Best Online Game Retailer 2009

Amazon. They matched prices almost instantly, they added video game trade ins that paid pretty good, they marked down release day titles, added video game credits for future purchases...

I don't know how anybody else could even come close.

Uh... since this is the nomination phase, I'll give a nod to GameStop.com. They've actually had a few worthwhile deals lately that has stolen a couple purchases from Amazon.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say Gamestop. They send you complete copies now with online orders, majority of the games are $5 cheaper base price online, annnnd you can use EDGE + CAG16 + SAVER for extra savings.

For instance, you can get Fallout 3 GOTY for ~$33+tax shipped from GS.com but people have been creaming themselves when ever it goes on sale for $40 somewhere else. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Amazon was good as well, but you know that already.

Amazon.

Even though their November and Black Friday sales had me disappointed, they had a lot of excellent deals on new release games (and some older ones) all throughout 2009.

Amazon. (ETA: Forgot about the Independant/Specialty category; moved my other noms there)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did get a couple of deals through Newegg this year. But for me it has to be Amazon. They were on top of everyone elses deals. I saved a bundle of money and even ended up with a free game for the holidays. :applause:

Amazon is the Usain Bolt* of the Best Online Game Retailer 2009 catagory .. crazy low prices before, during, and after Black Friday just made my browsing, shopping, free shipping, money & tax saving experience that I actually look forward to Christmas shopping again next year unlike years ago. And they are FAST to price match all online and brick and mortar, which just make it just sweeter to deal with.

* runaway winner .. get it?

bread's done
Back