Best Buy Upgrade & Save - 01/08/12 to 01/28/12.

chatgirl4

Banned
Thanks to Taco5 for posting next weeks ad, which confirms the sale will begin on 1/8 & last through 1/28.

Offer excludes Music titles but any TV/Blu-Ray movie priced $9.99 or higher is included.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312851

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I think when Sunday rolls around if you just go to the BB site and sort the BR by price.

Here is a link to all the $9.99 movies. It's actually the $7.99-9.99 price, but sorted high to low.

Here is a link to all the $10-$14.99 movies sorted by low to high.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mr_bungle']I took 3 DVDs and got a kindle fire with Kung fu panda 3D, sopranos season 1, and entourage season 7, but I was in a rush and noticed they only knocked 5 off of KFP -_- oh well.[/QUOTE]

KFP isn't on sale anymore so the price would be $29.99. Didn't realize it was only a 2 day sale when I went in to get one today.

And I tried a PM then attempted to use the $5 coupon on some other movies and the computer wouldn't allow it :cry:

[quote name='coopscohen']KFP isn't on sale anymore so the price would be $29.99. Didn't realize it was only a 2 day sale when I went in to get one today.

And I tried a PM then attempted to use the $5 coupon on some other movies and the computer wouldn't allow it :cry:[/QUOTE]

Well that sucks. I was hoping to replace my HP dvds by price matching the blus to walmart.

[quote name='blindinglights']Went to two stores, selection was awful. There were actually big empty sections on every rack except the family movies. Half the movies I wanted weren't in stock, but I still managed to pick up 12 blus. [/QUOTE]

Same thing happened last year at the same time. Best Buy does not stock up on Blu-Rays, CDs, and video games because they are having to go through inventory. The stores really stock up in the months of November and December for the holidays and let the supply dwindle through the months of January and February.

[quote name='kliiez8']"Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?"

This was marked at $37.99 at my BB, but rang up for $12.99 before $5.00 upgrade coupon. So happy I can retire my non-anamorphic DVD now.[/QUOTE]

ITS A SWEATER!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va6XgYFtc8o

I picked up 40yo Virgin, Raging Bull, Close Encounters and Apollo 13. May swing back Friday and trade some more junk in.

Picked up "Three Amigos" today. Did not get much this go around. I'm hoping that after this is over they bring back the $5.00 off $14.99 promo again.

[quote name='Taco5']Picked up "Three Amigos" today. Did not get much this go around. I'm hoping that after this is over they bring back the $5.00 off $14.99 promo again.[/QUOTE]

All this talk about the "Three Amigos" is making me want to pick up a copy

[quote name='coopscohen']All this talk about the "Three Amigos" is making me want to pick up a copy[/QUOTE]

It's well worth it! Get it!

[quote name='cplater']What a P.I.T.A. Even though the ad shows Braveheart as $4.99 with the coupon, the *MANAGER* insisted that the coupons could not be used for "discounted" items. After some gentle push back, they manually adjusted the prices to reflect the $5 discount.

When trading in the DVDs they did check to see that they were all original discs, and not DVD+-Rs. You can use the coupons on any BluRay, assuming they don't reject the coupons on "discounted" items.[/QUOTE]

I just received a call from the store manager to let me know that it was a national problem, and hoped that my future experiences in the store would be better. SERIOUSLY? This is the kind of crap that makes me hate Best Buy. I wish they had some credible competition.

[quote name='buster90']Just saw that the Harry Potter movies were added for $9.99 except for Deadly Hollows part 2. Great deal for those interested.[/QUOTE]

So they are $5 after coupon? Never seem them....

[quote name='roger watersmelon']That's the reason I picked up a copy today. :D[/QUOTE]

I picked up the Three Amigos finally. I love how the price sticker says $37.99. Who would have bought that movie for that much.

[quote name='WV Matsui']What's the order of the HP movies?[/QUOTE]I am not proud that I know this:

Sorcerer's Stone -> Chamber of Secrets -> Prisoner of Azkaban -> Goblet of Fire -> Half-Blood Prince -> Order of the Phoenix -> Deathly Hollows (Pts. 1 & 2)

:wall:

[quote name='Vigilante']I am not proud that I know this:

Sorcerer's Stone -> Chamber of Secrets -> Prisoner of Azkaban -> Goblet of Fire -> Half-Blood Prince -> Order of the Phoenix -> Deathly Hollows (Pts. 1 & 2)

:wall:[/QUOTE]

I feel like there are tons of people who would know that, so there's not much to feel bad about. It was one of the biggest book and movie phenomena of the past decade after all.

Order of the Phoenix came before The Half-Blood Prince.

no offense but you should be ashamed you got it wrong

Well, time to go through my Amazon inventory and pull any of the DVD's that have tanked to "break-even" prices. I've been wanting to pick up the Harry Potter series for awhile now, and this is as good a time as any. And as luck would have it, my nearest BB has them all showing in-stock.

Went to get in on the HBO deals that end today... Treme was out of stock, but the sales rep let me know that they could order it for me, and take the $5 upgrade discount off of that price :)

They were also OOS on the Game of Thrones sampler, which was ordered along with Treme.

Anyone know how long the HP movies are on sale?

Watched the first one and my wife and I loved it. Might pick up all of them!

Picked up 5 more movies today. I don't think I'm going to find any others that I want since the stores don't seem to be re-stocking anything. Total haul was 16 movies. I guess I'll hold on to my remaining DVDs in hope they do this again and have a few more good $5 blu deals.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Can you retune an unopened one with receipt for another and still get the discount or no?[/QUOTE]

probably not

Has anyone been able to trade in more than 5 DVDs at once? In the paper it says 5 maximum trade-ins at a time, but I want to trade in my old HP from Sorcerer's stone to Order of the Phoenix (5) and then trade Bullitt on DVD for an extra coupon and get Deathly Hallows Pt.1.
I really don't want to use the gas for an extra trip.

Thanks.

Grabbed Hall Pass and 40YOV today. They didn't have Knocked Up. I'll check again this week. The girl said they didn't give coupons, they just take it off when you buy more... Then she tossed the coupon in my bag, so I get an extra use tomorrow :)

[quote name='Smart Aleck']Has anyone been able to trade in more than 5 DVDs at once? In the paper it says 5 maximum trade-ins at a time, but I want to trade in my old HP from Sorcerer's stone to Order of the Phoenix (5) and then trade Bullitt on DVD for an extra coupon and get Deathly Hallows Pt.1.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you trade in 5 DVDs, go out to the parking lot, grab your other DVDs, and repeat? Most employees will probably let you do this as long as you do separate transactions.

Interesting thing today. When I went to trade in, the guy at the CS counter called for help and his supervisor told him that they don't have the sheet with the coupon tracking numbers, so to just use a certain generic number. Additionally, when I went to check out with 5 of the HP movies, the cashier handed me back the coupon and trade-in slip with my receipt. The whole time, the only thing he scanned was the one coupon card.

Theoretically, I'm guessing that I could go back and use this again? (not that I would, because that would be wrong)

[quote name='Smart Aleck']Has anyone been able to trade in more than 5 DVDs at once? In the paper it says 5 maximum trade-ins at a time, but I want to trade in my old HP from Sorcerer's stone to Order of the Phoenix (5) and then trade Bullitt on DVD for an extra coupon and get Deathly Hallows Pt.1.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Best way to get away with more than 5 is to go in, get the DVDs stickered at the door and pick up all the movies you want and then go to customer service. In my experience, when it's all in front of them, the customer service reps have been less likely to enforce the limit if you have more than five.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I traded 6....didn't know there was a limit as I didn't read the ad that closely. The guy mentioned the 5 limit, but just gave me 6 coupons anyway.

But if you have any issue you should be able to leave and come back. Or worst case come back another day or go to a different store if you have multiple ones nearby.

FYI for people getting a lot of HP blus. Amazon uk has a nice region free set of all 8 movies for a little over $40 shipped. It is 11 disks total.

[quote name='orangecrush']FYI for people getting a lot of HP blus. Amazon uk has a nice region free set of all 8 movies for a little over $40 shipped. It is 11 disks total.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm might go with that then and just return my one I picked up today. Even though I have a $25 cert. I have $50 in Amazon credit.

Link crush?

Got all 8 Harry Potter movies (my dad just wanted to get it over with). Guy at the door was a bit of a prick, but the girls at CS came through.

Who would have guessed that 2 transactions would have gotten it done, LP guy?/sarcasm

Picked up 4 more movies today! Forgetting Sarah marshall (Bluray/DVD combo), The Killer Inside Me, American Beauty, pride and prejudice (Bluray/DVD combo) for $21.XX :)

pretty ridiculous they set some Blu's at 9.75.. though they could put them at 9.98..

Because of everyone talking about it, I bought Three Amigos and am so glad I did.

It's better than I thought it was back then, Martin Short is quoted in the booklet saying it was ahead of it's time because comedies like it are so en vogue right now, he's totally dead on.

I grabbed all of the $9.99 Harry Potter Movies today, I need to find a cheap price on the last 2 that weren't on sale. I even got excited to see that the Deathly Hallows Part 1 had a DVD and digital copy only to find the digital copy was already expired. Thats my third of fourth trip there and my collection is getting filled in nicely with all these $9.99 Blu's

Got home and opened my bag and the customer service representative put all the coupons she used for my purchase in the bag even though she scanned them for the transaction. Time to see if Walmart accepts this as a competitor coupon. :)

[quote name='blindinglights']Got home and opened my bag and the customer service representative put all the coupons she used for my purchase in the bag even though she scanned them for the transaction. Time to see if Walmart accepts this as a competitor coupon. :)[/QUOTE]

I wish that would happen to me I am out of extra DVD's to trade in.

[quote name='blindinglights']Got home and opened my bag and the customer service representative put all the coupons she used for my purchase in the bag even though she scanned them for the transaction. Time to see if Walmart accepts this as a competitor coupon. :)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ajh2298']I wish that would happen to me I am out of extra DVD's to trade in.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm running out of DVDs to trade in for this promotion. I had to pick up some cheap ones from the Dollar Tree and thrift stores.

[quote name='WV Matsui']Yeah cheaper the BB route as they would all be $45 total[/QUOTE]

how do you get $45?

6 are $4.99 after coupon, 1 is $9.99, and other is $14.99. Itd be $55.

bread's done
Back