• Nerf N-Strike Elite :wii:
Save $20 on these select titles:

• Final Fantasy XIII :360::ps3:
  • The Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks :ds:

Other Gamers Club Members Offers

Get 500 Bonus Points (a $10 value) with Pre-Order of these titles:

• Madden NFL 11 :360: (Available 8/10)
  • HALO Reach :360: (Available 9/14)
  • Call of Duty Black Ops :360::ps3::wii::pc: (Available 11/9)
Receive FREE HAT (via mail) with purchase of Dragon Quest IX :ds: (Valid 7/11 - 7/31)
picture.php

Thanks, Easystride!

Please visit myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/gamersclub for more information and to print the respective $$$ OFF coupons. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still find it strange that they apparently did not update the Skate 3 coupon. I'm not sure I'd buy it for $20, anyway - but it's weird, still. Maybe the main interest was with the PoP coupon only. I still think it had to do with them not wanting their magazine to die before the second issue.

[quote name='etcrane']Anyone know if we'll be lucky enough to see drops on ODST or Bioshock before the coupons expire next week?[/QUOTE]

From the ad scan on dvdtalk, it doesn't look like either one is on sale.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I still find it strange that they apparently did not update the Skate 3 coupon. I'm not sure I'd buy it for $20, anyway - but it's weird, still. Maybe the main interest was with the PoP coupon only. I still think it had to do with them not wanting their magazine to die before the second issue.[/QUOTE]

I think you're the first to report on using the Skate 3 coupon. I'll try today and see if they fixed the coupon so it'll be $20 without override.

I just got back from Best Buy and got both the Skate 3 and PoP coupons to work just fine. Just over $37 for the pair with tax and that was at the Best Buy right next to their corporate headquarters.

[quote name='Borenson']I just got back from Best Buy and got both the Skate 3 and PoP coupons to work just fine. Just over $37 for the pair with tax and that was at the Best Buy right next to their corporate headquarters.[/QUOTE]

+1 Bought both yesterday, no override.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']I still find it strange that they apparently did not update the Skate 3 coupon. I'm not sure I'd buy it for $20, anyway - but it's weird, still. Maybe the main interest was with the PoP coupon only. I still think it had to do with them not wanting their magazine to die before the second issue.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling the next time there are worthwhile @gamer coupons we'll probably go through the same thing. :roll: Unless, Best Buy decides it wants a large increase in sales on said titles.

I hate to be "that guy" and ask this type of question, but oh well.

I really shouldn't buy anything at the moment but the fact that the coupons on Skate 3 and PoP are now working I really want to pick one up. I have a $10 RZ certificate to put towards it, so my question is which one should I get? I absolutely LOVE the PoP games but heard this one wasn't so great. I HATED the first Skate because I felt like I had absolutely no freedom to go anywhere easily and never played the second because of it, so whatever improvements were made since then would all be new to me.

So should I go with PoP for $5 or Skate 3 for $10 (after RZ certificate)?

(Yes, I know I could get both after certificate for $25 but I'm limiting myself to one based on principle.)

And I have read all the reviews online but I'm looking for real feedback here.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I hate to be "that guy" and ask this type of question, but oh well.

I really shouldn't buy anything at the moment but the fact that the coupons on Skate 3 and PoP are now working I really want to pick one up. I have a $10 RZ certificate to put towards it, so my question is which one should I get? I absolutely LOVE the PoP games but heard this one wasn't so great. I HATED the first Skate because I felt like I had absolutely no freedom to go anywhere easily and never played the second because of it, so whatever improvements were made since then would all be new to me.

So should I go with PoP for $5 or Skate 3 for $10 (after RZ certificate)?

(Yes, I know I could get both after certificate for $25 but I'm limiting myself to one based on principle.)

And I have read all the reviews online but I'm looking for real feedback here.[/QUOTE]
I know you said you can't get both, but I would for the prices, if you can.

Skate 2 and 3 added the ability to get off your board, so it is much easier to get around. There is a demo on both 360 and PS3 for it. Go try it. Haven't played the new PoP, but for 5 bucks, I would go for it.

Besides, if you don't like either, you can flip them at Gamestop or Amazon.

PoP has wonky controls. I found myself jumping to my death over and over again last night..and for some reason, there is some weird delay every time you try to do something like a wall-run. I still think the very first 'reboot' on the regular Xbox was the best..so much for the claim that this one tried to go back to that..

[quote name='Taboner']Also when do the deals end?[/QUOTE]

The coupons go through the month, but the sale is over at store close on Saturday... So Saturday...

Got PoP with no problems. Thought the thing on the cover was a sticker only to find out that it was actually printed on the cover. -_-'

Estebon was right about Blur giving $30 towards RZ points BTW. For some reason I also have two pending 500 bonus points coming up soon as well. I really have no idea what they could be from since the only thing I've bought recently was the six Blurs.

Is Battlefield 2 Bad Company worth $10. With my reward zone credit and it being on sale thru today I could get it for less than $10. Not a huge MP kind of guy but might jump in now and tthen. Is the game friendly to individuals without a crew or would I just be dying every 12 seconds and respawning over and over and over?

I hear the SP ain't worth zip, so basically is the MP for an individual player worth $10?

Of course I would rather have Alan Wake, but who knows if that will ever go on sale there.

[quote name='mrg']Is Battlefield 2 Bad Company worth $10. With my reward zone credit and it being on sale thru today I could get it for less than $10. Not a huge MP kind of guy but might jump in now and tthen. Is the game friendly to individuals without a crew or would I just be dying every 12 seconds and respawning over and over and over?

I hear the SP ain't worth zip, so basically is the MP for an individual player worth $10?

Of course I would rather have Alan Wake, but who knows if that will ever go on sale there.[/QUOTE]

Played PS3 SP and enjoyed it very much, $10 is a no brainer IMO

I noticed today when checking BB RZ account online, it shows that I'm halfway to Premier Silver status, however I returned an HDTV that I bought there about 4 months ago. Is that supposed to happen that it still went towards the RZ SILVER status or not?

By no means am I complaining, I just found it somewhat amusing.

[quote name='Maniac Mansion']I noticed today when checking BB RZ account online, it shows that I'm halfway to Premier Silver status, however I returned an HDTV that I bought there about 4 months ago. Is that supposed to happen that it still went towards the RZ SILVER status or not?

By no means am I complaining, I just found it somewhat amusing.[/QUOTE]

Something similar happened to me. I used a 20 dollar reward certificate to buy a game. the certificate then was subtracted from my account (normal). I then went back in 2 weeks to get a price adjustment. The guy did a return rebuy. a week later I checked my reward zone account and noticed I had been credited BACK the 20 dollar reward zone certificate. I then proceeded to buy another game with it.

Have not seen it mentioned yet, but Last Airbender DS is on sale this week for $19.99 (so $9.99 after Reward Zone coupon). Current trade in values are Amazon ($15) and Best Buy/Dealtree ($15). Not listed on Gazelle (as expected). Just got a quote over the phone from Gamestop of $5 (bleh).

[quote name='JediJames2']Have not seen it mentioned yet, but Last Airbender DS is on sale this week for $19.99 (so $9.99 after Reward Zone coupon). Current trade in values are Amazon ($15) and Best Buy/Dealtree ($15). Not listed on Gazelle (as expected). Just got a quote over the phone from Gamestop of $5 (bleh).[/QUOTE]

Has anyone tried this? Does it work?

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Has anyone tried this? Does it work?[/QUOTE]

something tells me that until we see a spin-off thread from a newb, we won't know! :lol:

ok, I kid! seriously, seems like a hassle for $5 unless you hoard 'em, which will just drive the value down in 3 days time..doubt they'd even bother killing the coupon over this since none of us who pick up one copy care..

[quote name='token2k6']something tells me that until we see a spin-off thread from a newb, we won't know! :lol:

ok, I kid! seriously, seems like a hassle for $5 unless you hoard 'em, which will just drive the value down in 3 days time..doubt they'd even bother killing the coupon over this since none of us who pick up one copy care..[/QUOTE]

Eh, $5 might not be much (more like $4.31 after tax for me) but the way I look at it is, I'm not losing any money and I'm getting more points towards my next $10 Reward Certificate :). Will probably go and try the coupon later tonight, will report if it works or not (if no one else has done so already).

[quote name='JediJames2']Have not seen it mentioned yet, but Last Airbender DS is on sale this week for $19.99 (so $9.99 after Reward Zone coupon). Current trade in values are Amazon ($15) and Best Buy/Dealtree ($15). Not listed on Gazelle (as expected). Just got a quote over the phone from Gamestop of $5 (bleh).[/QUOTE]
Too bad it wasn't $20, then I'd partake.

Coupon for $10 off Last Airbender DS works, just got back from picking up three copies. Means it should work on the other games listed as well, through the only other one on sale right now is Last Airbender Wii (would bring it down to $19.99 after coupon).

bread's done
Back