Best Online Deal 2009

The Microsoft screwup when the Gears of War 2 All Fronts Collection (retail value $20) was put up 2 weeks early on XBox.com for a few hours in the middle of the night for $10.

If we're giving nominees, I have to say
Amazon Black Friday
&
Steam's holiday sale.

I should mention though I was dissapointed with the "Black Friday Week" thing Amazon did this year. :(

This was a tough call. I picked up the most games from Gamefly, and I almost bought a game per day during the Steam sale, but I voted for amazon since they had some amazing deals on new release games, plus the Tekken 6 bundle was killer.

Oh man, I always spent so much during the Steam Holiday sales. There's simply no will to resist during those things.

"Batman: AA as part of a $50 set? Even though I beat it on the 360, I can't pass it up at that price!"

Urgh. :D

I think Steam beat out Amazon this year, it's unfortunate that they probably don't have much of a chance since there aren't many pc gamers on CAG. They had some amazing cheap games for $5-$10, and insane bundles.

I have to say the after black friday amazon deals. Took advantage of one and got L4D2 for 30 bucks.

Gamefly gets my vote, Street Fighter IV, Ghostbusters, and Resident Evil for 13 dollars a pop plus local sales tax, BUT free shipping and in really good shape? fuck YES!

Amazon Black Friday and Gold Box Deals on the regular. I spent a lot of money on Gold Box Deals this year. Amazon, I love you but my wallet hates you.

I'm going with steam's "hey you can get every game in our store for 50 bucks!" holiday sales.

Those deals were so good they were downright cruel to impulse buyers.

Even though I loved the Amazon Black Friday sale, I actually bought some things from the Steam sale

The older games needed some love too! Especially for dollars :p

Amazon's hands down.. I spent so much money.. ended up with Dragon's Age, L4d2, Uncharted 2 and Assassin's Creed 2. all for a hefty discount. I also had a bunch from the TRU B2G1 deal as well.

bread's done
Back