Best Buy - Xbox One - Titanfall console bundle $449.99

i hope so i just got my bundle a week ago from GS. :whee:
I know that when I traded in a PS4 for a Xbox one they emailed me a free digital copy of Forza a week later after my purchase. This was because the week after my purchase they started giving away Forza with each Xbox One. So there is a good chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've decided to take pick this up. Got 25 rewards certs and 40 gift card. total about 418 with tax. I'll wait till BF next year for the PS4, unless Uncharted 4 comes out sooner.

[quote name="shark974" post="11632700" timestamp="1395505196"]They are outselling PS4 the last 4 weeks in UK and probably will the same in March in USA because of deals like this.

"And all you have to do is win the UK and USA to win the world as 360 proved by outselling PS3 last gen worldwide."

Nope, ps3 outsold 360 worlwide and is up by 1 million units, despite launching a year later, get your facts straight

[quote name="shark974" post="11632700" timestamp="1395505196"]They are outselling PS4 the last 4 weeks in UK and probably will the same in March in USA because of deals like this.

"And all you have to do is win the UK and USA to win the world as 360 proved by outselling PS3 last gen worldwide."

Nope, ps3 outsold 360 worlwide and is up by 1 million units, despite launching a year later, get your facts straight
Yeah no kidding---revisionist history at its best. PS3 surpassed worldwide 360 sales over a year ago... and the gap will only continue as they have a much stronger global presence. Pretty impressive considering they launched a year later and Sony had a very slow start.

who cares which console is better or what a console is selling. you should care about enjoying the console you feel is better suited for you.

in my case i see nothing ps4 exclusive that draws my attention and i used my buddies ps4 for 3 hours i hated it. used my other buddies xbox it felt more fimilar with kinect using the menu's was alot easier imo.

get what you want and who cares what others say. just stop trying to convince others one is better then the other just because of sale figures is dumb

thats like saying justin bieber is better then metalica

Yeah no kidding---revisionist history at its best. PS3 surpassed worldwide 360 sales over a year ago... and the gap will only continue as they have a much stronger global presence. Pretty impressive considering they launched a year later and Sony had a very slow start.
That is not accurate and this argument has very little to do with the deal at hand.

As good of a deal as this is I just can't justify buying either of the new consoles yet. I hope as the year goes on we see more games like Arkham Knight that require you to own a PS4/One to justify buying a new console. Still hopefully people pick this up if they're interested.

It's not rewriting history; it's a fact that the PlayStation 3 has outsold the 360 globally.
but some of you guys act like that's a negative for MS. There was plenty of people that would stay loyal to the playstation brand because they were around longer and it still took price cuts, free online play, and giving away recent games just for Sony to keep competing with MS. That's a great accomplishment for MS.

Sony gamers had a great time with all the stuff Sony threw at them these past few years, and now the roles are reversed. With ps4 being ahead, we're already seeing deals on the One and I imagine Games With Gold will offer better stuff and who knows what else MS will be doing to help boost sales.

There's a reason why they say competition is good.

all this debating

654.gif

Don't know if it's ymmv, but the Target in Wilmington, DE rings the bundle up as $449 also without needing to override anything. Use the red card to take another 5% off.

Does anyone know how Best Buy handles the Forza bundles? Does the code come in the box, or does it get printed on your receipt?

I was at my local Wal-Mart tonight and they had like three each of the standard (army green colored boxes?) and Titanfall bundles price tagged at $449.96.

I'm not in the market for an XBOX One but I just though I'd pass that along, since I'm hearing people are having a hard time finding these systems. They're out there. 

I'm not gonna lie though... Forza 5 looks damn good in HD...  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool: 

Don't know if it's ymmv, but the Target in Wilmington, DE rings the bundle up as $449 also without needing to override anything. Use the red card to take another 5% off.
Yes bought Titanfall bundle this morning at Target. Took it to cs counter to attempt bestbuy price match. System rung up at 449.99. 457.00 after red card.

Yes bought Titanfall bundle this morning at Target. Took it to cs counter to attempt bestbuy price match. System rung up at 449.99. 457.00 after red card.
Smart. That covers most of the tax.

I bought a bundle today at GS for $499.99 only because they gave me $412.50 for my ps4 trade in. How big an a-hole would I be if I return it and buy $500 worth of kindle giftcards so I could buy it on Amazon for $449.99? The console I bought from GS looks like the box was dropped on one of the corners I just noticed. Hopefully everything inside is okay, but I thought it might be an excuse to return it and save $50.

Guess this is pretty much a permanent price drop?
Some people have suggested it's just temporary; a way for MS to try and upstage Sony on the weekend of their Infamous launch----but I'd be more inclined to think it's the first step towards a permanent price drop.

We would have had more store employees (BB, Target, WM) posting about a heads up if this was planned as a special 2-day sale. I think MS just gave retailers the heads up to do the drop and pretty much everyone but GS has.

I see this as a bunch of stores price matching each other to be competitive.
No. that's not how retail works. They don't do a national price match like that on the fly----it doesn't happen.

Last time I remember something like this happening out of the blue was the HP TP firesale. I certainly don't think the Xbox One is on a firesale but the only way a price change happens on a product overnight is when the word comes down from the manufacturer.

No. that's not how retail works. They don't do a national price match like that on the fly----it doesn't happen.

Last time I remember something like this happening out of the blue was the HP TP firesale. I certainly don't think the Xbox One is on a firesale but the only way a price change happens on a product overnight is when the word comes down from the manufacturer.
If this was a price drop or "limited time sale" you would see it promoted officially by the Xbox Division, it would be posted on Major Nelson's site. The only way someone would know about this is through forums.

If this was a price drop or "limited time sale" you would see it promoted officially by the Xbox Division, it would be posted on Major Nelson's site. The only way someone would know about this is through forums.
Maybe MS doesn't want to promote a sale on its hardware that has only been out four months? Because if they did, and it wasn't a permanent drop, it could hurt sales going forward.

Maybe they just want to sell a good chunk of systems, increase user base, and then see if they can pick up some momentum and close the gap on Sony.

Besides... retailers don't price match other retailers mid week like that. We all know they price match a sale on an individual basis but they don't typically do it on a national basis unless it's a green light by the manufacturer.

Guess we'll see in a few hours when the new sales week starts

Whatever the reason for the sale it got me to buy one.
Yeah I don't know what MIcrosoft's plans are moving forward but based on this weekend they should feel confident that they can move units at $450 as I imagine they must have sold quite a few for an unannounced "whatever this is"

m$ is pretty smart, on the surface , they give the  bundle a discount. but in the end up they are not losing that much money, with the addition of xbox live subscriptions signup, seeing as the only way to play this game is if you have a paid xbox live online subscription.

m$ is pretty smart, on the surface , they give the bundle a discount. but in the end up they are not losing that much money, with the addition of xbox live subscriptions signup, seeing as the only way to play this game is if you have a paid xbox live online subscription.
I agree however people have reported that in some stores, like WM, all Xbox Ones are ringing up at $449.99 so it isn't just a targeted Titanfall bundle promotion.

Edit: Which makes me believe this is more of a "Let's sell some X1's this weekend" promotion.

But if TRU, Kmart and especially GS follow suit tomorrow then it might not be temporary

Does anybody feel like MS should give something to day one purchasers? All these deals with the console coming out 4 months ago has to have some people upset.

Edit: Which makes me believe this is more of a "Let's sell some X1's this weekend" promotion.
That makes sense, with infamous coming out they probably wanted to steer some people away from a PS4 purchase. Smart move on their part if that's the case.

Does anybody feel like MS should give something to day one purchasers? All these deals with the console coming out 4 months ago has to have some people upset.

That makes sense, with infamous coming out they probably wanted to steer some people away from a PS4 purchase. Smart move on their part if that's the case.
I do. I got the console Day One and have no regrets, but when you see them bundling in Titanfall so soon for free, then having a 400 dollar deal on their website, then having it for 450 at major retailers, I can not help but feel that this is too much too soon. The system wasn't doing nearly as bad as people made it out to be, it wasn't like the Wii U or the 3DS (at launch).

Maybe MS doesn't want to promote a sale on its hardware that has only been out four months? Because if they did, and it wasn't a permanent drop, it could hurt sales going forward.

Maybe they just want to sell a good chunk of systems, increase user base, and then see if they can pick up some momentum and close the gap on Sony.

Besides... retailers don't price match other retailers mid week like that. We all know they price match a sale on an individual basis but they don't typically do it on a national basis unless it's a green light by the manufacturer.

Guess we'll see in a few hours when the new sales week starts
Very well said. Not to resound the absurd death knell that Romeo is ringing but MS is clearly not in the position it wishes to be in. So why not permit retailers to discount this in an unadvertised manner. If nothing else, less systems are sitting on the shelves. That can be bad advertising.

I prefer my XO but I would be lying if I didn't say I was concerned.

IMG_0774_zpsb0a2f14a.jpg

This is the damage I was talking about earlier. Should I be worried or is there enough padding in there to absorb this? I may be overly paranoid from having so many xbox 360's breaking.

I should also mention that two other corners are dented like this as well, but not as bad as this corner. It looks like this dropped and rolled over or something. I'm too tired to set it up and play any games tonight anyway. I'm almost tempted to return this tomorrow. What do you guys think I should do?

If you didn't get GSP on it i would personally return it. But i was amazed as how well the xbox one is padded.  But for that box to look like that is pretty bad seeing as it's packaged in a box along with one other xbox. I am guessing it was dropped or smashed by something heavier to look like that.

Source i work at Best Buy and work with those boxes everyday. 

You got that Day One achievement tho!

This is the damage I was talking about earlier. Should I be worried or is there enough padding in there to absorb this? I may be overly paranoid from having so many xbox 360's breaking.

I should also mention that two other corners are dented like this as well, but not as bad as this corner. It looks like this dropped and rolled over or something. I'm too tired to set it up and play any games tonight anyway. I'm almost tempted to return this tomorrow. What do you guys think I should do?
I believe you already know what to do. If you keep it you will always have doubt in the back of your mind. You already stated you're too tired to mess with it today so why not just exchange it tomorrow and have no doubts about damage?

If you didn't get GSP on it i would personally return it. But i was amazed as how well the xbox one is padded. But for that box to look like that is pretty bad seeing as it's packaged in a box along with one other xbox. I am guessing it was dropped or smashed by something heavier to look like that.

Source i work at Best Buy and work with those boxes everyday.
Crap. I didn't buy any service protection (I put the "cheap" in cheapassgamer). Coming from someone who works at BB, I'll take your advice. I was wondering if they had a bunch of these stacked up and this was the one on the bottom getting smashed.

I believe you already know what to do. If you keep it you will always have doubt in the back of your mind. You already stated you're tip tired to mess with it today so shy not just exchange it tomorrow and have no doubts about damage?
You're right. This is what I'll explain to the employees tomorrow if they give me grief (because it's true). I like the way you articulated it.
Even if I keep it and it works for a while, I'll always have that doubt in the back of my mind.

I'm such an achievement whore that this was legitimately a selling point for me. I had the Xbox one day one console and the PS4 day one console preordered on Amazon since they went live during E3. I also had more than enough amazon credit to cover them both and buy several games. I just couldn't pull the trigger on either console because I knew I had enough games to keep me busy until a good CAG deal on the new consoles. I didn't totally expect this good of a deal only a few months later. I also didn't expect Amazon Warehouse Deals to have a crapload of $254 and $277 PS4's pretty regularly only a few months later.

I guess I'm saying I'm glad I waited. That "Day One Achievement" would have got quickly buried in my achievement list and it would have technically cost me a lot of money if I bought that day one console and didn't play it very much between November and March.

It'd be cool if they did but it doesn't matter to me. I was gonna buy day one anyways just because playing the 360 for 8 years was a really long time and I couldn't wait to jump into a new console. Plus, we got deals on digital games, a cashback promo, and great trade in values recently so it's been pretty good.

This is pure speculation but if they ever decide to do something for early adopters I imagine it would be easy to just send a message to people with the day one achievement and give them a code for a game or xbox credit.

So just fyi I saw the BB employee news article about this. Walmart had the price and BB is just pricematching it nationally.

bread's done
Back