Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I appreciate the help.

The other question I have is this: Can I redeem my preorder at a different best buy store than the one I preordered at?

The Best Buy I preordered Dead Island Riptide at has horrible customer service and a despicably horrendous manager. I don't want to get into the whole story, but I vowed to myself that I would never go to this shitty Best Buy again when there are 4 other good Bestbuy stores in reasonably easy driving distance. I completely forget that my October 2012 Dead Island preorder receipt was from this shit ass store.[/QUOTE]
no, you cannot.

The other question I have is this: Can I redeem my preorder at a different best buy store than the one I preordered at?

The Best Buy I preordered Dead Island Riptide at has horrible customer service and a despicably horrendous manager. I don't want to get into the whole story, but I vowed to myself that I would never go to this shitty Best Buy again when there are 4 other good Bestbuy stores in reasonably easy driving distance. I completely forget that my October 2012 Dead Island preorder receipt was from this shit ass store.[/QUOTE]

Sadly no, the only way to do that would be to cancel a pre-order (which the other store can do "remotely") and replace the pre-order at their store, but since Riptide came out already it cannot be pre-ordered again.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Sadly no, the only way to do that would be to cancel a pre-order (which the other store can do "remotely") and replace the pre-order at their store, but since Riptide came out already it cannot be pre-ordered again.[/QUOTE]
unless some customer service rep over at corporate is willing to work it out with you, lol. Since some many ppl like to boast about their extremely ymmv experience/ deals.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Sadly no, the only way to do that would be to cancel a pre-order (which the other store can do "remotely") and replace the pre-order at their store, but since Riptide came out already it cannot be pre-ordered again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I had a feeling that's how it worked.:cry: I'll be 5 minutes away from that shit store tomorrow when I'm running errands, so I'll go to the gaming department and attempt to pickup my preorder. If it doesnt work, I'll wait for Dead Island Riptide to hit that $25 pricepoint someday ($49.99 MSRP - $5 preorder - $20 rewardzone certificate = $25 to me). I think I remember the original Dead Island taking a really really really long time to hit $20 though.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks. I had a feeling that's how it worked.:cry: I'll be 5 minutes away from that shit store tomorrow when I'm running errands, so I'll go to the gaming department and attempt to pickup my preorder. If it doesnt work, I'll wait for Dead Island Riptide to hit that $25 pricepoint someday ($49.99 MSRP - $5 preorder - $20 rewardzone certificate = $25 to me). I think I remember the original Dead Island taking a really really really long time to hit $20 though.[/QUOTE]
riptide still has a lot of bug/glitches, so you are better off waiting for the $25 or below price, if you have to. if you are patient enough, it will probably end up being $7.99 at black friday a year from now at bestbuy

[quote name='YBX87']riptide still has a lot of bug/glitches, so you are better off waiting for the $25 or below price, if you have to.[/QUOTE]

You are definitely right about that. Have you run in to any of the glitches yourself? I'm just curious about what to expect.

I played the first game after the most recent patch and it was still glitchy as hell. I liked the game very much and it was really my first RPG(ish) experience, but the glitches were extremely annoying.

My cousin and I are playing the game now. I am unsure how far into it we are, but we just got to the second town in the first zone. We haven't encountered a single glitch or issue yet. The only thing I noticed was during the opening cut-scene the lip sync was completely out of sync. Annoying yes, but not game breaking at all.

Otherwise I am having a blast playing it. An 8MB patch was out by Wednesday, not sure if that fixed a lot of the glitches as I started playing it after the patch was released, but so far so good.

Yes. I went to a different store for Injustice. They just scanned the barcode total came to $60 w/2dlc and my bonus pts are pending. All I see a trouble would be the agent forcing u to go to the original store (and turning away a store sale seems stupid)

[quote name='StryderOmega']Well that's why, lol. Steelbook offer ended on or before Jan.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no. The offer is still up on BestBuy.com. Hell you go buy a copy right now and still get the steelbook. Put the game in your cart and the steelbook is added automatically for free.

Anyhow the reps on their forums came through once again. They easily cleaned this mess up. The rep asked for the order number, after looking it over told me that I should have gotten the book. Had no idea why I didn't. Apologized for that, apologized for the phone CS lack of competence in the matter. Told me that they'll ship out a steelbook asap to me, already got the email confirmation on it.

I don't know why I even call the phone CS anymore.:lol:

The Best Buy I preordered Dead Island Riptide at has horrible customer service and a despicably horrendous manager. I don't want to get into the whole story, but I vowed to myself that I would never go to this shitty Best Buy again when there are 4 other good Bestbuy stores in reasonably easy driving distance. I completely forget that my October 2012 Dead Island preorder receipt was from this shit ass store.[/QUOTE]Just purchase the game at the other store & get a refund for the pre-order once you get the $20.

[quote name='finsfan0210']Got my 1000 points today for Dead Island Riptide. That's the fastest I've ever gotten them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all my points posted for Dead Island today, too. I preordered for shipping on April 1.

Just pricematched my Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite orders to Amazon. 39.99 an 49.99 respectively. The CSR put me on hold 5 different times to come up with various reasons they couldn't do it. But she finally did it, only as a giftcard though to be mailed in 1-2 weeks.

Hoping to do injustice on Sunday as well.

[quote name='tlwizard']Just pricematched my Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite orders to Amazon. 39.99 an 49.99 respectively. The CSR put me on hold 5 different times to come up with various reasons they couldn't do it. But she finally did it, only as a giftcard though to be mailed in 1-2 weeks.

Hoping to do injustice on Sunday as well.[/QUOTE]

Well she was right to want to refuse you. If you bought the games at launch or anytime before today, you can't PM competitors prices post-purchase. PMing competitor prices can only be done at the point of sale.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']You get $20 with a normal purchase and no preorder!?[/QUOTE]You can pre-order the game at any BB but that doesn't mean you have to purchase it from the ame store you pre-ordered it at. I've done several pre-orders in NJ but I actaully purchased the game in PA or DE. I don't worry about getting the $5 refunded from the pre-order until I go back to the original store. This has never affected any of my $20 RZ.

[quote name='tlwizard']Just pricematched my Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite orders to Amazon. 39.99 an 49.99 respectively. The CSR put me on hold 5 different times to come up with various reasons they couldn't do it. But she finally did it, only as a giftcard though to be mailed in 1-2 weeks.

What did you say when she quoted the official policy on you?

Why did you PM to Amazon, aren't they both currently that price at Best Buy?

[quote name='Dund3r']Well she was right to want to refuse you. If you bought the games at launch or anytime before today, you can't PM competitors prices post-purchase. PMing competitor prices can only be done at the point of sale.[/QUOTE]My understanding is that the policy at time of purchase has to stay in effect. The pricematching policy that was in effect when I purchased it was 60 days for Premiere silver members. (which I am.)

Just because they have an upcoming policy change, the policy change takes effect on that day and cannot be retroactive. Let's say I buy something on April 14 with a 30 day return policy. On April 15, they initiate a 15 day return policy. I don't suddenly only have 14 days left on my April 14 purchase. The purchase is a contract held to the terms and conditions in effect on the day of purchase. For Premiere Silver members, the policy change went into effect on April 18th. Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite came out a month before that. Injustice came out two days before so it should still be applicable for that.

[quote name='TooPoor']What did you say when she quoted the official policy on you?[/QUOTE]Basically what I said above. I just said, when I purchased this item the current policy was 60 days to pricematch to a certain set of retailers since I'm premiere silver.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Why did you PM to Amazon, aren't they both currently that price at Best Buy?[/QUOTE]You're right. I didn't even notice that. Huh. Might have made it easier.

[quote name='tlwizard']My understanding is that the policy at time of purchase has to stay in effect. The pricematching policy that was in effect when I purchased it was 60 days for Premiere silver members. (which I am.)

Just because they have an upcoming policy change, the policy change takes effect on that day and cannot be retroactive. Let's say I buy something on April 14 with a 30 day return policy. On April 15, they initiate a 15 day return policy. I don't suddenly only have 14 days left on my April 14 purchase. The purchase is a contract held to the terms and conditions in effect on the day of purchase. For Premiere Silver members, the policy change went into effect on April 18th. Gears of War and Bioshock Infinite came out a month before that. Injustice came out two days before so it should still be applicable for that.

Basically what I said above. I just said, when I purchased this item the current policy was 60 days to pricematch to a certain set of retailers since I'm premiere silver.

[/QUOTE]

Um what?
Best Buy's policy change went into effect March 3rd for all. This policy change includes the fact that you can only PM competitors at the point of sale and not post-purchase. GOW:J and Bioshock Infinite released on March 19 and March 26, respectively.

"At the time of purchase, we (Best Buy) will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers:..."

Best Buy's policy for Silver members is "Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

In review: Yes, you do have 60 days to pricematch.
No, you can't pricematch "a certain set of retailers" post-purchase after March 3rd.

Is this really that complicated? :wall:

He probably saw the 60 days after purchase price match extension for silver members but didn't bother reading the rest where it states it only applies to "Best Buy's prices." :roll:

[quote name='htz']He probably saw the 60 days after purchase price match extension for silver members but didn't bother reading the rest where it states it only applies to "Best Buy's prices." :roll:[/QUOTE]

Either way, he did match it to BB technically, but a much harder route.

[quote name='Dund3r']Um what?
Best Buy's policy change went into effect March 3rd for all. This policy change includes the fact that you can only PM competitors at the point of sale and not post-purchase. GOW:J and Bioshock Infinite released on March 19 and March 26, respectively.

"At the time of purchase, we (Best Buy) will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers:..."

Best Buy's policy for Silver members is "Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 60 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or before April 18, 2013. Reward Zone Premier Silver customers will receive a 15 day post purchase price match to Best Buy's prices for purchases that occur on or after April 19, 2013."

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat297300050000.c?id=pcmcat297300050000

In review: Yes, you do have 60 days to pricematch.
No, you can't pricematch "a certain set of retailers" post-purchase after March 3rd.

Is this really that complicated? :wall:[/QUOTE]As I said above, it was my understanding, not fact. Whenever I called for previous price matches, CSRs always told me that starting April 18th things would change for my orders. Now I know I better. Thanks.

Either way, I was coming back to post that I successfully pricematched Injustice to the TRU price.

Anyone know how to cancel an in store preorder? The guy at BB said I preordered DI: Riptide too long ago to cancel and get a refund. Did it on 9/9.

[quote name='tlwizard']
Either way, I was coming back to post that I successfully pricematched Injustice to the TRU price.[/QUOTE]
Silvers can still do this? What is this sorcery???

Went in and successfully PM'd Injustice from Toys R Us. Walked out and realized the girl did a return rebuy instead of a regular price match. Sigh, guess I will be on the phone with customer service (again) in a few weeks.

[quote name='joeyshadows']Anyone know how to cancel an in store preorder? The guy at BB said I preordered DI: Riptide too long ago to cancel and get a refund. Did it on 9/9.[/QUOTE]
You would need an manager override to do that. I pre-ordered Diablo 3 months before release and decided to switch to the collector's edition. Being such an old receipt and the game not coming out yet; the manager did an override to get me a refund.

If that doesn't work try to get refund at a different Best Buy or post a message at the Best Buy forums. Picking up the game now with the pre-order receipt and returning it after should work too.

I'm starting to see indications that people got their 1000 points for Dead Island already, but has anyone that ordered the Rigor Mortis edition seen them pending yet?

I noticed on the May 12 Injustice will be 49.99. Technically those of us who are silver member still have 60 days pm for purchase before the April 19. Think it will go lower or just take the 10 pm?

Anyone know when the Last of Us demo is available to play off of GoW: Ascension ?

Would like to play the demo to determine if I want to pre-order.

Has anyone who pre-ordered in store gotten their Dead Island Riptide points pending yet? Mine still aren't showing up as pending so I'm starting to worry that maybe something went wrong.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Anyone know when the Last of Us demo is available to play off of GoW: Ascension ?

Would like to play the demo to determine if I want to pre-order.[/QUOTE]

I have seen two different dates. The 7th and the 31st.

[quote name='aircobra']I have seen two different dates. The 7th and the 31st.[/QUOTE]

thanks for response would prefer 7th :D so I have time to actually try it.

Hi, I pre-ordered The Last of Us a few months ago. The thing is, I can't seem to find my receipt and for some reason my pre-order doesn't show up in the points and purchases section of the Reward Zone website. Is there any way they can look up my pre-order when I try and pick it up? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='Oi Stino']Hi, I pre-ordered The Last of Us a few months ago. The thing is, I can't seem to find my receipt and for some reason my pre-order doesn't show up in the points and purchases section of the Reward Zone website. Is there any way they can look up my pre-order when I try and pick it up? Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah they will just look it up under your account. This happened with my God of War CE and had no problems.

[quote name='dramasetter929']My gamer unlocked expires on Monday and I don't plan on renewing it. I have also preordered Last of Us last month. Will I be eligible for he $20 RZ or not?[/QUOTE]
You will not be eligible. You need to an Unlocked member at the time of purchase.

If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-P...er/pcmcat264800050003.c?id=pcmcat264800050003

[quote name='Xellos2099']Goddamn it I was thinking of preordering the The Last of Us: Survival Edition from best buy.com and it is sold out online...[/QUOTE]
they always do that with collectors/special editions for games. After the game release date, they all magically appeared as available on the website again.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Any ideaif i can still preorder it at store?[/QUOTE]
you are going to need to head to your local store to find out.

Unlocked pre-order bonus has been great, but now that the list has become so short, I was hoping BB would add a few more games to the list like Metro Last Light...haven't seen any deals on this yet.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Goddamn it I was thinking of preordering the The Last of Us: Survival Edition from best buy.com and it is sold out online...[/QUOTE]

fuck! I was putting off placing a preorder until I got $60 in rewards certz for it.

Wait can you pre-order online and get the RZ points? I'm going to be on vacation when Last of Us comes out and I won't have access to any best buys but I want my game and RZ points

[quote name='Ashtaar']Wait can you pre-order online and get the RZ points? I'm going to be on vacation when Last of Us comes out and I won't have access to any best buys but I want my game and RZ points[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does work. Make sure you add your RZ number to the Best Buy online account settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back