Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just received Verified Values on my box of 17 games that i sent 5/17. I'm quite amazed it made it there already, let-alone the games being verified.

For those worried about shipping stuff that's heavier than the label, the last two boxes I've sent have been 8lb boxes with 5lb labels, and I had no issues.

So... I got 2 giftcards today. One for $486 and one for $150.
I dont know where the $150 came from. I sent in 3 Tekken6's and 3 CoJ's a week ago, but it still says payment pending on the website. I'm hoping they just sent an extra gift card, but in reality they probly just sent the giftcard quickquick without sending the email saying they were sending it. Still it would be tight if I got a free gift card cuz of a mistake. I then went and used $55 of the cred to get 5 more monkey balls to trade back in for $100 cred. good deals :) It was interesting too because they combined a few of my trade-ins (seperate boxes) on to one gift card ($486) which I didn't expect them to do. So wootwoot

Velo, you probably just got the gift card you were meant to get. In fact, my order from when they paid me three weeks ago still says pending. So they don't update their shizz.

oh well :) I was pleasantly surprised at how quick it was this time round. I got my giftcards from a month ago and from a week ago on the same day. I guess they were just inundated with all the cag's and now they are getting their stuff done quickquick. Now im bout to send in darkvoid/3 white knights/5 smb's. Hopefully only takes 2 weeks or so this time too :)

Can someone fill me in on what the list is for? 2 for $60? I've been using dealtree for awhile not but I haven't read anything about a 2-for-60 may deal. I couldn't find it in this thread either but maybe I didn't go back far enough and couldn't find anything on bestbuy's page.

[quote name='callmewoof']Can someone fill me in on what the list is for? 2 for $60? I've been using dealtree for awhile not but I haven't read anything about a 2-for-60 may deal. I couldn't find it in this thread either but maybe I didn't go back far enough and couldn't find anything on bestbuy's page.[/QUOTE]

The link I left just above you quote has a list of all the 20 and 30 dollar games.

Ok but I mean to ask, is that list somehow any different than, say, just simply manually searching in the tradein estimator? Are the prices any different like in a special combo or guarenteed to stay that price all month? Or just a convienent 'what's hot' or 'find these at bbv wink wink' items? :)

[quote name='callmewoof']Ok but I mean to ask, is that list somehow any different than, say, just simply manually searching in the tradein estimator? Are the prices any different like in a special combo or guarenteed to stay that price all month? Or just a convienent 'what's hot' or 'find these at bbv wink wink' items? :)[/QUOTE]

The list is a special set of games they are CURRENTLY offering guaranteed prices on. Most of them are higher than anywhere else. There is no magic combination of two games that get you $60 dollars if their trade in values don't add up to $60 on the list. Manually searching in the tradein estimator will get you the same values.

A game can drop off that list at any time as people have seen with LBP. There have also been games that have went from 30 to 20. As far as I can tell, they update that master list at nearly the same time they change the tradein estimator values, as they should.

I hope that helps.

I am tired and lazy. So games that are sort of scratched but not horribly, anyone have problems getting full credit through paypal?

I just got GOW3 in the mail new but I can't tell if it's ok. The disc has these ripples (not physically), is it normal for ps3 games to have this, I can't test it out since I don't have a ps3.

[quote name='yruluis']I just got GOW3 in the mail new but I can't tell if it's ok. The disc has these ripples (not physically), is it normal for ps3 games to have this, I can't test it out since I don't have a ps3.[/QUOTE]

That's how all Blu-ray discs look.

[quote name='yruluis']I just got GOW3 in the mail new but I can't tell if it's ok. The disc has these ripples (not physically), is it normal for ps3 games to have this, I can't test it out since I don't have a ps3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='reininop']That's how all Blu-ray discs look.[/QUOTE]

Interesting - I've only seen that on some used games I bought and I was worried, initially, that they had tried to buff them like with a 360 or Wii game (especially since they came from GS.com). I don't think you can buff blu-rays - at least not with the same equipment as a DVD. But maybe some of them just look like that.

But if yours is new, then no worries... Plus, yeah, I just think some (but certainly not all) look that way.

[quote name='io']Interesting - I've only seen that on some used games I bought and I was worried, initially, that they had tried to buff them like with a 360 or Wii game (especially since they came from GS.com). I don't think you can buff blu-rays - at least not with the same equipment as a DVD. But maybe some of them just look like that.

But if yours is new, then no worries... Plus, yeah, I just think some (but certainly not all) look that way.[/QUOTE]

I own 100 Blu-rays.... they all look that way.

[quote name='reininop']I own 100 Blu-rays.... they all look that way.[/QUOTE]

Are there different formats of blu-ray (I mean like different densities, dual-layer and such like with DVD)? Because I just pulled two at random: God of War III is very rippled looking while White Knight Chronicles is not at all. And it was odd enough for me to notice it just a few weeks ago for the first time when I had never seen it before to think that most do not look like that (and I've had my PS3 for almost 2 years now). I have traded dozens of PS3 games from BBV in to Amazon/Gazelle/Dealtree and always inspect and clean them and very few have looked rippled like that. Note that for the most part I have dealt with PS3 games and not movies (I ony own a few blu-ray movies) - so maybe it is more common on movie discs for some reason.

Edit: pulled some more:

Not rippled: Bayonetta, Beatles Rock Band, Lego Rock Band, Brutal Legend, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Hero 5, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Dark Void, Enchanted Arms, Where The Wild Things Are, Tomb Raider Underworld

Rippled: can't find another besides GoW III...

So, yeah, they most certainly do not "all look that way"!

But, yruluis, I can verify that God of War III, in any case, is that way, so no worries... It is so very obviously different looking than every other one I can find.

[quote name='io']Are there different formats of blu-ray (I mean like different densities, dual-layer and such like with DVD)? Because I just pulled two at random: God of War III is very rippled looking while White Knight Chronicles is not at all. And it was odd enough for me to notice it just a few weeks ago for the first time when I had never seen it before to think that most do not look like that (and I've had my PS3 for almost 2 years now). I have traded dozens of PS3 games from BBV in to Amazon/Gazelle/Dealtree and always inspect and clean them and very few have looked rippled like that. Note that for the most part I have dealt with PS3 games and not movies (I ony own a few blu-ray movies) - so maybe it is more common on movie discs for some reason.

Not rippled: Bayonetta, Beatles Rock Band, Lego Rock Band, Brutal Legend, Guitar Hero Smash Hits, Guitar Hero 5, Bakugan Battle Brawlers, Dark Void, Enchanted Arms, Where The Wild Things Are, Tomb Raider Underworld

But, yruluis, I can verify that God of War III, in any case, is that way, so no worries... It is so very obviously different looking than every other one I can find.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clearing that up.

[quote name='io']Are there different formats of blu-ray (I mean like different densities, dual-layer and such like with DVD)? Because I just pulled two at random: God of War III is very rippled looking while White Knight Chronicles is not at all. And it was odd enough for me to notice it just a few weeks ago for the first time when I had never seen it before to think that most do not look like that (and I've had my PS3 for almost 2 years now). I have traded dozens of PS3 games from BBV in to Amazon/Gazelle/Dealtree and always inspect and clean them and very few have looked rippled like that. Note that for the most part I have dealt with PS3 games and not movies (I ony own a few blu-ray movies) - so maybe it is more common on movie discs for some reason.

But, yruluis, I can verify that God of War III, in any case, is that way, so no worries... It is so very obviously different looking than every other one I can find.[/QUOTE]

My GoWIII looks like it has swirls on the bottom. Looked like a bad disc but it plays fine

Ok, I read through the first 5 pages and last 4 pages and can't find this answer. Has anybody sent sealed games in? I've got some flips and don't want to open them incase they get rejected I don't want to be stuck with them.

[quote name='sdcranford']Ok, I read through the first 5 pages and last 4 pages and can't find this answer. Has anybody sent sealed games in? I've got some flips and don't want to open them incase they get rejected I don't want to be stuck with them.[/QUOTE]

I sent in 9 sealed games a week ago and they were all verified no problem. It was my first time so I can't promise you to do it but I think it works ok, it did for me at least.

And on that note, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get paid (paypal method) once the games are verified? Mine were verified on 5/20 and I'm still waiting to get paid... should I contact them yet? I want my monies! :O

[quote name='reininop']For people that just can't find the list, BestBuy seems to keep it updated on their site:

http://images.bestbuy.com/BestBuy_US/en_US/images/abn/2010/tg/pcon/maytradeinoffer.pdf?h=387 [/quote]

Wow!! It looks like Afrika and MAG may be going away and soon to the EZ Tradein site, since I haven't had any luck getting rid of them on CAG.

I'm also considering going back to Blockbuster and hoping that B1G1 50% off is still going and grabbing some Toy Story Manias, followed by a trip to Best Buy to pick up 7 of the Super Monkey Ball game.

[quote name='callmewoof']I sent in 9 sealed games a week ago and they were all verified no problem. It was my first time so I can't promise you to do it but I think it works ok, it did for me at least.

And on that note, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get paid (paypal method) once the games are verified? Mine were verified on 5/20 and I'm still waiting to get paid... should I contact them yet? I want my monies! :O[/QUOTE]

i'd wait just aa little longer

[quote name='rainking187']Just checking, but is this http://ez.eztradein.com/eztradein/ the same company as the eBay and Best Buy trade ins? And is it legit?[/QUOTE]

yes, no matter which one you trade it in to, the label prints out with the Best Buy trade-in center address.

I accidently sent one in through the Ebay one once, and I've also used eztradein and BestBuy, so I can confirm they all have the same address.

Besides, if you read the top of the webpages, they all say they are a Dealtree company, which is owned by BestBuy.

[quote name='callmewoof']I sent in 9 sealed games a week ago and they were all verified no problem. It was my first time so I can't promise you to do it but I think it works ok, it did for me at least.

And on that note, can anyone tell me how long it takes to get paid (paypal method) once the games are verified? Mine were verified on 5/20 and I'm still waiting to get paid... should I contact them yet? I want my monies! :O[/QUOTE]

honestly, it took them like 2 to 2 n half weeks to pay me through my paypal account-n also no money was taken from my paypal account as i was worried they might since i was receiving a payment. I'm in chicago so im not sure if thats why it took longer or not.

but they did pay the quoted price on all the games so i was happy.

So they just verified 6 of the games I sent in this morning, but it's for the giftcard I received last week. Hopefully they mess up and send me another giftcard. lol

[quote name='Velo214']So they just verified 6 of the games I sent in this morning, but it's for the giftcard I received last week. Hopefully they mess up and send me another giftcard. lol[/QUOTE]

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for my first GC to arrive... Received shipping email last Tuesday... still no card. I called them last night and they require me to wait 2 weeks before the reissue a GC and send it to me... FML.

Question.....first time sending games to Best Buy and I just want to know if all you include are games and the paper you print out along with the shipping label with the check marks. Thanks in advance..

[quote name='jr1016']Question.....first time sending games to Best Buy and I just want to know if all you include are games and the paper you print out along with the shipping label with the check marks. Thanks in advance..[/QUOTE]

Yes

Does EZTradein or Best Buy take generic cover art, i.e. Hollywood Video or stuff you printed out yourself for full value?

[quote name='J7.']Does EZTradein or Best Buy take generic cover art, i.e. Hollywood Video or stuff you printed out yourself for full value?[/QUOTE]

Good question. I got a Dark Void (PS3) from HWV today for $5, I'd like to send it in for $20

[quote name='J7.']Does EZTradein or Best Buy take generic cover art, i.e. Hollywood Video or stuff you printed out yourself for full value?[/QUOTE]

Not too sure...one of the games I got from GS had a "fake cover", persay and they still accepted it.

anyone know how to check status on orders sent in?

just sent off my super monkey balls

BTW totally wasn't impressed with game thats why I sent them off

[quote name='josh62488']anyone know how to check status on orders sent in?[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you're asking for exactly.
1. If you want to see if your package has been delivered, use the number that's above the bar code to track on USPS.
2. If it's been delivered already, log in to your account on the trade in website and click "my account" somewhere toward the top right. You should find their status with dealtree there.

I snagged three copies of Super Monkey Ball from BB earlier tonight with the $20 off coupon. Now I just have to go lock in the $20 trade value on each.

I'm also debating dumping MAG and Afrika on them unless someone on CAG wanted them.

EDIT: I just locked in the values for three copies of Super Monkey Ball, just in case it tanks anytime soon.:D

So, how long have people taken to get there cash from the Eztrade site? Its been 7 days since they verified the games, and still no payment.

it could take another week or 2, just be patient, but I noticed they have been moving faster lately, but then again cags are on the move sending mass smb's, lol, so maybe they are getting clogged again. There could be only one worker there, and they take their time.

Sent in FF13 (that game sucked) & an extra copy
of borderlands I had on 5/20. Got verification email this morning (5/27). Message said up to 7 days to see money in PP. Also sent in 6 SMB on 24th. Hopefully those go through as fast.

Has anyone sent in something video games and gotten a prepaid UPS label? I read some people posts before that they had to pay for their UPS shipments.

I just sent in my old cell phone and it gave me a UPS label instead of a USPS label. Also, where the USPS printout has a packing slip, the UPS printout has this little flier

picture.php

The part on the bottom about it being a customer-paid transaction is confusing me. I dropped off the package at the UPS store with the expectation of having to pay, but when the guy scanned it he just put it in the pick-up pile and said that was it.

I'm guessing that part of the flier must be referring to the cost for packaging then? :whistle2:k

[quote name='major morgan']Has anyone sent in something video games and gotten a prepaid UPS label? I read some people posts before that they had to pay for their UPS shipments.

I just sent in my old cell phone and it gave me a UPS label instead of a USPS label. Also, where the USPS printout has a packing slip, the UPS printout has this little flier

picture.php

The part on the bottom about it being a customer-paid transaction is confusing me. I dropped off the package at the UPS store with the expectation of having to pay, but when the guy scanned it he just put it in the pick-up pile and said that was it.

I'm guessing that part of the flier must be referring to the cost for packaging then? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

it's the fact that you traded in an electronic that made them give you a UPS label instead of post office.

Most electronics are sent via UPS because of better coverage.

bread's done
Back