Best Buy - Xbox One - Titanfall console bundle $449.99

everyone either put some money on these "predictions" or STFU.

they're exhausting.
I've always wondered why someone would enter a thread such as this and bitch about the direction of the discussion. I mean you'd have to be a moron to not understand what "Best Buy - Xbox One - Titanfall console bundle $449.99" means; do you need help understanding the deal? Do you need help getting the deal?

If the answer is no to both then what do you, or for that matter should anyone else, care about the direction of the discussion?

I personally think the debate of whether or not this is a temporary 2-day sale (Whoops---I guess that camp is a bunch of dumb dumbs because we're on Day 4 now) or something more and the debate of if this is BB/Target/AZ matching Walmart (that camp is retarded too) or MS giving the green light to discount systems is actually very important to anyone sitting on fence.

I know that many young adults and teenagers may be impulse buyers and I suppose they can be forgiven for not trying to see the bigger picture but the adults on this thread might want to think about the message MS is sending when they gave the okay for this sale.

But I apologize if this discussion has prevented anyone from understanding the deal. If they need help understanding what Best Buy is, or what an Xbox One is, what Titanfall is, or any other difficult to comprehend subject matter I'd be more then happy to help

Debate all your want about where you *think* the price is headed.  No problem with that.

But people put it out opinions as pseudo-facts "this will be $399 by Halloween."   It is? OK, you want to put some money on that?    Then all of the sudden, their "fact" is no longer a fact.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Debate all your want about where you *think* the price is headed. No problem with that.

But people put it out opinions as pseudo-facts "this will be $399 by Halloween." It is? OK, you want to put some money on that? Then all of the sudden, their "fact" is no longer a fact.

That's all I'm saying.
Cheapy D should expand CAG to solve the issue, allow us to purchase CAG credit. Have the 2 CAG`s put $60 up & basically the winner gets enough for 1 game & bragging rights.

But you could've used the 5x rz pt bonus offer netting over twice as much credit at the beginning of the year then now would be a double dip for pts. Plus it would show up like your spending $950 towards elite/elite plus.
That's great and all, but I know nothing of this offer.

Cheapy D should expand CAG to solve the issue, allow us to purchase CAG credit. Have the 2 CAG`s put $60 up & basically the winner gets enough for 1 game & bragging rights.
That's technically gambling. Might have complicated legal issues involved.

Just send me the money and I'll handle it. ;)

Earlier adopter here and kicking myself a little bit. It happens everytime. Nintendo took care of earlier adopters w/ the Ambassador Program for 3ds. I wish they did something comparable for Wii U and Microsoft did something for XBox 1.

Earlier adopter here and kicking myself a little bit. It happens everytime. Nintendo took care of earlier adopters w/ the Ambassador Program for 3ds. I wish they did something comparable for Wii U and Microsoft did something for XBox 1.
You need to look at the 3DS' Ambassador Program as an exception to what usually happens, as opposed to the norm.

A company dropping the price of their product doesn't owe you anything, no matter how entitled you feel like you are to it.

I bet someone a donation to Child's Play when he said Best Buy would be out of business in 2 years. Funny, never heard from him again.

You need to look at the 3DS' Ambassador Program as an exception to what usually happens.

A company dropping the price of their product doesn't owe you anything, no matter how entitled you feel like you are to it.
I agree. What is the ability to play the system for an extra 3-4 months worth?

As for my two pennies, I do believe this was a deal worked out with MS and Walmart.  Hardware profits are razor thin (that's why you never see coupons for these).  I do not see Walmart initiating this sale and eating the loss just to save shelf space.  They could just manage their warehouse inventory by ordering less units from Microsoft and achieve the same stock level as desired if the idea was just to clear out space.  Not sure what's going on with Best Buy, but it appears to be the case too.  I find it interesting that Target hasn't followed suit though.  NPD numbers will be very interesting for March.

1. This is a sale by retailers, not an official price cut by MS. Bundles happen, everyone is aware of that.

2. History dictates that if a price cut comes 6 months after launch or more, early adopters don't get jack. You're an early adopter, you knew the price of that going in (both literally and figuratively)

3. Most consoles got price drops within their first calendar year, Wii U/Cube/Xbox/etc

As for my two pennies, I do believe this was a deal worked out with MS and Walmart. Hardware profits are razor thin (that's why you never see coupons for these). I do not see Walmart initiating this sale and eating the loss just to save shelf space. They could just manage their warehouse inventory by ordering less units from Microsoft and achieve the same stock level as desired if the idea was just to clear out space. Not sure what's going on with Best Buy, but it appears to be the case too. I find it interesting that Target hasn't followed suit though. NPD numbers will be very interesting for March.
Someone said Target has... it's just in-store only. I read that in a different thread; they're auto ringing up at $449.99. And again I wholeheartedly disagree with the poster above me. I do not think for one second that Walmart planned this and then Amazon BB and Target just decided to match to be competitive.

To further strengthen that argument the whole "add price to cart" or "see price in checkout" is a classic example of something that happens in situations like this. MS wants to move units but they don't want to officially advertise a price cut/sale as it makes them look weak/desperate (not saying they are at all).

I think it is an official sales from Microsoft since Major Nelson announced it. Probably not an official price drop yet though.

I don't think Major Nelson has ever announced retail sales on Microsoft products yet.

Knowing what I know now, I would have waited to buy it of course. I spent around $544 for the system alone on day one. I knew a price drop would come eventually but I didn't think it would be this soon and include Titanfall to boot. But those are the risks you take, if MS offered something it would be nice but Im not expecting anything.

I did the buy, sell due to buyer's remorse and high demand, rebuy, repeat a lot with the PS4 and XB1. For the forseeable future I'm done. There literally was nothing worth the entry cost to either the PS4 (worried about how fragile it was due to the reports of different failures or PS+ which has given me some great stuff for Vita and last gen but nothing this gen) or the XBox One (#1 game + $50 price drop in less than a year).

Knowing what I know now, I would have waited to buy it of course. I spent around $544 for the system alone on day one. I knew a price drop would come eventually but I didn't think it would be this soon and include Titanfall to boot. But those are the risks you take, if MS offered something it would be nice but Im not expecting anything.
Yeah something like a game or extra months of live would be nice for the early adopters. I am saying this as a person who bought the Day One console on Launch day but returned it after I lost my Fantasy Football League. I actually picked up the Xbox One later so if they give stuff away to the early adopters it would not apply to me. It would just be a nice gesture to the fans who picked up early to get something besides a day one achievement.

Someone said Target has... it's just in-store only. I read that in a different thread; they're auto ringing up at $449.99. And again I wholeheartedly disagree with the poster above me. I do not think for one second that Walmart planned this and then Amazon BB and Target just decided to match to be competitive.

To further strengthen that argument the whole "add price to cart" or "see price in checkout" is a classic example of something that happens in situations like this. MS wants to move units but they don't want to officially advertise a price cut/sale as it makes them look weak/desperate (not saying they are at all).

The Target price would make the sales promotion agreement more consistent then.

I do find this sales price very interesting. The PS4 won't be having a price drop soon so the Xbone can either go down to $399 or settle at this current promotional price of $450. Regardless of one's view of how helpful Kinect is to the gaming aspect, there is an intrinsic value associated with this accessory. Does MS lower the Xbone to $399 to catch up in the race or drop it to $450 MSRP? $450 seems more appropriate given the cost of the Kinect itself but $400 would be tremendous value to the casual buyer. Then again, dropping $100 from their profit margin is pretty extreme. I still think we're in this early "core gamer" lifecycle from a marketing standpoint.

The Target price would make the sales promotion agreement more consistent then.

I do find this sales price very interesting. The PS4 won't be having a price drop soon so the Xbone can either go down to $399 or settle at this current promotional price of $450. Regardless of one's view of how helpful Kinect is to the gaming aspect, there is an intrinsic value associated with this accessory. Does MS lower the Xbone to $399 to catch up in the race or drop it to $450 MSRP? $450 seems more appropriate given the cost of the Kinect itself but $400 would be tremendous value to the casual buyer. Then again, dropping $100 from their profit margin is pretty extreme. I still think we're in this early "core gamer" lifecycle from a marketing standpoint.
According to Sony they`re gonna struggle to meet demand till summer so you`re right no price cut coming. But if MS does the $400 MSRP drop that`s gotta kill any chance for profit on the system till a redesign & I`d think Sony would respond by bundling 1-2 games themselves to compete for the same $400. PS+ subs sales on the bundles would pull in some revenue to offset the games.

MS probably would do better to stay at $450 & see what type of ground they can gain while Sony sorts out their supply issues. Now if Sony has a crazy 2014 & reaches some insane sales total like 15-16 million with XB1 @ 10-12 million all bets are off.

That's great and all, but I know nothing of this offer.
It was the best "deal" of 2014 in a way if done correctly you could`ve scored a completely free system.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325562-best-buy-5x-points-on-in-store-purchases-friday-through-saturday-30-off-select-3ds-xl-systems/

That's technically gambling. Might have complicated legal issues involved
CAG currency is a simple way for CAG`s to purchase games from each other but what happens "Bet Club" stays in Bet Club. Currently anyone can say I bet you _____ that ______ will/won`t happen & the details would be finalized thru pm`s. I`d just like to see the initial quotes saved & posted once the event happens & bragging rights shown. That way a person who posts dumb stuff gets called on it & then they can be consistantly reminded of it. But I understand the legal issues.

Amazon had no tax (in my state) + free shipping, so it was literally $449.00. It's a great deal and makes sense in terms of value (Xbox console $300, Titanfall $50, Kinect $100). 

For all of those "wait for Black Friday" people....you do realize that you'll likely end up paying about the same price I just did and possibly end up getting less. Now is the time to buy an Xbox (if you're interested). It won't drop lower than $399.00 by BF and you may end up getting a bare-bones version minus kinect or a game. Plus, factor in the additional tax and/or shipping. AND you won't have to wait in line at midnight and fight the hordes for a deal. 

I just couldn't commit to a PS4....I like Sony and appreciated my PS1 & PS2, but I find myself significantly more interested in Xbox games (even if they have "less" exclusives). Not everything Sony puts out is worthy of high praise. What "little" MS offered in terms of exclusivity has been awesome.  

Amazon had no tax (in my state) + free shipping, so it was literally $449.00. It's a great deal and makes sense in terms of value (Xbox console $300, Titanfall $50, Kinect $100).

For all of those "wait for Black Friday" people....you do realize that you'll likely end up paying about the same price I just did and possibly end up getting less. Now is the time to buy an Xbox (if you're interested). It won't drop lower than $399.00 by BF and you may end up getting a bare-bones version minus kinect or a game. Plus, factor in the additional tax and/or shipping. AND you won't have to wait in line at midnight and fight the hordes for a deal.

I just couldn't commit to a PS4....I like Sony and appreciated my PS1 & PS2, but I find myself significantly more interested in Xbox games (even if they have "less" exclusives). Not everything Sony puts out is worthy of high praise. What "little" MS offered in terms of exclusivity has been awesome.
I say wait until Black Friday. I think it will be 399.99 and if it's not the PS4 will be and there's always 2015 for Xbox One. Considering the sales tax that's charged on Amazon, it's not as good of a deal for a lot of people though unless you're in a select few states you're supposed to be paying a "use tax" anyway.

I say wait until Black Friday. I think it will be 399.99 and if it's not the PS4 will be and there's always 2015 for Xbox One. Considering the sales tax that's charged on Amazon, it's not as good of a deal for a lot of people though unless you're in a select few states you're supposed to be paying a "use tax" anyway.
A PS4 price-drop would certainly lead to an XB1 price drop. Especially during the holiday season....

In regards to the use tax- it's full of loopholes. Most states want to get rid of it because only about 1.9% of people actually file what they are supposed to. They want retailers like Amazon to just end up charging the sales tax, so they get their fill. Another day, another dollar.

I'll eat my hat if MS ever releases the XBOne sans Kinect. While I do agree that this is a fine deal for those who would like to enter the next gen right now, and a fantastic deal for those same people who are also really interested in Titanfall, I'm still opting to wait for a redesign (and to have an opportunity to tear through some of my backlog as well).

I also agree that MS is unlikely to drop the price any further, even for Black Friday, however it may come bundled with a different game or games by then and maitain this price. Multiplayer online shooters don't interest me, but perhaps some other exlusive (especially as a physical copy) could entice me to bite.

bread's done
Back