Best Game Value 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xenoblad Chronicles & Kingdoms of Amalur - huge explorable areas and tons of things to do.

Guild Wars 2 should also be in the running.

Black Ops 2. I know many people do not like the multiplayer but for those that do it's endless play. I find that the matches are just short enough to allow for a 10 or 15 minute gaming session.

Borderlands 2, put in at least 25 hours into that game and I still haven't even finished my second playthrough or started any DLC

This generally ends up being an RPG for me, I'd have to nominate Persona 4 Golden or Xenoblade Chronicles. Both are excellent and lengthy experiences with a ton to do.

Retail:Mass Effect 3

Hands down would've been Awesomenauts, but honorable mention is all it gets since the developers stopped supporting the console releases.

The Walking Dead: The Game. Spent $19.99 on the PS3 bundle back when it came out, and having a new chapter to play every couple months was great.

Can't believe the votes for Far Cry 3. The game is fun enough but it's only 20-30 hours not counting multiplayer (if you even like it which I didn't). I got 80+ out of Borderlands 2 and 100+ from Diablo 3. Therefore, D3 gets my vote.

[quote name='Killbomb']Can't believe the votes for Far Cry 3. The game is fun enough but it's only 20-30 hours not counting multiplayer (if you even like it which I didn't). I got 80+ out of Borderlands 2 and 100+ from Diablo 3. Therefore, D3 gets my vote.[/QUOTE]

Personally I don't have the time for 80-100+ hour games anymore. So for me it's Far Cry 3 or Virtues Last Reward just because those are the games I played the most hours of.

FIFA 13. $15 for PC at Thanksgiving right after it came out. I haven't done ulitmate team, manager mode, or 75% of the content and I'm at 100 hours.

Borderlands 2.

Put in tons of hours in both solo and multi. Bought for $25 and traded in for $25 after 4 months of owning it. That's "value" to me.

Borderlands GOTY, $7.50 on steam sale, still playing the hell out of it.

or maybe DOTA 2, free with beta, and free copies to give to friends

Torchlight II

Since the category is best value for the money, T2 is an excellent experience. Tons to do, multiple classes, etc all for like $20 or $10 on sale.

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Many free expansions keeping gameplay relatively fresh in a mode that generally can get stale quickly, plus the numerous community challenges.

Conversely, if there was a Worst Game Value category, i'd vote for Bioware Points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back