Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hqn101']Just open them you never know what excuses people come up with to reject your stuff[/QUOTE]

Yep, I opened all my Lego Indy 2s (8 Wii, 3 360)

[quote name='david12795']Now im getting really worried, it has been since the 23rd of may and my tracker hasn't been updated.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure when you sent your stuff in but it takes about 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

[quote name='david12795']Now im getting really worried, it has been since the 23rd of may and my tracker hasn't been updated.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Mine has now been MIA without a scan since May 30th at the post office 30 miles from the place.:bomb:

I figured it was on track to make it there in 3-4 days MAX with how quickly it made it to the Capitol Heights, MD sorting facility. It's like the USPS is intentionally stalling the fuckin' package there for a while since it's a Parcel Post package.

That's probably the fastest a Parcel Post package has ever made it from one place to another for me. Usually it's a two week process.:roll:

just got a verified value for 5 smb's for $20 each. woot
on a sidenote, neither tru or bb are taking Nier for tradein doh. i guess gamestop here i come.

[quote name='Velo214']just got a verified value for 5 smb's for $20 each. woot
on a sidenote, neither tru or bb are taking Nier for tradein doh. i guess gamestop here i come.[/QUOTE]

Nier was $36 at amazon for a few days recently. I don't think its been added to gazelle yet but i haven't checked. They''ve been slow recently.

I remember when a few of us got $10 codes from gamestop orders that we had canceled, now that was something :) I think Jackie Chandler got 6 from trying out the codes (when we were getting 40% off glitch, lol.

oh yeah and all my monkey balls were sealed/unopened so that wasn't an issue at all, got them all verified today($20each). oh n mine were delivered there on the 27th, verified today, so bout 4-5 days til they did anything.

nier for $36 through amazon, ooh i might have to check that out, cag has gs's tiv at $22 but that was may9th. not to be lazy, but can you lockin the amazon prices the same as this deal... i still have some raw material farming that might take me a week to plat...just checked amazon has it for $28... so i may just go with gs cuz the extra 40% if it's still 22... we will see...

Did anyone else notice that wherehouse.com will now credit your paypal account for trades. I just sent in 360 Super Street Fighter IV 15.75 and DS Glory of Heracles 9.75

[quote name='confoosious']I get the feeling that Capitol Heights, MD is run by retarded monkeys.

Because there's a huge bottleneck there.[/QUOTE]
There's at least a couple spots on the east and west coasts that must be run by retarded monkeys. Like the one post office out in CA where GS sent my LBP GOTY from, which then got routed out to HAWAII to be sorted. That would've been fine....if I lived on the west coast, but being from PA that just made the wait to get the game that much longer.

Yet the USPS wonders why they're hemorrhaging money. It can't be cheap to run all of those trucks/planes taking parcels that would be delivered quicker with less gas and man hours wasted if they would just retool some of these routes.

And don't even get me started on the guide and game packages that either were resorted for 5-6 days or went 400-500 miles out of the way before slowly making their way to their destinations.:roll:

im worried 2 my post office told me they did not need to scan the package last thrusday the 27th and i live pretty close to maryland and when i put in the tracking number all i get is that the post office has been notified of your shipment. its a 310 dollar trade and it has not updated at all im really stressin about it.

[quote name='bredbu']im worried 2 my post office told me they did not need to scan the package last thrusday the 27th and i live pretty close to maryland and when i put in the tracking number all i get is that the post office has been notified of your shipment. its a 310 dollar trade and it has not updated at all im really stressin about it.[/QUOTE]
I'm even closer and while I don't have as much sent in as you I definitely want to know it's delivered already.

It's weird too. They must've started doing a different route for the packages, since instead of going out to Swedesboro(NJ) to be processed as the second stop on the route they now go to the Philly post office as step 2.

When I shipped parcel post, I simply added insurance to cover my cost. No worries for about $3. When shipping 1 or 2 I don't bother, but I would not trust USPS with $100+ worth of merchandise.

Just got my Paypal deposit of $130 for White Knight Chronicles and Operation Flashpoint. Verified only yesterday. They're definitely on the ball here.

Ok guys so here's question:

Is it ok to put two orders (with 2 shipping manifests) in one box? Basically I have a large box that will hold my 20 games and I wanna know if they'll accept that, as long as both separate manifests are in the box.

[quote name='PapaSmerf']When I shipped parcel post, I simply added insurance to cover my cost. No worries for about $3. When shipping 1 or 2 I don't bother, but I would not trust USPS with $100+ worth of merchandise.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I also asked for a copy of the tracking number.

It may be possible. Are you planning on putting both shipping labels on the box? Even if you could, I think your are just adding complication and trusting the handlers on the other end to figure it out. Pretty risky. I assume you are making enough money on the deal to buy another box or two if you can't find them for free.

Changed my mind. realized the label is only good for 4 pounds, and this is 7. Ill just go buy two boxes :) answered my own question haha

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Ok guys so here's question:

Is it ok to put two orders (with 2 shipping manifests) in one box? Basically I have a large box that will hold my 20 games and I wanna know if they'll accept that, as long as both separate manifests are in the box.[/QUOTE]

I asked them the same thing because one label was underpaid while the other was overpaid (they gave me an 8 lb label for one order because I locked in a bunch of extra stuff that I didnt end up sending)... another label for 2 lbs for 8 lbs worth of stuff. Here is what they told me:

Dear [myname],

Thank you for contacting us. You may package these items together, as long as you were directed to send them all to the same address, and you included both shipping manifests in the package. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Haley

Dealtree Customer Support

We shall see if I get paid for the correct stuff.

[quote name='freshzen']I'm not sure when you sent your stuff in but it takes about 3 weeks if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Ouch. Mine has now been MIA without a scan since May 30th at the post office 30 miles from the place.:bomb:

I figured it was on track to make it there in 3-4 days MAX with how quickly it made it to the Capitol Heights, MD sorting facility. It's like the USPS is intentionally stalling the fuckin' package there for a while since it's a Parcel Post package.

That's probably the fastest a Parcel Post package has ever made it from one place to another for me. Usually it's a two week process.:roll:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bredbu']im worried 2 my post office told me they did not need to scan the package last thrusday the 27th and i live pretty close to maryland and when i put in the tracking number all i get is that the post office has been notified of your shipment. its a 310 dollar trade and it has not updated at all im really stressin about it.[/QUOTE]

Glad to know I'm not the only one then. Freshzen is right. It does take 3 weeks for the whole process. But last time i did it, it shipped a little bit faster but the whole verification took up a bit longer as well. Maybe something holding up the place. Hopefully they didnt lose any packages.

[quote name='BrownCracker']I have a package that has stalled at Capitol Heights, MD also. Its been there for a few days now.[/QUOTE]

I just got an e-mail saying that it was delivered, but it was delivered to Cockeysville, MD. This happen to anyone else? I thought these were going to Hunt Valley, MD?

[quote name='ithebigc']So...since you all have been doing this a lot longer than me, do you think it'll matter if I send in 10 PS3 Lego Indy 2's all factory sealed? I know sometimes Gamestop doesn't take sealed games because they think you stole them or something, but I don't know Best Buy's policies. I read back on the thread and people said they have sent in sealed games and Best Buy accepted it, but I don't think anyone sent them TEN games all factory sealed.

Oh, and I'll be buying the games in 4 seperate orders from bestbuy.com (they have a max 3 per order, and I locked in 10 PS3 Lego Indy 2's so I'll have 3 orders of 3 and 1 of 1. Basically buying games from them and sending it back in for money.

Opinions?[/QUOTE]

Open half of them, send them in at least 2 different orders. The 5 sealed ones in 1 package, the 5 opened in another.

[quote name='confoosious']I get the feeling that Capitol Heights, MD is run by retarded monkeys.

Because there's a huge bottleneck there.[/QUOTE]
Or they could just be swamped with packages.

[quote name='BrownCracker']I just got an e-mail saying that it was delivered, but it was delivered to Cockeysville, MD. This happen to anyone else? I thought these were going to Hunt Valley, MD?[/QUOTE]

Google maps shows that these two towns are streets away from each other. The company has them sent to each post office randomly. Probably so 1 post office does not get so many packages they go insane.

If you trade that much in 1 package get it insured. But really you should spread it out into 2 or 3 packages and not put your eggs all in 1 basket.

[quote name='ploppsdman']Same here. I also asked for a copy of the tracking number.[/QUOTE]

In the email you use to get the shipping label, at the end of that link, the numbers there are your tracking #. You can copy and paste that into USPS.

[quote name='stoned99']Did anyone else notice that wherehouse.com will now credit your paypal account for trades. I just sent in 360 Super Street Fighter IV 15.75 and DS Glory of Heracles 9.75[/QUOTE]

Oooh a potentially new trade in place! I may try them out. Are you the first CAG to mention them? Here is CAG feedback on them: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3957334

[quote name='dyeknom']I asked them the same thing because one label was underpaid while the other was overpaid (they gave me an 8 lb label for one order because I locked in a bunch of extra stuff that I didnt end up sending)... another label for 2 lbs for 8 lbs worth of stuff. Here is what they told me:

Quote:
Dear [myname],

Thank you for contacting us. You may package these items together, as long as you were directed to send them all to the same address, and you included both shipping manifests in the package. We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you,
Haley

We shall see if I get paid for the correct stuff.[/QUOTE]

It would be great if we could get Dealtree's reply into the OP stating that you can ship 2 different orders in the same package.

[quote name='BrownCracker']I just got an e-mail saying that it was delivered, but it was delivered to Cockeysville, MD. This happen to anyone else? I thought these were going to Hunt Valley, MD?[/QUOTE]

Mine finally showed up in cockeysville today I'm just glad it's not lost. But I have had them show up in cockeysville before

I'm in Cockeysville right now... and across the street from the Hunt Valley Towne Center. The two areas are ambiguously close together.

[quote name='dyeknom']I asked them the same thing because one label was underpaid while the other was overpaid (they gave me an 8 lb label for one order because I locked in a bunch of extra stuff that I didnt end up sending)... another label for 2 lbs for 8 lbs worth of stuff. Here is what they told me:

Quote:
Dear [myname],

Thank you,
Haley

We shall see if I get paid for the correct stuff.[/QUOTE]

It would be great if we could get Dealtree's reply into the OP stating that you can ship 2 different orders in the same package.

[quote name='GuardianE']I'm in Cockeysville right now... and across the street from the Hunt Valley Towne Center. The two areas are ambiguously close together.[/QUOTE]

So you got tired of waiting eh :lol: jk.
np brown

mine says delivered too. Still waiting on one shipment that hasnt been updated since the 23 -_-.

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on May 23, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later."

Those of you who sent in games with generic cases or box art, did you get the full TIV? I know it's YMMV, but I don't want to send in a game if they're going to knock off half of the trade value.

Has anyone tried to play LegoIndy2 on PS3? This game is the biggest glitchy piece of junk I have ever played. I just got done platting darkvoid and that froze on me once and I thought it was terrible. Now I am playing this crapfest and it freezes on me every 20 minutes. I'm thinking of doing a safe mode file restore or delete and reinstall gamedata but this is just horrible. It just froze on me 5 times in the last day, twice in the last half hour. omg i hate this pos i just wanna get some trophies n trade it in. argh

also my ps3 is downloading so slow, i dont know what the deal is. I can still play mw2 fine and everything, but i dl'd the soldner-x bundle yesterday and it said 300 minutes, omg. is my ps3 gonna die or what the hell is going on? argh

[quote name='Velo214']Has anyone tried to play LegoIndy2 on PS3? This game is the biggest glitchy piece of junk I have ever played. I just got done platting darkvoid and that froze on me once and I thought it was terrible. Now I am playing this crapfest and it freezes on me every 20 minutes. I'm thinking of doing a safe mode file restore or delete and reinstall gamedata but this is just horrible. It just froze on me 5 times in the last day, twice in the last half hour. omg i hate this pos i just wanna get some trophies n trade it in. argh

also my ps3 is downloading so slow, i dont know what the deal is. I can still play mw2 fine and everything, but i dl'd the soldner-x bundle yesterday and it said 300 minutes, omg. is my ps3 gonna die or what the hell is going on? argh[/QUOTE]

Are you actually playing the games youre flipping for trophies?

[quote name='Pookymeister']Verified and paid for 2 more packages today. Only one left to verify and get paid for - was received by them yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm - maybe some faster processing? That bodes well for the stuff I sent at the end of last week.

[quote name='Velo214']Has anyone tried to play LegoIndy2 on PS3? This game is the biggest glitchy piece of junk I have ever played. I just got done platting darkvoid and that froze on me once and I thought it was terrible. Now I am playing this crapfest and it freezes on me every 20 minutes. I'm thinking of doing a safe mode file restore or delete and reinstall gamedata but this is just horrible. It just froze on me 5 times in the last day, twice in the last half hour. omg i hate this pos i just wanna get some trophies n trade it in. argh

also my ps3 is downloading so slow, i dont know what the deal is. I can still play mw2 fine and everything, but i dl'd the soldner-x bundle yesterday and it said 300 minutes, omg. is my ps3 gonna die or what the hell is going on? argh[/QUOTE]

Yeah, don't know what to tell you. I was actually playing Lego Indy 2 a few weeks ago because I had gotten it from GS during one of the big coupon deals (but well before the price drop so even after coupons I paid like $26 for it). I had played it for several hours and I think it may have frozen once on me.

I put it aside when I got all the Blockbuster games that I wanted to try playing before I sent in to Dealtree/Gazelle. I've already knocked out Dante's Inferno (a fairly easy platinum), and am working on Bayonetta as you noticed the other night. Dante's Inferno is already on its way to Dealtree for $30. Bayonette will be going to Gazelle for $28 as soon as I finish it (won't be going for a plat on that as I can barely handle Normal :lol:). Then I have God of War III with a $30 quote from Dealtree too. I'll have to knock that one out quick when I'm done with Bayonetta. Those are 3 games I may have never played if it wasn't for the confluence of the couple of hours (here on the West Coast - East coasters had most of the day) glitch at BBV and the high trade-in values. Now it's like I'm getting paid to rent them ;). So, yeah, hqn101, I am doing that. I also have Dark Void that I have held off sending in to Dealtree. I might give that a spin too. I'm not playing them solely for trophies - I felt like I wanted to complete some more games as I usually only finish one every couple of months (as I tend to play 100+ hour RPGs mostly). So this was a great chance to broaden my gaming, score a few trophies, and make some money in the process: a win all around!

yeah iv been playn all the games iv been flippn for trophies...luckily the 30 day lockin gives me time :) it's like my game/job lol. playing all these bad games makes me really enjoy the good ones...altho having hannah montana and wild things/etc as plats kinda demeans the whole process... peace

What is up with the ezTrade site? They say print out a UPS shipping label and ship to ezTrade then give me a label for BEST BUY TRADE IN CENTER that is for the USPS. I already sent out my game but just noticed this now...

looks like ez trade in is not doing video games anymore !!!!! i just went to the site and the whole catagory is gone they bettter honor the estimates they already gave us. And best buy has put in place a limit of 3 of the same game per year !!! im worried now i have a couple of packages that have not been verified by dealtree.

Yeah, it look like the gig is up. This was just placed on the Best Buy trade in site.....

Limit: We will not accept more than 3 games of the same title and platform from a customer (or address) in a year. Please do not submit more than the limit as excess submissions WILL NOT BE RETURNED.

They better not try to screw any of us.......

Holy shit...there goes my side job! lol That was really profitable while it lasted. I'm glad I locked in the rest of my trades last week.

they better honor the estimates cuase it says that excess games will not be returned!! so if i have 10 copies of lego indy on my way to them they better not just keep them and not give me my money

https://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?platform=Wii

You can still add stuff via this link, though.

Also, on bestbuytradein's main page Video games have been removed (but their link still works)
Products eligible for the Online Trade-In program:

• Apple Desktops
  • Apple iPods
  • Apple Laptops
  • Camcorders
  • Car Audio Receivers
  • Flat-Screen Computer Monitors
  • Game Systems
  • GPS Receivers
  • HD DVD Players

• Home Audio Receivers
  • Mobile Phones
  • Multimedia Projectors
  • PC Desktops
  • PC Laptops
  • PDAs & Handheld Computers
  • Servers
  • Digital Cameras
  • External Hard Drives

Come on, no one can really be surprised. As usual some CAG'rs went apeshit and tried to make a living off flipping games. Honestly we're such a greedy bunch of SOB's. Over the years we've killed so many deals. 1 by 1 they drop like flies. Only GS keeps it's trade in prices in good order, and we still managed to harass them on a fairly regular basis.

bread's done
Back