Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont know how dealtree and gazelle could be the same processor but both be wildly different in how they handle stuff. Dealtree looks to be run by monkeys and gazelle by intelligent people.

I wonder if there is a set group of employees responsible for the dealtree stuff and another for gazelle.

The gazelle folks worked a full day yesterday while the dealtree folks fucked off at 4:00 and called it a week.

Only the processing is run by the same company, it's subcontracted out to GamersFactory. Once the sorting is done then they would go out to the company (DealTree or Gazelle, etc) to sell. DealTree just got caught with it's pants down, I wouldn't say they seem to be run by monkeys. All of the online traders have had exploitive TIV's, DealTree is just the latest.

[quote name='confoosious']i dont know how dealtree and gazelle could be the same processor but both be wildly different in how they handle stuff. Dealtree looks to be run by monkeys and gazelle by intelligent people.

I wonder if there is a set group of employees responsible for the dealtree stuff and another for gazelle.

The gazelle folks worked a full day yesterday while the dealtree folks fucked off at 4:00 and called it a week.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. And I got two Gazelle payments over the weekend: one Saturday and one today. Meanwhile still MIA for my lost Dealtree submission that they were going to look into ASAP.

If I wasn't looking into buying a new DSLR @BB, I wouldn't have jumped on the deals for SMB Step and Indy 2 (turning some gs credit into bb on those). 2 packs of 3X SMB sent on 5-29, received on 6-3. Should be verified this week, I hope. Sent 2x Indy 2 for each of the 3 platforms (6 total) in 6-5, and those values were locked in on 5-30. I noticed on the shipping manifest yesterday, it now has a column for the date the value was locked in.

Also, I have to say that I find it amusing that I've turned free BB RZ games into GS credit, only to use that GS credit to turn back into BB credit. Just lovely...

Now if BB would ever get the T2i Body in stock...

[quote name='bredbu']They verified 10 copies of dark void for me yesterday shipped them out may 28th

im a little concerned though because i got that same message about not bieng able to be delivierd

We attempted to deliver your item at 4:01 PM on June 5, 2010 in COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

does this mean that we have to call the post office and ask them to deliver or do you think deal tree will. or do you think they are just out of money and figure this is the easiest way to screw us.

its wierd though something of mine got delivered to gazelle on saturday no trouble[/QUOTE]

I got the same USPS tracking message. I wouldn't worry too much as it seems several people got the same. I suspect they will be delivered tomorrow.

[quote name='Ronin317']If I wasn't looking into buying a new DSLR @BB, I wouldn't have jumped on the deals for SMB Step and Indy 2 (turning some gs credit into bb on those). 2 packs of 3X SMB sent on 5-29, received on 6-3. Should be verified this week, I hope. Sent 2x Indy 2 for each of the 3 platforms (6 total) in 6-5, and those values were locked in on 5-30. I noticed on the shipping manifest yesterday, it now has a column for the date the value was locked in.

Also, I have to say that I find it amusing that I've turned free BB RZ games into GS credit, only to use that GS credit to turn back into BB credit. Just lovely...

Now if BB would ever get the T2i Body in stock...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. I got 2 indy for all 3 consoles but I wasn't sure if I should send them in with everything that's happening. I guess I'll have to risk it even though they were locked-in in May.

[quote name='soonerdoc']I got the same USPS tracking message. I wouldn't worry too much as it seems several people got the same. I suspect they will be delivered tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

It's seems that there was a problem of some sort on saturday. I just checked one of my other trades and it was delivered on friday the 4th. Again, I don't want to send in the other games without confirming that they will be accepted.

[quote name='io']Just to follow up my earlier post (was on my phone then) I had contacted them about my missing submission from May 28th and they said (in a pretty rapid response) that they would look into it and verify it ASAP. Nothing has happened since then. I had Dante's Inferno PS3 and another game in there. Everything else I sent that week before and after got verified. I wonder if there's a problem with Dante's Inferno - possibly the misleading subtitle of "Divine Edition" because maybe to someone that makes it seem like am LE or something though it is just the name of the PS3 version. In any case, they didn't even verify the other game I sent along with it so I don't know what's up with that.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask them if it being the divine edition had a role into why it's missing? I'd call but I have games on my trade list from April that I have not sent in yet nor will I send them in now.

[quote name='yruluis']
Did you ask them if it being the divine edition had a role into why it's missing?[/QUOTE]

No, I just thought of that afterwards. Besides, they verified your copy, didn't they? I'll give them a chance to sort it out Monday since, basically, I communicated with them late Friday afternoon and probably no one has had a chance to do anything with it, especially given how they didn't even accept their mail on Saturday.

[quote name='io']No, I just thought of that afterwards. Besides, they verified your copy, didn't they? I'll give them a chance to sort it out Monday since, basically, I communicated with them late Friday afternoon and probably no one has had a chance to do anything with it, especially given how they didn't even accept their mail on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

No, it says that it was delivered but they haven't verified it yet.

[quote name='yruluis']My stuff got delivered around the 29th. I had a trade for three games but only sent in two because I already passed the limit on GS.com for the game so I had to send the other two. Thing is, they still verified the whole trade even without the other game (worth $0 of course). I wanted to include the game that's still pending but wasn't sure if they would be able to tell that in was from another trade.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yruluis']So one of the games that went "missing"(received but not verified) was just verified. Now all I'm am missing is Dante's Inferno for PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yruluis']No, it says that it was delivered but they haven't verified it yet.[/QUOTE]

Ok, you had me confused there - I had to go back and check all your posts.

So, you sent in 2 games of a 3-game trade, and one of them was Dante's Inferno for PS3. But they verified the other game in that set but not Dante? Is that right?

My situation is similar except I only had a 2-game submission and they have not verified the other game in addition to not verifying Dante's Inferno.

[quote name='io']Ok, you had me confused there - I had to go back and check all your posts.

So, you sent in 2 games of a 3-game trade, and one of them was Dante's Inferno for PS3. But they verified the other game in that set but not Dante? Is that right?

My situation is similar except I only had a 2-game submission and they have not verified the other game in addition to not verifying Dante's Inferno.[/QUOTE]

Sort of, I had originally planned to send in Splinter Cell but I had already order a copy from GS.com so I couldn't. I got Dante's PS3 to replace it even though I had already gotten a quote for SC:C. The games that were part of the 3 game trade were verified.

Oh shyt:My package of 9 Dark voids was dropped off the day the change in policy was set up

We attempted to deliver your item at 4:01 PM on June 5, 2010 in COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030 and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 15 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

spacer.gif

Notice Left, June 05, 2010, 4:01 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030
Notice Left, June 05, 2010, 4:00 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030
Arrival at Unit, June 05, 2010, 3:30 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 25, 2010

Looks like they stopped taking packages

So how long does it typically take for them to check items in? One of my packages was delivered last Friday (5/30) and it's still saying "Waiting to Receive."

I sent 2 separate shipments on Thursday at the same time, but one of them was sent to Orlando Florida, and the other shipment arrived at Cockeysville Maryland. I'm sorta baffled as to why they would send only one to Maryland:whistle2:k

Well, nothing on my missing one, but they are back to work as they processed two cancellations for me early this morning. I'm cancelling out extra TSM and SMB trades I had submitted, hoping that clears a little room off my pending list and makes it easier to accept the ones I did send in ;).

[quote name='sp00ge']So how long does it typically take for them to check items in? One of my packages was delivered last Friday (5/30) and it's still saying "Waiting to Receive."[/QUOTE]

I really hate these bastards and how slow they are.

I've got about $350 of pending trades just sitting there even though theyv'e been delivered.

[quote name='io']Well, nothing on my missing one, but they are back to work as they processed two cancellations for me early this morning. I'm cancelling out extra TSM and SMB trades I had submitted, hoping that clears a little room off my pending list and makes it easier to accept the ones I did send in ;).[/QUOTE]

Did you have to give a reason? I have some games that I'm not going to send in so I'd like to cancel them.

[quote name='yruluis']Did you have to give a reason? I have some games that I'm not going to send in so I'd like to cancel them.[/QUOTE]
Just write "cancel please" and that's all they need to hear

Ok, I have over $500 worth of trades that I had submitted on 5/29, but I have not sent them yet. This includes 10 TSMs and no more than 3 of any other game. Should I still send all the games in or is it too late? io, I agree with you that they can't possibly verify valueson games, then just take (read: steal) those games because you were ignorant of a policy update. I'm in no position to go to Orange County and file a suit, and I'd prefer not to get screwed. What do you guy suggest I do at this point?

[quote name='sp00ge']So how long does it typically take for them to check items in? One of my packages was delivered last Friday (5/30) and it's still saying "Waiting to Receive."[/QUOTE]

Same here... maybe they aren't open on weekends or something.

[quote name='david12795']Got verified on the 4th of June....still waiting.[/QUOTE]

Dude, I just got confirmation on two games that were verified the 24th.

[quote name='jmman']My two deliveries that had a status of "left notice" were delivered today. FYI.....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yruluis']Dude, I just got confirmation on two games that were verified the 24th.[/QUOTE]

I wonder whats with all the hold up.

Hopefully I'll receive my payment soon because they said they'll pay within the next 7 days.

[quote name='jmman']My two deliveries that had a status of "left notice" were delivered today. FYI.....[/QUOTE]

Did you get verified and how many games did you send in if you sent duplicates?

[quote name='david12795']I wonder whats with all the hold up.

Hopefully I'll receive my payment soon because they said they'll pay within the next 7 days.[/QUOTE]

I gotta think the holdup is dealtree/ebay/bb deliberately telling them to hold it up. Gazelle is the same address and they do it right away.

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Just write "cancel please" and that's all they need to hear[/QUOTE]

Either way, I have to call to see what is up with my missing Dante's Inferno.

Same here, and as I expected, the stuff I mailed on Weds/Thurs also got delivered today (the ones that had notices left on Saturday I had mailed on Tuesday). So they have a crapload of my games right now and the waiting game begins to see how they handle them. Plus I am still waiting on that issue with Dante's Inferno that they said they would look into ASAP - it wasn't encouraging when I got nothing from them all day today.

My two packages that had attempted delivery on Saturday were delivered today, but no, they have not been verified yet. On a good note though, I just received notice of payment on 20 copies of a certain game, so I think we should all be in good shape......

[quote name='cametall']Same here... maybe they aren't open on weekends or something.[/QUOTE]

By last Friday, I meant, according to the DC#, it was delivered 9 days ago and they're still showing as "waiting to receive."

Sp00ge, it seems they had some trouble with stuff delivered around that time frame.

Here is what I mentioned earlier:

I had a few things verified on 5/29 that were mailed just a few days before that. But then I had one package (which happened to have Dante's Inferno in it as we've been discussing since that seems to be a problem title for some reason) delivered on the 28th. That one has not been verified yet and they are supposedly looking into it for me. Meanwhile, I had stuff delivered on June 2nd that was verified on June 4th. But you are at least the 3rd person with a 5/28-5/29 delivery that has not been verified yet.

I would contact them using the support form and ask about it at this point. They need to figure out what happened then as it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. You didn't happen to send Dante's Inferno for the PS3, did you?

just shipped off my new shipment to BBtradein - if the 3 game limit is crosssite(though i don't see anything about that anywhere and accounts aren't crosssite) , i'll have some trouble.

[quote name='io']But you are at least the 3rd person with a 5/28-5/29 delivery that has not been verified yet.
[/QUOTE]

I had one delivered on the 1st that has not been verified yet.

[quote name='YEEAHHBOYYY']Ok, I have over $500 worth of trades that I had submitted on 5/29, but I have not sent them yet. This includes 10 TSMs and no more than 3 of any other game. Should I still send all the games in or is it too late? io, I agree with you that they can't possibly verify valueson games, then just take (read: steal) those games because you were ignorant of a policy update. I'm in no position to go to Orange County and file a suit, and I'd prefer not to get screwed. What do you guy suggest I do at this point?[/QUOTE]

I would try to send some of those trades to other places and only send 3 of each to Eztrade/Best Buy since their limit is supposed to be in effect for anything mailed out after the date they implemented the limit, which I think was June 3. You could gamble and send 3 to Eztrade & 3 to BBY, but who knows really.

[quote name='io'] I mean, heck, why don't we go in together on a game trading site that says we offer $100 per game. We'll pay for the first few submissions, but then after a few days we'll change the fine print to say the games have to arrive the day you submitted the trade or it is invalid and we won't return them :roll:.[/QUOTE]

Haha that's a good idea! Let's offer $10 (we can't be too generous!) $5 more on some games than all the other places, and initiate 4 phases a year where we drop the max limit per game and keep all submissions sent after we update the fine print. The only thing better than that would be for CAGs to create their own video game together.

Well I had 10 of a game verified on 5/29 and mailed them out today.. We'll see how that goes. I don't think you can be penalized for not seeing that new policy, especially when it's not even on the site you traded to! (EzTradeIn)

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Well I had 10 of a game verified on 5/29 and mailed them out today.. We'll see how that goes. I don't think you can be penalized for not seeing that new policy, especially when it's not even on the site you traded to! (EzTradeIn)[/QUOTE]

Well, it is on the site you traded in on... Just neither at the time of the trade nor without going directly to quote link:
https://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

Not going to argue, they shouldnt penalize... Especially since my package is just now on its way (almost a week later) after a post office screw up

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Well I had 10 of a game verified on 5/29 and mailed them out today.. We'll see how that goes. I don't think you can be penalized for not seeing that new policy, especially when it's not even on the site you traded to! (EzTradeIn)[/QUOTE]

Let's get our terminology straight. You got an estimate on 5/29 and submitted them today. Verification is what EZTrade-In does once they get the games and check them out and verify your estimate. You just threw me off there because at first I said, oh, verification on 5/29 is no problem - plus that means they have already accepted them ;). But then I saw you just mailed them.

I sent in a submission myself today but it was 2 new games I'd never done before.

3 games that were delivered to them on 6/2 got verified today. so that's 6 days for verification and I suspect I won't get paid for another week.

I'm about to check my email they sent the verification emails to(all 8 of them)to see if maybe I can have a less than one month turnaround time for once.

I'm not hopeful, but I'm happy my games were already verified and I hope the rest of you get yours verified at the pre-limit amounts too.

The link has been gone for days. I believe they are just revamping that category and will bring it back. Someone posted a link directly to the video game estimator a few pages back. I used that to lock in $25 on Motorstorm PR. I have not sent in the game yet, but it is on my account as waiting just like normal. You could try to use that link also.

EDIT: It was quite a few pages back actually so:

https://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/Quot...VideoGames.cfm

Still works.

Thanks to several CAGs for previously posting the link.

My 3 SMB that was received on 6/3 was verified for $25 each this morning. Hopefully my other order of 3 that arrived a couple days later will verify and gift cards will be in my hands by next week.

I can only imagine how many copies of SMB they have in their inventory.

On the other hand, developers of SMB must be really surprised on how well their game have been selling, especially from Best Buy.

I'm picturing half of Dealtree's warehouse full of Super Monkey Balls. lol!!!

[quote name='SakBee']I can only imagine how many copies of SMB they have in their inventory.

On the other hand, developers of SMB must be really surprised on how well their game have been selling, especially from Best Buy.

I'm picturing half of Dealtree's warehouse full of Super Monkey Balls. lol!!![/QUOTE]
Don't forget Little Big Planet(both GOTY and vanilla edition) and many of the others other CAG's were able to find cheap enough to justify flipping them to BB/DT/EZTI/etc.;)

[quote name='youenvy']damn im surprised how fast the ez trade in program broke

limit to 3 now-- not even 6 months but per year
and tiv are way low compared to that they where a week and a half ago-

you can check them out as best buy trade in is still accepting games but not eztrade in for paypal

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm

wonder what happened??[/QUOTE]
Hmmmmm....:lol: I wonder. Maybe the people who totally exploited(high fives all around)the high TIV's on some of the games(which I mentioned above)are to blame.

But I guess BB didn't factor in smart consumers(ie we at CAG;))completely raping their trade in start up program when they put out the initial list.

I got a batch verified Saturday and some this morning, and just received payment for all of those.

Just waiting on 4 "missent / notice left" games now which were delivered yesterday.

bread's done
Back