BestBuy.com Unadvertised Deals (Orange Box is available for $19.99)

espionage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
Orange Box looks to be a universal drop to $19.99, but if you're having trouble finding it new BestBuy.com seems to have it. Facebreaker also may be in the middle of a universal drop to $49.99, as Gamestop has the retail for $49.99 but used for $26.99. The other games seem to be reduced prices specific to the Best Buy website though.

Xbox 360
Operation Darkness $19.99
The Orange Box $19.99
Too Human $39.99
Facebreaker $29.99

PS3
Conan $9.99
The Orange Box $19.99
Facebreaker $29.99

Nintendo DS
Warhammer 40,000: Squad Command $9.99
Star Fox Command $13.99

[quote name='wjhard63']Hey Serge, where did you see the BF CC ad for Mass Effect for $19? I didn't see it in the BF thread, but if Mass Effect is that price next Friday, I'm all over it.[/quote]

Sorry WJHARD63... my wishes are to get bioshock and mass effect for 19 bucks each, but i have not seen it anywhere for that price right now... but bioschock will be 19.99 in CC on black friday, target will also have bioshock for 20 dollars on black friday.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Conan worth $9.99?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='erectiontown']i'd say so. it's by no means a good game, but it's not horrible either. it's got a lot of blood and boobs, so if you think that's worth a tenner, then go for it[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seemed like a bad Devil May Cry-esque game from the demo. From what I've played of Heavenly Sword so far I'd pick up that first x100, and probably even Devil May Cry 4 (though I got stuck in it towards the end :bomb: )

[quote name='jmbreci']Just don't plan on playing TF2 on the PS3...unless you like running around by yourself (literally). OB is great, but no one is (at was since I flipped mine a few weeks back) playing TF2 on it or the 360 (a couple there, but mostly a black hole). Just trying to give you fair warning. Everything else is great and easily worth the $$.[/QUOTE]

It's probably been a month or two since I played it, but it connected me to games fast at the time. My issue was it dropped me or crashed on me quite a lot-but I have a "slow" broadband connection now, and I don't know if that's why or what. Plus I have 1% interest in those types of games anyway...

Is that any good? I think I downloaded the demo, but it got kind of mediocre reviews? I should probably just pick up Valkyrie Chronicles if I want a strategy game.

[quote name='serge2k']Sorry WJHARD63... my wishes are to get bioshock and mass effect for 19 bucks each, but i have not seen it anywhere for that price right now... but bioschock will be 19.99 in CC on black friday, target will also have bioshock for 20 dollars on black friday.[/QUOTE]

if you don't mind getting a used disk that might be scratched, gamefly's online store has mass effect for 19.99. i think they're also offering free shipping right now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is that any good? I think I downloaded the demo, but it got kind of mediocre reviews? I should probably just pick up Valkyrie Chronicles if I want a strategy game.[/quote]

Valkyria Chronicles is getting high marks everywhere and its $49.99 looks like another SEGA gem that will go under the radar..

Yeah, no I was wondering about Operation Darkness, sorry I probably wasn't clear.

I played the Valkyrie Chronicles demo and was COMPLETELY shocked that it felt like it was a next-gen Sega game from an alternate universe where Sega didn't stop being a first rate developer after the Dreamcast. It's like it's supposed to be on a Saturn 2 or Dreamcast 2 or whatever.

[quote name='saintkfs']if you don't mind getting a used disk that might be scratched, gamefly's online store has mass effect for 19.99. i think they're also offering free shipping right now.[/quote]

If you don't mind getting used, you could pick it up in the Gamestop b2g1 sale. The base used price is $19.99, and most stores should have plenty enough copies to enable getting it complete and in good shape. Bioshock (360) is $24.99 used at GS, so it would be a decent (since he stated he wanted that, too), if not perfect game to buy with it. That just leaves picking out a 3rd game.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Yeah, no I was wondering about Operation Darkness, sorry I probably wasn't clear.

I played the Valkyrie Chronicles demo and was COMPLETELY shocked that it felt like it was a next-gen Sega game from an alternate universe where Sega didn't stop being a first rate developer after the Dreamcast. It's like it's supposed to be on a Saturn 2 or Dreamcast 2 or whatever.[/quote]

I would say that Operation Darkness for $20 or under is a good deal.. its a good SRPG and most of the stuff you hear people picking on is the dated look of the game and the camera but it is solid and challenging.. People are so picky these days and forget about core gameplay.

Challenging is a bad word for me, so I guess I'll skip it. Is the story any good? I mean theoretically the setting is cool, but so many Japanese RPGs have terrible writing :whistle2:(

[quote name='mtxbass1']Conan worth $9.99?[/quote]

It actually is. It blew my expectations away. Can be frustrating at times though. Bosses mainly...

Try the demo. I personally hated the demo. Seemed hard and frustrating and generic. I'd go for (from what I've played of them) Devil May Cry 4 and especially Heavenly Sword first (though I'm only in chapter 2 of that).

[quote name='fart_bubble']buy a game on the list, get a free $15 gift card
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&id=pcmcat166600050102[/quote]

When I click on the link, I don't see any games listed... I tried to add Rock Revolution (PS3) to the cart but it's not showing anything about a free $15.00 GC. I also tried to add the game and a $15.00 GC to see if that would work and it did not... Are you able to still get Rock Revolution with a free $15.00 GC ??

[quote name='asnatlas']When I click on the link, I don't see any games listed... I tried to add Rock Revolution (PS3) to the cart but it's not showing anything about a free $15.00 GC. I tried to add the game and a $15.00 GC to see if that would work and it did not... Are you able to still get Rock Revolution with a free $15.00 GC ??[/quote]

That was an advertised deal last week. Sometimes they leave pages up, but the deal ended. You just saved yourself $15 and the pain of playing Rock Revolution. :)

[quote name='redanedan']It actually is. It blew my expectations away. Can be frustrating at times though. Bosses mainly...[/quote]

Haha actually played conan last night because a friend wanted me to try mine to see if its worth $10 and I would say im happy with it and $10 is a great price

[quote name='Derrick1979']Operation Darkness (360) is now $17.99 in store and online.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about the in-store part? I just scanned Operation Darkness and Spectral Force 3 today in store and they both rang up for $29.99 each.

Orange Box for $20 is a great deal.

Also a Gaming friend had rented Left 4 Dead on the 360 instaled it and was able to play L4D by putting in the orange box and selecting L4D in his games menu.

Although this did not work for me he has been able to play a few times.

[quote name='Staind204']I remember hearing the Orange Box for PS3 had some issues? Is this true?[/quote]

It has a few framerate issues here and there, but honestly it's not bad. The people who panned it went way over board. I played the entire package from start to finish on PS3, and it was great.

To put it in perspective, I just played Bioshock on 360 and ran into a few moments in that game where it chugged as much as at any given point in the Orange Box PS3. Overall Bioshock runs better, but it has its issues too. So my advice, if you haven't experienced Orange Box, then it is a must buy. If you can play it on 360, it apparently runs smoother, but the PS3 version is just fine. Just be prepared for a few moments of chugging in the entirety of the package, and some noticeable frame rate issues here and there, that never affect the overall enjoyment of the game. Like I said, Bioshock 360 has moments similar to what I experienced in OB PS3. Less of them, but they're still there, and everyone loved Bioshock on the 360 (myself included).

I didn't play through the whole thing, but never saw any frame rate issues on PS3 Orange Box. Looked and ran great...except Team Fortress kept crashing or dumping me. That might be my new slowtastic internet service though, I'm not really sure. (I don't care about deathmatches so I just really wanted to mess around with that for a few hours).

Any one looking for Conan PS3 and the in store pick up is NOT showing it in stock, you might check to see if your store has a "holiday dump bin". I found a stack of Conans in the bin with a bunch of "front row-type" games near the front of the store. Conan had a different UPC sticker plastered over the real upc. YMMV.

bread's done
Back