Big Daddy Cool's wrestling topic

Christ, McMahon is giving Lou Dobbs a run for his money in the "using my TV show to push my personal agenda" department tonight.

IRS! Huzzah! (what a dumbass gimmick - I liked "Captain Mike Rotundo" personally).

Vince's public meltdowns over real-life issues are hilarious, and sad. Tonight's have been no different. Regal hosting the Dating Game = awesome!

Cena's act has gotten much worse over the past two months, where he's been given utter shit to work with on promos, and has reverted back into doing a bunch of gay jokes while being a chickenshit babyface. There are roughly zero likeable qualities about his character now, and he's the lead face. ugh.

I have a good idea as to who Vince's child is...

mid2.jpg

Well Raw wasn't 100% crap tonight. All the Regal segments were highly entertaining (at least to me). Umaga's face turn is downright bizarre though. While it's funny to watch him chase around Santino "I'm in a lot of pain :lol:" Marella, watching "UmaNga" team with Cena might be too much for me to handle. This is all Jeff Hardy's fault. Although, a huge part of me believes Jeff would not have received this suspension had it not been for Congress getting into Vince's trousers.

I like the idea of Vince turning face too. He's done the negative heel thing for way too long. A positive spin on Vince's character, along with a hilarious GM in Regal could go a long way to curing what ails Raw right now.

WWE has come to terms on the release of Idol Stevens as of today. We wish Idol the best in all future endeavors.

Very odd... I thought he was being pushed heavily in WWE's developmental territories. I wonder if he asked for his release to jump to TNA.

I like Idol in OVW, but I'd be lying to you if I said I thought he'd be a star anywhere. I would expect to see KC James release shortly too, as I feel the same way about him. His tag team with Cassidy James is a very 80's style southern tag team. It might work in TNA, but doubtful in WWE.

EDIT: WWE Dating Game? Good god, what a fuckin' terrible idea.

Santino was hilarious, the whole dating game segment had me laughing and I freaking love William Regal, as long as he's on Raw I'll be watching.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Rumor has it that TNA Impact is going two hours starting October 4th on Spike TV.

Source: The Observer[/QUOTE]
YEAH!

That was not the way to get ratings. I'm guessing now would be a good time for me to completely tune out of WWE for a couple months. I'll catch TNA, but after last night I just can't watch this crap WWE puts out anymore.

They wasted 8 minutes on a dating game skit? Although different, it was not as funny as they made it out to be. It was basically just a way to get Ron Simmons to say something else than damn. They could've done that in the place of Snitsky's match, cause that had to the most pointless match of the night.

wow.. i didnt even know snitsky was on last night..

i found a ticket for raw next week.. $200 for a floor seat.. im still contemplating...

[quote name='guyver2077']wow.. i didnt even know snitsky was on last night..[/quote]
Squash one or two of the Highlanders. Don't know if it was one or two since I kept flipping back between that & Star Trek.

I'm with tangy and Casey. I had to get up early this morning, so I wasn't 100% committed to Guitar Hero night at the bar. After 20 minutes of Raw, I put the shoes on, and was out the door 10 minutes later.

Rocked everyone there, save for one dude who almost took me to school on "Carry Me Home." I think this is the perfect remedy for watching Raw, which is now more a Pavlovian response than a genuine interest in the program.

[quote name='guyver2077']wow.. i didnt even know snitsky was on last night..

i found a ticket for raw next week.. $200 for a floor seat.. im still contemplating...[/quote]

If Triple H returns next week it would be cool to be there, but definitely not worth $200.

[quote name='RawisJericho']If Triple H returns next week it would be cool to be there, but definitely not worth $200.[/quote]

lol yea... but w.e.. i know ill be kicking myself after but its floor seats at the garden...for raw plus sat. main event

i will prob find out tomm if im even going to ny.. then hopefully the damn ticket will still be available

[quote name='guyver2077']lol yea... but w.e.. i know ill be kicking myself after but its floor seats at the garden...for raw plus sat. main event

i will prob find out tomm if im even going to ny.. then hopefully the damn ticket will still be available[/quote]

Might be worth it for the sat night main event as well.

Well, Raw and SNME may be worth it - it *is* wrestling's most historical building, after all. I wouldn't pay for it, but I'll bet you'll have a goddamned blast there.

So I'm about half way into my mission/vacation-type tour of eastern Europe... at a pretty nice hotel with wifi in Krim Penninsula, southern Ukraine. I decided to download Impact and check it out (didn't even bother with any of the WWE stuff from the past 2 weeks after reading all the negative comments).

So, although I'm late.. I figured I'd post some thoughts:

Disappointed at the lack of wrestling, but what was there, was great. Triple X vs. Dutt/Lethal was an awesome short spotty match which is building into what will probably be THE tag fued of the year: Motor City vs. Triple X.

Angle is hilarious. While the whole family thing might have been somewhat.. lacking class? Too soon maybe? You can't argue it didn't work towards both Angle's, and more importantly, Joe's character.

Putting Harris and Young together seems kind of random but apparently worked well against newly turned ultra-heels Team 3D.

I'm almost ashamed to say it... but for once, I actually care about "The Punisher" Andrew Martin. I don't know what it is... but I got the sense from both that blog and his debut that he seems completely invigorated. Looking forward to see if the ball ends up being ran with.

All in all, pretty good show. 8/10 I'd say... I'm not a football fan so I don't exactly know who this so called Pacman fellar is but as long as he doesn't bore me for TOO long a time period, I'm not exactly crying over the signing. I'm definitely looking forward to TNA getting 2 hours.

Quite a shame about RAW's latest slump. But hey, the worse RAW does... the better for TNA.

Well I just wanted to share this with you guys. For my birthday a few weeks ago I got one of the Classic IC title belt toys as sort of a gag gift. My Little girl fell in love with "the belt" as she calls it. BTW her fav wrestler is AJ Styles. No joke she can pick out his picture a mile away. Anyway this is cute:

August4-52007008.jpg

I didn't even pose her fingers like that either. Classic Superfly! :)

[quote name='RawisJericho']If Triple H returns next week it would be cool to be there, but definitely not worth $200.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. To hit him in the face with a tomato.

I randomly bought scalper tickets the night of the show for $70 each to sit 4th row for the Raw that started the Invasion storyline (the night of the last Nitro). Looking back, still probably wasn't worth it as I couldn't tell you a single match that happened that night.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I will paypal you 10 dollars if you do it guyver.[/QUOTE]
I'll make it $20 if he can silly-string him, preferably during the inevitable Trips water spit entrance.

ROH NEWSWIRE - I'll be second row at this PPV :)

August 7th: You already know that ROH will tape its third PPV on September 15th in Chicago. Now we have huge news on ROH's fourth PPV taping. ROH will tape its fourth PPV on October 6th in Edison, NJ!!! You can now get tickets for both shows for 25% off until TONIGHT at ROHwrestling.com. Don't miss out on these huge PPV events coming to Chicago and Edison!!!

August 7th: "Death Before Dishonor V" weekend is coming up this Friday in Boston and this Saturday in Philadelphia. You can now save 25% on all tickets to both events at ROHwrestling.com. Both nights will be headlined by Non-Sanctioned Street Fights. These are both guaranteed to be two of the craziest, wildest, most insane matches of the year. Act now to get some great ringside seats and GA tix for 25% off, but the sale ends TONIGHT at ROHwrestling.com so act now.

August 7th: Not only are tickets to all ROH live events 25% off at ROHwrestling.com, but there is a free shipping sale on all items. Check the article on the main page of
www.ROHwrestling.com to see if your order qualifies for FREE SHIPPING. This even includes international orders. The latest ROH show DVD is here!!! Check out two epic main event tag matches on 6/22 "United We Stand" from Dayton featuring Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. Claudio Castagnoli & Matt Sydal in a 2/3 Falls ROH World Tag Team Title rematch from "Respect Is Earned" plus: ROH all stars Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness vs. NOAH all stars Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji; KENTA vs. Rocky Romero in a great match; Lacey vs. Serena Deeb; Roderick Strong & Davey Richards vs. Matt Cross & Erick Stevens; Brent Albright vs. BJ Whitmer; Gauntlet Series with Delirious, Pelle Primeau, Chris Hero, Adam Pearce and Jimmy Rave; Kevin Steen & El Generico vs. Irish Airborne plus more!!! Briscoes vs. Claudio & Sydal stole the show on ROH's first PPV and now you can witness the rematch on this loaded DVD!!!

August 7th: This will be a historic weekend for women's wrestling in ROH. For the first time the SHIMMER Title will be defended by SHIMMER Champion Sara Del Rey. It will be Daizee Haze vs. Lacey this Friday in Boston. After what happened this year in Boston between these two this will be an explosive match. The winner will face Del Rey for the title this Saturday in Philadelphia. Both Lacey and Haze have an extensive history against Del Rey in both ROH and SHIMMER. You are guaranteed to see a huge title match in this historic weekend for women's wrestling.

August 7th: Bryan Danielson still has the entire cash prize from the $10,000 Tag Team Challenge from 7/28 in Edison, NJ in his possession. Danielson captained a team that consisted of Matt Sydal, Austin Aries & Jay Briscoe. Danielson contends that he is just letting the money accumulate interest in the bank right now. Sydal's agent Larry Sweeney is looking into serving Danielson with legal papers to get Sydal's share. It will be interesting to see what happens when Danielson takes on Sydal on August 10th in Boston. Sydal is looking for revenge since Danielson pushed him off the top rope in Edison to try to gain the pinfall for himself. Boston will witness the first ever meeting of Danielson and Sydal in ROH.

August 7th: Make sure to check out the latest ROH Video Wire at
www.ROHvideos.com to see Claudio Castagnoli's training for his first shot at the ROH World Title. Castagnoli will challenge ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima this Friday in Boston. Castagnoli has a lot of momentum behind him after winning the Race To The Top Tournament. Claudio says that he has never felt better in the ring. Many have touted Castagnoli as a future champion and he will get his shot this Friday in Boston. Claudio has all the tools. He has the size, agility, strength, natural charisma, genetics and ability of a champion. Friday in Boston will see if he can put it all together like he did in the Race To The Top Tournament and become the new ROH World Champion.

August 7th: ROH officials are waiting on some final talent confirmations before setting more matches for 8/24 in Hartford and 8/25 in Manhattan. We hope to have more matches announced in the next ROHwrestling.com Newswire. We have a ticket alert. Manhattan is close to selling out. Don't get shut out!!! There are still some great ringside seats available for "Caged Rage" in downtown Hartford featuring two Steel Cage matches. Save 25% on all tickets to both shows until TONIGHT at ROHwrestling.com.

August 7th: We had the lineup for this Friday's Boston event in the last ROHwrestling.com Newswire. Now here is the loaded card for this Saturday's show in Philadelphia. Save 25% on tickets until TONIGHT at ROHwrestling.com and see:

Ring Of Honor
August 11th, 2007- 7:30pm belltime
Pennsylvania National Guard Armory
2700 Southampton Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19154
"Death Before Dishonor V: Night 2"

Tickets available at ROHwrestling.com, Tickets.com or by calling 215-781-2500.

Non-Sanctioned Philadelphia Street Fight
Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Rocky Romero & Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries, Erick Stevens, Matt Cross & Delirious

ROH World Title Match
Takeshi Morishima (if still champion) defends vs. Brent Albright

Dream Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Mike Quackenbush

SHIMMER Title Match
Sara Del Rey vs. Daizee Haze/Lacey Winner On 8/10

Falls Count Anywhere Match
ROH World Tag Team Champion Mark Briscoe vs. El Generico

Lights Out Match
ROH World Tag Team Champion Jay Briscoe vs. Kevin Steen

Tag Team Challenge Match
Claudio Castagnoli & Nigel McGuinness vs. Chris Hero & Jigsaw with Larry Sweeney, Tank Toland, & Bobby Dempsey

Special Attraction
Jack Evans vs. Deranged

Plus preshow action with: Pelle Primeau, Mitch Franklin, Shane Hagadorn, Eddie Kingston, Cheech, Cloudy and others!!!

bread's done
Back