Bethesda Merch Store - Dishonored, Fallout, Skyrim

I know this will probably get closed somewhat quickly but I for one have used this forum numerous times to grab some great items at retail price which we all know skyrocket in value before long .. most recently the Dead Space 3 Dev Team Edition, Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition and Dead Space 3 watch.

Anywho Treehouse Brands Stores is now selling some Bethesda items, a few of which will likely sell out by the end of the week and be impossible to get afterwards. Here's a few of my picks

Fallout 3 Vault 101 Sneakers - http://store.bethsoft.com/vault-101-sneaker.html
Possibly limited to around 100 per size. Not crazy limited but shoes appeal to different crowds..could be worth a purchase

Lithographs - http://store.bethsoft.com/art.html
Dishonored, Skyrim and Fallout. All limited to 300 and individually numbered.

I received an empty tube today instead of Skyrim and Fallout. No kidding! Thats not to mention that I also bought the Dishonored lithos and have had to have them replace them both, TWICE. This mightn't be worth all the trouble...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Did your copy with lines and creases have the issues on the left side too? Someone else in general litho thread had same issue.[/QUOTE]

Both of mine arrived damaged- left side vertical creases. Creases are so deep it's almost ripped through. Looks like they rolled them too tight. Will contact customer service and post on their Facebook. No issues with the Dishonored ones.

well I ordered two and the arrived today.

They came in a poster tube that had a diameter probably a bit too large for the posters but when I opened it they were tightly wound and in a plastic-wrap casing. The diameter of the plastic wrap was about 1-2 inches where the diameter of the tube was 3-4 inches (just estimates---I didn't actually measure) which means there was plenty of room in the shipping tube for everything to bounce around.

Fortunately there was no damage that I could see RELATED to shipping.

When I first looked at the lithographs they seemed beautiful. I didn't notice any defects. Then I turned them over and noticed a little discoloration on the back and what appeared to be faint creasing in a few spots. When I turned it back over print side up I could see where it transfered through and both lithographs are affected in this regards.

It appears most obviously in the right middle where the trees are on the cliff. I think if I was to frame it and never get closer then a foot to the lithograph I would never notice it. But then again I couldn't be anymore of a novice when it comes to these type of things.

That reminds me how do I care for this? Now that I opened the plastic wrap which kept the two lithographs tightly wound I know I'll never get them like that again. I just laid the two on top of each other and then tried to wind them tight enough to get back into the tube, and once they did they of course unwound to fit the exact dimensions of the tube and I'm not sure if I can leave them like that or if it'll cause damage over a long period of time.

Is your damage similar to mine? It's not obvious to me but then again I'm not experience with these things. However a dent or ding on a steelbook or torn corner on a guide or tear or dent on a CE Box that I was intending to display would annoy me...

Edit: I have tubes or brown kraft/shipping paper which is pretty thick. Maybe I should separate the two litho's and place each one on a slightly large sheet of that kraft paper and then wrap it and then place each in individual tubes...

what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine today. WTF have they not heard of wrapping in kraft paper? Plastic bag really! I opened my fallout litho finally, to make sure it was alright, and while shipped flat they taped the print so that the corner was where the box folded. Treehouse sells enough prints that they should know what they're doing. I am dreading seeing how they shipped my tomb raider giclee's.

I received mine today and in addition to the multiple vertical furrows along the side that others have noted, there are multiple vein-like ridges/creases (2-3 inches in length at various angles) that can be clearly seen and felt on the front. On the back, there is brown discoloration where the creases are. I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

I'm guessing these were rolled way too tight for a print of this size and that is the source of most of the damage. If these stories keep coming in, I can't imagine that Treehouse is going to have enough extras to replace all the damaged copies.

[quote name='winterlane']I received mine today and in addition to the multiple vertical furrows along the side that others have noted, there are multiple vein-like ridges/creases (2-3 inches in length at various angles) that can be clearly seen and felt on the front. On the back, there is brown discoloration where the creases are. I'm extremely disappointed to say the least.

I'm guessing these were rolled way too tight for a print of this size and that is the source of most of the damage. If these stories keep coming in, I can't imagine that Treehouse is going to have enough extras to replace all the damaged copies.[/QUOTE]

Yes! This is a much better description of what I was trying to point out. I don't think they are that noticeable on the actual print unless you're looking at it a few inches away but they are certainly noticeable and it is one of those things that once you notice them you're always going to notice them.

Anyways for $50 they shouldn't be there

Looks like a number of people confirmed the issue on Facebook - any more ammunition on there can only help and get them to do something about it.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Anyone know why they ship them in tubes instead of flat? Is it due to size? My first lithograph.[/QUOTE]
The chances of getting a flat package that big to your door unbent and undamaged is near impossible. That's why.

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Anyone know why they ship them in tubes instead of flat? Is it due to size? My first lithograph.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Blumpkin']The chances of getting a flat package that big to your door unbent and undamaged is near impossible. That's why.[/QUOTE]

Blumpkin nailed it. All art prints will ship rolled.

[quote name='Romeo']Blumpkin nailed it. All art prints will ship rolled.[/QUOTE]

Not true. They shipped the 18 x 24 lithos from Mass Effect/Dead Space/Dragon Age, etc flat. ;) Once they increased the size of packaging a bit, I always got mine mint and unrolled.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Not true. They shipped the 18 x 24 lithos from Mass Effect/Dead Space/Dragon Age, etc flat. ;) Once they increased the size of packaging a bit, I always got mine mint and unrolled.[/QUOTE]

I got my bioshock / infinite games lithos from the 2K store flat too.

I don't mind getting these rolled but as others said the quality isn't there

Yea so Treehouse deleted the post with everyone saying they got damaged prints. Nice.

I got answer from support saying I can get replacements if I destroy mine. Question is : do they even have undamaged copies...

[quote name='Pookymeister']Yea so Treehouse deleted the post with everyone saying they got damaged prints. Nice.

I got answer from support saying I can get replacements if I destroy mine. Question is : do they even have undamaged copies...[/QUOTE]

Maybe they can print some more? They do require photos of the lithograph, including the number and proof that it was destroyed. So, the replacement might have the same number...

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']Maybe they can print some more? They do require photos of the lithograph, including the number and proof that it was destroyed. So, the replacement might have the same number...[/QUOTE]

yeah, Treehouse is pretty good about replacing litho's. I remember reading last year about all the Mass Effect litho's that kept coming damaged, either from being rolled poorly or from the mail carrier's smashing them:
http://imgur.com/a/9rzp0
and
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/130/index/5083998/8

Yeah I had a couple of damaged ones. They sent the crucible to me twice. Both times damaged. Eventually they offered me a certain percentage off for the damaged litho or a full refund. So I got the refund.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']Yeah I had a couple of damaged ones. They sent the crucible to me twice. Both times damaged. Eventually they offered me a certain percentage off for the damaged litho or a full refund. So I got the refund.[/QUOTE]

Did you have to destroy both to get the full refund? I'm considering contacting them for a Skyrim replacement, but if I have to destroy the two that I already have, I'm concerned the next two might arrive in even worse condition.

yea, there's definitely something wrong here. I'll rip mine up like they ask, but i'll be pissed if i lose out on it because there are no good ones in the first place.

[quote name='MRW2276']Guess this really sucks for guys who presold them on ebay ;-)[/QUOTE]

How so?

jspLeUa.jpg

iG8xm1L.jpg

[quote name='Demise_Angel']Your skyrim isn't numbered?[/QUOTE]

Not after i ripped off the number ;) I just framed it to see how it would look, i flipped my 2nd dmg'd print around and the line from top left lines up with the missing chunk from where number was.:D

[quote name='amb6883']How so?[/QUOTE]

Considering the one joker who lied once all ready about receiving them damaged 3 weeks ago and having them replaced April 1st. What's he going to tell the buyer now? "Oh I got the replacements and they too are damaged. Don't worry May 1st now." I'm sure that will go over well with the buyer on a $325 ebay item. ;-)

Got mine today. There were creases on the backside like everyone else reported. There were 2-3 of them and I only took a quick glance but it didn't appear to show on the front, but I will take a closer look after work. I was at home on my lunch break and didn't have too much time to look. I got #17.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Got mine today. There were creases on the backside like everyone else reported. There were 2-3 of them and I only took a quick glance but it didn't appear to show on the front, but I will take a closer look after work. I was at home on my lunch break and didn't have too much time to look. I got #17.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what to do with mine.

I can live with how I received them but I know it will bug me long term. That being said I don't have a lot of confidence that if I get a replacement it'll arrive in better condition.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Where the wound too tightly? Was it a print quality issue?

Just got notice that they 'approved' replacements and sent order to warehouse. We'll see if they fare any better than the first set.

No idea on real cause of issue, Treehouse wouldn't comment on it when asked directly - just that they were working 1-on-1 with customers on it.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']To anyone who has dealt with getting replacements before, do you get the same # lithograph again?[/QUOTE]

No.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not sure what to do with mine.

I can live with how I received them but I know it will bug me long term. That being said I don't have a lot of confidence that if I get a replacement it'll arrive in better condition.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Where the wound too tightly? Was it a print quality issue?[/QUOTE]

I think it's a combination of low quality paper and rolled too tightly. If it bothers you, just do an exchange. They're sending me a tracking number already for my replacements. Will advise if they are in better shape.

[quote name='Strat']I think it's a combination of low quality paper and rolled too tightly. If it bothers you, just do an exchange. They're sending me a tracking number already for my replacements. Will advise if they are in better shape.[/QUOTE]

Same here, got my tracking for replacements. Will report back.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got my replacements. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Actually worse off than the first set. Packaging was exactly the same as well...sigh.[/QUOTE]

Awww crap, scared to get mine.

I lied, all the creases were on the right side this time. Just sent another message in my ticket. I never did get a tracking number for replacements too, they just showed up.

^ That's not what I wanted to hear...

The turn around time was pretty quick. I wonder if they printed a few hundred extra from the start meaning that all the replacements will be affected too

Yea, its hard to tell where damage comes from. I'm kinda skeptical its from rolling them up. I sent a direct message to Treehouse's facebook page again to complain and see if they know/care what is going on.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I lied, all the creases were on the right side this time. Just sent another message in my ticket. I never did get a tracking number for replacements too, they just showed up.[/QUOTE]

Keep us posted how they respond this time. My replacements are due in tomorrow before 6 PM. Hoping for a better result.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got my replacements. SAME EXACT PROBLEM. Actually worse off than the first set. Packaging was exactly the same as well...sigh.[/QUOTE]

Damn! Ths is not what I wanted to hear. I'm getting my replacements today. I'll report back.

bread's done
Back