Beyond: Two Souls (Quantic Dream) - Out NOW!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/09/05/beyond-two-souls-demo-coming-october-1st/

The demo will be out on October 1 for everybody, but they will be giving out codes to get it early on Tuesday. This is what the demo will offer:

This demo will include two scenes from the game, giving insight into the extraordinary story that awaits you next month. This will be the first chance for most to go hands-on and experience the improvements Quantic Dream has made to Heavy Rain’s control scheme.

The Beyond: Two Souls demo will feature the following two scenes from the final game:

• Jodie & Aiden: Join a very young Jodie as she takes part in an experiment at the Department of Paranormal Activities. As officials put her abilities to the test, you take charge of a mysterious, invisible entity.
  • Hunted: Skip forward a number of years and help Jodie escape the clutches of government agents as the mysterious entity unleashes its truly astonishing powers.

Yeah to get the demo today like GS on Facebook and follow the link they provide under the box art pic to claim a download code.

Yeah to get the demo today like GS on Facebook and follow the link they provide under the box art pic to claim a download code.
Oh snap, thanks for the heads up.

I didn't think it would be that easy to get the code... good thing I still log into Facebook every year or two to like something for free stuff. :lol:

EDIT* Damn, 3GB? Sounds like one hell of a demo...

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT* Damn, 3GB? Sounds like one hell of a demo...

Considering how amazing the graphics are it could very well still be just 5-10 minutes long. IIRC the GoW3 demo was pretty hefty but surprisingly short. It's pretty hilarious when you consider how many full PSN games come under.5 ;)

That was a pretty beefy demo. It took me nearly 40 minutes to finish. I messed around a lot, especially as Aiden... it was pretty fun. 

The audio and visuals are substantially improved from Heavy Rain. The game looks great and there's little to no screen tear (though it does stutter a bit). The music was fitting to the moment and the voice work was excellent (and no terrible accents). 

The game played pretty much like HR except now, the button prompts are as blatantly obvious. Controlling Aiden was pretty wonky and took a bit of time to get used to. I really didn't like how the game kept going from gameplay to cut-scene... it was seamless and I was often standing there thinking it was a cut-scene or trying to control Jodie in the cut-scene. 

So far, so good. The game looks great, sounds great, and plays well enough. But the story is what's gonna make or break this game. The two scenes they showed were pretty awesome and going by all the different scenes from the trailers, it looks like there's gonna be lots of different settings. 

Hmm... I already have this paid off at Gamestop.  Are the number of codes for the demo really that limited?  I don't want to take a code and end up not playing the demo due to my backlog.

I'm trying to stay away from the demo. I want to be all in on it when it comes out.
The demo really didn't reveal much about the story that you probably already didn't know. It was more of a demonstration of the gameplay I think.

Still, I can't blame you since the second part of the demo was (at least I assume it was) from a latter part of the game, which could break up the experience when you actually play it.

Needless to say, the demo definitely sold me on the game.... even though I didn't really need much convincing since I really liked HR.

The second part of the demo is the sequence that we saw in one of, if not, the first trailers for the game.

I recorded my playthrough of the demo for those interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uksWhBU8ITY

What I kept wondering during the demo was how are they ever going to catch this bitch? Even when she's captured, all Aiden Kalenko has to do is use the force to choke a pig and Juno is free. If the spirit dude has a weakness, they sure haven't shown it yet. At this point, however, the police are really stupid just throwing waves of dudes at her and not learning their lesson.

The full game's story is definitely going to hinge on this point for me. Aiden can't curbstomp fuckers throughout the entire game. It'll be interesting to see what his Kryptonite is.

What I kept wondering during the demo was how are they ever going to catch this bitch? Even when she's captured, all Aiden Kalenko has to do is use the force to choke a pig and Juno is free. If the spirit dude has a weakness, they sure haven't shown it yet. At this point, however, the police are really stupid just throwing waves of dudes at her and not learning their lesson.

The full game's story is definitely going to hinge on this point for me. Aiden can't curbstomp fuckers throughout the entire game. It'll be interesting to see what his Kryptonite is.
His kryptonite is ellen page my guess is there will be a choice to have her sacrifice herself in the end to kill Aiden or stay alive and deal with him. The way I understand it is Ellen page is a medium between worlds so basically he only exists if Ellen page does. Which is why for the most part he protects her. I might be way off base but it seems pretty logical.

The stand off was a little awkward, I agree. I get that Aiden is supernatural (?) and hard to believe but the police should have noticed any number of the things happening and gotten the hell out of there. And what kind of state trooper chases a perp on top of a moving a train?

If the game is trying to mesh itself as a interactive motion picture, it's certainly going the over-the-top hollywood script route.

Am I the only one that felt like the controls are horrible. The game seems awesome and I was waiting for years for this game, but once I tried it I had to cancel the pre-order sadly. Aiden and Jodie movements are completely shit. Aiden was such horrific to get it him to move and not give me a seizure while it was happening. Jodie is bearable, but god Aiden I just wanted to kill him.

Just in case you, or anyone else posting here, wasn't aware: Amazon is currently running a promo where if you trade in $20 worth of games you get a bonus $20 credit for Beyond: Two Souls, essentially making it $20 out of pocket. Not exactly what you're wanting, but not a bad deal at all I think, it's certainly made me consider pre-ordering it :D
I would have jumped on this but I really want that GS exclusive steelbook.

I guess I'm in the minority, but the demo unsold me on this game. It feels a bit like a glorified Dragons Lair.

I had the exact same thought after playing the demo. Just not my kind of game.

I thought the demo was really cool! My wife and I have been looking forward to this game for a while! Hoping for a PS4 version.

beyond two souls special edition/steelbook edition unboxing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9XkVEn1rbQ

I was joking lol I find it funny quite a bit of people already have their copies according to some of the trophy sites did this come out earlier ? or just a case of broken street date

Still picking it up, but here we go with the mixed reviews: A 6 from this guy, and a 9 from that other guy.  I think it'll be like this, and we'll just have to just choose to play or not on our own.

*Edit* Picked up the LE.  Lameness from Sony on the U.S. version.  We don't even get the 3 page manual that the folks across the pond got.  Just a single sheet with the reward code for getting the LE.

Unfortunately, this is going to be more of an argument of what constitutes as a real game, not whether the experience itself is entertaining or not.

Played a little over 2 hours so far and I am enjoying it. I actually decided to use my ipad as the controller as I thought that would be interesting and so far my only gripe is that controlling Aiden is a bit wonky. I think if you enjoyed Heavy Rain you will like this, and if you didn't find anything in that game you enjoyed, this is not going to change your mind.

Played a little over 2 hours so far and I am enjoying it. I actually decided to use my ipad as the controller as I thought that would be interesting and so far my only gripe is that controlling Aiden is a bit wonky. I think if you enjoyed Heavy Rain you will like this, and if you didn't find anything in that game you enjoyed, this is not going to change your mind.
I didn't even know you could use an iPad for controls, that sounds really cool! Is this the first PS3 game to feature that, or have I just been missing them somehow? It doesn't apply to me since I haven't got one, but I think for this style of game it would work great (perhaps better than the controller).

Had no idea this was an option. I just dled the app on the phone and gonna have to check it out later.

So far the game has been alright but controlling Aiden gives me headaches.

Just played a couple segments with the iphone app and it works surprisingly well. The Aiden parts are more fixed so you don't have to float around randomly.

I'm liking the story so far and the graphics are pretty impressive.

I played through it yesterday. The story doesn't have good direction but it all ties together at the end. Try to finish it if you can.

Personally I enjoyed Heavy Rain more but Beyond was fun (especially for a $2 redbox rental)

I played through it yesterday. The story doesn't have good direction but it all ties together at the end. Try to finish it if you can.

Personally I enjoyed Heavy Rain more but Beyond was fun (especially for a $2 redbox rental)
How long did it take you to get through it. I got it this morning from redbox and played about 3 hours today. Thinking of keeping it for a few days and finishing it up.

I played 2 hrs tonight with my wife and it feels that I am probably a 1/4th of the way through it so I would say the game is 8hrs tops if you speed through it.

Meh I don't care anymore.  Game does some pretty interesting stuff but there is more boring filler than actual entertainment.   And why the hell do you have to walk so slowly?

bread's done
Back