Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Happy Panda']I spit on your seven cents![/QUOTE]

I'm not condoning the action, but that's the definition of the dealer.

I have 3 locked in estimates for LBP, but that's only because I screwed up my shipping address twice.

[quote name='MasterSun1']I'm not condoning the action, but that's the definition of the dealer.

I have 3 locked in estimates for LBP, but that's only because I screwed up my shipping address twice.[/QUOTE]

I didn't even read what you wrote. I just saw you posted and wanted to troll you.

Also, get on AIM. I need your help getting Halo Reach Beta codes.

And back to the topic....

I'd trade in L4D2 and Borderlands, but it seems like its taking a very long time for people to get their money...

I'm pretty sure Record of Agarest is 9ish gigs. $45 tho, that's insane! I wish I was a videogame dealer, I could put that on my imaginary business cards?

[quote name='bigredvan14']
I just mean in general, I hate when people abuse things like this and ruin it for everyone. Really good Best Buy RZ Gamer Club deals seem to have fallen by the wayside with people trying to get an absurd amount of free games.

[/QUOTE]
Dude - this is the first month in 3 that there hasn't been free games... Ooops... Free game this week. Guess that doesn't hold water. But thanks for playing our game.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I didn't even read what you wrote. I just saw you posted and wanted to troll you.

Also, get on AIM. I need your help getting Halo Reach Beta codes.
[/QUOTE]

That's family for you. They troll you one minute, ask for help the next minute.

alright! tw 2010 for 30, lego star wars for 20, and gh aerosmith for 3 for me...guess ill only have to pay 10 for tiger woods 2011 lol

[quote name='Jesse757x']usps says my package was delivered to cockeysville md? is that a problem?lol[/QUOTE]

thats the hub near where they process the games.. unless you meant it like ttthhhhaaaaatttttt then maybe :p

Ok so bare with me if I say something stupid but I'm new to mailing packages with USPS.
So I put in my estimates on 4/26. I printed the the label today, and tried to mail it at the post office. The shipping label states the date of 4/26. The guy at the post office said I can't send it because the date on the shipping label isn't today. He said to print out a label with today's date. So what do I do now? The date on the label always says 4/26 whenever I retrieve it online. Do i photoshop the date :p but I'm assuming the barcode has the date though. Or do I gotta make my own label now. Theres stamps.com on the shipping label, do I gotta go through that now?

The guy at the post office is being a douche. The date does not matter. Take it to another post office or to a different clerk. You could also just leave it at the end of the counter and just let the clerk know it is all set to go.

The TIV in the OP is still current, right? Since I've been thinking about getting rid of inFamous, and maybe get CoD4 and The Saboteur from the BOGO 50% from TRU if it's still in effect and trade them in after a playthrough. (Getting $40 after paying $30 would be amazing)

[quote name='poop69']Ok so bare with me if I say something stupid but I'm new to mailing packages with USPS.
So I put in my estimates on 4/26. I printed the the label today, and tried to mail it at the post office. The shipping label states the date of 4/26. The guy at the post office said I can't send it because the date on the shipping label isn't today. He said to print out a label with today's date. So what do I do now? The date on the label always says 4/26 whenever I retrieve it online. Do i photoshop the date :p but I'm assuming the barcode has the date though. Or do I gotta make my own label now. Theres stamps.com on the shipping label, do I gotta go through that now?[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, but I explained to her that was the date I submitted the order in. The date has nothing to do with anything. So she said cool.

[quote name='Estebon']Same thing happened to me, but I explained to her that was the date I submitted the order in. The date has nothing to do with anything. So she said cool.[/QUOTE]

My post offices have recently been giving me crap about this too, even though it shouldn't make any difference to them. I wonder if there was a recent memo about it or something? I've been bringing in prepaid stuff a few days late for years now and they've never said anything about it until now.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anyone else's package delivered on 4/20 and still no email or confirmation on the BB website? This seems to be taking too long.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you...delivered 4/20 and nothing

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Anyone else's package delivered on 4/20 and still no email or confirmation on the BB website? This seems to be taking too long.[/QUOTE]

They told me to expect payment 7-14 days from check-in

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']They told me to expect payment 7-14 days from check-in[/QUOTE]

The concern is that it hasn't actually been "checked in". Still shows N/A on the website. USPS shows it was delivered on 4/20

I am half expecting the gift card to show up in the mail prior to an update on the site

[quote name='poop69']Ok so bare with me if I say something stupid but I'm new to mailing packages with USPS.
So I put in my estimates on 4/26. I printed the the label today, and tried to mail it at the post office. The shipping label states the date of 4/26. The guy at the post office said I can't send it because the date on the shipping label isn't today. He said to print out a label with today's date. So what do I do now? The date on the label always says 4/26 whenever I retrieve it online. Do i photoshop the date :p but I'm assuming the barcode has the date though. Or do I gotta make my own label now. Theres stamps.com on the shipping label, do I gotta go through that now?[/QUOTE]

wtf is wrong with this guy, dates shouldnt matter. Take it to someone else and dnt worry about printing new stuff

[quote name='h2dk']The concern is that it hasn't actually been "checked in". Still shows N/A on the website. USPS shows it was delivered on 4/20

I am half expecting the gift card to show up in the mail prior to an update on the site[/QUOTE]

Ohh my mistake. Yea I'm asking for a check instead of gift card :)

isn't flipping to best buy illegal on account of the no dealers rule? and plus you're stealing games from good cags. what if gamesopt runs out of lbpgoty? then all the cags won't have any fun. flipping is like stealing and stealing is a crime, so therefore flipping is a crime. evil game scalpers.

[quote name='darkslime']isn't flipping to best buy illegal on account of the no dealers rule? and plus you're stealing games from good cags. what if gamesopt runs out of lbpgoty? then all the cags won't have any fun. flipping is like stealing and stealing is a crime, so therefore flipping is a crime. evil game scalpers.[/QUOTE]

If the site allows you to put up to 10 games in for trade, that's their fault. It's not like people are glitching the system to allow it. And if they don't want a lot of a game (LBP) they drop the TradeInValue (like they just did). That's what an open market does. You can't honestly say flipping is like stealing

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']If the site allows you to put up to 10 games in for trade, that's their fault. It's not like people are glitching the system to allow it. And if they don't want a lot of a game (LBP) they drop the TradeInValue (like they just did). That's what an open market does. You can't honestly say flipping is like stealing[/QUOTE]yes it is. its like when obama takes away our guns except on a much less direct level.

i dont think any of us are retail video game dealers. but I could be wrong.
n lol @ darkslime. he must be trolling/joking but it still is a fast way to my ignore list. :) why does darkslime hate the free market so much? why does he hate america? lol

[quote name='Velo214']i dont think any of us are retail video game dealers. but I could be wrong.[/QUOTE]yes you are. you are flipping for a profit which makes you a game dealer. being a game dealer is almost as bad if not worse than being a drug dealer, you create addicts. you put your whole family at risk and risk getting arrested once the cops get their heads out of their asses and realize that FLIPPING IS STEALING!@

[quote name='darkslime']isn't flipping to best buy illegal on account of the no dealers rule? and plus you're stealing games from good cags. what if gamesopt runs out of lbpgoty? then all the cags won't have any fun. flipping is like stealing and stealing is a crime, so therefore flipping is a crime. evil game scalpers.[/QUOTE]

now that is the wrong use of transfer logic

Your first premise is already incorrect therefore the whole assumption is wrong. In that response everyone who buys houses and stocks to flip is a thief.

Just defending my girl Velo with the power of logic

[quote name='hqn101']Your first premise is already incorrect therefore the whole assumption is wrong. In that response everyone who buys houses and stocks to flip is a thief.

Just defending my girl Velo with the power of logic[/QUOTE]

Exactly. If you buy a foreclosed home in one of those cheapo auctions, then sell it a few months later because housing prices are up, you're a crook? Lol no.

[quote name='h2dk']The concern is that it hasn't actually been "checked in". Still shows N/A on the website. USPS shows it was delivered on 4/20

I am half expecting the gift card to show up in the mail prior to an update on the site[/QUOTE]

Same here. USPS shows delivered on 4/19. Status still "waiting to recieve."

samesame, i think with lots of us. hopefully they get back to us 7-14 days after the 20th? grrr @ my laziness. I should have sent a few days earlier. shoulda coulda budha

Mine just got delivered yesterday and the day before. I figure they'll get to it before my 30 day lock is up on the 14th... Hopefully :) I figure I'd have a valid complaint if they waited until the 14th and then said "Sorry. Your estimate is invalid."

Yay! I got a confirmation at 2am today (Friday) that the one game I sent in to dealtree/eztrade-in (using the Best Buy game trade-in address) was verified for the full $20 amount. I mailed it on the 20th, it was delivered on the 23rd, and then verified on the 30th. They say I'll get my PayPal payment within 7 days.

But there's one disturbing part to the email they sent:

NOTE: if a discrepancy in verified values is found within the next 7 days, another copy of this email will be sent to you with updated values.

So don't think that verification of the game condition/completeness and a reiteration of the price you were quoted is the end of it - apparently they can still change their minds ;). Hopefully that doesn't really apply here and is meant for things that might not work after initial testing (like electronics). But still, it is a little unnerving. I don't know if the Best Buy acceptance emails say this or not though.

In any case, I'm getting a second submission ready to send. Because I wanted to wait till this one was received I've waited over a week. Fortunately my PO doesn't seem to care about the dates on the labels. I mean, you supposedly have up to 30 days to mail it as with Gazelle. I've been sending Gazelle stuff 2 weeks after the postage date with no problems!

I've got a quick question: do they give you a certain amount of days to mail it in once you've submit? b/c i've got 2 i want to trade in but i'm still working on trying to finish one of them right now.

Just got confirmation for another batch this morning, it included 3 LBPs and were verified @ $30. They now have confirmed 2 of my 5 shipments. I'm not too worried about them changing values on me as moving the credit from GS to BB is fine with me, the extra money is just icing on the cake. They would hear about it from me though!

Edit:
Just for the record, here is what is going on...
Shipment 1 - Estimate Date: 4/12/2010 - Package Arrived on 4/20/2010 - Waiting to Verify
Shipment 2 - Estimate Date: 4/13/2010 - Package Arrived on 4/20/2010 - Verified on 4/30/2010
Shipment 3 - Estimate Date: 4/14/2010 - Package Arrived on 4/28/2010 - Waiting to Verify
Shipment 4 - Estimate Date: 4/15/2010 - Package Arrived on 4/28/2010 - Waiting to Verify
Shipment 5 - Estimate Date: 4/15/2010 - Package Arrived on 4/20/2010 - Verified on 4/23/2010

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='flix1']Mine was delivered on the 19th and finally verified today, the 30th, (11 days) per the website.[/QUOTE]

Same exact here!

[quote name='silentxstereo']I've got a quick question: do they give you a certain amount of days to mail it in once you've submit? b/c i've got 2 i want to trade in but i'm still working on trying to finish one of them right now.[/QUOTE]

Seems like i was the only person that used their service before. I only used them once for reasons you are all finding out now :lol:

- 30 days to submit
- 3 weeks from the time i shipped until the time i saw money in my paypal.
- no updates at all on website
- no packing slip
- no help from customer service

[quote name='Japakneez']Seems like i was the only person that used their service before. I only used them once for reasons you are all finding out now :lol:

- 30 days to submit
- 3 weeks from the time i shipped until the time i saw money in my paypal.
- no updates at all on website
- no packing slip
- no help from customer service[/QUOTE]

I'm more interested in

+I'm flipping games bought with money that BB gave me for free, anyway, and I can buy any electronics I want at BB.

That a big plus ;)

[quote name='io']Yay! I got a confirmation at 2am today (Friday) that the one game I sent in to dealtree/eztrade-in (using the Best Buy game trade-in address) was verified for the full $20 amount. I mailed it on the 20th, it was delivered on the 23rd, and then verified on the 30th. They say I'll get my PayPal payment within 7 days.

But there's one disturbing part to the email they sent:

So don't think that verification of the game condition/completeness and a reiteration of the price you were quoted is the end of it - apparently they can still change their minds ;). Hopefully that doesn't really apply here and is meant for things that might not work after initial testing (like electronics). But still, it is a little unnerving. I don't know if the Best Buy acceptance emails say this or not though.

In any case, I'm getting a second submission ready to send. Because I wanted to wait till this one was received I've waited over a week. Fortunately my PO doesn't seem to care about the dates on the labels. I mean, you supposedly have up to 30 days to mail it as with Gazelle. I've been sending Gazelle stuff 2 weeks after the postage date with no problems![/QUOTE]

I believe I was the one who pointed out the discrepancy thing initially, IO. It got me a bit nervous. As for my trades, they're still showing verified and payment pending.:roll: I checked them last night.

I asked this question yesterday and got no response. Possibly because the answer can be found somewhere in the lengthy thread, but I'm curious if someone could answer me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

I got my deal accepted on April 8th. If I send out the two games today, will that be ample time to have the games be received and verified on their end? I have the $30 offer on Little Big Planet and Assassin's Creed II locked in for 30 days so I want to send these out immediately. Thanks for any help.

[quote name='greatdevastator']I asked this question yesterday and got no response. Possibly because the answer can be found somewhere in the lengthy thread, but I'm curious if someone could answer me. I'd greatly appreciate it.

I got my deal accepted on April 8th. If I send out the two games today, will that be ample time to have the games be received and verified on their end? I have the $30 offer on Little Big Planet and Assassin's Creed II locked in for 30 days so I want to send these out immediately. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't be able to verify them quickly enough, but I think if they arrive in time then you should be good to go. I think the key wording is that they must be "Shipped" within 30 days of quote. Not positive though, don't blame me if it fails :)

apparently my mailpeople are douches too. They said they couldnt take my package because of the date and they showed me an email saying the package would be returned if the date was wrong, ugh. I guess I will just try to give it to my door mailman and if not go to a different usps station and hope they dont check it, argh. i cant print a new label with those locked in estimates so i wish they would just take my freekn package. argh

[quote name='Velo214']apparently my mailpeople are douches too. They said they couldnt take my package because of the date and they showed me an email saying the package would be returned if the date was wrong, ugh. I guess I will just try to give it to my door mailman and if not go to a different usps station and hope they dont check it, argh. i cant print a new label with those locked in estimates so i wish they would just take my freekn package. argh[/QUOTE]

So wait, your package(s) got denied? Or is this a new package you were sending off?

Oh and LMAO at the tags for this thread. They're almost as funny as the ones for the Darksider promo thread.:roll:

bread's done
Back