Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Stranded Sails (PS4) for $7.99 in store over the weekend.  Price was marked $25.99 but it scanned for $7.99 at the register.

I got the email but when I click on it, it says generating reward and then fails. I'm and elite member so wasn't sent to me by accident. I guess I'll try again later

The one I got yesterday was different, something about the Black Friday sale. But the Cert was only valid for that day. So this is a different offer. I just clicked on it and I got both to work. Awesome!

Go to a physical store, give them your member account number and ask them if they can check if there are any certificates in your account.

Got myself $10 from the Elite member mystery certificate.

That and already had a $5 and another $10 cert.

Used them all on Pokemon Sword which was discounted to $40.

So in the end - paid $16.

Went to two BestBuys yesterday. Went to look for a microSD card then looked around to use my $5 certificate on something cheap. Their $9.99 bargain movie bins are gone. Like literally I went to the second store and their entire movie shelves were gone and what was left was just random movies and tv shows that I didn't care for. And anything worth buying has either been removed from shelves/store or double/triple the price online and you can't price match because the item/version numbers don't match. fuck are they expensive. After that i was literally looking for anything to buy and I find some plastic wiring for airpods so that you don't lose em that I thought would be useful and it was 20 bucks. Seriously? 20 bucks for that?! like I bet they didn't even cost 50 cents to make and they're charging 20 bucks! At this point I'll just let the coupon expire. I can't even give it to somebody else because it's tied to my account. Or maybe I'll just stop by and buy a soda with it.

Went to two BestBuys yesterday. Went to look for a microSD card then looked around to use my $5 certificate on something cheap. Their $9.99 bargain movie bins are gone. Like literally I went to the second store and their entire movie shelves were gone and what was left was just random movies and tv shows that I didn't care for. And anything worth buying has either been removed from shelves/store or double/triple the price online and you can't price match because the item/version numbers don't match. fuck are they expensive. After that i was literally looking for anything to buy and I find some plastic wiring for airpods so that you don't lose em that I thought would be useful and it was 20 bucks. Seriously? 20 bucks for that?! like I bet they didn't even cost 50 cents to make and they're charging 20 bucks! At this point I'll just let the coupon expire. I can't even give it to somebody else because it's tied to my account. Or maybe I'll just stop by and buy a soda with it.
Maybe get some batteries. Always need batteries for something.

I was mad when the music section disappeared, when the game and movie sections are gone I have no reason to set foot in a Best Buy except every few years when I need a computer or a TV.

Physical media is almost done in terms of being at retail, man.

Where you been?

Maybe get some batteries. Always need batteries for something.

I was mad when the music section disappeared, when the game and movie sections are gone I have no reason to set foot in a Best Buy except every few years when I need a computer or a TV.
Used mine on a drive bracket so I can add a FireCuda to my PC.

I went to a store looking for Wasteland 2 NSW. The Switch section was way smaller than the PS4/XB1 sections. I didn’t find Wasteland 2 or any signage for it. As I was leaving, I noticed that most of the Switch games were locked up behind the registers. I kind of snuck back there and found Wasteland 2 among a bunch of other games. It rang up at $9.49. I got it for $4.49+tax after $5 cert.

I went to a store looking for Wasteland 2 NSW. The Switch section was way smaller than the PS4/XB1 sections. I didn’t find Wasteland 2 or any signage for it. As I was leaving, I noticed that most of the Switch games were locked up behind the registers. I kind of snuck back there and found Wasteland 2 among a bunch of other games. It rang up at $9.49. I got it for $4.49+tax after $5 cert.
haha, very noice, my bb was basically a GHOST TOWN, like if your ever stuck in a store right before a major storm is about to hit, it was that feeling but on a normal Sunday..

So today was the last day to use my 5 dollar certificate, I had already decided to buy a copy of the witch on blu-ray because eh Halloween right? it was also $4.99 so I thought perfect item to buy. I go to the bestbuy and because I always go straight to the ps4 games I end up finding Call of Cuthulu on clearance for $9.49. Snatched the last copy. Only paid $4.49 + tax.

Yeah I don't know why they keep all those games locked up behind either the registers, or even worse in some cases, sometimes hidden and totally out of sight behind the customer service desk. Having visited multiple Best Buys and seen half-bare shelves that are consistently poorly stocked there is no way to physically verify what games they actually have without having to jump through hoops. There's also been plenty of times that I've seen other people looking for a particular game, especially a first-party or big AAA one, and then when they can't find it on the shelf probably walking out assuming that they are out of stock (which is often not the case). It's really stupid how Best Buy handles this.

Decided to grab Judgement for PS4 at BB DOTD for 14.99, had a $5 so 10 bucks, heard good things about it.
Whoa, thanks for the heads up. I've never seen it go this low. Aside from Kiwami 1 it's the only Yakuza game I didn't have a physical copy of at this point.

Yeah, it's pretty solid from what I've played (bought it digitally months back) and is fairly standalone, I guess just acting as a story within that universe.

I bought Judgment along with a $5 and $20 Nintendo eShop gift card and I didn't get a order confirmation email or a text and it doesn't show in my purchase history. The charge is pending. Anybody else with this problem?

Anyone one know if Best Buy ever had Earth Defense Force 5 PS4 in stock ?? I saw Target & Amazon dot com have it, and some GameStops.

Anyone one know if Best Buy ever had Earth Defense Force 5 PS4 in stock ?? I saw Target & Amazon dot com have it, and some GameStops.
They did online at least, I pre-ordered it there. Wasn't available for in-store pickup for me.

Got another 5 dollar reward email today. Title was "Did someone order great offers?" and it has yet another small banner that you click on and get a 5 dollar reward cert. Valid though 11/8 only.

Got another 5 dollar reward email today. Title was "Did someone order great offers?" and it has yet another small banner that you click on and get a 5 dollar reward cert. Valid though 11/8 only.
I got that email but not seeing a $5 reward banner anywhere in there. Bummer

Bumping this thread because as Tyrok mentioned in another thread there is a new round of in store clearance going on.

Picked up today:

Railway Empire (Switch) - $10.99

Either saw, or was sold out:

Blood & Truth (PS4) - $10.99

Robotics Notes Elite (Switch) - $10.99

Cartels (Switch) - $10.99

I also finally found a copy of Vitamin Connection (Switch).  It was not on sale ($29.99) but it has proved pesky for me to find since the BBY website doesn't have a listing for it.

Basically, if you want an idea of what your local store may have on sale, search the clearance games on the BBY website, and see what is available at your local store.  If it is available locally, there is a good chance the price will be lower than the website price.  As always, YMMV.

Bumping this thread because as Tyrok mentioned in another thread there is a new round of in store clearance going on.

Picked up today:

Railway Empire (Switch) - $10.99

Either saw, or was sold out:

Blood & Truth (PS4) - $10.99
Robotics Notes Elite (Switch) - $10.99
Cartels (Switch) - $10.99

I also finally found a copy of Vitamin Connection (Switch). It was not on sale ($29.99) but it has proved pesky for me to find since the BBY website doesn't have a listing for it.

Basically, if you want an idea of what your local store may have on sale, search the clearance games on the BBY website, and see what is available at your local store. If it is available locally, there is a good chance the price will be lower than the website price. As always, YMMV.
Cartel at the store I went to was $7.99, didn't see any price for Robotics so I didn't pick up. Saw Dragonstar Varnir for $25, 2 copies of Shining Resonance Draconic Edition no price tag (I can assume it might be half off online price, based how prices of other clearances around that mark).

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

It will come down. Prices vary widely between stores and usually drop every week. Clearance games do get restocked, so if you saw a tag for something you wanted keep an eye on the website as it might be back after a week.

bread's done
Back