Best Online Game Retailer 2009

The only reason Steam won't win is because of the high amount gamers who don't touch PC gaming. They easily had the craziest lowball sales, but I guess more people took advantage of Amazon $35 new release console "deals".

With amazon trade-in, various bonuses, and prime shipping there just isn't alot other reason to not shop there. Unless it's abolutely incredible slick deal.

I thought this was a no brainer simply due to the fact of amazon's performance during black Friday. They had very resonable prices and it was easy to find price drops through this site.

[quote name='redrum331']I thought this was a no brainer simply due to the fact of amazon's performance during black Friday. They had very resonable prices and it was easy to find price drops through this site.[/QUOTE]

I only saw a couple things I wanted on Amazon for Black Friday. That's nothing compared to Steam's Holiday, Black Friday, and Weekend sales, where I probably picked up 30 games, just a couple bucks each.

So, Amazon, a no-brainer? Hardly. Don't get me wrong, they're a close second. I love Amazon.

I love Amazon, but I voted for Gamefly. Their used games are SUPER cheap (I get most of my game for $15 or less) and they are usually in perfect condition. For new games I'd still go with Amazon, but since I usually wait 6 months to a year to pick up games (mainly because of the massive price depreciation that occurs these days), I can usually get last years highest rated games for a quarter of the cost.

as a PC gamer I have to go with Steam- their holiday sale alone was ridiculous not to mention their midweek and weekend sales that go on year round- so many good games for so little.

Amazon has done a great job in all aspects of game shopping and had many good deals on games for all platforms. But Steam has had so many absolutely incredible deals on PC games! Also, where's Direct2Drive and GoGamer? They've had some great sales this year on older games. Frequently beating Steam and Amazon.

It's a tough decision. But of the options presented --- I'm voting for Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, where's Direct2Drive and GoGamer? They've had some great sales this year on older games. Frequently beating Steam and Amazon.

If Amazon wins this year is that 3 years in a row? Or more then that?

I had Steam as second choice. I bought almost all my games from amazon/steam last year.

I'll go with Amazon. All of my online game purchases , while not numerous, came from their site. Got my PS3 slim bundle tax free on black friday.

Amazon never fails to deliver. I wish we'd see more XBLA sales like last year, but their selection and customer service are tops!

gamefly cant win because most of the games they send out are in horrid condition, tho they are cheap

new egg has some decent deals but nothing that really jumped out at me.

amazon seems to constantly matching BB or other weekly ads, or just putting out a good sale item

Ugh, tough call as all four got my money last year and had great deals, but I give the edge to Amazon just because of how they handle customer service...politeness and free $5 credit to say they're sorry helps them edge out the competition a bit. :twisted:

bread's done
Back