Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my money for both shipments within the last hour. One was verified last week, the other just this morning. So hopefully the hangup is over and everyone will get their money soon.

Got paid for two batches that were verified on 6/4. Still waiting for a group of packages (4-5) that were delivered yesterday to be verified. Sounds like they might be speeding up the process a touch. Or maybe they just don't work weekends.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Hmmmmm....:lol: I wonder. Maybe the people who totally exploited(high fives all around)the high TIV's on some of the games(which I mentioned above)are to blame.

But I guess BB didn't factor in smart consumers(ie we at CAG;))completely raping their trade in start up program when they put out the initial list.[/QUOTE]
(puts BB raping face on)

I just received a nice chunk of payments from 3 different shipments (Delivered 6/1 & 6/2 - Verified 6/4, 6/5 & 6/8). :whee: I'm still waiting on one more trade in to be verified that was delivered at the same time though.

Despite only getting $20 for my SMB trades, I was still able to get me a 43% profit on my GS and BB credit all the while converting it to cash. :bouncy:

I had the first of my two SMB (x3) shipments verified this morning ($75 in gift cards). Both were quoted on 5/29, delivered on 6/4. The second set is still "waiting to receive".

received all my payments today from verifications on thursday, friday and monday. $477 off $280 spent. Not as massive as some of your hauls, but not too shabby for a a couple hours work.

I called to tell them about my missing game. They said that they had it. It just takes up to two weeks to verify it. We'll see, so far it has already been two weeks.

[quote name='Bitt3r']Looks like the eBay site for Paypal removed video games as a trade-in category.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to last week ;)

[quote name='gnargnargnar']Received my money for both shipments within the last hour. One was verified last week, the other just this morning. So hopefully the hangup is over and everyone will get their money soon.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DustBoogie']Got paid for two batches that were verified on 6/4. Still waiting for a group of packages (4-5) that were delivered yesterday to be verified. Sounds like they might be speeding up the process a touch. Or maybe they just don't work weekends.[/QUOTE]

I just got a few payments myself today, but no further verifications from the one recieved 5/29 and the several received yesterday. I wish I had some stuff verified this morning, but oh well...

So...most of you seem to be going the paypal/cash route. Anyone else going the BB gift-card route? And if so...how long after it's verified until it shows up at my door? A week?

Apparently, those of us who still don't feel like having our personal account info linked to Paypal and who chose an old school check will have to wait till their antique dot matrix printers print the fuckin' checks for us crotchety old codgers who are too old school for our own good.

AKA I'm still stuck in 'verified' and nowhere near 'paid.:bomb:

[quote name='confoosious']what is this "check" stuff you're talking about?[/QUOTE]
EZTradein.com offered up a 'check' option, so I took that instead of Paypal.

Of course, had I not been so reluctant to accept Paypal I might be paid by now.:bomb:

[quote name='Ronin317']So...most of you seem to be going the paypal/cash route. Anyone else going the BB gift-card route? And if so...how long after it's verified until it shows up at my door? A week?[/QUOTE]

I did the BB gift card route. According to the tracking number my items were received June 4th (sent June 1st), but their site still says waiting to receive. After reading about how slow these guys are I'm gonna wait until Friday (June 11th) and see if they are verified by then.

Looks like people got verified for packages received June 2, 3, and even 4th. But 3 of us are still waiting for packages received June 4th. Hopefully they get to June 4th by tomorrow and then start progressing beyond that date.

[quote name='J7.']Looks like people got verified for packages received June 2, 3, and even 4th. But 3 of us are still waiting for packages received June 4th. Hopefully they get to June 4th by tomorrow and then start progressing beyond that date.[/QUOTE]

And then there are a handful of us still waiting on verification from packages received May 28-June 1. I have a ton that got there on the 7th (ie, yesterday), too, but wasn't expecting those to get verified today (though it would have been nice ;)).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Apparently, those of us who still don't feel like having our personal account info linked to Paypal and who chose an old school check will have to wait till their antique dot matrix printers print the fuckin' checks for us crotchety old codgers who are too old school for our own good.[/QUOTE]

Open a free checking account for paypal only. I have two accounts at PNC that are strictly for my 2 paypal accounts. Then i just dump into my main account once balance gets over $100 or so. If for whatever reason my paypal got hijacked, they wouldn't get much.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Open a free checking account for paypal only. I have two accounts at PNC that are strictly for my 2 paypal accounts. Then i just dump into my main account once balance gets over $100 or so. If for whatever reason my paypal got hijacked, they wouldn't get much.[/QUOTE]
Therein lies the point though, I'd rather they get NOTHING by going the old school route with a check.;) Of course, there's also the hassle of opening up other random accounts solely for the purpose of Paypal.

[quote name='averageguy']Did they shut down the video game trade in. I can't find it anyplace on the sight[/QUOTE]
I assume you are referring to the ebay.eztradein site since BB still works. Try about 27 posts back for a link, but yeah the video game link is off the main page.

I've had a Paypal account since way back in the beginning when they were giving you and a friend $10 for getting them to sign up. If you ever use eBay, the ability to pay and get paid instantly is very much worth it.

[quote name='URABAHN']I've had a Paypal account since way back in the beginning when they were giving you and a friend $10 for getting them to sign up. If you ever use eBay, the ability to pay and get paid instantly is very much worth it.[/QUOTE]
I've only bought under an ex gf's account on Ebay before. Otherwise I just stick to retail and clearances for most of my deals.

[quote name='hqn101']Did you lock in when it was $25[/QUOTE]

I locked in at 20, then they did the promotion. I e-mailed and was told I'd get the higher value--- of course it didn't happen.

i locked in at 20. that's what you get. you can't tell them you want the higher price of 25, be glad they aren't giving you... what is it now, $8?

[quote name='[email protected]']but with this you only get best buy credit... am I right? The ebay version gave out paypal...

please correct me if i'm wrong...

TIA[/QUOTE]

Yeah any quotes from bestbuytradein.com give you either best buy credit or a check, the ebay site gave paypal but that one doesn't have video games listed for the time being but I think you can still get video games quoted on it I just have no idea how.

Just got my ACII and Bayonetta for PS3 verified which were delivered to them on 6/4. However, my two Batman: AA for PS3 which were delivered on 6/1 has not. What gives? Is my package near a trashcan or something? :bomb:

[quote name='Ogami Itto']I did the BB gift card route. According to the tracking number my items were received June 4th (sent June 1st), but their site still says waiting to receive. After reading about how slow these guys are I'm gonna wait until Friday (June 11th) and see if they are verified by then.[/QUOTE]

All three of my games were verified this morning.

I have a pkg of two PS3 games they received on the 1st that have still yet to be verified, while games they've received on the 4th & 5th are being verified. I guess I should shoot them an email.

Bezerker - they didn't receive anything on the 5th because they didn't pick up their packages Saturday. All those got delivered on Monday the 7th. It is a bit disturbing to see so many verifications this morning as I'm not getting anything verified any more - not from the 25th of May, or from this Monday...

Meanwhile, yesterday evening (Monday), Gazelle verified 2 boxes I had just mailed last Thursday and were delivered Saturday or Monday. So these were verified just 5 days after I dropped them off at the PO! If only with Dealtree... ;)

I also have a box of around 18 games that has been "out for delivery" since 10am yesterday morning.

I guess if the box of 18 ends up being verified and the 2 games they received on the 1st haven't, ill send an email. I've still got 2 weeks before the 2 games go past their 30 day limit.

2 of the 4 boxes that were delivered 6/4 were verified this morning. Good news, as I sent 8x Lego Indy 2 (360) and 3x Lego Indy 2 (Wii) and those were verified at full value :)

I was just verified for two copies of SMB but nothing on my dante's inferno. This is ridiculous, I better not here some crap that the game didn't work or some excuse for not getting my money. It was a new game.

Got my second verification of the two SMB (x3) shipments early this morning ($75 in gift cards). Both were quoted on 5/29, delivered on 6/4. Not a bad turnaround for both SMB shipments.

I wonder how long until I receive my gift cards for those two shipments (2X $75)?

Well, four of my games were verified, yet the first shipment that arrived nearly 2 weeks ago still isn't showing as received. I guess I have to call tomorrow.

[quote name='Pookymeister']i emailed about my 6/1 received order and got a response that said "Oh, we never send video game verified emails - only payments" ...[/QUOTE]

I've received a few video game verification emails...:whistle2:?

[quote name='Pookymeister']i emailed about my 6/1 received order and got a response that said "Oh, we never send video game verified emails - only payments" ...[/QUOTE]

#-o... I've gotten verifications for every single game I've submitted except the one they are having trouble with.

So today I responded back to them after my initial inquiry from last week because they told me to write back if the games (received on May 28th) didn't get verified within 3 business days. They wrote back a few hours later saying (once again) that they would look into it. Clearly, there was some sort of problem with deilvery/verification in the May 28-Jun 1 timeframe as all the delayed ones seem to be from then.

[quote name='io']#-o... I've gotten verifications for every single game I've submitted except the one they are having trouble with.

So today I responded back to them after my initial inquiry from last week because they told me to write back if the games (received on May 28th) didn't get verified within 3 business days. They wrote back a few hours later saying (once again) that they would look into it. Clearly, there was some sort of problem with deilvery/verification in the May 28-Jun 1 timeframe as all the delayed ones seem to be from then.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, something is up....

Of my 4 trades during that time:
7 game parcel - shipped 5/27; delivered 6/2; verified 6/8; paid 6/8
5 game parcel - shipped 5/27; delivered 6/2; verified 6/4; paid 6/8
2 game first-class - shipped 5/27; delivered 6/1; verified ???
2 game first-class - shipped 5/28; delivered 6/2; verified 6/5; paid 6/8

[quote name='major morgan']Yeah, something is up....

2 game first-class - shipped 5/28; delivered 6/2; verified 6/5; paid 6/8[/QUOTE]

mine was delivered the 28th

I have a package delivered 6/1 that aren't verified but one delivered on 6/4 that have been verified and paid.

I don't want to have to call or email but will if something doesn't happen by Friday.

6/4 received, still not verified. Just 2 games. Irritated since everyone seems to have gotten their 6/4's verified (paid even!) and it's my 1st trade to Dealtree.

[quote name='major morgan']Yeah, something is up....

2 game first-class - shipped 5/28; delivered 6/2; verified 6/5; paid 6/8[/QUOTE]

2 games shipped 5/24; delivered 5/27; verified 5/29; paid 6/1
2 games shipped 5/24; delivered 5/27; verified 5/29; paid 6/1
2 games shipped 5/25; delivered 5/28; not yet verified
4 games shipped 5/25; delivered 6/2; verified 6/4; paid 6/8
2 games shipped 5/28; delivered 6/2; verified 6/4; paid 6/8

Does anyone have anything that was delivered from 5/28-6/1 that was verified? I guess I'm glad that 4-game trade went relatively slowly via Parcel Post (all the rest were first-class mail) or it might have gotten there during the "dead zone" :lol:.

bread's done
Back