• Nerf N-Strike Elite :wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII :360::ps3:
  • The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks :ds:

Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Madden NFL 11 :360: (Available 8/10)
  • HALO Reach :360: (Available 9/14)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
Receive FREE HAT (via mail) with purchase of Dragon Quest IX :ds: (Valid 7/11 - 7/31)
picture.php

Thanks, Easystride!

Please visit myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersclub for more information and to print the respective $$$ OFF coupons. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoasaywhat']Does anyone know if GOW3 is any cheaper in-store or is it $59.99 like it is online?[/QUOTE]

$59.99 at my Best Buy in store (Maryland) :(

[quote name='ahwang826']so to purchase 3 we would need 3 separate coupons right?[/QUOTE]

3 of a title? I think you only need one coupon. The coupon states:

"Limit 3 of each title per platform per offer" and for the cashier to scan the coupon and the items. I mean the coupon code/number isn't unique right? If it isn't then scanning it once (or thrice) wouldn't be any different.

I really hope to get FFXIII for $20 this weekend...

[quote name='emg28']My receipt shows 90 days. I have until early August.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you should be able to return i just went to check my receipt and it clearly states "Merchandise included in today's transaction may be returned or exchanged before 8/5/10 (for me) this receipt so you should have no problem returning ;)

[quote name='Gears24']Yeah you should be able to return i just went to check my receipt and it clearly states "Merchandise included in today's transaction may be returned or exchanged before 8/5/10 (for me) this receipt so you should have no problem returning ;)

I got a question thought guys does the game have to be sealed still to return?[/QUOTE]

of course. nobody takes an unsealed game.

[quote name='confoosious']of course. nobody takes an unsealed game.[/QUOTE]

Of course an open game cannot be returned. However, he can purchase the new game (at the cheaper price), and use that as the item to be returned (with the original receipt).

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Of course an open game cannot be returned. However, he can purchase the new game (at the cheaper price), and use that as the item to be returned (with the original receipt).[/QUOTE]

that's what they call return fraud.

[quote name='confoosious']that's what they call return fraud.[/QUOTE]

It is?
I don't see anything wrong with returning an brand new item using the receipt of exact brand new item.

and you have to do it within 30 days of original purchase for bb

Yeah dude, if there wasn't anything wrong with it, why not do it for every single game? After all, some stores have 90 return policy. Get everything on release day. Buy it 89 days later when the price is all but certain to be less.

You know why you don't do it? Because it's not cool. You're basically using one store's inventory and return policy as your personal free rental location. If you ran a mom and pop video game store, would you want someone doing it to you?

Ahhh, I didn't realize it was deemed fraud. I thought it was just a simple switch-a-roo.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Ahhh, I didn't realize it was deemed fraud. I thought it was just a simple switch-a-roo.[/QUOTE]

yeah i dunno, prob some wanna be law student will come in and say "that's not the law... blah blah blah" but in any case, it's not kosher.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah dude, if there wasn't anything wrong with it, why not do it for every single game? After all, some stores have 90 return policy. Get everything on release day. Buy it 89 days later when the price is all but certain to be less.

You know why you don't do it? Because it's not cool. You're basically using one store's inventory and return policy as your personal free rental location. If you ran a mom and pop video game store, would you want someone doing it to you?[/QUOTE]
Why do you complain about everything and feel the need to post on everything? Feel free to complain about this.

[quote name='mwc547']Why do you complain about everything and feel the need to post on everything? Feel free to complain about this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if I'm trying to get people to stop being assholes about stuff. Obviously that's not gonna work for you.

In the end though, it serves a selfish purpose -- fraud and other shenanigans raises the price of games that I buy. If you think you're unaffected by it, then you're naive. I like my games cheap. If you prefer to pay for other people's fraud, have fun!

[quote name='confoosious']Sorry if I'm trying to get people to stop being assholes about stuff. Obviously that's not gonna work for you.

In the end though, it serves a selfish purpose -- other shenanigans flipping at gamestop raises the price of games that I buy. If you think you're unaffected by it, then you're naive. I like my games cheap. [/QUOTE]

Fixed.

I suppose it's one thing to do it 30 days later but if I bought a game for $60 and found out the next week they were selling it for $20 I'd probably go buy a copy and return the $60 one, since it was indeed so soon.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah dude, if there wasn't anything wrong with it, why not do it for every single game? After all, some stores have 90 return policy. Get everything on release day. Buy it 89 days later when the price is all but certain to be less.

You know why you don't do it? Because it's not cool. You're basically using one store's inventory and return policy as your personal free rental location. If you ran a mom and pop video game store, would you want someone doing it to you?[/QUOTE]

Anyhow, BB has 30 days return policy. Whether it's 7 days or 30 days or 90 days or one year, it doesn't matter! You know why? You can always extend the return window by return/rebuy, duh. If it's expiring and the price hasn't drop yet, buy a new copy again and return it with the old copy and you just extended the window. Is this cool? No, of course not. Is it illegal? Certainly not in America. The important question is, is this PRACTICAL? IMO, it's dumbest thing you can do... Like most people say, just get a damn job.

What's sad is that most of those "rule bending tricks" are originated here... Like i've said many times before. If people want to flip, that's their business, i rather use that time to play game or do something else (like working ;)). It's not like they don't have to work for the marginal profit, just let them be...

[quote name='mr_bungle']I suppose it's one thing to do it 30 days later but if I bought a game for $60 and found out the next week they were selling it for $20 I'd probably go buy a copy and return the $60 one, since it was indeed so soon.[/QUOTE]

In that situation, won't most stores just refund you the difference? They figure it's better to have you effectively buy it from them at a lower price than to end up with their competitor's stock on a fake return. It's not like return service desk people don't know every trick in the book, especially if they've ever worked at Walmart, playground of the poor and crapulous.

For the record, I've never railed against flipping. I totally understand a certain rush to finding a cheap game and then being able to trade it in more more credit to buy another cheap game. I believe Survivor said it best when they said, "It's the eye of the tiger / It's the thrill of the deal hunt." I do have a problem with dumbasses hoarding all the games on sale at BB, flipping 50 copies to a site thereby killing the deal, and then bragging about it like they solved cancer.

If I ran a mom and pop video game store, I won't allow return.
Look, if I buy a game at bb for say 60 bucks, it drops to 40 bucks a week later. They will give me a dirty look, heck, even reluctant if I bring the receipt and my opened game to ask them to do a price adjustment. I don't want the freaking "you cheap ass" look every time this happens.

I rather go and buy the game for 40 bucks new, and then return it for 60. No freaking thirty look from csr when I buy and return.

That is definitely not return fraud. I buy X for 60 bucks, I return the exact same X for 60 bucks within the return period. That's a return, not a fraud.

[quote name='supaet']If I ran a mom and pop video game store, I won't allow return.
I buy X for 60 bucks, I return the exact same X for 60 bucks within the return period. That's a return, not a fraud.[/QUOTE]

hippo-sunscreen-1.jpg

the line is certainly blurred here, I will agree with both parties..maybe if you do it once in a while (and I'm sure we all have, especially around the x-mas holidays when stuff goes up and down with every weekly ad) it's OK and not so fraudulent. After all, the do have price-matching/adjusting policies to make their customer's happy.

However, I think most of us know not to be buy a new release game at MSRP when it first comes out b/c within a month it will be on sale. When I shell out the full $60 for a new game, I do it b/c I want to show the developer some props and support a good game. If it happens to drop in price, I may go for an adjustment, I may not..but if you track all the AAA titles, it's very rare that they drop w/in 30 days anyway..

Also to add, and I think what's going on in here, Yes, if you plan on buying a game on a Wednesday just to PM it on Sunday b/c you know its going to happen, that is out of line. It's like going back in time with a sports almanac..CAG is a good tool for us all, but not to manipulate the system all the time.

[quote name='supaet']What? you want to compare a operating policies of a mom and pop shop to national retail chains?[/QUOTE]

wow. just wow.

never heard of the Golden Rule huh?

Token -- It's about transparency. If you (you = one, not you) buy a game at Target and the next week it drops $20, just go to the Target CS counter and explain it. Most likely, they already KNOW the trick that you could buy with one receipt, return with the other. So they'll just refund you the difference if you're nice about it. (And like you said, price adjustment policies are in place for a reason. They're more than happy to give it to you.) If not, well, that's the price you pay for having a game for a week. When you bought it, it was worth X to you. So what's the difference? If you get a refund, great. If not, you bought it at a price level that was acceptable to you.

What's objectionable is being shady about it. You wouldn't go into Target to return a copy you got from Walmart 4 weeks later because Walmart had it on sale. At least you wouldn't say so to the CSR. If you can't be upfront about something, by definition, it's shady.

Look at it this way:

7/1 - Target + $60 revenue
8/1 - Walmart + 40 revenue
8/1 - Target -60 Revenue when you return it. And now a game that is only worth $40.

So basically you got a free month rental out of Target because you exploited their return policies. Is it illegal? Most likely not. Is it fucking lame and you should just get a job like Serpentor says? Yes.

[quote name='confoosious']In that situation, won't most stores just refund you the difference? They figure it's better to have you effectively buy it from them at a lower price than to end up with their competitor's stock on a fake return. It's not like return service desk people don't know every trick in the book, especially if they've ever worked at Walmart, playground of the poor and crapulous.

For the record, I've never railed against flipping. I totally understand a certain rush to finding a cheap game and then being able to trade it in more more credit to buy another cheap game. I believe Survivor said it best when they said, "It's the eye of the tiger / It's the thrill of the deal hunt." I do have a problem with dumbasses hoarding all the games on sale at BB, flipping 50 copies to a site thereby killing the deal, and then bragging about it like they solved cancer.[/QUOTE]

I suppose you're right on the difference. I totally forgot about BB's 30 day guarantee. That's one good thing about this site, you can get the ads early then go buy the game at full retail then get your $ refunded during the sale.

Uh, no, it's actually not. In fact, you've got no idea what return fraud is.
Start reading here...

[quote name='Ronin317']Uh, no, it's actually not. In fact, you've got no idea what return fraud is.
Start reading here...[/QUOTE]

Sorry to ruin your fun but I already corrected myself. Read above.

By the way, that article says exactly what I said earlier, namely that even non illegal activities ("wardrobing") or what I call shenanigans, ends up costing honest consumers in terms of high prices and higher inconvenience.

Again, if you like higher prices and more inconvenience, by all means, support the return idiots.

When Blur was 12 bucks, I bought it for PS3, since the 360 version was sold out. I returned it a few days later to exchange for the 360 version. There was a price difference, so I got 50 bucks is that wrong?

What's the point of having a return policy then?
every return accepted is consider a free rental for the customer

In your case of target and walmart.
Target did not lose anything. The sale never happened since it was returned.

In competitive terms, target lost a sale to walmart because walmart has better price.

Say if I take my receipt and the walmart ad to target and get a refund, and that is okay to you?

But buying it at walmart and returning to target is a fraud?

The only thing different is that who gets the sale. I believe that walmart deserve the sale instead of target because walmart dropped the price.

also, it will save me tons of time to re-buy and return than to try to explain to the csr that she some how have to give me back 20 bucks 9 times out of 10.

"Again, if you like higher prices and more inconvenience, by all means, support the return idiots. "

I believe that price matching will create more inconvenience and make retailers to have tighter pm policies. Because every pm is tagged and requires manager's approval.

But returning an item within the return period happens all the time in every store and is considered normal. It's less visible to management.

[quote name='confoosious']wow. just wow.

never heard of the Golden Rule huh?

Token -- It's about transparency. If you (you = one, not you) buy a game at Target and the next week it drops $20, just go to the Target CS counter and explain it. Most likely, they already KNOW the trick that you could buy with one receipt, return with the other. So they'll just refund you the difference if you're nice about it. (And like you said, price adjustment policies are in place for a reason. They're more than happy to give it to you.) If not, well, that's the price you pay for having a game for a week. When you bought it, it was worth X to you. So what's the difference? If you get a refund, great. If not, you bought it at a price level that was acceptable to you.

What's objectionable is being shady about it. You wouldn't go into Target to return a copy you got from Walmart 4 weeks later because Walmart had it on sale. At least you wouldn't say so to the CSR. If you can't be upfront about something, by definition, it's shady.

Look at it this way:

7/1 - Target + $60 revenue
8/1 - Walmart + 40 revenue
8/1 - Target -60 Revenue when you return it. And now a game that is only worth $40.

So basically you got a free month rental out of Target because you exploited their return policies. Is it illegal? Most likely not. Is it fucking lame and you should just get a job like Serpentor says? Yes.[/QUOTE]

Ok.. how about if everyone acted like you did. By extension, if it's ok for YOU to do what you're saying is ok, then it must be ok for EVERYONE to do it, right?

Target has 10 copies of GameX

They sell 10 copies at $60. So they think "great, let's order more." They order 10 more copies.

30 days pass and Walmart now has it for $40 (say a publisher price drop like PoP)

You and your 9 friends return the games you bought from Walmart to Target for full refund. According to you, Target hasn't lost anything because they never had the sale.

Meanwhile, they're now sitting on 10 copies of returned games that they can't sell at $60 (because who is paying full MSRP for a month old game?) plus whatever additional copies they ordered. (And no, they can't just return the copies to the publisher, video games aren't sold on consignment.)

Are you sure Target hasn't lost anything? And if Target loses, then we consumers end up losing in some way. It might not be immediate, but it will happen.

The easiest thing is to put yourself in the shoes of the retailer. If you were the retailer (no matter how big or small), would this practice be ok with you? Of course not. So if you do it, aren't you being a hypocrite? And don't give me the "they're a big corporation" reasoning either.

Look, you're gonna do whatever lazyass shady thing you're gonna do. But to say that there are no ramifications is purely naive and ridiculous. We always pay a price.

I don't know why you assume that stores like Target, walmart and bestbuy works like a mom and pop shop.

Target don't "buy" from supplier and then put it on their shelve to sell. This is especially true for stuff like video games.

The only thing target lost is the credit they get from publisher for selling the game.

They deserve to lose it because they did not drop the price like walmart did.

[quote name='confoosious']Ok.. how about if everyone acted like you did.

Target has 10 copies of GameX

They sell 10 copies at $60. So they think "great, let's order more." They order 10 more copies.

30 days pass and Walmart now has it for $40 (say a publisher price drop like PoP)

You and your 9 friends return the games you bought from Walmart to Target for full refund. According to you, Target hasn't lost anything because they never had the sale.

Meanwhile, they're now sitting on 10 copies of returned games that they can't sell at $60 (because who is paying full MSRP for a month old game?) plus whatever additional copies they ordered.

Are you sure Target hasn't lost anything? And if Target loses, then we consumers end up losing in some way. It might not be immediate, but it will happen.

Look, you're gonna do whatever lazyass shady thing you're gonna do. But to say that there are no ramifications is purely naive and ridiculous. We always pay a price.[/QUOTE]

Hey Confusedsious ... why don't you take this return fraud discussion into the morality thread that's hidden away off the main board, rather than cluttering this thread with more inane discussion of moral gray areas that you feel the need to stand up on your moral soap box and rant about.

Nothing will be accomplished here and it's not a deal or pertaining to the deal, so why waste everyone's time by inciting this sort of discussion in a thread that will most likely have lots to discuss and debate about the actual deal come Sunday.

So... newegg just price dropped Lost Planet 2 (PS3) to $39.99.

I was really hoping that that would happen at Best Buy so it would stack with the RZ coupon that expires tomorrow.

[quote name='etcrane']Hey Confusedsious ... why don't you take this return fraud discussion into the morality thread that's hidden away off the main board, rather than cluttering this thread with more inane discussion of moral gray areas that you feel the need to stand up on your moral soap box and rant about.

Nothing will be accomplished here and it's not a deal or pertaining to the deal, so why waste everyone's time by inciting this sort of discussion in a thread that will most likely have lots to discuss and debate about the actual deal come Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's mostly dead time until sunday... but you're right. I'm just bored cause my tee time got cancelled. I'm done. No need to argue with someone who thinks...

[quote name='supaet']
Target don't "buy" from supplier and then put it on their shelve to sell. This is especially true for stuff like video games. [/QUOTE]

:lol: You sure about that? You should probably check facts before saying something like that.

i cant believe how fast game prices fall these days, especially for lower tier titles. like alpha protocol they spent an extra 6 months working on, releases june 1st, and now i got it for 22.50 instore total with a $10 off coupon. that's insane

I can't believe confoosious hasn't been banned yet. Guy is the start of about half the damn flame wars here and a big time hypocrite. Whatever he says, you guys should ignore since he's always trying to judge people on what he feels is "right".

[quote name='Estebon']I can't believe confoosious hasn't been banned yet. Guy is the start of about half the damn flame wars here and a big time hypocrite. Whatever he says, you guys should ignore since he's always trying to judge people on what he feels is "right".[/QUOTE]

Oh Estebon, I know you want me to get banned. But the fact is that I only yell at people doing shady stuff. I also yell at people who can't even bother to read the OP. Yes, I have a low tolerance for dumb people but i work on that every day.

Unlike you, I trade within the community. I offer to ship people games at cost+shipping (i.e. no profit for me). And I help people out with answers to stuff that's not in the oP.

I'm not exactly sure what you contribute though other than discuss how to rip off kmart. Please, do tell what you contribute.

[quote name='confoosious']Sorry to ruin your fun but I already corrected myself. Read above.

By the way, that article says exactly what I said earlier, namely that even non illegal activities ("wardrobing") or what I call shenanigans, ends up costing honest consumers in terms of high prices and higher inconvenience.

Again, if you like higher prices and more inconvenience, by all means, support the return idiots.[/QUOTE]
Perhaps you should read it again, because what is being discussed here is not 'wardrobing', because they're returning a new, sealed product. It's not been used and returned in deception. By your estimation, people who return gifts are committing return fraud. You're wrong, that's all there is to it.

[quote name='confoosious']Well, it's mostly dead time until sunday... but you're right. I'm just bored cause my tee time got cancelled. I'm done. No need to argue with someone who thinks...

:lol: You sure about that? You should probably check facts before saying something like that.[/QUOTE]
Hey, whats your handicap?

[quote name='Ronin317']Perhaps you should read it again, because what is being discussed here is not 'wardrobing', because they're returning a new, sealed product. It's not been used and returned in deception. By your estimation, people who return gifts are committing return fraud. You're wrong, that's all there is to it.[/QUOTE]
But they are not returning the original sealed product. What confoosious is saying is that you would not go into the store and tell them you are returning another retailers product. Because they would tell you to F off. Which means you are doing something shady...and we know how he feels about shady...

[quote name='confoosious']Oh Estebon, I know you want me to get banned. But the fact is that I only yell at people doing shady stuff. I also yell at people who can't even bother to read the OP. Yes, I have a low tolerance for dumb people but i work on that every day.

Unlike you, I trade within the community. I offer to ship people games at cost+shipping (i.e. no profit for me). And I help people out with answers to stuff that's not in the oP.

I'm not exactly sure what you contribute though other than discuss how to rip off kmart. Please, do tell what you contribute.[/QUOTE]

I actually post flips and a bunch of other helpful things thank you very much. Thats besides the point. I'm not arguing what you do for the community. You offer to ship people things, ok cool. I offer people ways to make some extra cash. Ok, cool. Who cares.

You're abrasive and rude to countless people. Heck, you've even sent me pms swearing at me and saying how you've "won" at some internet war of words when I wasn't even around to respond back. You need to cut out the internet tough guy routine. Calling people morons, and cursing at them I feel should be a bannable offense. I post I got some games at BB and get attack and I get banned, wheres the justice in that? I have never gone and curse at people or called them retarded/morons/idiots like you do over and over and over again. Why the mods have not stopped this behavior is beyond me. Flipping is the devil, calling people names and cursing, Thats ok.

bingo wrencrest.

Unfortunately for someone who plays as much as I do, my handicap SUCKS. I enjoy a good walk spoiled though. ;)

estebon - i've been asked to ignore you so I am. However, to clear something up, I have sent you exactly 1 PM and it was hardly even inflamatory. Please leave me alone. Have a nice day.

[quote name='confoosious']bingo wrencrest.

Unfortunately for someone who plays as much as I do, my handicap SUCKS. I enjoy a good walk spoiled though. ;)

estebon - i've been asked to ignore you so I am. Have a nice day.[/QUOTE]
I hear ya, I was just trying to make light of this whole conversation. I am a high handicapper myself. Its the end of another long work week and I want to go home thinking how much fun gaming will be. Not how much more it cost me...

[quote name='wrencrest']But they are not returning the original sealed product. What confoosious is saying is that you would not go into the store and tell them you are returning another retailers product. Because they would tell you to F off. Which means you are doing something shady...and we know how he feels about shady...[/QUOTE]

Um...barring store-specific special editions, game X from Gamestop is the exact same thing as game X from Best Buy, which is exactly the same as game X from KMart, etc. The fact is it's the exact same thing, not a knock-off, not used, not anything materially different, because it's a mass-produced item. These are facts, and they do not constitute return fraud statutes.

Whether you walk into BB and return a sealed game from GS as long as you have a valid receipt and it's sealed and identical, even if you tell them it's a different copy of the game purchased from GS they can't do anything about it, and it's not return fraud. They can't tell you to fuck off, because you are returning to them the exact same thing you purchased, regardless of the source.

Shadiness or whatever is opinion, which you and everyone else is entitled to. But don't push your opinions on people here as facts, because it simply is not.

[quote name='wrencrest']But they are not returning the original sealed product. What confoosious is saying is that you would not go into the store and tell them you are returning another retailers product. Because they would tell you to F off. Which means you are doing something shady...and we know how he feels about shady...[/QUOTE]

Games for the most part, have the same upc. Its the same item. No one is saying to return things without a receipt to another store for credit or cash. Its not a big deal.

Wow, this thread certainly took a turn for the off-topic.

I think we should all have the offending posts removed by now, so let's keep things on-topic.

[quote name='confoosious']
However, to clear something up, I have sent you exactly 1 PM and it was hardly even inflamatory. [/QUOTE]

Thats your problem. Just because you believe a certain "viewpoint" doesn't make it true.

How are people getting FF13/Skate 3 for $20? From those coupons? If anyone isn't using them, I'd be interested in them. PM me.

Final Fantasy XIII will be $40 next week, and there should be a $20 coupon posted on the Reward Zone coupon too. So it's just all a waiting game now. Not sure about Skate 3 though, I'm kind of interested in that if I can get it for $20.

[quote name='Thongsy']Final Fantasy XIII will be $40 next week, and there should be a $20 coupon posted on the Reward Zone coupon too. So it's just all a waiting game now. Not sure about Skate 3 though, I'm kind of interested in that if I can get it for $20.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? You don't need to have @Gamer?

[quote name='Thongsy']Final Fantasy XIII will be $40 next week, and there should be a $20 coupon posted on the Reward Zone coupon too. So it's just all a waiting game now. Not sure about Skate 3 though, I'm kind of interested in that if I can get it for $20.[/QUOTE]

Well the $20 off coupon is in the @Gamer from Bestbuy if you want the coupons they were posted by token2k6 so thank him here you go ;)

Backside:http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/773/gamer1stissue001.jpg

Front side:http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2399/gamer1stissue002.jpg

Just a heads up, with Prince of Persia going on sale next week for $29.99 and then the $15 off coupon from the magazine, it's a great time to pick it up, but what I noticed tonight is that some copies of PP offer a BB exclusive playable Sand Wraith outfit, so keep an eye out for that if you plan on picking up a copy come Sunday.

Sandwraith_Final_Version_by_AlexoAndro.jpg

bread's done
Back