Best Online Game Retailer 2009

Amazon will win easily. Free shipping, no tax for most...great sales and price match best buy and walmart all the time.

other mentions: gamefly, new egg, dell (for system coupon codes)

I vote Amazon! Love it and always wait for them to PM a deal other stores do before I buy anywhere else.

I love you Amazon!

Amazon has amazing customer service and some great deals, but I really have to go with Steam this time.

Their deals through 2009 have been amazing, and their Christmas sale blew everyone the hell away. I walked away with 21 games for under $30 during that sale.

Factor in their free weekend offerings on some games, as well as bonuses for pre-orders and you have one solid service.

Even though I spent more at gamefly than anywhere else, my vote goes to amazon. They worked the hardest, and they definitely deserve it. Anyone that can pricematch every other retailer's deals within hours definitely deserves something. They're one of the driving forces in bringing retail pricing down to where it should be.

Love Steam. Sure, like everyone else I'm worried about the distant, Steam-less future and what will become of my games---but with Steam's massive success...that won't happen anytime soon!

bread's done
Back