Best Game Value 2008

Part of me wants to say Resistance 2 because there's so much to do with co-op and competitive (which will take hundreds of hours), but I think I'll go with Burnout Paradise. It dropped its price to $30. Lots to do without all the free content, then all the free content gives it even more value. It's so much fun to play online just to screw around even.

Probably spent the most time on Rock Band 2.

I also liked the price point of Banjo-Kazooie, and the bonus Xbox Live download of the original N64 game was nice too.

Geez... so many worthy games this year:

- Rock Band 2
- Burnout Paradise
- Gears of War 2
- GTA4

and probably (once I open them up and start playing):

- Banjo: Nuts and Bolts
- Fallout 3

Fable 2. After playing through it for 30+ hours as a good guy, I get to play through as a bad guy and get an almost totally different game.

Fallout 3 has stolen my life as of late. I've logged 50 hours on the game and I think I'm less than halfway done with the quests. Burnout Paradise should get an honorable mention for the free updates.

Fallout 3 for sure. I'm currently playing through it for the 5th time, and have probably logged 150-200 hours into all my travels.

grand theft auto 4 - i did not regret paying full price for that games (one of the only few i bought last year)

metal gear solid 4 - i love every second of it.

world of goo - you cant go wrong with this game. excellent gameplay, addictive puzzles and you wish there were more.

Valkyria Chronicles should get this award because of the originality and complexity of the entire game. The art direction is gorgeous and the game play itself is nothing short of superb.

bread's done
Back