Best Online Game Retailer 2009

I have a soft spot for the awesome Steam holiday sale, but Amazon was good to me year round. Newegg is great but CA sales tax makes me think twice sometimes.

Amazon.com - low(-er, -ish) prices, pre-order bonus codes, promo-credits, no tax(for me), free shipping, and customer service that actually responds to e-mails with a solution w/in 24 hours. Who could ask for anything more?

I voted for Gamefly even though I know Amazon will win. Gamefly gave me some great deals (most notably RE5 for $12.99 free shipping) and the game, manual and case were mint.

However, Amazon will win and win easily. Free shipping, no tax for most (including me), and they seemed to match almost every sale out there! Good stuff.

I like Amazon, but that ECA crap with them last year really turned me off. I'm going with Newegg for the consistently free shipping (no Prime required).

I was going to go with Amazon because of Black Friday (with how much I spent with them) but I looked over the overall year and went with my original choice which was Gamefly.

I started buying from them this past year thanks to CAG, and they haven't disappointed yet. Amazon has good sales, but I prefer cheaper prices on items (whether they're used or not) and Gamefly has come through on that time after time. My PS3 collection has more than doubled and that is directly connected to Gamefly selling games cheaper than anyone else out there.

Amazon has most of my love for everything else, but until they fix the price match after the sale (which they did away with) when they drop a price a day or two after you buy something, Gamefly gets my vote this year.

Rock solid prices, great customer service, and with patience when their busy, reliable shipping. I'll continue buying from them into 2010 and beyond.

I know they probably won't win, but I'd like to see a solid second place finish from them they deserve at least that much. :mrgreen:

bread's done
Back