Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Injustice on Tuesday and I already got my $20 certificate. After reading a lot of this thread, I was really surprised it was there already.

[quote name='Hemi']I'm a little worried, on the 12th it's showing I bought Bioshock Infinite Limited Ed on the myrz page at my local store (I DEFINATELY did not). They must of used a GC or SOMETHING as the total is 22.xx but WTF? Could this just be a glitch as I have my RZ membership card, It's always with me, I never write it down, and most of all HOW...??? What would someone possibly gain from this?

Has anyone ever had a purchase of a game they didn't buy pop up?[/QUOTE]

Well...this is interesting. I was out of town when Bioshock came out so I had a friend pick up my preorder. He said the cashier was an older lady and my friend had to repeat my phone number (for RZ login) multiple times for her to get it. Then, when I get home, I noticed that my receipt didn't have the right RZ number for the purchase. I'm thinking that cashier didn't get the right phone number. So I worked it out with the RZ Customer service and got it fixed to my account but I wondered if it credited someone else's account too. I don't think it could be yours though because I didn't get the limited edition and my total was $60. But maybe something similar happened to you?

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, myrewardzone doesn't show any purchase on 4/1. I'm hoping that I'm not just out $20.

[quote name='dkl415']Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately, myrewardzone doesn't show any purchase on 4/1. I'm hoping that I'm not just out $20.[/QUOTE]

I thought that is what you meant. All hope is not lost. Call the store you bought the game at ASAP. Tell them what day, register, and approx what time you bought the game at so they can look up the receipt. As far as I can recall the have the ability to pull up the receipt, but it may have been far too long since the date of purchase to do that.

If that gets no results, post on the official Best Buy forums about your situation and hopefully they can work with you.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub

Supposedly I never got my $20 certificate for Tomb Raider because I bought it on release date, despite me ordering it like right after midnight and they still had the preorder for in store pick up purchase link as well as the product page was still promoting the $20 bonus for it.

[quote name='ghettoqball']I picked up Injustice on Tuesday and I already got my $20 certificate. After reading a lot of this thread, I was really surprised it was there already.[/QUOTE]

You mean pending right? My pts are pending already just in case anyone's wondering, this is the 1st time I've seen it pending this fast after picking it up on release day.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I thought that is what you meant. All hope is not lost. Call the store you bought the game at ASAP. Tell them what day, register, and approx what time you bought the game at so they can look up the receipt. As far as I can recall the have the ability to pull up the receipt, but it may have been far too long since the date of purchase to do that.

If that gets no results, post on the official Best Buy forums about your situation and hopefully they can work with you.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/bd-p/gamersclub[/QUOTE]

Great. Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

[quote name='dkl415']i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

It's been 2.5 weeks with no pending points, and I usually get them by now. I'm going to wait to call Best Buy until a full month, since I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

My problem is that I threw away my receipt by accident. Is there a way, either in person or over the phone, to verify my purchase? I found on my credit card statement the transaction, but I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming points don't come through by the end of the month).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I mentioned it a hundred times on this website already but as long as they included your Reward Zone # at the time of pickup you will be fine. the Reward zone website interface is not always updated with the master database that customer service sees.

this explains why a lot of people calling to CS and they say that they see the transaction fine even though it doesn't show up on the website.

[quote name='Donut2922']I mentioned it a hundred times on this website already but as long as they included your Reward Zone # at the time of pickup you will be fine. the Reward zone website interface is not always updated with the master database that customer service sees.

this explains why a lot of people calling to CS and they say that they see the transaction fine even though it doesn't show up on the website.[/QUOTE]

Not always true. My God of War CE was there like normal, then a week or two later it disappeared. I tried adding it via customer service pin, said it was already there. 40 days or so later the transaction is still missing from my account and the points never credited. Called the other day, they are looking into it. We'll see what happens.

Might have to give CS a call/post in the forums. Still have yet to receive my welcome packet and I renewed on 1/22.
Also need to try and get credited for the $50 I wasted by "pre-ordering" a phone. They gave me a $50 gc for the preorder and told me I had to come back and pay the remainder. When I went in today, they charged me 200+ tax. Even after asking them 4 times if the gift card was promotional, and that I'd only owe them the remainder. They also refused to give me a free screen protector that was free with the phone purchase from the website. I figured that was the least they could do.

So a mod got back on the BB forums about my missing Welcome Kit. Well his answer was to send me a link to a Welcome Kit I could print off. That would have been great except for the fact that the COUPONS EXPIRE ON APRIL 30TH. What an insult to give me coupons that expire in 10 days. Needless to say I'm not happy and I sent a message back to the mod that it was not right.

[quote name='finsfan0210']So a mod got back on the BB forums about my missing Welcome Kit. Well his answer was to send me a link to a Welcome Kit I could print off. That would have been great except for the fact that the COUPONS EXPIRE ON APRIL 30TH. What an insult to give me coupons that expire in 10 days. Needless to say I'm not happy and I sent a message back to the mod that it was not right.[/QUOTE]

This makes me wonder if they just have a batch of these hidden links every month or so, that anyone can access, but you have to find it.

[quote name='Vigilante']Destructoid review of Dead Island: Riptide, courtesy of Sterling (no wait, come back and read it!): http://www.destructoid.com/review-dead-island-riptide-252112.phtml

5/10 and apparently the original Dead Island could be considered better due to Riptide having problems that patches fixed for the original DI? Yikes.[/QUOTE]

Well, here's hoping the review copy is messed up. (This happens from time to time)

Also, I am not too worried about it as I know most issues will be patched. It will probably sit on my backlog for a bit anyway as I am playing some RPG's that I had picked up recently.

[quote name='finsfan0210']So a mod got back on the BB forums about my missing Welcome Kit. Well his answer was to send me a link to a Welcome Kit I could print off. That would have been great except for the fact that the COUPONS EXPIRE ON APRIL 30TH. What an insult to give me coupons that expire in 10 days. Needless to say I'm not happy and I sent a message back to the mod that it was not right.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I messaged him back asking for different ones and he said I could either wait a bit for the next batch to be released or take a $50 gift card. Naturally I took the gift card.

[quote name='mpaullin']Same thing happened to me. I messaged him back asking for different ones and he said I could either wait a bit for the next batch to be released or take a $50 gift card. Naturally I took the gift card.[/QUOTE]:shock: Man, I hope I get a similar offer when the mod I PMed about the same issue (asked for Welcome Packet, received link to coupons, they expire 4/30) responds...

[quote name='Vigilante']:shock: Man, I hope I get a similar offer when the mod I PMed about the same issue (asked for Welcome Packet, received link to coupons, they expire 4/30) responds...[/QUOTE]

I had the same offer about my welcome packet that never showed up. Of course, I took the gift card.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Just a question about the welcome packs - Do they still come with the B2G1 on free games?[/QUOTE]Yes, with the condition that their price is $39.99 or lower.

[quote name='Vigilante']Destructoid review of Dead Island: Riptide, courtesy of Sterling (no wait, come back and read it!): http://www.destructoid.com/review-dead-island-riptide-252112.phtml

5/10 and apparently the original Dead Island could be considered better due to Riptide having problems that patches fixed for the original DI? Yikes.[/QUOTE]
Well, since it was essentially $20 after the newegg PM, we can afford to wait for patches I guess.

Heh, it looks like that review wasn't supposed to be uploaded yet, judging from what appears now when you click the link: "You can't look into the future". :lol:

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']What exactly is the dead island riptide special edition? Are they just calling the standard copy that or what are the extras? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

• Alternate Character Skins
  • BBQ Blade Weapon Mod
  • XP & Stats Booster and Shop Discount
  • Digital Strategy Map

Well my Dead Island RT points plus bonus are pending already. While everything seems good on that end, I think I do have a problem. I checked my order and it doesn't list the steelbook. Considering all my other orders with pre-order bonuses list the bonus with the order. I think I may not be receiving it.

So my question to anyone who ordered it, does your order list the game and the steelbook?

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']What exactly is the dead island riptide special edition? Are they just calling the standard copy that or what are the extras? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

I think all standard version of DI:R at launch are "Special Editions" sort of the LE for DS3 and Hunter Edition for Crysis 3.

[quote name='solidus_00']Well my Dead Island RT points plus bonus are pending already. While everything seems good on that end, I think I do have a problem. I checked my order and it doesn't list the steelbook. Considering all my other orders with pre-order bonuses list the bonus with the order. I think I may not be receiving it.

So my question to anyone who ordered it, does your order list the game and the steelbook?[/QUOTE]
When I checked my order details on Bestbuy.com, it said the game + "Dead Island Riptide Steelbook Case (Gift with Purchase)".

So is Dead Island Riptide for $30 a good deal? i got the 1st one for like $5-10 eventually (2 copies cuz co op isn't local, argh) but the leaked reviews are pretty bad. idk.

also just got bioshock pm'd $10 back, and god of war pm'd $20 back. woot

[quote name='Velo214']So is Dead Island Riptide for $30 a good deal? i got the 1st one for like $5-10 eventually (2 copies cuz co op isn't local, argh) but the leaked reviews are pretty bad. idk.

also just got bioshock pm'd $10 back, and god of war pm'd $20 back. woot[/QUOTE]

to $50?

[quote name='TooPoor']Well, since it was essentially $20 after the newegg PM, we can afford to wait for patches I guess.[/QUOTE]What was the newegg offer?

I'm all over the TRU $15 GC pm to get Dead Island for $35. BB matched the buy 1 get 1 50% off target offer I ended up with 2 copies of Injustice, Ni No Kuni & Bioshock they took $30 off Bioshock & one of the injustice's. Hella of deal snce I already sold the 1st bioshock to a GS manager for $50.

If only target, kmart & Gamestop would keep up with the GC deals too or at least more b2g1's and/or % off deals.

[quote name='Enuf']What was the newegg offer?[/QUOTE]$10 off -> $39.99 total for DI: Riptide + $20 in RZ certificates -> $20 essential cost (if PMed Newegg deal via phone for online preorder)

[quote name='Vigilante']$10 off -> $39.99 total for DI: Riptide + $20 in RZ certificates -> $20 essential cost (if PMed Newegg deal via phone for online preorder)[/QUOTE]Not bad funny thing is me getting a pre-order pm is very YMMV as in 0% but I can get the GC one no problem. But even so $35 day- $20 RZ cert is $15 so I'll live.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']Reviews are so bad, ughhh. Not sure if it's even worth the hassle picking it up considering the Premier Silver PM grace period is over.[/QUOTE]

I'm returning mine after reading some reviews, game sounds terrible and broken.

Wait 7 days for pickup + 15 pm days = 22 days for a possible $40 (-20rzgc)? So 3 sunday ads to see if it drops since reviews are mediocre.

I enjoyed Dead island, and bought without hesitation after watching that masterful trailer. Man, was it pretty deceiving. Going into the game I figured you'd build a bond with the characters, get a meaningful storyline out of it. But it was just a fetch this, kill that sort of game. Still fun with friends, just wasn't worth the retail price.

Only reason I didn't pre-order Riptide was because I'm on longer GCU. I was fairly positive they would at least fix the bugs that screwed the first one. Guess in the end, I'm glad I waited, thanks for posting the review up. Can we hopefully see this for $15 by the end of the year then?

Yeah I can wait for Riptide to hit $15 for sure. Very disappointing they do not address the technical issues of the first. I could care less about the story in a game like this but if it is a chore to play then why bother.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Yeah I can wait for Riptide to hit $15 for sure. Very disappointing they do not address the technical issues of the first. I could care less about the story in a game like this but if it is a chore to play then why bother.[/QUOTE]A bit off-topic, but...I feel like I need to start a campaign or something about this phrase: It's "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less"! You're saying that you actually care about the story a lot and you have the ability to care less about it, whereas if you "couldn't care less", then there's no way you could care any less about it than you do currently.

So, so many people make this mistake... :wall:

[quote name='Vigilante']A bit off-topic, but...I feel like I need to start a campaign or something about this phrase: It's "I couldn't care less", not "I could care less"! You're saying that you actually care about the story a lot and you have the ability to care less about it, whereas if you "couldn't care less", then there's no way you could care any less about it than you do currently.

So, so many people make this mistake... :wall:[/QUOTE]

If you know the history of this phrase then you would know that it is the more common way to imply dissatisfaction in the American vernacular. It is just as silly as stating couldn't care less when I don't care is what you should say. In common speech could care less has come to mean a sarcastic disapproval of something while only the most uptight of grammar police still correct people.

[quote name='cancerman1120']If you know the history of this phrase then you would know that it is the more common way to imply dissatisfaction in the American vernacular. It is just as silly as stating couldn't care less when I don't care is what you should say. In common speech could care less has come to mean a sarcastic disapproval of something while only the most uptight of grammar police still correct people.[/QUOTE]Ah, my apologies. I didn't know that. #-o

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Oh yeah, need to call for the Bioshock PM. Is today the last day to do that for basic members who picked it up on launch day?[/QUOTE]

The last day was April 15th; basic is only 15 days.

[quote name='Vigilante']Ah, my apologies. I didn't know that. #-o[/QUOTE]

Oh I did not mean to be so harsh. You are correct though. Logically it makes no sense. The phrase has become so common (good or bad) that it has become known to mean the same as couldn't care (even though it does not). It falls into that place like "head over heels" where the implied meaning and logical structure are at odds. I wish I was more refined in my grammar usage but TV has most likely ruined any chances of that. :) I will remember couldn't care less now but will most likely fall back into old habits.

Anyone know if they are adding games to this promotion? I was told a month or so ago by an employee that they were. A friend of mine was also told the same thing at a different location. They both said they would be adding games to this promotion in April since it has been doing well for them. Anybody else heard anything about games being added?

Quick question, am I safe in assuming that the special editions of Riptide are basically just another way of marketing the first run copies? (i.e, all of the bonuses will be packaged in the game) Similar to Crysis 2 LE, etc?

[quote name='nuuuuj']Quick question, am I safe in assuming that the special editions of Riptide are basically just another way of marketing the first run copies? (i.e, all of the bonuses will be packaged in the game) Similar to Crysis 2 LE, etc?[/QUOTE]

This is correct.

An update on my missing receipt. I called and was left on hold for half an hour so I just went to the store in person. In about 30 seconds, an employee reprinted the receipt. All she needed was the credit card I had paid with.

I went on myrewardzone to register it, and the site says it's already been applied to my account. Maybe it'll show within the next week or so? If not, at least I have the receipt to contest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back