Biggest CAG Shopping News 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
While THQ bundle was amazing and huge, I already had all those games so I actually passed on it. The PS+ instant games were amazing and prompted me to upgrade my PS3's HDD so I could store all these freebies.

People seem to be forgetting or just don't know that, in 2012, Best Buy extended their pm window for Silver members (60 days from 45) and started matching online retailers such as Amazon and Newegg.

The 2013 nerfed policy is different

All three of these were huge. BB for trying to have Brick and mortar compete with online, PSN instant collection for the awesomeness, and THQ for the idea of mid tier developers falling off.

I think all the "all digital" talk for the next batch of consoles is really big too, wonder how it will affect prices.

I'll go with THQ though.

BBY for me as I think I bought every release last year that was on the $20 RZ list. Then 60 days to PM them all down to $40 or less allowed me to make money while playing games. Truly epic. Will be one of those "Do you remember when..." eras for me

Playstation Plus Instant Game Collection because for $50 I can access tons of games that I normally would not buy.

PS+ instant game collection. So much so it made me think about dusting off my PS3 and using it for, you know, gaming instead of a blu ray player only.

I feel the BB PM policy has to be it as since KMart left that became the default place to preorder games for many CAG's (not me) that hate Gamestop and would burn them all to the ground if they could.

I'm really surprised Amazon doesn't match BB's $20 credits to really put the screws to them since they always matched KMart's coupons.

I would assume this is about Butt Buy PMing Amazon now? If so, I could never vote for them because they basically just copied Target. Target announced they were PMing Amazon as part of their regular price match policy, whereas Butt Buy decided to do it for the holidays and then made it part of their regular policy.

Also, every time I walk into a Butt Buy, I want to walk back out.

Playstation Plus. Once they gave out the free trial, everyone say potential in the service. Stoked to see if the service expands on the PS4.

Had to go PS+ as it was the ONLY thing that made me keep my Vita AND also the first thing to actually make me want to pay for +.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back