Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had my $207 in EzTrades all verified at full values today. Took some time but seeing I probably spent about $100 after tax on what I sent in, when I get that cash in my PayPal account, I think I will be pretty happy.

it would be more helpful if people listed the dates that their trade ins were delivered to their facilities and then verified along with their values :)

Much faster verification this time from ezTrade-In. I had the Beatles Rock Band that was delivered on 5/3 verified at full value ($20) today (5/7). That gives me hope for the parcel post package I have to send in today that needs to be in before the 18th.

Pro tip: Never lock in more than 2 games in one estimate. With 2 games you get a first-class mail label and you can usually fit two games in a small padded envelope with no problem. Anything over 2 games and you get a Parcel Post label. From the West Coast, anyway, Parcel Post takes 7-9 days whereas first-class is 2-4.

Got my giftcard in the mail today $360 just like the estimate, 20 day turnaround from when I submitted, however one of my package with another $300 is still in USPS limbo.

[quote name='io']Much faster verification this time from ezTrade-In. I had the Beatles Rock Band that was delivered on 5/3 verified at full value ($20) today (5/7). That gives me hope for the parcel post package I have to send in today that needs to be in before the 18th.

Pro tip: Never lock in more than 2 games in one estimate. With 2 games you get a first-class mail label and you can usually fit two games in a small padded envelope with no problem. Anything over 2 games and you get a Parcel Post label. From the West Coast, anyway, Parcel Post takes 7-9 days whereas first-class is 2-4.[/QUOTE]

I just upgrade all my packages to Priority for free and the package gets there in 2 business days. They always give you way more postage then is needed.

[quote name='Mikocouch']I just upgrade all my packages to Priority for free and the package gets there in 2 business days. They always give you way more postage then is needed.[/QUOTE]

Gazelle, yes, Dealtree, no freaking way. They barely cover the postage necessary so I don't see how you are doing that. On 2-game trades you get 13-ounce first-class rate. That isn't enough to upgrade to priority. On my 3-game trade (that I'm mailing today) I got 2 lb Parcel Post rate - again, not enough to upgrade to priority.

I've seen others here with larger trades say they get about 1/2 lb per game and in general that won't be enough since they weigh 4-6 oz each. I upgrade with Gazelle submissions all the time since they give 1lb/game.

[quote name='io']Gazelle, yes, Dealtree, no freaking way. They barely cover the postage necessary so I don't see how you are doing that. On 2-game trades you get 13-ounce first-class rate. That isn't enough to upgrade to priority. On my 3-game trade (that I'm mailing today) I got 2 lb Parcel Post rate - again, not enough to upgrade to priority.

I've seen others here with larger trades say they get about 1/2 lb per game and in general that won't be enough since they weigh 4-6 oz each. I upgrade with Gazelle submissions all the time since they give 1lb/game.[/QUOTE]

I sent in I think 10 games awhile back and it had plenty of postage for priority. Maybe it's different for 1 or 2 games or maybe it was just a fluke.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with eztradein.com through ebay powered by the same company, dealtree.com. They have exactly the same trade-in value/promotions + pay for shipping; however, you get paypal cash instead of gift cards.

Any thoughts on this?

I've sent in some games for bestbuy giftcard on 4/14 and they were verified on 4/30. Currently the payment is pending.....

Edit: NM i read IO's post and others above...seems they may be better.

I was doing some research and came across this site http://www.cowboom.com/. Seems to be powered by bestbuy. Not sure if it will help anyone and I have not used the site but this site may be where bestbuy sends the trade-in's then sells the items for a cheaper price.

got my estimates verified :)
10 sabeteur xbox=200$
10 sabeteur ps3=200$
1 littlebig planet ps3-30$

i paid 100$ for 20 sabeteurs :) and i bought LBP a long time ago time to upgrade to game of the year

I got my card for $79 for one LBP, two Hot Shots Golf: OOB and Rise Of The Argonauts in the mail today as well. Not bad.

It was actually a faster turnaround than that frickin' Darksiders/Red Faction promo which we paid $5 in shipping for.

Argh.....my package was delivered, but my status hasn't changed to verified. Now to play the waiting game >_<

I was able to send 10 games in a box with the mailing label they gave us and it was delivered in 3 days from the West coast.

So, I'm trying to trade-in a some big things (Band Hero's, DJ Hero's, etc.) to eztradein and I'm at the part where it gives you a shipping label. The problem is that it seems to think that the big sets weigh the same as just a regular disc and case. I tried doing a trade-in of just 2 Wii DJ Hero's (and I was going to do multiple trade-ins), and it gave me a 13 ounce first class shipping label. DJ Hero certainly weighs more than 13 ounces...

So, is there a way to get an actual USEFUL shipping label for heavier stuff, or am I SOL and going to have to pay for shipping myself?

[quote name='DemonGamer24']So, I'm trying to trade-in a some big things (Band Hero's, DJ Hero's, etc.) to eztradein and I'm at the part where it gives you a shipping label. The problem is that it seems to think that the big sets weigh the same as just a regular disc and case. I tried doing a trade-in of just 2 Wii DJ Hero's (and I was going to do multiple trade-ins), and it gave me a 13 ounce first class shipping label. DJ Hero certainly weighs more than 13 ounces...

So, is there a way to get an actual USEFUL shipping label for heavier stuff, or am I SOL and going to have to pay for shipping myself?[/QUOTE]
It sounds to me that they are expecting the game only and you are getting the wrong estimate. There is no way they would provide a USPS First Class label for a bundle set.

I'm guessing they just have all the games in their system as weighing the same (about 5 ounces, which is the game only). They probably haven't adjusted the big bundle sets as weighing more.

I just tried another trade-in for:
2x 360 Band Hero sets
2x Wii DJ Hero sets
1x 360 DJ Hero set
1x Wii Mario Kart
1x Wii Red Steel
1x 360 Need for Speed Shift

and it's giving me a 4 pound shipping label...

/sigh

^^ did you try doing each game individually and getting a mailing label for each?

I traded in Assassin's Creed 2 and Wolfenstein. From the day it was received (confirmed by DC#), it was about 7 days until it was updated in their system and I got an email. I'm still waiting for my giftcards.

Even though the process is slow, the trade-in values are too good to pass up! At least by the time I get the giftcards, the games I want should have dropped in price. :)

[quote name='Walt Jay']^^ did you try doing each game individually and getting a mailing label for each?
[/QUOTE]

Just tried one 360 Band Hero set alone and it gave me a 7 ounce shipping label.

This sucks, because the prices are really good, considering what I paid for them (mostly from Dealtree's auctions, LOL).

hey how does one go about finding their paypal id--

i need to know in order to get paid by dealtree-

(sorry im a little new to pay pal)
ive read that its may be person email address but im not sure--or is it your merchant name

also i know it says were suppose to send them in a box but we can use a bubble mailer obviously right

thanx

[quote name='youenvy']hey how does one go about finding their paypal id--

i need to know in order to get paid by dealtree-

(sorry im a little new to pay pal)
ive read that its may be person email address but im not sure

also do we really need to sent our games in a box or can we just bubble mail them as long as they fit in the mailer.

thanx[/QUOTE]

Your PayPal ID is the same as the email address that you use to log into your PayPal account.

[quote name='msriflegirl']Your PayPal ID is the same as the email address that you use to log into your PayPal account.[/QUOTE]

dude thanks a lot for the quick response really appreciate it

Hey random question to those of you who sent in like 3 or more games: did all of your games get verified at the same time or was it over a period of time? I'm wondering cause I sent in 10 games and they only verified 3 of them.....so far.

Sent in KOF XII and WarioWare: Smooth Moves for $40. Verified yesterday. Now to wait for my gift cards. B)

Just got confirmation of my 5 LBP to eztradein site. I should get $150 in paypal soon I hope. I'm hoping for monday.

just mailed my second package today. the first one went ok printed out the label then mailed in the games. submitted another trade last sunday so i took it to the post office today to mail some other games and the clerk wouldnt accept the package because it wasnt dated today so i had to pay to send it off. is the post office getting paid twice on this

[quote name='deejay726']just mailed my second package today. the first one went ok printed out the label then mailed in the games. submitted another trade last sunday so i took it to the post office today to mail some other games and the clerk wouldnt accept the package because it wasnt dated today so i had to pay to send it off. is the post office getting paid twice on this[/QUOTE]

I just dump them in the blue boxes outside if it'll fit.

That should apply to all dealtree trades unless you are sending a big box or more than 3-4 games in a bubble mailer.

[quote name='deejay726']just mailed my second package today. the first one went ok printed out the label then mailed in the games. submitted another trade last sunday so i took it to the post office today to mail some other games and the clerk wouldnt accept the package because it wasnt dated today so i had to pay to send it off. is the post office getting paid twice on this[/QUOTE]

I guess I got lucky then, since I was there just as the guy was coming with the truck to do the last pickup for the day, so I was able to just hand him the package.

Otherwise, I have no doubt the bitchy employees at the mall post office would've had a kinipshit over the fact that I think I printed up the label 3-4 days after the label was made available by DT/BB.

If you don't mind not having a receipt to show you mailed off the games, then just wait till around the time they're doing a pickup at your post office and try to hand it off to the employee doing the pickup.

I locked in my prices about 4 hours before they started dropping the value on things like LBP, Madden, etc - got verified today at the original $30 values.

They should accept it. They just prefer that the ship date is the day they get it at the post office. It has to do with performance evaluations for the office.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Otherwise, I have no doubt the bitchy employees at the mall post office would've had a kinipshit over the fact that I think I printed up the label 3-4 days after the label was made available by DT/BB.
[/QUOTE]

3-4 days is a problem? Are you kidding me? I mailed a few Dealtree and Gazelle packages this week with Apr 18-20 "ship" dates on them :lol:.

[quote name='io']3-4 days is a problem? Are you kidding me? I mailed a few Dealtree and Gazelle packages this week with Apr 18-20 "ship" dates on them :lol:.[/QUOTE]
They bitched about me using a flat rate Priority envelope to mail a game out the last time I sent one out from a deal here on CAG, even though their ad says 'if it fits, it ships'. So I have no doubt they would've bitched again once they saw I printed up the label 3-4 days after I locked in the trade values.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They bitched about me using a flat rate Priority envelope to mail a game out the last time I sent one out from a deal here on CAG, even though their ad says 'if it fits, it ships'. So I have no doubt they would've bitched again once they saw I printed up the label 3-4 days after I locked in the trade values.[/QUOTE]

Did you put a prepaid label on it or did you pay the flat rate? The only time you're allowed to put a prepaid label on those things is if it is for 1lb priority postage or more. They definitely don't care if you put more postage than needed.

Also the "if it fits, it ships" is only really supposed to apply to the flat rate boxes. Ideally, those envelopes are only for documents and shouldn't look bulky and misshapen. But I've used them for shipping CD/DVDs too :lol:.

[quote name='hero_icon_rolemodel']I sent in four games in the same box, and all of them were verified at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Ok...now I'm a little worried. I sent all 10 games in one box, but only received verification for 3 of them. Wtf. Any advice on this situation or should I just wait a bit?

[quote name='Crazyglitcher']Ok...now I'm a little worried. I sent all 10 games in one box, but only received verification for 3 of them. Wtf. Any advice on this situation or should I just wait a bit?[/QUOTE]

That is kinda odd. I sent in 2 boxes of 10+ games in each and they all got verified at the same time

[quote name='rmb']They should accept it. They just prefer that the ship date is the day they get it at the post office. It has to do with performance evaluations for the office.[/QUOTE]
Typical....Getting evaluated on something totally out of your control. I wondered how they could possibly justify not accepting a package they have already been paid to deliver.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']Did you put a prepaid label on it or did you pay the flat rate? The only time you're allowed to put a prepaid label on those things is if it is for 1lb priority postage or more. They definitely don't care if you put more postage than needed.

Also the "if it fits, it ships" is only really supposed to apply to the flat rate boxes. Ideally, those envelopes are only for documents and shouldn't look bulky and misshapen. But I've used them for shipping CD/DVDs too :lol:.[/QUOTE]
I just paid the flat rate of $5 or so plus the cost of Delivery Confirmation. They told me about the envelopes only being used for documents n crap like that and I just told them that I've used it before for games.

If the 'it fits it ships' thing is only for the boxes, then they'd better clarify that. Otherwise, I'm still using it for games too.;):lol:

just got my email stated they will mail my $40 gift card in 7 days

trade in Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood ps3, Toy Story Mania wii

[quote name='nbalive2005']What would be the best way to trade in 5 games at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Tell them what 5 games you are trading, then send in the games. ;)

bread's done
Back