BestBuy Enforcing Removal of GCU If You Go Past 3 Game Limit

Well, looks like Thebacklash just ruined my fun, so now for a more serious answer:

If you go back to the previous page the point was that you buy a discount game to pay FULL price for other items.
No, the point was that you failed to understand how Best Buy would offer to sell games with GCU at cost (that's the important part you missed: they're not making any profit on a game sold with the GCU discount) to get people to also shop their store or website (either one counts) for other items that Best Buy would have a larger profit margin on, whether those other items were on sale or not. You know that "People also bought" section at the bottom of every item page on their site? That's what they're there for: to try to get you to buy more things and increase their overall profits. But obviously they don't want to open the doors for people to buy them en masse, since they wouldn't be making money on any of those, so they add purchase limits to spread the love around.

See, that's the problem with your little "100 for one person vs. 1 each for 100 people" trick from earlier: one person's foot traffic is not the same as that of 100 people. The whole point here, after all, is to get people's attention so they buy more, and you are obviously more likely to hook someone when you have 100 people visiting than you are with just a single person. Not to mention, one person buying 100 copies doesn't mean those 99 other people aren't also going to try to buy any. Again, all without any profit.

It's called a loss leader, and it's really something you should understand if you're going to be discussing GCU:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Then again, at this point I'm reasonably sure that you're only here to troll, so w/e.

Hopes not a good way to run a business. Best Buy is not Depleting stock that is a sad excuse for item limits. So now Best Buy is worried about who they sell it to (flippers) So if you ship it to 1 person 100 copies ( which dont happen) or 100 people whats the difference they are all being shipped nobody is in the store.
You are wrong. You think walmart added groceries to their stores because of the insane profit it brings in? They hope that while you're picking up milk or snacks for your kids you'll go grab diapers and an outfit or make a trip through the clothes or toys aisles while they've got you in their store. They make you wait 45 mins for a prescription at their pharmacy (that literally takes 10 mins at most to fill if its really busy) because they hope you'll buy some clothes or electronics while you wait. Why do you think most every store has pop and candy and little kids things around the registers? Because they hope while you're waiting in line your kids will beg for something, you'll be slightly hungry and grab a snack, you'll read a snippet of a magazine and decide to buy it, etc.

People on this website are not the norm. Most people rarely shop around and if they do not much. GCU would bring people into the store/website, it would earn them points that they would then use on other items in the store, it would garner loyalty and make people shop there more as a result. They hope that every little trick they use will get people into the store buying other things. Businesses don't put things on sale just out of the goodness of their hearts, despite what you want to believe. They likely ran some profit analysis, saw GCU had outlasted its use, and phased it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to add something to nddave's amazingly "flawless" business logic. To use GCU we had to pay on average $30 per person every 2 years. A drop in the bucket, but a drop adds up. 1 person buying 100 games is basically 30 cents a game ($30/100) Where as 100 people buying 100 copies is another $3,000 in BBY's pocket helping mitigate some of the loss. Of course everything else said about loss leaders and foot traffic in the, please forgive me language here, HOPE of having people spend money is 100% accurate, I just figured I'd bring up that other tidbit.

This is the saltiest thread on CAG I've seen in years. Going to buy some stock in Kleenex as the tears have been flowing all day.

Right, you abuse GCU, they can terminate your usage of it. Not my complaint in this cluster of a thread. Where does it say they can do the rest the OP said they did? Hint: NOWHERE, based off this piece of the ToS.
Read the fine print
https://www.bestbuy.com/usw/termsconditions/anonymous

Gaming Total Assurance
M. Cancellation. There are no fees to cancel this Plan. This Plan will be cancelled by us for fraud, material misrepresentation, unsafe work environment/conditions as determined by us or nonpayment of the monthly Plan fee if you have purchased a monthly bill Plan.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/my-best-buy-program-rules/pcmcat311100050001.c?id=pcmcat311100050001

Resellers

Resellers are excluded from the program and from receiving points. If we mistakenly issue points for resale purchases, we reserve the right to deduct those improperly awarded points and/or to invalidate improperly issued reward certificates as well as to terminate such accounts.

If you are found, in our sole discretion, to be a reseller, your account may be terminated in accordance with Section 7 below.

Membership Cancellation
You may cancel your membership in the Program at any time by e-mail or phone (1-888-BEST BUY).

If your membership is canceled (either by you or by Best Buy), you will forfeit any remaining points.

If your account has a negative points balance, we may immediately cancel or reverse any or all outstanding points as well as issued reward certificates.

We may not issue you any reward certificate(s) if we terminate your account because of conduct that we determine, in our discretion, violates these Terms or any applicable law, involves fraud or misuse of Program membership, or is harmful to our interests or another customer. We also reserve the right to deny future membership if we deem your conduct to violate these Terms.

Our failure to insist upon or enforce your strict compliance with these Terms will not constitute a waiver of any of our rights.

Just to add to the issue... lol

https://storage.bestbuy.com/geeksquad/pdf/protection_plans/GeekSquadTechnologyCarePlanTOS.pdf

M. Cancellation.

There are no fees to cancel this Plan. This Plan will be cancelled by us for fraud, material misrepresentation, unsafe work environment/conditions or nonpayment of the monthly Plan fee if you have purchased a monthly bill Plan. In the event of cancellation by us, written notice of cancellation will be mailed to you not less than sixty (60) days before cancellation is effective. If we cancel this Plan, you will receive a pro-rata refund of the price you paid for the Plan based on the percentage of the Plan’s unexpired term, less the cost of any service provided.
I'm back to the "oversight that will be corrected" stance.

The memberships were cancelled for violating the GCU ToS, the warranty etc tied to the account... were probably an accidental casualty from the cancelation.

Some poor BB corporate guy is going to have a huge headache monday morning... And the warranty "problem" will be fixed.

What items do (did) I buy at full price at Best Buy?

I'm on a limited income, and when I had a car I didn't waste gas making multiple shopping trips, such as to scoop up as many copies of a game as possible (there seemed to be a 'flip-peen' contest on some threads about how many additional copies they bought), or to drive an extra 10 miles (much less 20 or more) to a store that was giving 'good-faith' manager overrides on glitches (something else I've read about multiple times on here).

When I was at Best Buy, at least once a month I bought a pre-paid mobile phone card. And if I had enough extra money in the bank, I'd splurge and go all out for a $15 or $25 Xbox Live card, or printer ink, or paper, or batteries. Best Buy might not be making much profit on any of those items, but they were never on sale when I was there, and it was convenient (see first paragraph), so I was more than happy to spend additional money...especially on things that were absolutely necessary.

I was in GCU before and after---but not during--the $120 membership, but that's because I just didn't have the disposable income to make that a worthwhile proposition for me. I know it was for more regular customers, especially those who bought games at release, or bought multiple games (i.e. different games, not multiple copies of one game) per purchase. Personally, I never bought more than one copy of a game, as I had no intention of immediately turning around and selling it without ever opening it.

I'm pretty sure that's the way Best Buy saw the program working; most GCU customers would buy 1 copy of a game, perhaps 2 if they wanted to gift it to a friend or family member. They did not intend to be a wholesaler for self-made 'retailers' to make the margins that they were forsaking. My only surprise about the GCU program was that they didn't close it sooner; if anything, they gave it multiple chances to be a viable revenue source, and it never was--in some part due to the abuses/violations of the ToS already mentioned.

I sympathize with the people who were legitimately buying multiple games so they could play the game with their children, or with their close friends. And it's a sad commentary that most retail stores now have to implement policies that restrict the number of copies an individual customer could purchase, in order to stop those that are buying multiple copies at 'loss-leader' prices only to immediately flip the games without playing them.

As for my GCU membership, I let it expire in September last year, because my income decreased and I wasn't buying many games. When I found out the program was being discontinued, I was disappointed, but not angry. I had used my points and certs (I never had too many to begin with) and if I had really wanted to remain in the program I would have renewed it before it lapsed.

I still buy games every so often--but I buy them months, even over a year, after release. I'm back to waiting for Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and other 'non-member' sales, like I did before GCU. I wasn't flipping games, so I didn't 'lose' any revenue stream when the program discontinued, and in fact I still have most of the games I purchased. When I sell a used game (I never sell a new one), it's an event, because it happens so infrequently.

I could sell more of my collection, but most of them are near-worthless in terms of trade, so I keep them--along with the previous generation consoles.

I second what one of the early comments in the thread mentioned: it's because of those acting in 'bad faith', abusing the 'good faith' that both stores and customers expect from the other, that we can't have nice things--like GCU.

TL;DR: This goes out to the OP and the other salty scammers:

https://twitter.com/kassyapple/status/956914863246323712

To me, it almost seems like they are gearing up to discontinue the program entirely later this year. First, stop customers from buying or renewing GCU. Next, use a "loophole" to get rid of a bunch of still active GCU accounts to lower the total number of users. After the dust has settled from that announce they will be ending the program and issuing prorated credits/refunds to those that remain. By getting rid of a bunch of accounts that had violated the GCU TOS they will pay out less money/credits when they ultimately discontinue the program.

To me the writing is on the wall with this and it may happen sooner than you think.
I’ve no doubt 2019 is the cut , when they announced it - this is one more fat trim before for the final closure

Well shit, I bought 3 copies of Mario Odyssey, returned 2, and several months later bought 1. Pretty sure this is supposed to be allowed but don't know if I can trust their algorithms, should I be worried? I screenshot all of my order history and points balance just to be safe.

My two bits on GCU: 

It made me such a loyal BB customer. The video game deals drew me in to what they had to offer and suddenly, I was buying all my TVs, laptops and recently, kitchen appliances at BB. GCU took someone who almost never shopped at its store to becoming one of its most valuable customers. 

But, when I read about something such as a "3 game policy," and people who broke it, I can't help myself but blame them for the death of GCU. Always a few bad apples that ruin things for everyone else. 

My two bits on GCU:

It made me such a loyal BB customer. The video game deals drew me in to what they had to offer and suddenly, I was buying all my TVs, laptops and recently, kitchen appliances at BB. GCU took someone who almost never shopped at its store to becoming one of its most valuable customers.

But, when I read about something such as a "3 game policy," and people who broke it, I can't help myself but blame them for the death of GCU. Always a few bad apples that ruin things for everyone else.
If BB had properly enforced the 3 game policy correctly it wouldn't have been an issue. Something as simple as this; I buy 3 games of the same title/console. I want to buy a 4th? Too bad m8, you're now getting the non-GCU price.

Obviously that was too hard for them to do.

I'd also like clarification. If I exchange a damaged game for an undamaged copy, does that count as "two" purchases total for the purposes of whatever Best Buy is doing?

For anyone wondering why GCU is gone or feeling anything sympathy at all for the OP, here’s a quote from a Best Buy weekly ad thread from them:

“I miss old Bestbuy. No order limits. In December of 2016 I probably bought $60k+ worth of games that year. That was also the year you could abuse Visa Checkout for $20 off of 100.

Damn that was great.”

For those of you defending Best Buy and repeatedly posting the GCU TOS, please show us where in the TOS it states they can cancel your warranties and Best Buy credit card. Please also quote the appropriate banking regulations showing that credit cards are cancelled based on the terms of service from a program like GCU.

I really disagree that other services should be cancelled and this didn’t even affect me.

FYI: I bought my 1080p TV from Amazon then a couple months ago a 4K TV from Best Buy. If it wasn’t for GCU I would have bought that from Amazon as well. Once my GCU subscription ends I don’t see why I wouldn’t go back to buying at Amazon.

I was going to say I don't know what's more pathetic between those complaining about not being able to flip and those making fun of them, but I do know because there are more of the latter, and they're ignoring all other aspects of this in favor of just laughing.

A lot of this could have been prevented by just implementing a feature on their online store that either blocks more than three game purchases, or simply removes the GCU discount for subsequent purchases (an option that I haven't seen mentioned). Implementing such a feature for in-store orders would be more difficult, but still possible; they could have either done that or simply cracked down more often on multiple buyers. Instead none of that happened, and now they've shut down the service altogether, we have this shitstorm and nobody is happy.

Except for the people laughing at other people, I guess.

For those of you defending Best Buy and repeatedly posting the GCU TOS, please show us where in the TOS it states they can cancel your warranties and Best Buy credit card. Please also quote the appropriate banking regulations showing that credit cards are cancelled based on the terms of service from a program like GCU.

I really disagree that other services should be cancelled and this didn’t even affect me.

FYI: I bought my 1080p TV from Amazon then a couple months ago a 4K TV from Best Buy. If it wasn’t for GCU I would have bought that from Amazon as well. Once my GCU subscription ends I don’t see why I wouldn’t go back to buying at Amazon.
You should READ the thread more.

The warranty part is the *only* valid issue people can complain about, the ToS has been posted... which does require them to notify you 60 days prior to them canceling the warranty..... BB will need to address that.

Everything else, they can cancel you at any time for any reason. And yes... you agreed to those terms when you signed up.

I was going to say I don't know what's more pathetic between those complaining about not being able to flip and those making fun of them, but I do know because there are more of the latter, and they're ignoring all other aspects of this in favor of just laughing.

A lot of this could have been prevented by just implementing a feature on their online store that either blocks more than three game purchases, or simply removes the GCU discount for subsequent purchases (an option that I haven't seen mentioned). Implementing such a feature for in-store orders would be more difficult, but still possible; they could have either done that or simply cracked down more often on multiple buyers. Instead none of that happened, and now they've shut down the service altogether, we have this shitstorm and nobody is happy.

Except for the people laughing at other people, I guess.
I agree they could have implemented something.

But I have zero sympathy for those flippers that blatantly took advantage of the system, and now have been dealt with.

No different than those driving at the speed limit, laughing at those pulled over for driving 10-15 mph over the limit.

You should READ the thread more.

The warranty part is the *only* valid issue people can complain about, the ToS has been posted... which does require them to notify you 60 days prior to them canceling the warranty..... BB will need to address that.

Everything else, they can cancel you at any time for any reason. And yes... you agreed to those terms when you signed up.
Wow someone is pissy. You didn’t even read my post fully before replying. My account wasn’t cancelled. I’ve never purchased more than 3 copies of a game using my GCU account.

TOS for GCU does not override banking laws and regulations. They cannot cancel credit cards for this. It’s almost certainly not the same division either because laws governing banks are strictly enforced. One person here said his credit card was affected. I could see that being looked at by the CFPB.

Wow someone is pissy. You didn’t even read my post fully before replying. My account wasn’t cancelled. I’ve never purchased more than 3 copies of a game using my GCU account.

TOS for GCU does not override banking laws and regulations. They cannot cancel credit cards for this. It’s almost certainly not the same division either because laws governing banks are strictly enforced. One person here said his credit card was affected. I could see that being looked at by the CFPB.
Sure you didn’t. You’re innocent!

Have people actually called Best Buy to see if their warranties where actually cancelled and are not just missing? The few posts I've seen kind of suggests they are just assuming they have without reaching out to Best Buy and getting clarification on the matter.

Okay then. You can believe what you'd like but you've ignored the discussion on banking law. Your company can't just cancel someone's credit card like that.
Go ahead and post the persons post where their credit card was effected.... Odds are they are bitching about their rewards being lost, which is in fact in the ToS.

And yes, your CC can be canceled. They don't need your permission to cancel you.

Have people actually called Best Buy to see if their warranties where actually cancelled and are not just missing? The few posts I've seen kind of suggests they are just assuming they have without reaching out to Best Buy and getting clarification on the matter.
*THIS*

Everyone's crying as if their world ended. 99% sure this is just an oversight that was caught up in the account being attached to the GCU 3 limit ban.

Go ahead and post the persons post where their credit card was effected.... Odds are they are bitching about their rewards being lost, which is in fact in the ToS.

And yes, your CC can be canceled. They don't need your permission to cancel you.
The banking division and sales cannot be related in this way....

Yes a credit card can be cancelled but the sale division cannot cancel someone's credit card.

I have issue with how they handled this and the timing of this is highly suspicious. A lot of changes went into effect yesterday at Bestbuy.com shortly after this wave of bannings occured. As someone who was affected by this, the problem is bigger than them just removing GCU. They went for the full nuclear option, deleting order history (including preorders,) Elite Plus status, and any points that were banked. And if you were lucky enough to have a credit card with them it is not usable since it is tied to the rewards account that no longer exists in their system.

They had the tools to limit sales in store and online. Which they used for Amiibo, Animal Crossing cards, and things like that. But when it came to games they made no such effort. A warning would have been a good start if they were enforcing. Hell take away the points gained by the purchase in question. But no, Bestbuy went a bit too far here. Returning and repurchasing a game counted towards your 3 titles per platform per year!

Don't be fooled some of us knew the rules and still got burned. I had till 2022 and paid full price for GCU because I saw the value in it years ago. That was then and this is now and with the sunsetting of GCU and Bestbuy looking to enforce rules in a time where there is no recourse for loyal customers. I know where I stand now with them.

Seems like they are talking rewards.....

and any points that were banked. And if you were lucky enough to have a credit card with them it is not usable since it is tied to the rewards account that no longer exists in their system.
Says nothing about actually using the CC and getting it declined.

This thread should be moved or shutdown ... just SlickDeals mentality garbage that doesn’t belong on the front page of the site. The only people who will be impacted are the ones who have abused the system in the past when they weren’t regularly enforcing the 3 game rule. This is just fear mongering for uninformed or unaware users who now think they can’t buy 3 games with GCU. Again, there is no deal and the information is only relevant if you were gaming the system, which is most likely why GCU is going away to begin with.

CLICK his name, CLICK posts, READ 2nd post..........

research is hard.

he's only posted 4 posts since February.

oh and whats kinda funny..... you quoted the post also lol.

CLICK his name, CLICK posts, READ 2nd post..........
research is hard.

he's only posted 4 posts since February.

oh and whats kinda funny..... you quoted the post also lol.
Didn’t you post before about Best Buy profit margins on games? Are you an employee or something? I don’t understand why you care if I believe someone’s card doesn’t work when it does actually work. I think you’re wrong and you either have inside knowledge and won’t say that’s how you know you’re right or you’re talking out your ass because your account hasn’t been banned and you don’t know.

Didn’t you post before about Best Buy profit margins on games? Are you an employee or something? I don’t understand why you care if I believe someone’s card doesn’t work when it does actually work. I think you’re wrong and you either have inside knowledge and won’t say that’s how you know you’re right or you’re talking out your ass because your account hasn’t been banned and you don’t know.
Nope, none of this even remotely close. I despise BB, GCU is/was the only reason I even buy there. Thats easy to find in this thread or the GCU being canceled thread.

You are the one saying banking laws were broken, not me.

Only one person has mentioned their CC being "unusable" and it looks like he was talking about rewards points being gone from his account.

I've just posted the ToS. Which takes all of 2 minutes to find.... and it just seems funny that those bitching, can't search/read.

Nothing BB has done is illegal, yet... all in the ToS.

The *warranty* issue is the only questionable thing. and again, people have only bitched about them being gone.... nobody has been able to verify by actually calling BB or trying to use the warranty.

The warranties not showing up online can just be because the account being removed, still 100% possible this was an oversight and will be corrected. Canceling the actual warranty does require a 60 day notice from BB (their own ToS)

Most likely monday morning at BB Corporate someone is going to have a huge headache to deal with.

Warranties should still be valid, just temporarily not showing up on the account due to the purge.

Well, looks like Thebacklash just ruined my fun, so now for a more serious answer:

No, the point was that you failed to understand how Best Buy would offer to sell games with GCU at cost (that's the important part you missed: they're not making any profit on a game sold with the GCU discount) to get people to also shop their store or website (either one counts) for other items that Best Buy would have a larger profit margin on, whether those other items were on sale or not. You know that "People also bought" section at the bottom of every item page on their site? That's what they're there for: to try to get you to buy more things and increase their overall profits. But obviously they don't want to open the doors for people to buy them en masse, since they wouldn't be making money on any of those, so they add purchase limits to spread the love around.

See, that's the problem with your little "100 for one person vs. 1 each for 100 people" trick from earlier: one person's foot traffic is not the same as that of 100 people. The whole point here, after all, is to get people's attention so they buy more, and you are obviously more likely to hook someone when you have 100 people visiting than you are with just a single person. Not to mention, one person buying 100 copies doesn't mean those 99 other people aren't also going to try to buy any. Again, all without any profit.

It's called a loss leader, and it's really something you should understand if you're going to be discussing GCU:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader

Then again, at this point I'm reasonably sure that you're only here to troll, so w/e.
:whistle2:$ People here want to be entitled and not understand how business works then bitch that it's socialism when it's really capitalism...

I agree this was a loss leader. I still doubt BB flat margin was 20% on all games (Buy for 48 sell for 60). We have no idea what BB wholesale rate is and best bet is somewhere between 20-30%. I would like to think they have some wiggle room and still make some margin in the 5-10% area making wholesale price on a MSRP 59.99 game around $40-$42 lets do math and intro business here!

BB buys for 43 sells with a GCU discount at 48. Thats a 10.41% margin or $48 in revenue or $5 in profit. If they sell at MSRP thats 28% margin with $17 in profit. Now the question every business class will ask; do you want 10% at $5 profit 100 times ($4,800 revenue) or 28% margin at $17 30 times ($1,800 in revenue)? Basically same profit with less inventory a higher margin and less revenue (Wall Street cares about revenue) MOST big box will take moving more units more revenue over all with the same profit and more foot traffic! Why? Because out of that 100 some will buy a high margin item(s). In the world of big box this is how money is made. Lose a little here to make more there. Wal Mart is the king of this see the example of grocery that has razor thin margins and fluctuates all the time.

:whistle2:$ People here want to be entitled and not understand how business works then bitch that it's socialism when it's really capitalism...

I agree this was a loss leader. I still doubt BB flat margin was 20% on all games (Buy for 48 sell for 60). We have no idea what BB wholesale rate is and best bet is somewhere between 20-30%. I would like to think they have some wiggle room and still make some margin in the 5-10% area making wholesale price on a MSRP 59.99 game around $40-$42 lets do math and intro business here!

BB buys for 43 sells with a GCU discount at 48. Thats a 10.41% margin or $48 in revenue or $5 in profit. If they sell at MSRP thats 28% margin with $17 in profit. Now the question every business class will ask; do you want 10% at $5 profit 100 times ($4,800 revenue) or 28% margin at $17 30 times ($1,800 in revenue)? Basically same profit with less inventory a higher margin and less revenue (Wall Street cares about revenue) MOST big box will take moving more units more revenue over all with the same profit and more foot traffic! Why? Because out of that 100 some will buy a high margin item(s). In the world of big box this is how money is made. Lose a little here to make more there. Wal Mart is the king of this see the example of grocery that has razor thin margins and fluctuates all the time.
Exactly. Since GCU has been around I've spent more money in Best Buy than I ever have year after year I spend around $3,000. Needless to say once GCU is over for me I'll be going into Best Buy alot less and will spend a fraction of that money. If I have to pay full MSRP on something I'd rather go to Amazon or even Gamestop due to it being closer to my house.

From a retailer, not a Wholesaler standpoint, the price is the same whether you sell it to one person or to 100 different people. So now you could of sold more copies but you have Limits. This is why i never understood limits THE PRICE IS THE SAME regardless of who you sell it to.
Your argument is fundamentally flawed because the price is not the same as a retailer. Their COST is the same, but the price is not, which is what impacts profit. They don't exist just to shuffle inventory to another seller - They exist to make a profit on items they purchase and resell.

Selling it with GCU, their sale price is 47.99. Again, that's basically a wash - No profit, no loss (unless they had to ship it). Selling it WITHOUT that discount, the price is $60. That's a $12 difference per item. It's not as though they're saying "You can only buy three copies of this game" to everyone - They're saying it to people who are getting a 20% discount, which is nearly the entire profit margin on the item.

Let's use the selling 100 copies to one person, vs one copy to one hundred people. Assuming only one person has GCU, the final retail sale total for A is 4799 (47.99x100, we'll ignore sales tax since that's not profit anyway). The final retail sale for B, with only one person having GCU, is 5988 (60x100, minus the $12 off for one copy). A is already almost 1200 different from B. Because it makes a difference who you are selling to since the price they pay is different.

1383506038_cereal_bowl_mouth.gif

This.

I'd LOVE to see some CAG try and start some legal action against BB. :rofl:

Any, and I mean *ANY* Lawyer would take 5 minutes to peruse the Terms of Service for GCU and the Rewards program... and then immediately laugh at them.

We all agreed to the ToS for GCU and the rewards program... it does not matter if you read them or not... we *ALL* agreed to them by paying the membership. Period.

BB made the rules, BB gets to enforce them. WE as GCU members AGREED to them the second we paid the money.

(The Rock's voice) It doesn't matter what you think!!!

We all legally bound ourselves to the ToS that BEST BUY put in front of us. People are thinking they have some "right" to take advantage of a company and buy as many copies of games as they want so they can then resell them for profit. and in essence become a RESELLER themselves...

I was done with this thread after my first post in it, but damn this is getting funny!
Actually, it doesn't matter what you think. BB's cover-their-rear paragraphs don't matter. It's called a courtroom, but it's not a food court, guy. TaCoS have no place there, and any good lawyer will tear them to shreds. Everyone here's got such a big mouth with their "lol, Best Buy is totally safe from litigation because they typed a paragraph." Take a fucking law class before you guys open your monkey mouths.

I can not comment on how much Best Buy pays for new games, but small game store owners pay around $51-$51.50.

The margins are very very slim and prices for me do not get much better when we purchase 3 of a game or 200 of a game. The cost varies slightly from one publisher to the next.

I can't imagine they pay below $48, hence the program just made no sense to them, especially if you are purchasing 3+ of a particular title.

Actually, it doesn't matter what you think. BB's cover-their-rear paragraphs don't matter. It's called a courtroom, but it's not a food court, guy. TaCoS have no place there, and any good lawyer will tear them to shreds. Everyone here's got such a big mouth with their "lol, Best Buy is totally safe from litigation because they typed a paragraph." Take a fucking law class before you guys open your monkey mouths.
LMFAO.

"they took my rewards points away from my membership!!!!!!!!!! I can sue for damages!!!!!!"

So is this what you got from your "law class"? Cause thats ALL thats been removed.... rewards points.

Go ahead and post where a court has decided that a company can't remove your rewards points when you completely violate the ToS.

[attachment=30303:C2CF62F6-BA92-488A-B94D-041000593A29.png]

Found the only lawyer that would take the case for you guys.

bread's done
Back