Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dund3r']Any Day 1 deals out there on Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'd really like to find it somewhere for $50. This might be the last game I buy on Day 1 for a long time now that Best Buy's policy will change on the 19th for Silver members.[/QUOTE]

I already gave up. Bioshock was the last gasp for me. We had a good run BB.... we had a good run.

yeah same here. bestbuy has been awesome past few years. i still have tons of credit i need to burn off, but i have a 2-3 backlog that i should try to knock out a bit.
i still have fallout 3 i bought ps3 exclusively for and still havnt touched it, omg.

[quote name='Velo214']
i still have fallout 3 i bought ps3 exclusively for and still havnt touched it, omg.[/QUOTE]
That certainly is an odd choice. It's usually build a PC for Fallout 3.

I'm confused at why so many of you are swearing off best buy and day 1 purchases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BB is practically the only store still consistently running pre-order credit for games. For me the math is simple; buying a game day 1 for $60 ($50 pretty much as we've been getting quite a few release window price matches), with $20 credit and trading it in while still at high market value for $30+ beats buying the game at $30-40 down the line with no credit and a tanked trade value.

Maybe its because I almost never have a backlog, so I actually get games on release and play them then and I trade in almost everything; getting robbed of 6-8 games at one point set me on that path. They might be downsizing their games department but till the final nail is driven in with no more pre-order credit, I'm still on board.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']^ I'm still on board too, and I hope they add some more games to this promo.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I have done almost every 360 release thru them. (Exception being bioshock infinite and GTA V.) Both games I can wait for price drops for either way.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']^ I'm still on board too, and I hope they add some more games to this promo.[/QUOTE]
Still in for Last of Us and GTA V.

The only unreleased game in this promo that's a must-have for me is The Last of Us, the Survival Edition of which I already have preordered online with Expedited shipping. There is zero chance that I'll be trading that one in, so I have no regrets.

I also have a $10 preorder for GTA V that I might cancel based on how the gameplay looks once we get a peek at it.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']
@Stryder. I agree with you about Red Dead and LA Noire. After playing those and GTA, I officially started avoiding them (Rockstar). Feels like the same boring game in a different setting with every game. They should try making good gameplay and fix the controls.
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Read Dead Redemption, the GOTY is on sale (DOTD) for 14.99 for anyone that wants it.

PS3

[quote name='Dund3r']Any Day 1 deals out there on Injustice: Gods Among Us? I'd really like to find it somewhere for $50. This might be the last game I buy on Day 1 for a long time now that Best Buy's policy will change on the 19th for Silver members.[/QUOTE]I've been laying the groundwork to preserve my 60 day pm & it's been quite easy. Now that the system has finally updated I'm silver thru 2015 & as long as the 60 day return policy remains they will pm thru 60 days. All 8 stores said the return/rebuy won't be needed which keeps all the promos/bonuses in effect. I'd suggest others try & keep good standing with reps who do the overrides & you may also have no issues going forward either.

I will play it by purchase. If the promos go off flawlessly, then I will continue to go to Best Buy. If not, Target offers 90 day return policy and price matching.

Personally, I and the employees at my local Best Buy don't believe they will continue this new policy for that long as their competitors still offer long return policies and recently added price matching.

[quote name='lordopus99']I will play it by purchase. If the promos go off flawlessly, then I will continue to go to Best Buy. If not, Target offers 90 day return policy and price matching.

Personally, I and the employees at my local Best Buy don't believe they will continue this new policy for that long as their competitors still offer long return policies and recently added price matching.[/QUOTE]

I think they recently changed that to 30 days for returns. PMs are 15 days too at Target iirc.

[quote name='tk_tymes']I'm confused at why so many of you are swearing off best buy and day 1 purchases. Correct me if I'm wrong, but BB is practically the only store still consistently running pre-order credit for games. For me the math is simple; buying a game day 1 for $60 ($50 pretty much as we've been getting quite a few release window price matches), with $20 credit and trading it in while still at high market value for $30+ beats buying the game at $30-40 down the line with no credit and a tanked trade value.

Maybe its because I almost never have a backlog, so I actually get games on release and play them then and I trade in almost everything; getting robbed of 6-8 games at one point set me on that path. They might be downsizing their games department but till the final nail is driven in with no more pre-order credit, I'm still on board.[/QUOTE]

Amazon also does the $20 credit deal (sometimes). It is still the best deal if you want to make day 1 to day 29 purchase but it is no longer a no-brainer required purchase because we lose the PM. I do the same thing with console games (I currently own zero games for xbox) and the deal was great to get new releases and plow through them. I think my attitude on the promo has changed because the next game on the list I want doesnt come out till September. Maybe by then things will change around in a positive way.

[quote name='Enuf']I've been laying the groundwork to preserve my 60 day pm & it's been quite easy. Now that the system has finally updated I'm silver thru 2015 & as long as the 60 day return policy remains they will pm thru 60 days. All 8 stores said the return/rebuy won't be needed which keeps all the promos/bonuses in effect. I'd suggest others try & keep good standing with reps who do the overrides & you may also have no issues going forward either.[/QUOTE]

The best part of this promo for me was the ability to do everything online or over the phone. I could order online, get the PO bonuses emailed and the game was dropped off on release day. PM was super easy because I could do it with a quick phone call from work. I know i am spoiled because a BB is 2 miles away from my house but I would need to order, pickup and PM the games from the store.

[quote name='lordopus99']
Personally, I and the employees at my local Best Buy don't believe they will continue this new policy for that long as their competitors still offer long return policies and recently added price matching.[/QUOTE]

As soon as it comes back I will be there but I think this is the way it is going to be for a while.

So aren't you supposed to see the promo for this listed when you check your points and purchases? I pre-ordered Last of Us when I renewed my sub and wonder if I should go back and cancel/re-reserve just in case. I paid half gift card, incase that makes a difference at all. My buddy just got screwed twice recently with this promo so I don't want to go through that much crap just to get my 20.00 back, I can wait for the $40 sale 2 weeks later at that pace.

[quote name='jdirtybird32']So aren't you supposed to see the promo for this listed when you check your points and purchases? I pre-ordered Last of Us when I renewed my sub and wonder if I should go back and cancel/re-reserve just in case. I paid half gift card, incase that makes a difference at all. My buddy just got screwed twice recently with this promo so I don't want to go through that much crap just to get my 20.00 back, I can wait for the $40 sale 2 weeks later at that pace.[/QUOTE]

The Last of Us isn't out yet...

[quote name='jdirtybird32']So aren't you supposed to see the promo for this listed when you check your points and purchases? I pre-ordered Last of Us when I renewed my sub and wonder if I should go back and cancel/re-reserve just in case. I paid half gift card, incase that makes a difference at all. My buddy just got screwed twice recently with this promo so I don't want to go through that much crap just to get my 20.00 back, I can wait for the $40 sale 2 weeks later at that pace.[/QUOTE]

The last of us will be the last game to get a $20 drop in 2 weeks. PS exclusives are usually the slowest games to drop. You should wait till 5 days after you receive the game before you worry about the purchase not showing up, no need to worry.

I haven't look through the post lately and I've been really busy too post but last week April.2nd to be exact, I got my $20 RewardZone Certificate from purchasing Gears of War: Judgment. Confused but not complaining that I got it 2weeks after release but thought I would post :)

Haven't seen any posts on this lately: Anyone who purchased God of War get there points. Specifically, did anyone have there god of war points show up as pending, then disappear, and still not have them come back? That is the case for me but I still have a few days before calling will do anything.

I also still have 2000 points pending for Bioshock, so technically I have the correct number of points pending, but I really doubt both of those 1000 point listings will clear.

[quote name='mpaullin']Haven't seen any posts on this lately: Anyone who purchased God of War get there points. Specifically, did anyone have there god of war points show up as pending, then disappear, and still not have them come back? That is the case for me but I still have a few days before calling will do anything.

I also still have 2000 points pending for Bioshock, so technically I have the correct number of points pending, but I really doubt both of those 1000 point listings will clear.[/QUOTE]

My whole purchase from God of War is missing. I had called on an unrelated note and the tossed that in there, the woman said she still saw it there as pending...so hopefully it works out.

Hmmm just seen something weird. I had the correct 1000 points pending for Bioshock before they did their day long maintenance yesterday and now that I check my account, I have 2000 points pending. Oh BB, how you love me...if it clears :bouncy:

[quote name='tk_tymes']Hmmm just seen something weird. I had the correct 1000 points pending for Bioshock before they did their day long maintenance yesterday and now that I check my account, I have 2000 points pending. Oh BB, how you love me...if it clears :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Is the mysterious 1000 attached specifically to Bioshock Infinite? If it is than chances are pretty good. If not, then you will probably lose it.

I've had both cases happen to me, except on my Gears preorder.

[quote name='lwhitit']The best part of this promo for me was the ability to do everything online or over the phone. I could order online, get the PO bonuses emailed and the game was dropped off on release day. PM was super easy because I could do it with a quick phone call from work. I know i am spoiled because a BB is 2 miles away from my house but I would need to order, pickup and PM the games from the store.

As soon as it comes back I will be there but I think this is the way it is going to be for a while.[/QUOTE]I never liked online ordering since I'd prefer the cash back instantly vs waiting for it to be posted to my card. My local stores are extremely close(1 BB in each direction from my house & 4/5 in my work travels) so gas/time was never a worry.
I don't think this change will stand long plus I hope to have a soltion posted on the BB ideax forums w/i a week. From my experience if a better financial option(s) can be presented they will find a "better" way. It's clear this change will hurt them in both the short & long run but they don't see it yet.

So anyone know how long the Tomb Raider $50 BBY sale will last? And what are the chances it'll hit $40 BBY for a one time post PM for Silver? We've got 3 wks left.

[quote name='Pounce!']So anyone know how long the Tomb Raider $50 BBY sale will last? And what are the chances it'll hit $40 BBY for a one time post PM for Silver? We've got 3 wks left.[/QUOTE]

It last like every other sale. 1 week. Ends on Saturday.

Chances of dropping lower? I didn't risk it. $10.80 back is better than $0.

After the long maintenance I noticed a had an odd extra 1000 points pending, and what do you know, it was for my missing 2/19 purchase of crysis3.

I hadn't gotten around to bothering them about it yet. Although odd that's it's pending considering its a purchase from almost 2 months ago

That happened to me as well. My purchase of Metal Gear and Game of Thrones are now pending. They already gave me the 1000 for Metal Gear because it didnt clear after 35 days so im going to wait and see if I still get that, lol.

i still have the mystery 1000 points along with my bioshock points. theres a chance it might acually go through ! oh and for the guy above me asking i got my god of war points on time. hope you get yours soon

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

My local Best Buy, which I dislike going to overall, but did a wonderful thing for me earlier in the week (transferring a 16GB Vita card from Iowa to my local Florida store so I can buy it), so I figured I'd give them a chance.

Go in there to price match Tomb Raider to $50 from $60 and they tell me I can't because I used Rewards and it's double dipping. WHAT THE fuck!!! So now I am on the phone with RZ Premiere Silver to help with this situation that should not have even happened.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

My local Best Buy, which I dislike going to overall, but did a wonderful thing for me earlier in the week (transferring a 16GB Vita card from Iowa to my local Florida store so I can buy it), so I figured I'd give them a chance.

Go in there to price match Tomb Raider to $50 from $60 and they tell me I can't because I used Rewards and it's double dipping. WHAT THE fuck!!! So now I am on the phone with RZ Premiere Silver to help with this situation that should not have even happened.[/QUOTE]
wow, transferring from another state, that is going above, and beyond.

[quote name='YBX87']wow, transferring from another state, that is going above, and beyond.[/QUOTE]

Trust me I agree 100%, I was blown away by the willingness of the employee to help with this, especially for such a small price item. That's why I figured let's give that store another chance.

The woman at RZ called the store...they told her no....The Store Told a Best Buy Reward Zone Representative NO! She apologized, couldn't understand it, and gave me 1000 points as an apology, made a case, and is transferring me to store complaints.

Just went to pre-order Injustice but the store pickup option is not available. Did they change it so you have to pre-order so many days in advance to select store pickup? The last games I pre-ordered from BB were MGR and Crysis 3 and those both had the pickup option up til the last minute. If I can't do a pickup I might just forego the RZ cert and get the game at Wal-Mart when I get off work Tuesday at 5am instead of waiting for BB to ship it.

[quote name='Killbomb']Just went to pre-order Injustice but the store pickup option is not available. Did they change it so you have to pre-order so many days in advance to select store pickup? The last games I pre-ordered from BB were MGR and Crysis 3 and those both had the pickup option up til the last minute. If I can't do a pickup I might just forego the RZ cert and get the game at Wal-Mart when I get off work Tuesday at 5am instead of waiting for BB to ship it.[/QUOTE]
sometimes they cut off the date for online pickup option, i suggest you go to the store, if you have intention of preorder this game.

[quote name='YBX87']sometimes they cut off the date for online pickup option, i suggest you go to the store, if you have intention of preorder this game.[/QUOTE]

I checked the Best Buy forums and someone had already posted about Injustice not being available for pickup. If they don't reactivate it by Sunday, I'll try calling or going to the store.

[quote name='Deader2818']I Noticed that as well for Dragon's Dogma. Won't let me do a store pick up for it.[/QUOTE]
are you talking about dragons dogma arisen, or the regular dragon dogma, because the regular dragon dogmas had been almost cleaned out since almost a month ago. From the last rewardzone offer, which discount it down to the price $15.

[quote name='Deader2818']I Noticed that as well for Dragon's Dogma. Won't let me do a store pick up for it.[/QUOTE]

I added the SKUs for Dark Arisen to the relevant thread in the BB forums.

awesome, thank you. i used to not pre-order online because id rather do PMing in store but now that I can't do it with other retailers, might as well just make it easier.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The woman at RZ called the store...they told her no....The Store Told a Best Buy Reward Zone Representative NO! She apologized, couldn't understand it, and gave me 1000 points as an apology, made a case, and is transferring me to store complaints.[/QUOTE]

How many customer satisfaction points have you rack up this year?

Gonna play russian roulette on tomb raider pm. I have 4 bby sunday ads to see if they go again $50 or less under silver. The current sale isn't even in print and SE sales disappointment lead to a hopeful drop. I want new release $20 games!

Looks like I finally got my points for MGR today. I got an email for a $25 gift certificate and when I checked my account, MGR is now finally listed with my purchases, as before it was missing. Not sure why I got a $25 certificate (as I didn't have 250 points on my account, but I'm not complaining). I didn't expect this to come in as I called about my missing points last week and was issued a $20 certificate.

[quote name='strait edge follower']still have my mystery 1000 points[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up guys. My Bioshock Infinite points just posted. Got my purchase points plus 2000 points. Guess those mystery points actually went through.

Yeah, nothing had posted for me in the last few days but it all went through at midnight.

4700 points in a day, lol.

Yes, also confirming the 2000 from Bioshock.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Yeah, nothing had posted for me in the last few days but it all went through at midnight.

4700 points in a day, lol.

Yes, also confirming the 2000 from Bioshock.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit! breakdown? Got the 2000 from Bioshock over here too btw

[quote name='DCpinoy']Just a heads up guys. My Bioshock Infinite points just posted. Got my purchase points plus 2000 points. Guess those mystery points actually went through.[/QUOTE]

All 2,000 went through for me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back