Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']wow that is a crazy flip. im hoping rogue warrior stays strong at bbv. hawaiiboy mentioned they were selling it new for 20, tiv 22. lol[/QUOTE]

I just noticed the price on Rogue Warrior earlier when I was at my closest BBV and it is indeed $19.99 now used.

I sent x-men origins- Wolverine on the 19th and they still haven't updated my status, it's still on "Waiting to Receive" how long does it usually take to at least say that they received it?

[quote name='crunchewy']The Best Buy/eztradein $20 and $30 trade-in values are a promotion that ends at the end of this month. They aren't going to stay up there forever. They are going to drop like a rock on May 1st. Get your trade-ins locked in soon.[/QUOTE]

Wrong, it ends May 29th.

[quote name='Velo214']I was looking at gamestop.com and lbp goty new 15% off w $10 coupon code...no no no! no more flipping til may! I mean, after I unload these tekken 6's and call of juarez's I ordered yesterday. (72->150...i couldnt resist)[/QUOTE]

You did that too for gamefly lol, so did I. I'm just flipping for fun now since my ps3 is currently broken. I ordered 6 tekken copies for like $75 flipping to best buy for $180. More money for apple stuff.

[quote name='hqn101']You did that too for gamefly lol, so did I. I'm just flipping for fun now since my ps3 is currently broken. I ordered 6 tekken copies for like $75 flipping to best buy for $180. More money for apple stuff.[/QUOTE]

this is better i got 20 copies of saboteur for 90$ getting 400$

[quote name='JPizz']Wrong, it ends May 29th.[/QUOTE]

How can they do this till May 29th with these same prices, they are going to be out of business after another couple weeks.

[quote name='Mikocouch']How can they do this till May 29th with these same prices, they are going to be out of business after another couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

Well they do cover themselves. The exact statement is "Through May 29, 2010. Subject to change".

[quote name='dansoccerball']this is better i got 20 copies of saboteur for 90$ getting 400$[/QUOTE]

Where did you get the 20 copies of saboteur and where can I get in on this.

it's already over hqn. he got lucky w the eastore.com glitch. he held his $15 off $20 til they dropped saboteur to $20 on the website, then ordered it. then ordered it again. I told him to tell me his code so we could all use it for 1/2 hour, but I guess he forgot.(lol) n i ordered 3 of each cuz it only let you order 3 at a time... i guess i could have just made another checkout but its all good.

You can make $10 (in BB gift cards) on every copy of L4D2/Tekken 6/NCAA Football 10 that you buy from Gamefly :) By flipping it right back to Best Buy:

https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?h=488

Just thought I should bring this to the attention of my fellow flippers out there. I just bought 10 copies of LittleBigPlanet for $164.51 from Gamestop (Edge + 25off coupon codes) and those are worth $30 apiece in Best Buy gift cards. Yea, $135.59 of profit in gift cards

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']You can make $10 (in BB gift cards) on every copy of L4D2/Tekken 6/NCAA Football 10 that you buy from Gamefly :) By flipping it right back to Best Buy:

Just thought I should bring this to the attention of my fellow flippers out there. I just bought 10 copies of LittleBigPlanet for $164.51 from Gamestop (Edge + 25off coupon codes) and those are worth $30 apiece in Best Buy gift cards. Yea, $135.59 of profit in gift cards[/QUOTE]

Be careful of lbp flips to BB, they are getting flooded with these.

[quote name='hqn101']Be careful of lbp flips to BB, they are getting flooded with these.[/QUOTE]

I got the trade-in confirmation and printing slip let me check off all 10 copies so i should be fine right?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']You can make $10 (in BB gift cards) on every copy of L4D2/Tekken 6/NCAA Football 10 that you buy from Gamefly :) By flipping it right back to Best Buy:

Just thought I should bring this to the attention of my fellow flippers out there. I just bought 10 copies of LittleBigPlanet for $164.51 from Gamestop (Edge + 25off coupon codes) and those are worth $30 apiece in Best Buy gift cards. Yea, $135.59 of profit in gift cards[/QUOTE]

What happens if you get Gamestop generic copies on a lot of those LBP? I'm not sure if BB would take them or not...

[quote name='Sharkey1337']What happens if you get Gamestop generic copies on a lot of those LBP?[/QUOTE]

\\:D/ This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box and instruction manual. \\:D/

[quote name='Sharkey1337']What happens if you get Gamestop generic copies on a lot of those LBP? I'm not sure if BB would take them or not...[/QUOTE]

This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I got the trade-in confirmation and printing slip let me check off all 10 copies so i should be fine right?[/QUOTE]

See the best buy trade in info thread. I successfully, traded in 10 LBP goty, but still waiting for my 10 LBP to be confirm, I'm not sure if its dealtree or USPS that lost my shipment. Others who submitted 10 copies of LBP are still waiting longer then expected.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']This pre-owned product is guaranteed to work and includes a box with original cover art and instruction manual.[/QUOTE]

AWESOME! Yeah, whenever I haven't gotten that guarantee it's always been a generic case, but great to hear that!

[quote name='Ace!']glad no one is exploiting the deal.[/QUOTE]

Amen :lol:

What is going to happen is that Best Buy will lose plenty of money and is going to give up on the "used games" industry. The only major players remaining will be of course GameStop and Amazon.

In 6 months or sooner, Best Buy will shut this down... GameStop wins.

yeah but it's been 7 days now... still nothing... and they got my games the 20th...so hopefully they are just busy filling out the paper work cuz ALL my games were perfect/new condition so that's gonna be bs if they pull some quality bs to cover the fact they just got flooded with lbps/etc.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But at least BB didn't give away a game this month, so we could focus on this deal.;)[/QUOTE]

Theres always next month to look forward to.

gamestop will not allow me to order lots of games :( i tried they rejected it said i cant order 10 copies of a game, it wont even let me order 4 copies of lbp sad sad day, all i want is an ipad after all

[quote name='bredbu']gamestop will not allow me to order lots of games :( i tried they rejected it said i cant order 10 copies of a game, it wont even let me order 4 copies of lbp sad sad day, all i want is an ipad after all[/QUOTE]

gamestop did you a service, buying an ipad is the dumbest thing you can possibly do.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']My status has now switched to 'payment pending' for my $79 in trades I sent in. I feel like a small time flipper compared to some of you.:lol:[/QUOTE]
When were your's delivered (per USPS or UPS)?

Like others ... mine were delivered on the 19th but status is still "Waiting to Receive".

Mine was delivered on the 17th and it took until the 23rd(6 days later) for them to get verified. I mailed them out on the 14th.

I figured they would take forever since they were sent parcel post USPS and they were shipped out the day prior to tax day.

[quote name='backseatdog']gamestop did you a service, buying an ipad is the dumbest thing you can possibly do.[/QUOTE]

lol your probably right i am just obsessed with new technology, i would probably just sell it on ebay a month later anyways :roll:

how did they not let you order 10 copies of the game? maybe they were just out of stock or did they cancel your order with an explanation?

[quote name='bredbu']lol your probably right i am just obsessed with new technology, i would probably just sell it on ebay a month later anyways :roll:[/QUOTE]

Not really I love my ipad

So I just now realized that I could actually trade my games in to the EZTradeIn.com site for PayPal instead of through Best Buy.com for giftcards. However, I already submitted my estimate to Best Buy. The games are listed under "Accepted estimates" on my Best Buy page and it says they are "waiting to receive". Would I get screwed real bad if I send them to the EzTradeIn site or is it ok as long as I haven't actually mailed my games to Best Buy yet?

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']DO NOT CREATE THREADS TO ASK A QUESTION. ONLY POST SPECIFIC DEALS!

Really dude...[/QUOTE]

I need a simple reply then this can be locked. Jesus.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I need a simple reply then this can be locked. Jesus.[/QUOTE]

No. Post in the fucking Best Buy Trade In thread on the first page.

So I just now realized that I could actually trade my games in to the EZTradeIn.com site for PayPal instead of through Best Buy.com for giftcards. However, I already submitted my estimate to Best Buy. The games are listed under "Accepted estimates" on my Best Buy page and it says they are "waiting to receive". Would I get screwed real bad if I send them to the EzTradeIn site or is it ok as long as I haven't actually mailed my games to Best Buy yet?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']I need a simple reply then this can be locked. Jesus.[/QUOTE]
Too bad it will be locked before you get an answer. You know, he wasn't just replying with that to be an ass, the exact same thing is posted right at the top of this forum, if you didn't notice it IN BIG BOLD RED LETTERS. Blind much?

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']So I just now realized that I could actually trade my games in to the EZTradeIn.com site for PayPal instead of through Best Buy.com for giftcards. However, I already submitted my estimate to Best Buy. The games are listed under "Accepted estimates" on my Best Buy page and it says they are "waiting to receive". Would I get screwed real bad if I send them to the EzTradeIn site or is it ok as long as I haven't actually mailed my games to Best Buy yet?[/QUOTE]

No just cancel the trade or never send the game in. I set up a bunch of trades with them and decided not to go through with any of them and canceled them out.

Sign in, go to Support tab and fill out the cancel trade form

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='craig.courtney']No just cancel the trade or never send the game in. I set up a bunch of trades with them and decided not to go through with any of them and canceled them out.

Sign in, go to Support tab and fill out the cancel trade form[/QUOTE]

Yea I did that for the first copy but I was hoping there was an easier way since I have 10 copies haha

bread's done
Back