Best Online Customer Service 2011

Amazon

I had a PS3 stolen from my porch that I ordered from them and they refunded me the full amount. Awesome stuff.

Amazon.

They replaced Killzone 3 which was left outside my apartment building by UPS and subsequently stolen. They also replaced a couple non-gaming items that were left outside by UPS and stolen later in the year.

I wish UPS would stop doing that.

How can it be anything but Amazon? Come on, they have a dedicated representative for their PC downloads department living here!

[quote name='mightymek']Best Buy has the best online customer service in my opinion. They are always throwing gift cards at me to correct mistakes and they are quick to fix the issues.[/QUOTE]Disagree. I ordered a Ben Hur UE Blu-ray box set during BF weekend and they canceled it about a week later. I come to find they handed out $10 coupons to just about everyone else but me. Thanks for nothing, jerks.

Jump forward to the DotD for Red Dead Redemption for $20 right before Christmas. I order it for store pickup and they send the email that it's ready. Fortunately I dawdled about getting out the door because they sent a second email that they didn't have it. Same thing happened with another location. They said to call if I'd like to change to free delivery. I call, get disconnected after running through menus for several minutes. Every day until I finally reached them I'd get four emails telling me to come get it, whoops, we don't have it.

Call and ask that they ship it. Immediately get an email that it's backordered. Expected, no biggie. Get shipment notice and arrange to meet my friend whom I was gifting it to. Mail comes and there's only one copy when I'd ordered two. Grrrrr. Call Beast Buy again and learn that the idiot who made the change set it to deliver one copy and CANCELED THE OTHER! Then she says she can't do anything about it.

I'm like, you're kidding, right? I've gotten jerked around for three weeks and because someone screwed up I'm supposed to be SOL? She puts me on hold and after five minutes comes back and says they'll redo the order at the deal price.

So, hell to the no are Beast Buy any good at online sales. If there's an upside, for some reason they gave me triple RZ points for a $1400 TV I bought because suddenly I get notification that I've got a $95 Reward cert coming. OK. Still want to junk-punch them though.

[quote name='maigoyume']Amazon.com hands down, can't even believe how sucky the Amazon.ca is compared to it[/QUOTE]
Sorry to hear. On the flipside, had an amazing customer service experience with Amazon.co.jp not too long ago.

Maybe this category should just be a battle of the Amazons :lol:

I guess I'll give a token vote to gohastings. Ironically I only know about their customer service because of how many of my orders they've screwed up this year, but they unfailingly make it right and are pretty pleasant to deal with. Ultimately the best customer service is to get the order right the first time (which makes Amazon the real winner a million times over), but I appreciate an imperfect company that still tries.

Amazon, as long as you're not worried about getting banned for contacting CS too many times... I've let a few things slide because of the banning stories...

but they're still the best when you consider availability and results!

bestbuy for me since i only got to deal with customer service with amazon and bestbuy this year. amazon gave me the run around for half a year for a refund for an item they never sent.

Amazon has a policy that allows them to replace your CD Key if something (DRM) happens that prevents it from working. No hassles.

That's customer service.

[quote name='An J0e']Bestbuy was good on damage control at the end there (alot of people got money when their stuff didn't ship).

But Gotta go with Amazon. Prime is awesome.[/QUOTE]

While I agree wholeheartedly that BestBuy did good on damage control, the truth is that they should never have had to. In the end, I'd have preferred what I ordered and not a GC. Giving a GC was the cheaper option for BestBuy.

Amazon for me, by many LIGHT-YEARS.

bread's done
Back