Best Show of 2010

lokizz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Pick one show for this year that you feel was the best show of 2010. New or old doesnt matter what show for you stood out as the best of the year?

Treme

Persons Unknown was neat, but failed to deliver after NBC fairly obviously pulled the plug.

The end of Lost, best TV ever.

Definately Breaking Bad -

Enjoyed Dexter this season, but definately not as strong as season 4. Archer and Justified are good on FX as well, but they don't even sniff the excellence that is Breaking Bad.

Dexter was pretty good, but I think it was the fourth best of the 5 seasons so far.

Walking Dead and Haven were the only new shows that I enjoyed watching, otherwise, my other favorites were Castle, Modern Family, Community, House and Eureka.

Also watched the three seasons of Veronica Mars for the first time on Netflix, which I really enjoyed.

[quote name='msuchancey']Definately Breaking Bad -

Enjoyed Dexter this season, but definately not as strong as season 4. Archer and Justified are good on FX as well, but they don't even sniff the excellence that is Breaking Bad.[/QUOTE]

Justified gets my vote.

Breaking Bad was good this year, but I HATED that episode where they were trying to catch a fly.

Tie between Venture Bros. because it's just such nicely tied in together with it's own continuity and just great dialouge. The other is Spartacus because, Jesus it's just guilty pleasure man soap opera. It's like if pro wrestling had special effects, budget and willing to go all out this would be it.

Sherlock - Only 3 episodes but damn good. This blows the Guy Richie Sherlock Holmes out of the water.

Honorable Mentions: Walking Dead, 30 Rock, American Pickers, Pawn Stars

Horrible Mentions: The Office, I'm sorry but this season was lame. I'll still watch it every week but it's just not as good as it used to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rodimus']Sherlock - Only 3 episodes but damn good. This blows the Guy Richie Sherlock Holmes out of the water.
[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah Sherlock was good. The last episode blew away most "thriller" movies this year.

[quote name='Rodimus']Horrible Mentions: The Office, I'm sorry but this season was lame. I'll still watch it every week but it's just not as good as it used to be.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you on this one. I've hated the newest season so far except for the Christmas episode. Speaking of the Christmas episode, did it remind anybody of the Calvin & Hobbes comic strip when
Jim and his wife walk outside amongst all the snowmen
? :D

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Most Disappointing: Dexter[/QUOTE]

Really?! I haven't seen this season yet but all my friends say it's the best yet.

Does anyone watch American Pickers? I could watch that show all day. It makes me want go out and look through yard sales.

[quote name='Rodimus']Really?! I haven't seen this season yet but all my friends say it's the best yet.

Does anyone watch American Pickers? I could watch that show all day. It makes me want go out and look through yard sales.[/QUOTE]

ive seen it its a cool show but the 2 guys who star in it are assholes. i understand theyre doing this to make a profit but some of the shit they pull the the prices they pay out for items is insulting.

[quote name='Rodimus']Really?! I haven't seen this season yet but all my friends say it's the best yet.[/QUOTE]

Julia Stiles is a horrible actress and the season goes pretty much nowhere and ends with nothing being accomplished. I'm done with the show.

has anybody seen that vice show on mtv? i saw it for the first time last night and its a show to keep your eye out for. they do multiple stories about diff things happening all over. one of the ones they mentioned was how in columbia its legal for shop owners and some other people to hunt and kill the homeless.

Breaking Bad had such a incredible season this year. Mad Men, Dexter, and Sons of Anarchy all had their moments but Breaking Bad was hitting on all cylinders.

The Walking Dead looks promising, i'm looking forward to the next season. Boardwalk Empire really peeked my interest but I kind of got bored as the season went on.

Have to go with The Walking Dead. I have liked other shows but it is to me the one that stands out.

Walking Dead was pretty good.

What channel is American Pickers on? Please don't say Showtime or HBO.

Cash and Cari on HGTV sounds like it could be good.

[quote name='lokizz']ive seen it its a cool show but the 2 guys who star in it are assholes. i understand theyre doing this to make a profit but some of the shit they pull the the prices they pay out for items is insulting.[/QUOTE]

A friend and I were watching american pickers and at the end I said they need to rename this to "fucking old people over" cuz that's exactly what happens.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']A friend and I were watching american pickers and at the end I said they need to rename this to "fucking old people over" cuz that's exactly what happens.[/QUOTE]

lol. Do they lowball old people for their 'tiques?

[quote name='lokizz']ive seen it its a cool show but the 2 guys who star in it are assholes. i understand theyre doing this to make a profit but some of the shit they pull the the prices they pay out for items is insulting.[/QUOTE]

They've done some nice things for people. There was an episode were they bought some old circus poster worth a fortune, they went back and split half the profit with the seller. The fat guy is a bit of an ass sometimes, but Mike seems genuine.

[quote name='Rodimus']They've done some nice things for people. There was an episode were they bought some old circus poster worth a fortune, they went back and split half the profit with the seller. The fat guy is a bit of an ass sometimes, but Mike seems genuine.[/QUOTE]

thats cool but the majority of their deals consisit of telling people its only worth so much ( mainly if the person doesnt know the value) and if they dont go for it ganging up on them until they get it at the price they want.

i know business is business but shit it pisses me off to see them rip people off. only paying 1000 for something you know is worth 2500 or 3500 is a shit thing to do imo. thats why i cant watch that pawn shop show granted if youre pawning shit you know what youre getting into but it still pisses me off.

Walking Dead and Raising Hope were my favorites. Doctor Who was my returning favorite even with the "New Doctor". Also, I'm enjoying Top Chef: All Stars, seeing all the returning runner-up chefs from the last seasons and seeing them fight it off.

bread's done
Back