Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Danxx777']

EDIT: Also I think I mentioned earlier but I am legitimately surprised I got verified for the full amount on a couple of my games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I sent a bunch of black cases, but the guts looked good. I hope they get approved.

[quote name='david12795']So can I receive the money via paypal? or do I have to use their Gc's or I can get a check (with lower value)?[/QUOTE]

This is what people are talking about. If you do it through Best Buy, you either get a GC for the full value or the lesser cash amount. However, a few people have sent it through eBay to receive paypal instead.

Dealtree does processing for both, so it ends up going to the same place - the only difference being how you get 'paid' for it.

I received my giftcard today. One giftcard with all of the trades on it. Received about 4 days after they said it was mailed.

Good deal all around..

Kevin

[quote name='major morgan']This is what people are talking about. If you do it through Best Buy, you either get a GC for the full value or the lesser cash amount. However, a few people have sent it through eBay to receive paypal instead.

Dealtree does processing for both, so it ends up going to the same place - the only difference being how you get 'paid' for it.[/QUOTE]

THANKS =). I'd rather get cash than GC. So if I go through there, I will get paid via paypal right?

^Thanks Kevin! How long would you say that it took them to list it as received on their website from the date they actually received it according to the USPS tracking number?

Like others here, it shows they got it on 4/20 but have not yet updated this on their site.

[quote name='lawdood']According to the USPS tracking number my games were received on the 20th. Website status still shows as waiting to receive. Hopefully that changes today. :???:[/QUOTE]

Same Here. I shipped mine on Friday the 16th, USPS tracking says package was delivered on the 19th, and my status still says "Waiting to receive."

They're probably still going through a huge lot of LBP's they received as of late :lol: I'm fine with the long wait, as long as they don't change the estimated value on me.

ah, didnt know that paypal option was with the same values with the BB GC's.....oh well. I'll eventually spend $165 at Best Buy so no big deal.

[quote name='io']So how long did it take from receipt to acknowledgement? They've had my one test trade since Thursday and have yet to acknowledge it, let alone make the payment. I'm not sending in my couple of Beatles RB until they pay out on this test trade. I didn't trust the address on the label (says "Best Buy" instead of Dealtree, even though I didn't use the Best Buy trade-in service - I know they are handled by the same place but I could see them getting all mixed up) nor the utter lack of any info on the packing slip (just a number - not my name, address, and email like on a Gazelle trade-in slip).[/QUOTE]

Cowboom (Dealtree, etc.) was acquired by BB in 2008. So the label saying Best Buy would be normal.

[quote name='oakafanforlife']Is there a way to pull up the tracking number from your account after you've sent them in?[/QUOTE]
Not that I know of.

The tracking number is listed on the label you printed. I just took a screenshot before I printed and checked the USPS website.

im soo glad I was able to trade in and get the 20 bux back that i paid for Sacred 2 cuz that game SUCKED!!! I tried to like it, but it just wasnt going to happen.

[quote name='david12795']I don't get it. On the shipping label, it says USPS. But people said you can ship it off with UPS?[/QUOTE]

I think UPS is handling one portion of the shipping transactions prior to them being transferred into the mail stream. But you can just take it into the post office, have it scanned in and get a receipt with the tracking number on it from them after doing so.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think UPS is handling one portion of the shipping transactions prior to them being transferred into the mail stream. But you can just take it into the post office, have it scanned in and get a receipt with the tracking number on it from them after doing so.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! =) guess I'll have my mom drop it off for me at the UPS store then.

Thanks CAG!

[quote name='oakafanforlife']Is there a way to pull up the tracking number from your account after you've sent them in?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Not that I know of.

The tracking number is listed on the label you printed. I just took a screenshot before I printed and checked the USPS website.[/QUOTE]

If you go on the site under your account, you can click on one of the games you sent in. Once there, you can "reprint" the shipping label which will have the tracking number.

[quote name='david12795']I don't get it. On the shipping label, it says USPS. But people said you can ship it off with UPS?[/QUOTE]

USPS for games, UPS for electronics (Amazon allows UPS for games)

FYI: For those not wanting to wait the 2-3 weeks for Best Buy/DealTree verification and to mail out checks/gift cards, you can get $18.90 in credit for Toy Story Mania:wii: from the Blockbuster B1G1 sale ending today at Gamestop using the 30% trade promo and 10% extra for EDGE or $12-ish in CASH per copy.

The value for it is $20 from BB/DT, so you're losing $1.10 but getting credit immediately and not having to worry bout games being lost in the mail or whatever.

Also, I tried a trade estimate on TSM and marked it 'incomplete' from the drop down menu and it HALVED the trade price of $20 for it. So chances are the same WILL happen if you send in incomplete/scratched games.

[quote name='h2dk']If you go on the site under your account, you can click on one of the games you sent in. Once there, you can "reprint" the shipping label which will have the tracking number.

USPS for games, UPS for electronics (Amazon allows UPS for games)[/QUOTE]

I've gotten both USPS and UPS shipping labels for games, seemingly randomly. I just waited a day before trying again after I seemed to get stuck on UPS and was able to get USPS labels. (Left 4 Dead 2 360 was the game I was trading)

[quote name='h2dk']

Oh so I won't be able to ship with UPS?

has anyone actually shipped it off with UPS?

Posted in the Blockbuster thread already, but no takers, so if anyone needs a Toy Story Mania! manual to complete a trade in, PM me. I ended up with an extra one. Could be a $10 difference.

i just spent 600 dollars on gamestop.com with the 25off and edge coupon lol it will trade in to dealtree/ best buy for 900 or so im putting a lot of trust in the usps

[quote name='bredbu']i just spent 600 dollars on gamestop.com with the 25off and edge coupon lol it will trade in to dealtree/ best buy for 900 or so im putting a lot of trust in the usps[/QUOTE]

this is why we can't have nice things.

[quote name='bredbu']i just spent 600 dollars on gamestop.com with the 25off and edge coupon lol it will trade in to dealtree/ best buy for 900 or so im putting a lot of trust in the usps[/QUOTE]

:lol: Good luck. I was anxious for the entire week or so it took for my piddily four game lot to show up. Lucky for me half of the games were bought with credit I made from flipping other games I got free or really cheap or I would've been super anxious had I paid MSRP. The other half were Sears clearance I paid $5 each for, so that was even less of a worry for me.

Now if they would just hurry up with the damn gift card(s) it'd be even better.

Oh and backseatdog, you forgot the laughing smiley.;)

Should have been $350 from BBV to Best Buy/Deal Tree for $900.

EDIT: OK might be a little less hoofin' your way.

I learn my lesson with USPS i split my orders up from now on, bubble mailers are cheap I bought it for $20 for 300 when amazon had it on sale. This way I feel safe.

[quote name='Velo214']i sent in 10 lbp's and 10 bl's. crossing my fingers still[/QUOTE]

Damn they still haven't reviewed your games yet? Hasn't it been like 8 or 9 business days since they received the package?

20th. i read other's posts and some report 7 days from received til email. so hopefully they didn't go spastic when they got 50 lbps in one day. they've been cagged. or hit by the cag storm. or something like that.

I'm just gonna be super pissed if they deny me and make me pay $80 to ship my games back. then i will be angry and poorer. er.

That's why I didn't go apeshit on trades, since I had no idea how good/bad their review process would be and whether or not I'd need a ton of cash to get stuff mailed back to me.

It's also why I've been testing out the different options on their estimate thing to see how much the values would drop if stuff is deemed incomplete or scratched/unplayable.

Thus far, I determined that missing manual/artwork drops the value in HALF.:cry: But I haven't tested to see what switching from playable to unplayable does. It probably rejects the game completely, I would think.

Just imagine if Gamestop did that across the board.

Good luck though and I hope your big trade goes through without a hitch.

[quote name='h2dk']If you go on the site under your account, you can click on one of the games you sent in. Once there, you can "reprint" the shipping label which will have the tracking number.

Thank you for this, I tracked my package, sent it out on the 15th, they received it on the 20th, but they haven't updated my account with having received them.

Just got my game to trade in from GS....and there's an odd yellow/white sticker on the inner ring of the disc (on the top). Anyone know what it's for? Should I leave it there or risk trying to take it off?

Dammit, I messed up and the eztradein of the 5 LBP I am sending in are going to go to a paypal account that is no good to me. So I have to make another account under my brothers email address. Ugh.

The LBP I have are all new and sealed. Should I send them in that way or open them?

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Just got my game to trade in from GS....and there's an odd yellow/white sticker on the inner ring of the disc (on the top). Anyone know what it's for? Should I leave it there or risk trying to take it off?[/QUOTE]

Hairdryer and patience to take it off, as it might be a sticker a rental place had on there for security. Kind of like one of those clear Movie Gallery stickers they always put up on the entire top sticker side of the discs last gen.:roll:

And Estebon, I would open those up before shipping them.

Was going to trade some games in to Gamestop, but this is a heck of deal, just put in a trade for 3 games.

I hope all the mass flipping doesn't ruin this for me! :p

Wow good luck...amazon insures through UPS and gazelle covers lost shipments, dealtree in their legal agreement specifically says they are not liable for items lost in shipment. I sent 1 large box recently, but have been sending in 2 games at a time now. I figure 1st class is more reliable and quicker, plus I don't risk losing so much in 1 box.

Has anyone had troubles sending sealed games to Dealtree. I would rather leave them sealed in case they decide to lower the values so I can at least get more for a sealed game on Ebay then an opened one if I have to end up going that route.

[quote name='Owen']Has anyone had troubles sending sealed games to Dealtree. I would rather leave them sealed in case they decide to lower the values so I can at least get more for a sealed game on Ebay then an opened one if I have to end up going that route.[/QUOTE]

If they lower the value they are going to bend you over to ship your games back to you, so it wont matter anyways.

My games finally showed up as delivered according to USPS. The ebay.eztradein.com site is still showing as waiting, but that sounds like the norm so I'm not worried (yet). I picked up some games at BBV yesterday to send in as well (1x BRB Wii, 1x BRB 360, 1x Toy Story Mania). I locked in the trade values ($20 each), but am going to wait to ship until I see how my first trade goes.)

I know this has already been mentioned here, but if you have any toy story manias and picked up 9.99 call of juarez thru gamefly's used deal you can trade them both for 40tiv(after cancelling preorder) at gamestop with their new trade 2 deal. i know bestbuy/amazon gives 20 each, but this way you dont need to worry bout the mail/quality/etc. peace

[quote name='Velo214']20th. i read other's posts and some report 7 days from received til email. so hopefully they didn't go spastic when they got 50 lbps in one day. they've been cagged. or hit by the cag storm. or something like that.

I'm just gonna be super pissed if they deny me and make me pay $80 to ship my games back. then i will be angry and poorer. er.[/QUOTE]

The LBP flood lol, they have to lower their tiv sooner or later for it.

I was looking at gamestop.com and lbp goty new 15% off w $10 coupon code...no no no! no more flipping til may! I mean, after I unload these tekken 6's and call of juarez's I ordered yesterday. (72->150...i couldnt resist)

[quote name='hqn101']The LBP flood lol, they have to lower their tiv sooner or later for it.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it'll be like the infamous Cranium game at Blockbuster, which got an insane TIV forever, while being on clearance many places(Sears, for one) or Singstar Volume 1 bundle(which was also a Sears clearance game).

I think I paid $1.97 for a bundle from Sears, went down the road to Blockbuster and traded it all in for $36 in credit.:lol:

Now THAT was a flip.;) Of course, my other favorite still was Powerdrome Racing for PS2 that was.99-$1.99 at GS for a while, but traded into FYE for $15 a copy.:lol:

The Best Buy/eztradein $20 and $30 trade-in values are a promotion that ends at the end of this month. They aren't going to stay up there forever. They are going to drop like a rock on May 1st. Get your trade-ins locked in soon.

wow that is a crazy flip. im hoping rogue warrior stays strong at bbv. hawaiiboy mentioned they were selling it used for 20, tiv 22. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back