Best Buy - Xbox One - Titanfall console bundle $449.99

Damn, this is enticing. I do want this, but haven't bought a PS4 yet either. And don't want to own both. Tough decision. 

When did the deals section become the "I'm a dumb fanboy" section?
Since when does posting facts make one a fanboy? The xbone is a huge flop. Everyone knows this. Ignorant? I was a diehard xbox 360 gamer who switched to PS3. I loathe them for their business practices. Charging for headset adapters, forced kinect, forced ads with a paid subscription, need I go on? And as far as it flopping, THATS A FACT. The PS4 sells double the xbone consistently in the US alone, let alone worldwide. MS knows the xbone is hurting bad, so they're giving away anything they can to make a quick sale, it's clear as day. AND now price drops across the board? It's a fire sale already, four months are launch.

Since when does posting facts make one a fanboy? The xbone is a huge flop. Everyone knows this. Ignorant? I was a diehard xbox 360 gamer who switched to PS3. I loathe them for their business practices. Charging for headset adapters, forced kinect, forced ads with a paid subscription, need I go on? And as far as it flopping, THATS A FACT. The PS4 sells double the xbone consistently in the US alone, let alone worldwide. MS knows the xbone is hurting bad, so they're giving away anything they can to make a quick sale, it's clear as day. AND now price drops across the board? It's a fire sale already, four months are launch.

So by your logic PS4 is failing then? Last i checked PS4 isn't outselling Xbox One 2 to 1. Go look at the NPD #'s for February. Unless I'm blind PS4 didn't outsell Xbox One 2 to 1.,. It was actually quite close. With Xbox One being 100$ more expensive. I would say MS is doing good considering PS4 is 100$ cheaper in UK/USA at least. This was before the bundle came out also since the Bundle for Xbox One came out last week. Also before the price drops now which could just be temporary. If anything MS probably has upper hand more where they can do a price drop and I don't think Sony can do much because of their financial problems recently.
Only thing I'll agree with is that MS screwed up with Kinect, It should be same thing as 360 have a SKU without Kinect for 400$. As its never good business for competition to be the most expensive console. It would of been smart to have a system priced same as ps4. Can you imagine a 400$ Xbox One console? It probably be selling hotcakes and probably have a healthy lead in English countries at least. Outside English countries always be Sony territories.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, for someone that buy all my games from BBY why did I have to buy the bundle at Gamestop? I hope Gamestop goes on sale too, I'm sure I can convince the mgr to do a PM.

People who are saying the X1 is flopping needs to have their heads examined. Sure its not selling at the same pace as the PS4 but its not a flop by any means.

This "deal" isn't coming from Microsoft, it's coming from Wal-Mart. They bought a decent chunk of systems from Microsoft, and those systems aren't shifting as fast as they would like. So they're knocking a bit off the price to free up some shelf space in the slow video game shopping months.

It's not panic time, but it also doesn't look good for Microsoft. Wal-Mart is the largest video game retailer in the U.S. Their numbers matter more than any other brick-and-mortar retailer. A $50 discount isn't that big of a deal at this juncture, it's just 10% off, after all. But it is a bit telling to see it come shortly after the XBox One's tent-pole title came out. It's obvious that Titanfall isn't shifting units as well as Microsoft was expecting, despite it's near-universal critical praise. Respawn and EA will be fine once the 360 version of Titanfall launches, but the XBox One isn't going to be sold on Titanfall alone.

While this current Wal-Mart sale is a bit tempting, I still feel reluctance. If I got an XBox One now I would be able to try out Project Spark. But I'm not sure I want to be dropping this level of cash at the moment. And if the XBox One has trouble with its sales in the coming holiday season, it's likely I could pick one up for even less around Black Friday.
Richard Kain = the truth

People who are saying the X1 is flopping needs to have their heads examined. Sure its not selling at the same pace as the PS4 but its not a flop by any means.
I agree and console sales aren't everything? You think developers care about hardware sales no... They care about software sales and look at this.

USA Software by Platform

Platform

Weekly [SIZE=70%](change)[/SIZE]

Total

XOne

[SIZE=70%](+457%)[/SIZE]

X360

[SIZE=70%](+3%)[/SIZE]

PS3

[SIZE=70%](+20%)[/SIZE]

3DS

[SIZE=70%](+67%)[/SIZE]

Wii

[SIZE=70%](+6%)[/SIZE]

DS

[SIZE=70%](+8%)[/SIZE]

PC

[SIZE=70%](+79%)[/SIZE]

N/A

WiiU

[SIZE=70%](-9%)[/SIZE]

PS4

[SIZE=70%](-25%)[/SIZE]

PSV

[SIZE=70%](-3%)[/SIZE]

PSP

[SIZE=70%](+14%)[/SIZE]

Total

[SIZE=70%](+44%)[/SIZE]

Sure Xbox One is a flop eh? When its kicking PS4's ass in software sales, I know Titanfall just came out and this week Infamous does but even if you take Titanfall sales away, Xbox One software wise is beating PS4 by 1.1 million. This why I don't know why people think hardware sales is #1 reason system is doing well. IMO it isn't, software sales are by far more important.

Love how Everytime a thread like this is created it turns into a bunch of children bickering at one another. Makes me laugh.

Back on topic: if there were exclusives on x1 that I wanted to play I might bite at this price but I have my pc to play titanfall and pvz the only 2 games they have that I wanted right now. So I will wait until a later date.

Except that price adjust is only good for 15 days. 45 days is only for returns. And yes, I am elite plus.

And no you can't return using the old receipt once you open the console because BB records console serial numbers.
Yeah you are right, I used to work there before they changed policys from reward zone to my best buy.

Sunday is my birthday and i asked for BB GC, guess I can use them for games was going to put them towards the xbox

Assuming the number is true, a 90% increase over a small number is still a small number. ;)

To the point of Titanfall sales, I find it curious that EA/Respawn and MS haven't released any press yet to boast how sales went. They do that right after CoD releases. They do that right after BF4 releases. They do that right after Halo releases. The game released over a week ago. No press. Not a good sign, imo. (Granted it's a new IP...blah blah...still...)
The 360 release has yet to come so they could be waiting on that.

However, based on the recent insider source from 'famousmortimor' at GAF, EA had a closed doors meeting with Sony and said, "We're so fucking sorry, Sony" fwiw.

I'm considering jumping on this deal, but I already have a PS4 and a high end PC. I'm having a hard time justifying buying the XB1 since I looked through their upcoming games, and 99% of them are comping to either PC or PS4 too. I'm not a Halo fanboy, so that's not a system seller for me. I also already have Titanfall for PC, so I'd be selling the code. Need some advice here guys. What to do, what to do....

I'm considering jumping on this deal, but I already have a PS4 and a high end PC. I'm having a hard time justifying buying the XB1 since I looked through their upcoming games, and 99% of them are comping to either PC or PS4 too. I'm not a Halo fanboy, so that's not a system seller for me. I also already have Titanfall for PC, so I'd be selling the code. Need some advice here guys. What to do, what to do....
Personally if there are no games out or coming out soon you need or want then I say pass and wait until the next deal or price drop

This is the boat Im in. I would say hold off. PC has so much to play right now. Xbox has Dead Rising 3 and PS4 has Infamous? My PS4 is still in its box because I still have PS3 stuff and a high end PC.

Personally, if im spending money right now its on comic books. 500 for a Xbone is alot of trades and omnibuses/absolutes

Why would you buy a console you have 99% no interest in, by your own admission? You're asking random internet strangers to validate if you should purchase it. I believe you already know the answer.

Why would you buy a console you have 99% no interest in, by your own admission? You're asking random internet strangers to validate if you should purchase it. I believe you already know the answer.
Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was missing. I think you're right though, this will be a pass for me. Thanks anyway OP.

Tempted, but at this point I've gotta wait for the inevitable drop to $399. I would imagine it will be sooner rather than later. 

Crazy. I can't imagine it won't be $399 by November, if not sooner. If they really want to be aggressive, take Kinect out and sell it for $350.I think Kinect is like $80 of the cost anyway

What is Best Buys price adjustment policy? I bought a X1 last week for $499 and wondering if they will refund the $50.
I just got my price adjustment, picked mine up last Friday, they give you 15 days, but the store wasn't sure if this would be a one day sale or not. I had three options, just as a heads up: I return the X One, and buy it again for the price difference (I didn't choose this item in store, because it meant I would've been out almost $1000 while the card charge refund processed) or, and I had to call .Com for these two: they would mail me a giftcard that would take 2 business weeks, or I could have them initiate a refund to the account that would take 3-5 days. I chose the last one and got the refund to my account immediately.

Everyone was super nice during the whole thing, at the store they gave me the phone number to call since they understood I probably didn't want to be out a thousand bucks temporarily, and the guy on the phone was super pleasant.

I don't think Gamestop will price match, not with their 50% console bonus trade-in for new gen still up. Possible after Sunday they might?

I just got my price adjustment, picked mine up last Friday, they give you 15 days, but the store wasn't sure if this would be a one day sale or not. I had three options, just as a heads up: I return the X One, and buy it again for the price difference (I didn't choose this item in store, because it meant I would've been out almost $1000 while the card charge refund processed) or, and I had to call .Com for these two: they would mail me a giftcard that would take 2 business weeks, or I could have them initiate a refund to the account that would take 3-5 days. I chose the last one and got the refund to my account immediately.

Everyone was super nice during the whole thing, at the store they gave me the phone number to call since they understood I probably didn't want to be out a thousand bucks temporarily, and the guy on the phone was super pleasant.
Thanks man. You saved me a trip to Best Buy. I just called and got them to credit me the $50.

2 coworkers and a gym friend just bought this. Thanks OP!

And holy hell fanboy batman, XB1 doing exceptionally well is making a few insecure manchildren cry salty rivers of hyperbole and FUD. Take that shit back to n4g, Romeo.

I just wanted to point out that the internal posting at Best Buy stated that this was simply a market reaction for Best Buy's reduction.  It wasn't anything from Microsoft on our end.. it was simply because Wal-Mart did it.  Our price will go back up when Wal-Mart's does.  It seems that one retailer is setting the pace for everyone else in this situation.

And holy hell fanboy batman, XB1 doing exceptionally well is making a few insecure manchildren cry salty rivers of hyperbole and FUD. Take that shit back to n4g, Romeo.
N4g? Not sure why you're rehashing my posts, the xbone not doing well is a fact. No console in the history of launches ever dropped so fast and gave away so much, nor caused so much of an uproar. You'll find countless articles and even posts here stating the dislike for the console due to Microsoft business practices. That's why I loathe it so much. It isn't the system, it's the company behind it.

Xbone sales are doing exceptionally well? Then sales didn't have high expectations

Ugh.. a price drop already on a bundle that has been out 10 days??

It is selling pretty well from what I have seen.

Anything I can do on a amazon order and try to get $50 credited back or something?

I'm going to write them and see what I can do. 

feelsbadman.jpg

What's funny is how that one little factual line of mine made you spin it off into all that bullshit.

I'm not on anyone's payroll, being a loyalist/fanboy doesn't mean anything to me. I have no more to say since you've proved my original point which was fanboy bullshit doesn't belong in the deals section.

/done.

PS: doesn't matter how many consoles a company like MS sells... They aren't going away. Deal with it.

I first saw the news story about the Wal-Mart deal, and accidentally posted in the wrong thread. I didn't even know Best-Buy was matching this deal. The fact that two major retailers are offering the same deal only reinforces what I posted. But yes, a bit of a clerical oversight on my part. Sorry.

Well that'd be wrong on two accounts then. Retailers aren't giving $50 off (virtually or price wise) without msft's go ahead.

Any idea when this deal ends as I can't make it up to Best Buy till next week and does the save $15 on Live subscription work with the bundle?

Xbone sales are doing exceptionally well? Then sales didn't have high expectations
They are outselling PS4 the last 4 weeks in UK and probably will the same in March in USA because of deals like this.

And all you have to do is win the UK and USA to win the world as 360 proved by outselling PS3 last gen worldwide.

It's still going to be a tough road for Microsoft until they they drop to 399 (which they will sooner rather than later) but they definitely wont sit still, as deals like these prove.

They'll probably win March sales, but then April, May etc will go back to being rough for a while I assume. Then people will jump the gun and declare it doomed again.

The bottom line is Xbox aint going away.

Just my luck, Target is the only one of the big 4 retailers that hasn't matched this deal :(...yet, anyway.

N4g? Not sure why you're rehashing my posts, the xbone not doing well is a fact. No console in the history of launches ever dropped so fast and gave away so much, nor caused so much of an uproar. You'll find countless articles and even posts here stating the dislike for the console due to Microsoft business practices. That's why I loathe it so much. It isn't the system, it's the company behind it.
But yet guys like you literally applauded at E3 when Sony announced they were charging for multiplayer, (yes when Sony announced online paywall, the E3 Sony crowd stood up and applauded) the very thing guys like you railed against Microsoft for for 7 years...I notice you didn't mention it. And You support Sony, the company that was the only one to put $10 online passes on Last of Us, and all first party games, while Microsoft did not. Then you all complained about Microsoft's "anti used game practices" while Sony was the one actually engaging in anti-used game, anti-consumer practices, and you supported Sony.

But yet guys like you literally applauded at E3 when Sony announced they were charging for multiplayer, (yes when Sony announced online paywall, the E3 Sony crowd stood up and applauded) the very thing guys like you railed against Microsoft for for 7 years...I notice you didn't mention it. And You support Sony, the company that was the only one to put $10 online passes on Last of Us, and all first party games, while Microsoft did not. Then you all complained about Microsoft's "anti used game practices" while Sony was the one actually engaging in anti-used game, anti-consumer practices, and you supported Sony.
That's a cool story, must heart-touching story I ever heard.

But anyone else got Forza with their Titanfall bundle purchase at Best Buy?

They are outselling PS4 the last 4 weeks in UK and probably will the same in March in USA because of deals like this.

And all you have to do is win the UK and USA to win the world as 360 proved by outselling PS3 last gen worldwide.

It's still going to be a tough road for Microsoft until they they drop to 399 (which they will sooner rather than later) but they definitely wont sit still, as deals like these prove.

They'll probably win March sales, but then April, May etc will go back to being rough for a while I assume. Then people will jump the gun and declare it doomed again.

The bottom line is Xbox aint going away.
What are you talking about? The 360 didn't outsell the PS3...... lol.. they had a year head start and weren't able to accomplish that.

bread's done
Back