Beyond: Two Souls Special Edition $53.99 + tax , USA - GAMESTOP EXCLUSIVE

basically with a slipcover on the outside the steelbook, compare to your normal ps3 case.
I meant stock/inventory count as in how many steelbook copies GS stores are getting. Are there regular versions at GS?

ps

why is it that every single time you quote, there is some linebreak error code. it's really getting annoying.

I meant stock/inventory count as in how many steelbook copies GS stores are getting. Are there regular versions at GS?
I didn't see any standard copies at GS. I think all they are carrying is their exclusive SE until they run out. Their website only lists the SE.

grrrrrr. Want this so bad but don't own a PS3
As a fan of David Cage's games even though they have flaws, (I named Heavy Rain PS3 GotY on my podcast in 2010) I would say if you're a new PS3 owner or didn't play Indigo Prophecy on PS2/XBox then I would get Heavy Rain first since it's $20 new. See if you enjoy his style before you plop big money down on Beyond.

ps

why is it that every single time you quote, there is some linebreak error code. it's really getting annoying.
My local GS had 13 preorders and got 26 copies. No vanilla copies yet.

Ah, k...thanks. Might have jumped on it if there was a full physical soundtrack or something I'd regret missing out on. Still really looking forward to playing it, but I'll probably give my wallet a break and wait for the holidays or a price drop.
Sony NEVER does physical soundtracks anymore since God of War 3 in 2010. Always digital but they're usually more than 4 damn songs.

I like steel books, and have been looking forward to this game for so long, but right now my backlog is way too big. I think I can wait a bit, plus with it at Redbox that's a free rental waiting to be claimed.

I would love a steelbook edition, but not for $60 - discount.  I'll check back with the CAG lowballs and then wait for the game to be < $20 in a few years.

So apparently GameStop has a new rule in place, reading manuals is no longer allowed, as the sawed off twerp "rudely" informed me last night  :???: Wanted to get the game because of the steel book but fuck it, amazon or Best Buy it is, fuck off GameStop.  8-[

So apparently GameStop has a new rule in place, reading manuals is no longer allowed, as the sawed off twerp "rudely" informed me last night :???: Wanted to get the game because of the steel book but fuck it, amazon or Best Buy it is, fuck off GameStop. 8-[
Probably because the majority of "manual readers" are just trying to steal Online Passes, Special Edition Content Codes or registration codes.

So apparently GameStop has a new rule in place, reading manuals is no longer allowed, as the sawed off twerp "rudely" informed me last night :???: Wanted to get the game because of the steel book but fuck it, amazon or Best Buy it is, fuck off GameStop. 8-[
All that's in Beyond is the Special Edition code slip, why did your GS not take it out and put it in the gut sleeve?

ps
Yeah what's the deal?

All that's in Beyond is the Special Edition code slip, why did your GS not take it out and put it in the gut sleeve?
When shin-megami-tensei-iv came out, they didn't even bother to remove the actual game from the case when they put the gutted copy on the store shelve, so my guess is lazy employees or just don't care, I seen other people find game discs inside the cases as well.

Probably because the majority of "manual readers" are just trying to steal Online Passes, Special Edition Content Codes or registration codes.
Plus, it's probably harder for them to sell their whole "It's opened but new" thing if the manual is all folded or bent out of shape and covered with 50 fingerprints.

Guys, $54 is an amazing price for Beyond. It truly is the best of both worlds: a game you can't really play, and a movie you won't really enjoy, all stuffed onto one disc! Plus there's a steelbook.
I have yet to play Beyond and I am looking forward to when I do, but regardless this comment is hilarious.

I just got this for $25 used after using the birthday coupon plus a $20 off coupon from powerup rewards....

Not bad for the day after release.

I hope it's okay to use this thread to ask a question...

I'm not a heavy gamer, and I only did pre-orders twice, both from Amazon. In both cases, I got the game on delivery day with free shipping.

Because of the extra content on Beyond Two Souls, I decided to pre-order from Gamestop. I had to pay for shipping. But when release day came... no game for me. It's travelling the American lands very slowly and should be here sometime next week.

So, am I right to assume the pre-ordering from Gamestop is, well, stupid? Could I just have walked into the store on release day and picked up the same thing, without wait or paying for shipping? 

Sorry for the newbie question, and thanks!

A in store preorder would have been better. You just go in on release day (or a midnight launch if they do it for the game you preordered) and pay the rest off after the initial $5 deposit and then your on your way home with a new game.

I'm not a heavy gamer, and I only did pre-orders twice, both from Amazon. In both cases, I got the game on delivery day with free shipping.

Because of the extra content on Beyond Two Souls, I decided to pre-order from Gamestop. I had to pay for shipping. But when release day came... no game for me. It's travelling the American lands very slowly and should be here sometime next week.

So, am I right to assume the pre-ordering from Gamestop is, well, stupid? Could I just have walked into the store on release day and picked up the same thing, without wait or paying for shipping?

In store pre-order from GameStop is always the better route. The thing is you have to remember to pre-order early enough in store because typically the in store cuts off earlier than online. I tried to pre-order the special edition in store a few days before release and the orders were cut off but the online still had stock. You could always do ship to store if you don't want to pay shipping OR use the infamous SAVER code which nets free shipping.

Yeah if you do an online preorder always choose the pick up in store option unless you don't have a physical store close by. You don't have to put any money down and can pay it off with trades when you arrive at the store.

Just beware employees don't like habitual online preorder customers so the service they give you may be curt, as they are not getting preorders from you if you only do it online.

So has GS actually stocked any non-special editions?  Even the preowned version listed online is listed as the special edition.

I have several copies near me used, so I may pick one up with birthday and PUR for $40.

There are people out there that trade in the whole thing though. That's how I got most of the steel books I have for 360. (all but 6-7 of the US released ones)

On an aside, I just got a Ni No Kuni steel for free at GS. They had a box of old preorder bonuses and the guy said just take it.

There are people out there that trade in the whole thing though. That's how I got most of the steel books I have for 360. (all but 6-7 of the US released ones)

On an aside, I just got a Ni No Kuni steel for free at GS. They had a box of old preorder bonuses and the guy said just take it.
Wow great find with that Kuni steelbook. I have 2 due to 2 preordered, but one of them is pretty banged up.

The people at your Gamestop are nice. Do you happen to live in a small town?

So has GS actually stocked any non-special editions? Even the preowned version listed online is listed as the special edition.

I have several copies near me used, so I may pick one up with birthday and PUR for $40.
When I went in today to pay off my Pokemon pre-order I saw a couple regular edition behind the counter. So stores are getting them it seems.

I never understood why people would trade in a limited edition complete to GS when they give the same credit as disc only

As long as the disc is in good condition they shouldnt be charging fees and should be called out on it if they do
Good condition is relative. I've bought used games from Gamestop that could only be 1 year old at the most and they were more scratched up than the games I've had for 7+ years.

Sometimes when I get a used game , I think that there are too many gamers that are slobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I went in today to pay off my Pokemon pre-order I saw a couple regular edition behind the counter. So stores are getting them it seems.
Ok. I asked at a store I was at today and they said all they had been sent so far was the LE/steelbook.

The people at your Gamestop are nice. Do you happen to live in a small town?
This actually wasn't even one of my local ones. This was ~30 minutes away, at one I'm in maybe once every two months.

I never understood why people would trade in a limited edition complete to GS when they give the same credit as disc only
Probably for the same reason a girl was going to trade in a Kindle Fire Tuesday at GS for $16 cash. (I bought it from her for $20 cash)

Some people just aren't collectors and don't care to keep them or they may not understand that things like Steelbooks can be valuable. There are plenty of people who will buy a Steelbook copy of a game just because it has a Steelbook and not care about the game inside, but I don't think that is common knowledge.

Ok. I asked at a store I was at today and they said all they had been sent so far was the LE/steelbook.

This actually wasn't even one of my local ones. This was ~30 minutes away, at one I'm in maybe once every two months.

Probably for the same reason a girl was going to trade in a Kindle Fire Tuesday at GS for $16 cash. (I bought it from her for $20 cash)
Hmm they both looked like sealed copies too. Maybe the manager at my store let someone trade in a new copies then? All I saw yesterday was definitely only the steelbook edition.

Ok, so another newbie question on the same topic: can I just walk to the local Gamestop, pick up the game, and then return the other one I ordered online for full price when it gets here? :)

Ok, so another newbie question on the same topic: can I just walk to the local Gamestop, pick up the game, and then return the other one I ordered online for full price when it gets here? :)
Assuming that they're the same game without didn't SKUs and its unopened/damaged then yes.

The Steelbook edition has an outer sleeve with the exact same artwork as the regular case so unless you see it up close I bet that's what caused the mistaken glance.

Does anyone know if this game has spanish subtitles? I know that is a random question but I have a friend in Europe I export games too (likewise he helps me import certain games) and he is interested in Beyond: Two Souls GS edition and I haven't opened mine yet and most likely won't get around to it until Saturday at the earliest.

I'm sure it's very YMMV but I showed the worker at my local GS the sale on my iPhone and told him I needed to cancel my pre-order and he ended up doing a manual adjustment on it for $6 off. He asked a few questions first like "is it the Steelbook/Special edition" and "do you get free shipping online" after I answered both he said let me try to do a manual override and I got it for the online price. It was a Pre-order but I didn't pick it up until Wed. May be worth a try atleast for others but I wouldn't expect it and I was ok if I had to order it online.

Does anyone know if this game has spanish subtitles? I know that is a random question but I have a friend in Europe I export games too (likewise he helps me import certain games) and he is interested in Beyond: Two Souls GS edition and I haven't opened mine yet and most likely won't get around to it until Saturday at the earliest.
Thought i saw spanish subs, . But checked again and subtitle options are English, French, or None.

Yes and french i saw.
Huh? I didn't see Spanish. I only see "English" and "French" subtitles as the only options. Somebody else confirm?

bread's done
Back