today and got my account adjusted for my missing Tomb Raider points. Had to get transferred twice.... The first 2 agents kept telling me I wasn't eligible for the $20 certificate because I paid with gift card and rz certificates..... Obviously that is 100% false.

[quote name='Donut2922']i guess you didn't keep up with this thread. My story was that I didn't renew my GCU until after I picked up my preorders but before points cleared and I got my bonus still.

If GCU isn't renewed by then, you probably won't be getting your points. So you might as well re-up.[/QUOTE]

They actually showed up again and I haven't re-upd yet. Probably wont until a good deal pops up or I Pre-order GTA V.

I never got my BioShock mini game pre-order bonus. I just got one code to enter on Xbox Live which I think is for the gun.

Any idea what I should be looking for? I checked my spam mail and nothing there.

I preordered Bioshock online this time. I couldn't be happier. It came Friday, non silver, I got all my codes via email Monday or Tuesday. Also my points are pending probably won't clear for awhile but nothing I'm worried about. I may take this route more often. Instore is usually a headache everytime I go in there.

[quote name='DDustiNN']I never got my BioShock mini game pre-order bonus. I just got one code to enter on Xbox Live which I think is for the gun.

Any idea what I should be looking for? I checked my spam mail and nothing there.[/QUOTE]

It should be a BBY email that says to enter this code at finkindustries.com (something like that).

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']I preordered Bioshock online this time. I couldn't be happier. It came Friday, non silver, I got all my codes via email Monday or Tuesday. Also my points are pending probably won't clear for awhile but nothing I'm worried about. I may take this route more often. Instore is usually a headache everytime I go in there.[/QUOTE]

Can you check how much they charged you? They only charged me $46 on both my CC and myrz.com. Not complaining as my points are pending also. Just weird to see. Was wondering if they did a pre purchase automatic PM to a lower price as I never called to PM it to one of the deals as I didn't want to hassle with something out of PM policy. Never had one go through properly so that's why I'm wondering

Is anyone still waiting for their $20 back from Gears of War?

Don't know why everyone is bitching about their points from Bioshock...hasn't even been a week!

My bioshock points posted on friday and i preorder monday night. I got 2 gun codes though but it's no big deal. I locked in a trade in to amazon for $43 so it's a free rental of a great game.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']It should be a BBY email that says to enter this code at finkindustries.com (something like that).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I never got that... Only got one email with an Xbox code :(

[quote name='Jimmienoman']I just checked my CC statement for this month. They only charged me $46.39 for Bioshock Infinite.

Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

I was charged twice, not sure what's going on with that

PS3-BIOSHOCK INFINITE PREMIUM 1 6970146 $40.69 $40.69
PS3-PREORDER BONUS BIOSHOCK IN 1 6993329 $2.55 $2.55
Subtotal $43.24
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax $3.35
Total $46.59

PS3-BIOSHOCK INFINITE PREMIUM 1 6970146 ($40.69) ($40.69)
PS3-BIOSHOCK INFINITE PREMIUM 1 6970146 $74.99 $74.99
Subtotal $34.30
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax ($0.38)
Total $33.92

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I was charged twice, not sure what's going on with that

Subtotal $43.24
Total $46.59

Subtotal $34.30
Total $33.92[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. Are you also one of the people that have 2000 bonus points pending instead of just 1000?

How come my account got a 15 dollar certificate that says -750 and now my gears of war pre order has 1000 points but does not say pending. Did I only get $15 for gears or did I get free points for something?

[quote name='pacino408']How come my account got a 15 dollar certificate that says -750 and now my gears of war pre order has 1000 points but does not say pending. Did I only get $15 for gears or did I get free points for something?[/QUOTE]

Maybe you returned something and you were in the negative on points? Is that even possible?

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I was charged twice, not sure what's going on with that

Subtotal $43.24
Total $46.59

Subtotal $34.30
Total $33.92[/QUOTE]

It looks like you paid less than $79.99 actually for the premium edition unless there is something else i'm missing.

I haven't returned anything to Best buy this year. It's my first time using this pre-order deal and have had GCU for 2 years. They usually give my friend a 20 dollar code in his account.

[quote name='lwhitit']Maybe you returned something and you were in the negative on points? Is that even possible?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='pacino408']I haven't returned anything to Best buy this year. It's my first time using this pre-order deal and have had GCU for 2 years. They usually give my friend a 20 dollar code in his account.[/QUOTE]

That is a weird one, without looking @ your RZ account not sure what else it could be. If you check with BB they will prob tell you to wait the 35 days out before any kind of resolution so I think you are stuck in wait and see mode.

Not a GCU member and didn't pre-order, but bought Bioshock Infinite Tuesday and I also see 1000 points pending for me. So any idea what's going on if I do get them hey free money is fine with me.

[quote name='Blade3D']Never got a industrial revolution code, messaged on forums. Apperently the publisher ran out and they gave me 1600 MSP.[/QUOTE]

What? I messaged them early friday morning and was able to get one, would have much preferred a $20 PSN card or 1600 MS point card or something along those lines.

[quote name='shady520']What? I messaged them early friday morning and was able to get one, would have much preferred a $20 PSN card or 1600 MS point card or something along those lines.[/QUOTE]

I just messaged them on Sunday. I was definitely happy with 1600 MSP, they said it was so I could get the season pass but doubt ill spend the points on that.

Well, I had my first real issue getting the bonus points since I started doing this fall of '11. My Revengeance pickup never posted at all. I tried doing the automatic missing point thing but it claimed the points were there even tho there was no sign of the transaction (let alone the points). Waited well over a month to call just so they wouldn't give me that "it takes time for them to post" crap. The guy was very nice and he added the points - BUT he claimed that from here on out, you cannot earn any points at all, normal OR bonus points through promotions, if you pay w/ gift cards or RZ certs. I call BS on this, especially since the FAQ in the OP says the exact opposite. But all of this changing they're doing has me wanting to start looking elsewhere for my deals... Almost tempted to cancel my Last of Us preorder which is the last one I have right now.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I had my first real issue getting the bonus points since I started doing this fall of '11. My Revengeance pickup never posted at all. I tried doing the automatic missing point thing but it claimed the points were there even tho there was no sign of the transaction (let alone the points). Waited well over a month to call just so they wouldn't give me that "it takes time for them to post" crap. The guy was very nice and he added the points - BUT he claimed that from here on out, you cannot earn any points at all, normal OR bonus points through promotions, if you pay w/ gift cards or RZ certs. I call BS on this, especially since the FAQ in the OP says the exact opposite. But all of this changing they're doing has me wanting to start looking elsewhere for my deals... Almost tempted to cancel my Last of Us preorder which is the last one I have right now.[/QUOTE]

I am going to think that this is just an uninformed employee. I have 2000 points on judgement. (Idk why just been that way for a while). I paid fully with a gc.

[quote name='StryderOmega']I am going to think that this is just an uninformed employee. I have 2000 points on judgement. (Idk why just been that way for a while). I paid fully with a gc.[/QUOTE]

I second that, they are idiots and that is putting it lightly. My bioshock infinite points are pending already and I used $40 in rewardzone points and $4 from the pitch in card on it.

Had to call and talk to a CSR about MGS:R points not posting. She was adding it up and instead of giving me 1000 points ($20) she said 2000 while adding up my points. I didn't really even catch it until after she was done and saying need help with anything else/thank you.

Great way to start off the week I guess :p

I had a weird issue at Best Buy today. Though maybe something changed and you guys can fill me in, but they told me they don't price match Gamestops pricing. Guy who maybe was a manager told the girl who was waiting on me to look up the price on Amazon and fortunately it was the same price so they matched it, but I could have sworn I've price matched Gamestop in the past. Let me know what there policy is if you can so I don't try to do that if that's not the case. Thanks.

[quote name='deyanks98']I had a weird issue at Best Buy today. Though maybe something changed and you guys can fill me in, but they told me they don't price match Gamestops pricing. Guy who maybe was a manager told the girl who was waiting on me to look up the price on Amazon and fortunately it was the same price so they matched it, but I could have sworn I've price matched Gamestop in the past. Let me know what there policy is if you can so I don't try to do that if that's not the case. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

They should be able to price match local Gamestop brick and mortar store prices, but they're not obliged to price match Gamestop website prices. It's not one of the online retailers they price match.

[quote name='theeipi']that was emailed, it wasn't inside the box?[/QUOTE]

It was a preorder bonus, not a pack-in first run bonus.

So yes, it wasn't inside the box.

[quote name='argyle']Well, I had my first real issue getting the bonus points since I started doing this fall of '11. My Revengeance pickup never posted at all. I tried doing the automatic missing point thing but it claimed the points were there even tho there was no sign of the transaction (let alone the points). Waited well over a month to call just so they wouldn't give me that "it takes time for them to post" crap. The guy was very nice and he added the points - BUT he claimed that from here on out, you cannot earn any points at all, normal OR bonus points through promotions, if you pay w/ gift cards or RZ certs. I call BS on this, especially since the FAQ in the OP says the exact opposite. But all of this changing they're doing has me wanting to start looking elsewhere for my deals... Almost tempted to cancel my Last of Us preorder which is the last one I have right now.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the issue I'm having with Tomb Raider, which I paid with RZ certs. The missing points link tells me the points are there, but the transaction is not listed. I'm waiting out the 35 days and then I'll call.

[quote name='Blade3D']Never got a industrial revolution code, messaged on forums. Apperently the publisher ran out and they gave me 1600 MSP.[/QUOTE]

You got the better deal, that's enough for the Season Pass.

[quote name='deyanks98']I had a weird issue at Best Buy today. Though maybe something changed and you guys can fill me in, but they told me they don't price match Gamestops pricing. Guy who maybe was a manager told the girl who was waiting on me to look up the price on Amazon and fortunately it was the same price so they matched it, but I could have sworn I've price matched Gamestop in the past. Let me know what there policy is if you can so I don't try to do that if that's not the case. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Well generally the prices on the website are prices in the store. I had BB pm GS about a week ago by showing them the online price on my phone, but the cashier was wary and called the manager and he said yes, GS isn't even in their system as a competitor, but the GS was like less than a mile from the BB.

They should do it if you have a GS locally...makes no sense why they wouldn't

I got charged $5 for the DLC and I took it in and complained to the manager and what she did was she said she price matched it for $5 off.. I told her to make sure not to return it because then I wouldn't receive my 1,000 points, she was pretty clueless what that meant but she said "i'm just doing a pricematch"

When I look at my receipt it says: PRICE MATCH at the top

but underneath it says:
return items bioshock $79.99
sale items bioshock: $74.99
total: -5.38

is this what a price match is supposed to say? I'm afraid of the part where it says "return"

I had to call Customer Service again for the 2/19 Crysis 3 and MGR credits (this is my third call for this). After the first two calls, only 1000 points had posted. I couldn't tell which game the points had come from since these purchases are inexplicably not in my history (just says 1000 point customer satisfaction adjustment). When I called this time, the rep said the points for Crysis 3 had posted, but there was nothing for MGR. She had trouble even finding my MGR purchase... I had to read to her the customer service pin off my receipt. So now I should be getting the other 1000 points.

*sigh* BB preorders used to work nicely.

[quote name='lilman']I had to call Customer Service again for the 2/19 Crysis 3 and MGR credits (this is my third call for this). After the first two calls, only 1000 points had posted. I couldn't tell which game the points had come from since these purchases are inexplicably not in my history (just says 1000 point customer satisfaction adjustment). When I called this time, the rep said the points for Crysis 3 had posted, but there was nothing for MGR. She had trouble even finding my MGR purchase... I had to read to her the customer service pin off my receipt. So now I should be getting the other 1000 points.

*sigh* BB preorders used to work nicely.[/QUOTE]
I bet your 1000 points went to those CAGs that got 2000 points for each game :lol:

In a seriousness though, yeah, I could not understand why this is so hard for their system, it should be no more than a hundred lines of code.

Anyone else get a ready for pickup email for Dead Island. I got 3 emails. 2 notifying me of release date change and another one to come pick it up.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I got charged $5 for the DLC and I took it in and complained to the manager and what she did was she said she price matched it for $5 off.. I told her to make sure not to return it because then I wouldn't receive my 1,000 points, she was pretty clueless what that meant but she said "i'm just doing a pricematch"

When I look at my receipt it says: PRICE MATCH at the top

but underneath it says:
return items bioshock $79.99
sale items bioshock: $74.99
total: -5.38

is this what a price match is supposed to say? I'm afraid of the part where it says "return"[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem as you, but they did a "price correction". Bit it also states "return items" like yours.

I have still have the 1000 pending for Bioshock, so you should be ok? I hope ?

[quote name='panda911']Anyone else get a ready for pickup email for Dead Island. I got 3 emails. 2 notifying me of release date change and another one to come pick it up.[/QUOTE]

What's the new release date? I thought it was 4/23.

[quote name='panda911']Anyone else get a ready for pickup email for Dead Island. I got 3 emails. 2 notifying me of release date change and another one to come pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I just preordered yesterday for shipping. I got the release date change email an hour or so ago followed by an email saying my item is backordered and should arrive between April 11-22.

I checked online and now Dead Island is not available for shipping.

[quote name='nuuuuj']What's the new release date? I thought it was 4/23.[/QUOTE]

Today and they say it's ready for pick up. I was going by today anyway so I'll try to pick it up.

[quote name='panda911']Today and they say it's ready for pick up. I was going by today anyway so I'll try to pick it up.[/QUOTE]

Is that official or is that just what BB is telling you? Because every other retailer still has 4/23.

[quote name='nuuuuj']Is that official or is that just what BB is telling you? Because every other retailer still has 4/23.[/QUOTE]

Even BBY website still says 4-23, but this is an email like all the other ready for pick up emails I've ever gotten. Maybe they got it in today and they're not street dated? Although 3 weeks sounds like a long time to have a product in stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back